QTDDTOT

Turkey mode edition.
Will I lose muscle on a 600-700 kcal deficit? Or is it okay so long as I get enough protein?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=JdULpdIK7Co
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Good dumbbell routines? Can anyone link me a few? Esp full body ones. I'm currently looking around

What's the best type of cardio?

if i am on a ketogenic diet and i eat under calories while bulking, will i still build muscle (ie will my body take the required energy from the fat stores i have to build the muscle?)

if my girlfriend gives me sleeping pills, would she able to ride my wein (with no protection) without me waking up?

Help me pls. I had a shoulder injury, never got it diagnosed, but the pain was in the front of my right shoulder. That was awhile ago, the pain has gone and it seems okay now, except for the fact that if I make a wide circle motion with my arm, I will feel and hear a loud popping in the front of that shoulder, it's like a tendon is there or something and it needs to be moved or shoved out the way for my arm to perform a full rotation.

Here's where it gets shit. As I've eased back into lifting, I've found my bench progress has started to lack, to where I cannot for the life of me stabilize my weakened shoulder in the bench press. By which I mean, I can't keep it down and back. After the 1st or 2nd rep of my first work set my weakened shoulder comes loose, and I have to try and readjust at the top of the movement. Googling gives me all sorts of nonsense, and I don't really know what to search for anyway. I can OHP fine, though pull ups feel a bit dodgy on the joint, so I'm not sure what part of the shoulder is lacking.

Can anyone give any advice or exercises I can do to try and improve it?

Question on whey protein
I buy ON gold standard, and have always had vanilla ice cream flavor, but I want to try out the others without being disgusted, so I want the opinions of people that have tried them
What flavor does user recommend?

I mostly always stick to simple chocolate. The point of whey isn't to enjoy what you are drinking, it's to have a flavor good enough that you can quickly gag it the fuck down and move on. Chocolate is perfect for that.

Went out on an me binge last night is going to the gym 7 hours later a bad idea

do you count calories from fat when trying to follow your TDEE to gain weight?

When bulking can I still go to the gym?

Doing some seated rows, should I be doing straight back or not?

What's the difference?

Are all you faggots minus being trolling dumb fucks?

To answer your question, if you are just starting out, keep the back straight and really focus on working your back instead of biceps. The bent back is mostly for when you moving a shitload of weight and it's pretty much necessary at that point to arch the back a bit. Also try to make sure you aren't just doing "modified bicep curls" as many new people tend to do(if you are new) because I know I did for a few months on accident.

Stretching and go to the fucking doctor.

HIIT is the best if you are trying to improve quickly, and just in general. If you are fat, stay the fuck away from it though as you will probably vomit and pass out. Also if you are fat, stick to cycling, walking(no jogging), and swimming.

If you are skinny, just do cycling or sprinting HIIT and take your fucking heart to gainstown.

Thank you senpai

The leaner you are, the more you risk losing. The fatter you are, the less you risk.

It's not like dumbbells aren't useful, but when you ask like that I get the impression that you only have access to a couple of light weights, which means that even with a great routine your results will be limited.

Best for what?

If you eat below your TDEE (if that's what you mean) then you aren't bulking per definition. That said, you can still build muscle if you have a lot of fat on you. If you're really fat and really weak it's going to be easy. If you're not that fat and already pretty muscular it's going to be difficult.

Can't diagnose you across the internet. You should see a physio.
Regardless, if you can only do 2 reps on the bench press with good form do 2 reps then, until you get better. You can divide your e.g. 8 rep sets into 4 mini sets with a short rest interval in between.
You can also practice keeping your shoulders in the right position when doing pulldowns.

If you feel really "unstable" as you say, bottom-up kettlebell exercises are great. Waiter's walk for example, or a Turkish get-up.

Binge drinking? Some people experience a strength boost when the alcohol leaves the body, maybe due to testosterone getting a surge after having been suppressed for a while.
Other people just vomit and go home.

Arc your upper back for maximum lat contraction.
The angle of your torso in relation to the floor is something you can play around with to change the line of pull. Just don't pull the weight with your low back.

No problem. Like I said, if you are new(you didn't specify) make absolutely sure you are using your lats instead of your biceps. You have to use your biceps in the last portion, but if notice your arms are getting really tired, then stop and focus slowly on only using your back.

Well, it's not that easy question, becuase much depends on one's body, like how your hormones work, how much you weigh, how tall you are, what are your predispositions are and shit. I can only tell you, that the lower deficit and slower cut you do, the less muscle you will lose.

The best for you is the one you like the most, cause you can do it while enjoying it, seriously.
If you enjoy it, you can do it longer, so bettter cardio gains.
Personally I like rollerblading the most and sometimes swimming, running or biking.

Well, vanilla, strawberry and chocolate are universal, especially when it comes to cooking, so they are always good choice.

Personally I like also white chocolate, but I don't know if there's that flavor by ON.

Yes, you count fat calories.

When bulking you must go to the gym. You must get muscle, not just fat. I'm not even sure if you are serious or trolling.

Maybe I should be doing another exercise? I already do lat pulldown for lats, I was hoping to target the back in general, particularly my lower if possible

If I'm about 50 pounds over the weight I need to be, but weak as fuck(6'2" and huge frame, but can barely bench 150) should I just focus on deep calorie cuts and get slim as fast as possible, and then build back up slowly, or take it extremely slow and try to "recomp" as most call it?

I've already lost 70 pounds, and this last bit is getting a bit harder, so I was wondering if I should just get it over with and build back up or not.

No I am not trolling, thank you for taking the time to answer my question

A couple of months ago i started doing SL 5x5.
I used to really love front squats and I'd like to add them to this routine, I know you arent suposed to add any excercices and all that but still, where should i add them? Remove one back squat of the week and make it front squat? Should i do it at all?

Can you do deadlift and squats? That's what I would recommend. If not, back extensions. Be careful with back extensions with loading up shitloads of weight though. Straining the lower back is easier than you would think and it's hell for a while.

Front squat hits some muscles differently, but if you really like it, then do it man.

I do sumo deadlifts and not squats, they're hell on my knees

I know, should I do them as an accessory maybe? If so, what day?

Remember that losing too much weight in short time is always less healthy than doing it slowly. Also, doing it fast might give you some tiger stripes.

So, it's better to do it slow, but you must know that it will take some time.

Well, if that's the case, then another protip for newbie - bulk slowly. Don't add like 500 kcal in one day. It supposed to be like:
1. Check weight.
2. Add 100 kcal.
3. Wait week.
4. If you get about 0,2 kg of weight, it's ok, don't add more. If it's less, add another 100 kcal.
5. Wait another week, another check, repeat point 4.

In other words, do it slowly.

I would recommend remove that one back squat and add one front. Or simply switch squat every session. Simply adding squat as additional exercise might be to hard for your body and could slow down your progress, because of tiredness. You are not pro, so it's common thing, that your body isn't really used to do shitton of exercises.

That's not true bro. I have adjustable dumbbells with a bench and also a pull up bar :) so now what routines would you recommend?

Thank you, will it make it a lot harder to progress in back squats if i do so?

I might not be right, but I would guess it can make your progress even easier. The thing is it will get slower. Here's why:
- Normally you do like about 12 times back squat progresses per month, so it's about 30 kg per month
- If you alternate front squat and back squat, then you will do each about 6 times and progress in each for about 15 kg per month.

Still, even if each of them works your muscles differently, doing one still helps doing ohter one.

So basically, you get slower more weight to lift, but still work on your legs on each workout, so it's easier to get used to weight.

I got the chocolate peanut butter flavor, and it's surprisingly nice, especially in a shake with milk and peanut butter. Tastes good with water as well.

Not him but you can pick pretty much any routine and do dumbbell versions of the lifts. The biggest challenge is the lower body since the weights are probably a bit light. I recommend front squats and one-legged DLs.

Then...bench, row, ohp, curls...

youtube.com/watch?v=JdULpdIK7Co

Is this guy natty? I really need to know

He's a big guy

For you!

two stupid weight loss nutrition questions

1. is almond milk worth it? cut whole milk for that as most people recommend it for that purpose, but the entire reason i used milk in the first place was for the cheap and easy macros in my shakes

at 60 calories a day, is it worth it instead of just using water

2. downing olive and coconut oil raw isn't an awful idea, right?

Please i really need to know he was the prison guard of the year but i am trying to bust him for using illegal steroids. Also he claims its his genetics

1. It doesn't really have any protein and lots of the vitamins are usually added. Other than that it's pretty healthy I suppose, so if it fits your macros, why not.

2. Why would you do that though? Just use olive oil in a salad where it fits.

how to get wide calves like those on soccer players, not so much getting the 2 ballsacks but just wider.
other than playing soccer though (not good at it/ no friends to play with)
Will sprints help?

You better listen to this guy
I can add to what he wrote, that you can try to find lifting program and simply change most barbell exercises to their dumbbell version.

Did he forgot his calves from that prison?

Also, how dou you plan to accuse him of that? Will you tell police that you found infos on the internet? It's not good idea dude.

Don't know about almond milk, but won't drinking loive oil raw make you throw up? I mean, it's not so tasty. But what fits you dude. As long, as you won't drink too much, it should be ok.

If sprinters calf is what you aim for, then go sprint and check sprinters routines. They lift too.

depends on what you want to do

for fat loss, the best type of cardio is MISS, that's when you keep a steady pace at medium intensity (140-160bpm) for at least 20minutes. at 150bpm (can vary between individuals of course), the body burns the most fat during cardio (50% fat 50% glycogen stored in the muscle)

if you are super fat and can't handle MISS, you can do LISS. that's when you do low-intensity cardio for extended amounts of time (hour+ of fast walking for example). it's the type of cardio doctors recommend to fat people, because normal cardio while extremely obese carries the risk of injury. liss has the same benefit as miss on extremely fat people, since fat mobilization is extremely easy for them

there's also hiit, which is high-intensity interval training. that means alterating medium intensity jogging with high intensity sprints. while it is the best form of cardio to train your endurance, I wouldn't recommend it for people that just want to do cardio to lose fat. HIIT inhibits muscle recovery from weightlifting through some kinda complex mechanisms (google cAMP muscle recovery if you're interesting in the biochemical aspect of this), and doesn't really burn any extra fat or help mobilize fat in lean people like MISS does

as for what type of cardio you should do, i would recommend the elliptical (at a high resistance setting of course), since it's low impact and mobilizes the whole body

you should keep your lateral muscles straight and tensed, since that way you isolate the back more

what i did was lift without cardio at a 1k deficit. i could bench 2plate by the time i was done with ss without ever going on a surplus. i believe fat people can build muscle on a deficit

Thank you sempai

can you go away tripfag? you're the cancer of Veeky Forums and no one wants you here

almond milk is a meme, the macros are shit. if you are cutting drink 1% milk

Thanks guys!

Well that's just not true boyo. Fate is one of our best trips.

tripfags are cancer, anime shitposting tripfags are terminal cancer

You didn't lose muscle on your 1k deficit? What bodyfat were you?

dunno about bf%, but i was very fat. when i started i was 130kg at 6'

No problem guys.

Sorry that it bothers you, but I'm not going anyway.

Thank you, that was really kind.

I would guess that he
counted TDEE for his bodyweight without including bf ratio. By that I mean that calculator might shown him up something like 3-4 k kcal, then he cut it down, but still had big kcal per day.

Lost like 80 lbs now, thinking about jumping on tinder but I'm still pretty fatty around the midsection. Its a work in progress but I'm wondering if I should just word that in the description or avoid it?

Like 'getting fit after a long time, pretty serious into fitness even though I'm not there yet' blah blah blah.

I know this is beta, but thems the brakes, baby.

no i didn't, i cut at 1900kcals

gtfo already tripfag, you have no idea wtf you're talking about

For dumbbells do you do a rep range of 8-12 even for main lifts since you can't go as heavy?

If you're just looking to get laid, don't write anything like that.

Nah, don't really want a booty call. Maybe someone to work out with? An actual relationship or something.

Depends on the exercise. On some exercises it's impractical to go much heavier than an 8RM because the DBs can be cumbersome to get into position. On other exercises it's not as much of an issue and you can go heavier if you wish.

Listen to this guy
If you just want to get laid, then who cares if you will get fit later? If they want to fuck, they will do it now, not in future.

If you are looking for relationship, tinder is bad idea. Most of people there are just to find some good fuck. Go to the gym instead, meet people there, if you want someone to workout with. See what happens next.

It should be ok. Even if you won't gain as much strenght as by doing standard 5 reps barbell training, at least you will get some nice hypertrophy.
Another thing - for some people (e.g. me) doing dumbbell things at some exercises makes them it easier to feel muscles that they work on. When I first tried to do dumbbell bench, I felt pecs better, then when I tried to do barbell bench. Now it feels good for me on both exercises.

Avoid rocky road like the plague

guys i need help. i've been doing shoulders for two months already bu8t they arent coming out and my gains arent exactly improving, so i have a question for you and its a retarded one
at which weight did your shoulders start to come out?, i mean in DB shoulder press assuming you did it

I lifted on friday morning but then got shamefully drunk. Saturday after work i went ahead and lifted again to try and make up for drinking the night before. How badly did i cuck my gains?

What is improving then? I'm asking because we all have muscle groups that are harder or easier to sort of activate. My shoulders reacted instantly to pretty much all pressing movements. Then again I really need to focus on technique to get anything on my pecs. Do lat raises?

how can I deal with puffynipples/gyno ?
I've got a pretty good chest so it's impossible to hide even with larger shirts
I use most of the time tanktops with a pocket to hide it but the side with no pocket shows the fucking nip a bit

Ordered some whey protein from myprotein, with no flavour.
how fucked am I? does it have some weird taste or just blends nicely with milk and other stuff

I tried a lot of flavours when I used to use protein but they all get me sick after awhile, and now I'm also sick of eating chicken almost daily so I just ordered myself 2.5kg of whey

i am doing lat raises but when i do it i feel the weight in my back instead of my shoulders, this is my routine
DB press 4x12 16 kg dumbells until failure, then 12 kg dumbells because the gym doesnt have 14 kg ones
Lat raise 4X12 7kg dumbells
Front raise 4x12 7kg dumbells

or maybe my form is shit, my clavicle is huge so i dont know it thats a factor

>weight in short time is always less healthy than doing it slowly
Can you justify this?

>i feel the weight in my back instead of my shoulders,

Well this is an obvious issue. You could try just flexing your shoulders instead of doing the complete lift and learn how to work with the right muscles that way.

Also that's a lot of reps with small weights. It doesn't work for everybody. I'd go heavier and use a barbell.

you mean the db press?
when i do front raises i feel the weight in my forearm instead of my shoulders.
i think my form is just shit and that is costing me gains

>i feel the weight in my back instead of my shoulders
If by back you mean that your upper traps are taking over, try this next time: focus on not only lifting the weights up but also outwards. That shifts work from the traps to the delts.

Also even just a tiny bit of momentum tend to make lateral raises much, much easier. You may want to try taking a full 2 whole seconds to lift the weight and another 2 whole seconds to lower it.

>you mean the db press?

Raises. Don't bother about reaching 90 degrees or anything, just make sure you start by contracting your delts.

Am I fucked?

6'2" hovering around 140-143 lbs.
I want abs real bad but there is still body fat everywhere.
(A bit of handles, little bit of bellyfat)

I've never been to the gym and when I get paid I'm going to get a subscription.

My question is:
Should I stop cutting and hold onto my fat to get muscle?
Or should I continue til I' truly lean and then slow bulk?

How do I calculate the calories of the spread on my slice of toast?

Does Creatine Mono cause belly bloat?

I've been liftin' for about a year on and off (1/2/3/4pl8 working sets for a rough idea of where I am) but I've never really tried creatine. A buddy convinced me to give it a go, I've noticed I'm definitely a responder, I find I got a lot more oomph in my last few reps, but a strange side effect I've noticed is I've got a really bloated belly. I've had no changed in my lean bulk diet (that i've been on for some months now) but my weight gain has dramatically increased and I notice that I got a big bulge in my abdomen. Googled shows up mixed results with some users reporting that side effects go away using a better standard of creatine (micronized). Any thoughts Veeky Forums?

Anyone ever had blood in your vomit after drinking a quarter liter straight whiskey? Yes I am a lightweight pussy I know but there was legit spots of blood in my vomit.

Question about BMR

How much does fat poundage increase it?

Most calculators BMR goes up as weight goes up, but if I gained 40lbs of straight fat im thinking a BMR would be different then if I gained 40lbs lean body mass.

tl;dr how much would a pound of fat increase a bmr vs a pound of lean body mass

approximately 3 calories per pound of fat you're carrying around, according to Lyle McDonald.

Can a Veeky Forumsizen please advise me.

>Start working out in April, go gym 7 day a week lost 10kg
>Would burn 150 grams of fat on some days, felt good
>Ashamed of my weight
>Too much of a recluse to order at subway, walk to gym only at night
>Live in cold climate, got flu, turned into pneumonia
>Took weeks off uni, gained 4kg
>I have an exercise bike but I don't like to use it when room mate is home

My weight makes me feel depressed, some weeks I've spent about 30 hours at the gym.

It's a 3km walk to the gym and people yell at me when they drive past.
I feel ok now I want to go but it's freezing.

My fucking parents were abusive and I just ate, I've only been out of home since January and I just lost most of my gains.
How can I just be normie?

I got the gyno and developed my chest a little, now my nipples tuck under my pecs. I still look like shit shirtless, but dressed it looks good.

I have not lurked fit for about two years, where do we stand on protein now?

I know 1 gram per lb is now considered to be more than necessary in most cases, whats the goal now?

stop giving a fuck about what other people think, zone them out

what you do is about you, don't give a fuck now and don't give a fuck when they mire later. if you manage to lose the weight and get a good body, it will be a testament to your will and the only proof you need for yourself. if you don't manage it, then you can be ashamed or yourself. either way, other people's judgement shouldn't play a role in this, it's all about you

depends on how lean you are and if you're cutting or not

Fairly lean, I'm training for sport specific gains, I just want to know a decent number to shoot for. Not cutting.

My ribs poke out only on my right side and I hate it. How do I fix it? Should I add some oblique work?

This, it's way too strong and sickly sweet

I haven't bulked before and don't want to end up layering on the fat I just lost. From what I read you aren't suppose to bulk immeadietly and have to ease into it.

Can someone clarify?

Also can I get a bf%?

literally nobody will notice nor care about it you fucking autist
holy shit

That's not what I asked. I don't care if other people notice it, I do.

The theory is that you shouldn't go to bulking from cutting immediately because on a cut your body is desperate for extra energy and tries to store it as fat. A slower increase means your metabolism picks up in conjunction with cals. Might be brosciencey though.

How do I actually get rid of stretch marks? I know surface creams don't do shit because it's the bottom layer of skin that ripped, but is there anything I can do aside from waiting two years? I got them on my biceps and triceps and I can't stand it.

Never tried it but look into derma rolling

>your body is desperate for extra energy
So during a cut does your body eat your muscle too?

if i bulk and maintemance at that weight while going gym and taking enough proteins, after lets say 1 year would i be leaner?
like pseudo cutting?

Thoughts on the muscle up exercise? I don't see it talked about or used a lot

6'2" hovering around 140-143 lbs.
I want abs real bad but there is still body fat everywhere.
(A bit of handles, little bit of bellyfat)

Weak gym-newb with bodyweight training only.

My question is:
Should I stop cutting and hold onto my fat to get muscle?
Or should I continue til I' truly lean and then slow bulk?

i dont see how you dont have skelly abs at that weight.

i also dont understand how you can be cutting. you shouldnt have any base strength at all. are you weightlifting at all?

checked

>5'11 168lbs, about 22% bodyfat
>weight so much that my TDEE is like 2800, makes eating unenjoyable when bulkan
>squat is lmao1pl8

should I cut or bulk? I'm truly fucked

How da fuck could you possibly be fat at that weight and height?

if you're not cutting, 1.5g per kg of LEAN body mass should suffice. if you're 70kg at 10%, 90g of protein is enough

how can you be so weak? i squatted 1plate on my first day wtf

>6'2"
>140lbs
>should i keep cutting

keep cutting until you disappear bro

Absolute best shoulder exercises for shoulder growth?

Atm I just do:
Sitting dumbell shoulder press 3x8
Lat raises 3x8
Front plate raise 3x8

Not exactly into the whole anime thing because I'm not a basement dwelling faggot... But where are his (or her?) nipples? Also, what the fuck is going on with those abs?

And let's see a pic of your purportedly skinny fat body.. You can't possibly have "fat everywhere" at 6'2 and 140lbs.