Study accounting they said

>study accounting they said
>the pay is pretty good they said
>mfw 200 people on average apply for every accounting job opening that pays barely min wage

Accounting is finished. It's mostly sent to third world pajeets and flips now.
Sorry, user.

Its like that no matter what you study now, hell even medicine looks like its getting oversaturated with the amount of pajeets being imported

Assurance accounting is literally your only hope to make it, and the big 4 only take in the cream of the crop for those positions. I'm not an accountant myself but it's an observation based on what I've seen from most of my friends, as I studied econ and finance.

This. Most of my company's tax work gets outsourced to India. I got skilled o a software so I can teach people shit. That's what you want to do, get in a role that helps manage people and technology

Get an over concentrated tan, claim you're black, cut your dick off and join some lgbtqp22+ org. You'll get the top jobs in no time op

So you're saying a pajeet from outside USA can compete against you?

>Have a Master in Superyacht Design
>With special focus on low climate footprint

I'm not even mad...

accounting is being replaced with computer programs.. one accountant can now do the job of 10 cause.

hell you don't even need to be an accountant anymore to use these programsl.

Even accountants need accountants though user

accounting seems quite popular considering how incredibly boring it is. it also draws surprisingly many females into it. finance had like maybe 5% female students, accounting classes maybe 40%

Here it's core for anything remotely business / finance related

>study

when will people stop falling for the higher education meme?

Everyone's dad told them "hey elijah, get into accounting. it'll never go away"

And then,

computers

Not possible, normie jobs require it, normies have to do it, it is high school pt 2

be your own boss faggot, or be a cucked normie and go through HR and cower an quiver and beg for acceptance then if you finally make it you better toe the line and suck that cock.

>t. 13 year old

You're fucking autistic if "study accounting" ever sounded good to you. Neck yourself.

I am my own boss, most normies don't want to, they literally feel titles handed down to them by some other boss is superior

>tfw doing extremely well in med school
>planning to become a surgeon
>mfw my job will never ever be replaced by automation, it'll only make it easier

keep at it user

Yeah you don't do accounting for money. You do it because if you're half decent in any sense, you'll always have a job.

>you'll always have a job.

this is such a pathetic reason to seek a career path. i hate when normies give this advice to younger people

most people are borderline retarded user, always having a job is fine

>practical skills finance teaches you:
- how to invest
- the importance of investing early with time value of money

>practical skills accounting teaches you
- saving $30 a year on turbo tax

Granted finance is a much harder industry to break into, at least the starting compensations are generally higher

I am a CPA and have been without work for a month in the last ten years. OP is only applying to special snowflake big four crap when every company and industry conceivable needs accountants.

Those spouting the automation slippery slope cant even fizzbuzz. Real life accounting is far to messy to program away.

>tfw studying biotechnology

Any ideas how I can integrate blockchain with biotechnology? Because you better believe I'm gonna try and you better believe the first thing I'm doing is coming here to shill

opinions on CFA guys ?

>studying biotechnology
>Any ideas

what is this anyway

Don't aim for the private sector. They fire on a dime.

My partner is a Chinese Accountant. We are both young and currently engaged. She worked 3 SHIT accounting jobs before scoring an amazing 1. She is in now, government funded company. Yes, competition is fierce for jobs so you gotta get your CV/Coverletter /References and interview skills top notch.

She just started the new job and is doing payroll. She is on the lowest pay in the company at just under 50k. 5 years and after becoming charted accountant could easily be anywhere from 80-120k based on the salary of other employees

bigger problem with accounting is when you try to get your designation you're working 3000 hours a year for 30k, and have to do course work for the designation

there's always openings for accounting because so many people burn out

it's considered female friendly because it's more objective

Good if you plan on going into Asset Management, Equity Research, Fixed Income. Waste of time otherwise.

yeah fight club really was such an epic movie

I know... I make 70k a year with a high school diploma (yeah I know I'm not in the 1% but it's a decent living)

My wife has a fucking masters degree and tons of experience and barely pulls in 30k

Only good thing is she got scholarships so she only had a $5k student loan we paid off immediately.

Fuck school. Don't want to be surrounded by a bunch if liberal fucktards anyway.

thanks

>higher education meme
Girl I'm dating is getting her PhD in some slightly-bullshit field (not full meme degree but pretty close). Her Dad constantly makes fun of me saying that she's going to put me to shame with her salary - I looked up starting salaries for her degree and entry level for a new PhD is 40k year and with 10 years of experience you might pull 70k a year. I don't have the heart to tell him that I'm 25 and making more money than his daughter will when she's in her late 30s.

Only upside is that she's basically going to school for free.

Yeah op you nailed it, it's fucked.

I got really lucky and scored a government job or else I would be fucked.

investing is really a smart part of finance. well, the school finance and finance related jobs, it's hedging and planning corporation's finances. maybe less than 5% of finance jobs you get to invest something, that would be the hedgefunds jobs (hedgefunds are in general small and dont employ many) and small part of banking jobs

>what is ISRG
is it true that most surgeons are psychopaths that get into it to legally cut people up?

uwot....? Don't kid yourself boyo within 20 years your ass is replaced by some Da Vinci Medical robot.

They all kid themselves, have watched as they go sour as people 'less important' make more money with less responsibility. I admire the medfags for their great work, but fact is majority of them fell for pretty much the same meme as our accountant OP. Looks like lawyers are first of the pillars in line for the dick though, the greatest meme of all

Yes. Companies will hire pajeets. They don't give a shit. Start a private practice as a white person and you can fill a niche market

I study communications, am I up for the same thing?

that's even worse, companies are more likely to hire women than men because they get gibs for having an 'equal' workforce

No kikdding. I've seen this in my life as well. A typical normie looks down on a self-employed guy that makes double as much as them. Why is that? I never understood the psychology behind working for someone else and feeling "more" secure than working for yourself.

Many accountants are unemployed. WTF is this normie tier 1980s outdated advice?

Accounting loses to computers. Cheaper, faster, more accurate, more efficient, and above all, no benefits.

In 10 years accounting will be dead as a profession. Replaced by computer programs and smart contracts. Learning accounting at this stage is like learning Latin.

It's female friendly menial work like cleaning. But if you become a controller you can grab dumb shit MBAs by the balls. I also live to Lord over Asian women who silently obey

>doing a job a computer can do

never going to end well

CPA here, accounting is not a bad degree if you can pass the CPA exams. Audit, tax and advisory work are all open avenues with great pay and top tier experience which you can apply in a ton of exit jobs.

Just tell them make them feel shitty is a nice feeling making people miserable i know trust me

It depends entirely on the supply and demand of jobs in the area you studied in.

Obviously if you did a meme degree there is no demand for your job, ergo companies can and will pay you pennies.

Accounting is in the middle somewhere, there will always be demand but supply is starting to outpace demand due to:
1)More people studing for these positions
2)More outsourcing of these positions
3)More automation of these positions

This means you need to put in more work to make yourself stand out. Social media is actually not a bad way to do this despite how many people probably hate it here.

As an aside STEM fields don't pay well because they're difficult to finish, but more because the demand for those type of jobs is outpacing their supply rate. I did Comp Sci. and I feel Engineering disciplines are much more difficult, yet I still get paid more than the average engineer because tech companies keep poaching staff due to the outrageous demand and low supply.

>econ and finance
what career path did you start? Consultant? Credit side banking?

Oh, and obviously if you did a trade isntead of going to college the same principle applies.

Skilled tradesmen are probably doing well for themselves as the rate of people taking up these skills hasn't risen as fast as the uptake higher education. They may still bet at risk of automation in the future though. (Though not much isn't at risk in the long term)

CPA here

holy shit, the delusion in this thread is amazing

Accounting isnt going anywhere. CPAs will continue preparing tax returns and performing audits.

There are a lot of women in the profession, and I am responsible for the hiring in our office. Just made an offer for a female applicant who is currently in the masters program.

A lot of the men I interview quite frankly, interview terribly. Have some pride in your appearance for christs sake. Shower, shave, get a haircut, wear a clean, tailored suit and shine your shoes. Its not fucking hard.

The women come in and look professional the men come in looking like they just woke up.

want to know why you cant find a job in the accounting profession? look in the mirror

When I graduated college, the economy was shit and my first job post-college job was working at a pizza place. I didn't have much of a choice, the student loan payments were about to begin. It was pretty discouraging; I'm sure you know the feel sending out hundreds of résumés and the ole` 'must have work experience'. "Well, how the fuck am I supposed to get a job when they all require experience" type deal.

Anyhow, I ended up going to a temp agency and looking for accounting/finance jobs, anything I could get that wasn't delivering pizza. Got a couple month, two week stints, covered a 6 month maternity leave. Got experience. Then I hit the job market again and finally got a job.

I ended up staying there and paying off my student loans, then paying for graduate school and finished my masters full time, then I began studying for the CPA exam whilst working full time (this whole CPA process took 3 years). I'm now making good money and have my own office and lead a company's accounting division. (Thinking about going into public so I can eventually open my own practice, but we'll see).

Don't get discouraged but you're going to have to get experience to get a job (Sucks, I know) but the general view from being on the inside of college graduates is that they're lazy entitled snowflakes, who are going to be using facebook all day. They don't want to risk it. However if you go through the temp` and make yourself marketable you' have a far better shot. Oh any if anyone has any questions about the CPA exam or w.e feel free to ask and I'll try to check in off and on too answer

you have a star wars action figure on your desk?

>Ew men are disgusting
Same as all things in life, don't be ugly

>be accountant
>be only child
>be child of accountants
>stand to inherit family owned firm

it's not "men are disgusting", it's "this dude didnt shower before his interview, its "this dude hasnt shaved in a week, its "this dude bought a shit suit from Jos A Bank and doesnt care it doesnt fit right" its "is this dude wearing fucking loafers to an interview?"

I am a dude so I know each and every one of those things are a no go.

I'd rather make triple at home investing in crypto in my underwear. Never been the pencil pusher cut-collar type honestly. Seems like a shitty job.

I always got the impression that in accounting you basically have to go through 2-5years of hell before and then you'll always have a job making at least 80k.
It also depends on how well you did in school and what internships you did; thats a huge part of it.

Private practice is probably the best. My dad started his own tax business and ended up making more than his CPA friend.

>most people are borderline retarded user, always having a job is fine
This is so true. My brother did a double major, accounting and finance and works 9-5 at some 401k type place making like 20/hr and hes really happy there. Its chill and like 2 blocks from home.

I dont really think thats the case. No normie would look down on a self employed guy making twice as much as him, if anything they'd be jelly as fuck.

Please. Women get the jobs because:
>Oh look I'm so progressive hiring a woman
>Oh look another set of tits around the office to stare at
And for the all-female HR
>We're sure showing those men it's a woman's world now!

You're biased and making up excuses. A woman looks sexy to you with minimal effort, but a man has to look like something out of a Calvin Klein ad to impress you. Sad that you're bothered by your own biased perceptions and not actual work performance
>The world we live i-
fuck off

>I am a dude
Right, so you have no understanding of what the females "ought to be doing" to present themselves. You don't know anything about the makeup they ought to be wearing, or the perfume, or the outfit, you just see a nice bust and think "Daammmmn, I want that in my office."

Fuck off.

>getting outcompeted by pajeet

Maybe for some bookkeeping or data entry job. This is almost as retarded as when people say "da Mexicans are taking our jerbs". What jobs faggot? Building sheds in the blistering heat for below minimum wage?

If you're getting outcompeted by POOjeet for literally any job maybe you need to build a valuable skillset and brush up on your English.

Alright r9k settle down

in the accounting world, pajeets are being used to perform data entry functions
many firms are using a "sweat shop" to have their tax returns entered
then, a manager goes over the returns to ensure they are correct
this works for a little bit, but eventually the partner retires, the manager wants to get promoted, but there is no qualified CPA to take the manager's job from within, because they hired out their staff positions

that why our firm does not use pajeets or sweat shops

>CPA here
>holy shit, the delusion in this thread is amazing
>Accounting isnt going anywhere. CPAs will continue preparing tax returns and performing audits.
>There are a lot of women in the profession, and I am responsible for the hiring in our office. Just made an offer for a female applicant who is currently in the masters program.
>A lot of the men I interview quite frankly, interview terribly. Have some pride in your appearance for christs sake. Shower, shave, get a haircut, wear a clean, tailored suit and shine your shoes. Its not fucking hard.
>The women come in and look professional the men come in looking like they just woke up.
>want to know why you cant find a job in the accounting profession? look in the mirror

You can't separate your own personal opinion about people's appearance from their objective ability to perform.

People like you are the worst people to be in supervisory positions, because everything is about how you personality feel versus what is best for the company (including stepping down from a supervisory position if someone else is a better fit for it than you).

You have the "me first" mentality.

>including stepping down from a supervisory position if someone else is a better fit for it than you
yeah, this would never happen
they can be a better fit somewhere else
you are fucking delusional if you think anyone would

>including stepping down for someone better qualified

what the shitfuck? LOL. If the wind is blowing that way you sell your skillset for a relevant position or new department creation. No one respects a doormat. I'd rather get in an argument with some dumbass magic mike guy who thinks his strategic vision is orgasm inducing than someone who lays on their back as soon as a challenge appears

I've seen multiple people do this over the years. It's not a big deal (it's only a big deal if you think you're a special snowflake). You're not entitled to your job position. It sounds like you guys operate from a scarcity mentality.

You're either putting yourself first, or you're putting what's best for the entity you're serving. I know you're whole career you've been taught to take and take, and get as much as you can, but where has that gotten you, except still having to do keep doing that every day?

dude,

if you tell your employer that you are not fit for supervising and they should promote someone else, they will let you go.

a professional work environment, you are continually progressing. A senior partner retires, a junior partner takes his place, a senior manager takes the place of the junior partner, a manager takes the place of the senior manager, a senior staff takes the place of the manager, and a junior staff takes the place of the senior staff. Fresh new hires are always walking in the door to take the junior staff jobs.

if you tell the employer that someone else is more fit for a supervisor job than you, you get replaced in the rotation.

no one does this. no one.

plenty of people get burned out and leave the cycle, but no one tells their employer to promote the guy under them to over them.

I can tell you are a student and not yet in the working world, because you more than naive.

>Worked in a customer helpdesk for insurance
>Get yelled at by customers regularly
>Talk to the underwriters casually
>Holy shit they get paid even less than me
>Get yelled at by underwriters regularly

I GUESS I'M BACK IN HIGH SCHOOL AGAIN !

>be accountant at mortgage broker office
>get paid $14/hr to shitpost on Veeky Forums and trade cryptos all day

ayy lmao

All the people I knew that made good money after college from business majors did so because they were a part of student organizations specialized in it.

>mfw ignored the shills and did not fall for the accounting career meme