FUCKUPS AND FIXES

Fucked up? Feeling remorse? Don't know how to fix your shit? Welcome to the right thread.

Post stories about having fucked up and what you learned from it and/or how you fixed it. It doesn't have to be Veeky Forums-related.

Let's share some advice with fellow anons. I'll start in the first replies.

Source manga?

>Curbing food cravings and avoiding binges

THE FUCKUP:
>be fatass all my life
>cut to Auschwitz-mode
>constant cravings for shit
>have the occasional gargantuan binge
>Like 10k+ calories in a day worth of repressed cravings surfacing their way through a will that slipped up.
>The binge day was always followed by a self-loathing day of hardcore cardio and some days of calorie-restricted days.
>Less calories available to eat, more cravings building up
>By the time I "fixed" my binge, another would occur.
>The cycle went on and on.

THE FIX:
Craving an oreo / a slice of pizza / girlscout cookies? Have one today. Read: ONE.
Portion control and moderation is the only long-term way to go for any rational human being not in possession of trans-dimensional Buddhist-monk willpower.

THANKS BRO

>Getting your life balance in check

THE FUCKUP:
>I'm an autist that can't excel at multiple things at a time
>If I'm lifting, that's my life focus right there, and everything changes to accomodate that
>If I'm studying, that's my life focus right there, and everything changes to accomodate that
>If I'm out partying, that's my life focus right there, and everything changes to accomodate that
See where I'm going, right?

THE FIX:
Make a ckecklist of shit you want to do during the following week so you don't end up being a one-trick pony. Something like
[ ] Gym x times/week
[ ] Read x pages
[ ] Clean around house
[ ] Learn about x
[ ] Go out
[ ] Cook

Make the checklist as long as possible and develop a scoring system to track progress. Aim to check as many items as possible and beat your previous week's best. Variable-difficulty items such as "read x pages" can have a multiplier based on the number.
If you're autistic enough to need something like this in your life, chances are you'll figure out how to optimise it to suit you.

No clue on the manga source

Vagabond

Amazing read, it's a work of art

THE FUCK UP:

Binge ate 3 days in a row. Easily took in 1000+ calories excess.
Looking at the scale made me depressed as fuck.

THE FIX:

Before indulging, remind yourself why you're doing any of this. Remind yourself of your goals.
Without goals that we truly desire, we'll never make it.

>How to get good at something new

Us humans are creatures of habit. If you do something consistently enough, two things will happen:
-you improve at it
-you develop a habit of doing it

Once you've formed that habit, it becomes part of your routine. No matter how much we hate the word "routine", it's one of the sad truths about human nature: routine gives us mental comfort, through the sheer predictability it implies.

Remember when you started going to the gym? Either if it was awesome or cumbersome at first, the one thing that keeps you going there is the routine you've set up for yourself to follow. "You go x times a week because that's what you do. Period." is the thing you found yourself saying after that routine wired itself in you. So apply this routine-building habit to everything you want to excels at.

>FUCKUP
BE OBSESSED WITH GIRL
>HOW TO FIX
MAYBE IF I IGNORE IT IT WILL GO AWAY
>IT DIDN'T
HELP

Kek I've stuck this up on the fridge in order to remind my father he'll die of a heart attack if he doesn't stop eating his way into the grave.

>B-but user you're just cruel
Believe me, of all the other methods I've tried over the years (yes, YEARS, plural. Years in which he gained an additional 20lbs), that mere poster is the only thing which worked.

>Struggling with studying in Uni (still am desu)

Fuck up
>Failed 2/4 subjects in first semester last year cause of DotA addiction mainly, also parties
>Quit dota and actually start going to uni in second semester, barely pass my subjects
>This year I started off well, got 90% in my mid semester exams
>Bought a new MMO and stopped going for a few weeks and the damage is done, Ill barely scrape through again

Fixing
I think I'll try to limit the amount of time I can waste in a day (games/Veeky Forums) maybe 2hrs a day on week days and 3.5 or something on weekends and actively time it.
Will help with making me exercise outside of gym, as ill get bored and want to run or swim.

Any other ideas for people struggling to be motivated and not waste time doing useless shit?

She doesn't give a fuck about you, you don't give a fuck about her. It's that simple.

Read up on power relations so you know how to never give/expect more than necessary. The world's a selfish place, bud. The sooner you learn it, the better off you'll be. Git gud at becoming a sociopath.

Go to the uni's library without any phone, laptop, etc and make yourself study. If you need any courses that were online, guess what, you're in the fucking library, you'll find something.
Start with going for 1 hour and up the time. But make sure that 1 hour is 1 hour of studying and nothing else. I've found out I can do triple the volume of work when free of absolutely any distraction, and the uni's library worked wonders in helping with this aspect.

I'm fine with doing this with other girls, this one I just want to kiss and tell her I love her and beg her to take me back.

At the same time I also really want to beat her 2bh

I appreciate the advice, but I'm doing Software Engineering senpai, so computers are quite necessary.

But I could still use a laptop in a public place to study, cause Im sure as hell not going to play games or use Veeky Forums in public
Thanks

fuck up:
I waited to die between the ages of 16 and 24 (used vidyo and masturbation to anesthetize) and now i just gotta fucking work because waiting to die is terrible boring and vidya is a dead hobby (thanks normies).

the fix:
Working two jobs (checking/serving tables) to overcome my social anxiety, meditating twice daily to keep my shit together. Working out, doing BJJ and planning to see the fuck out of my state this coming beautiful summer.
>hiking groups
>comedy improv classes
>learning guitar at the same time
>paying off debt to go to college

Hopefully I'll be swole, confident and interesting by the time I go to college!

You have all the ingredients for happiness inside you!
[spoiler]Good luck in the Kitchen![/spoiler]

THE FUCKUP:
>Omellete gets burnt and sticks to pan

THE FIX:
>Scrambled eggs it is then.

Fuck I suck at flipping omelettes without covering my kitchen in eggs.

THE FUCKUP:
>Girls show interest in me
>don't know how to react

THE FIX:
Can't cure autism. Sorry.

THE FUCKUP:
>drop out of school on my last semester because of work and shitty situation with an ex
>lose motivation
>start working freelance
>drop the ex
>quit job
>only make enough to feed myself and satisfy my basic needs
>can't afford rent so live at my mother's house
>complacency
>time passes
>things get worse
>it's far everywhere (live in shitty suburbs)
>practically no good people around
>all friends live far away
>can't even bring girls home
>toxic relationship with mother and sister
>no goal or direction
>slowly going crazy
>getting some shit tier job is pointless, because I still won't be able to afford rent (the average rent to pay ration is pretty fucked up in here)
>spend days shitposting
THE FIX:
I have no idea. Should probably start from looking for a more serious job, that would pay enough for me to fuck off, but I can't stand the idea of working more than 8h a day and doing work related shit when I get home.

Been doing a cut for 12 weeks without any cheat meals. I think u just have shiet discipline.

Also former fatty, no excuses.

You dont flip omlettes. You heat them from one side until. they are done.

>The Fuckup
I was a lazy, low energy pussy who dragged himself through school every day just to get home to play video games and watch cancer (anime). I had shit grades and only by the grace of god (my bullshitting skills) was I able to get into a really good college. I was obsessed with one girl in my class who I didn't speak to for four years of high school, and I am objectively a handsome guy.

>The Fix
The summer before college I 100% stopped playing video games and watching anime. I stopped talking with my fat, loser gaming friends. I sold every single one of my dvds and figures and only kept some of my favorite games (like my gamecube) for when I would play social games with some real friends that I made. I replaced all of my free time with only studying and playing piano and spent at least 5 days a week at the beach. I constantly was looking at and printing motivational pictures, and almost only listened to the most hardcore workout rap I could find. I lifted before during senior year but that summer I was in the gym practically every day and put in a ton of effort. I went from being a boring lazy motherfucker to not being able to not get a girl's number at least a couple times a week. And my first year of college I literally got a perfect 4.0 and had two gfs. If something is holding you back, then just completely cut it out of your life. Do what makes you happy, not "happy." You're only going to make it if you make the changes you need to and put in the work.

I also forgot to mention that I got a minimum wage job at a nice restaurant to save money

not with that attitude, pal

Making it.

See:

You are literally me sans rent issues and ex. I know every bit of those settings.

So now instead of boring and lazy you are boring and obsessed with self-help.
Well, at least you learned to play piano and stopped being afraid to to talk to grills.

>12 weeks
keep it up for 12 months then talk shit. you're still in the phase where your number on the scale is still going down and it's keeping you motivated. wait till you level out.

Idk how is that supposed to help me. I barely play vidya, already can play piano, have loved lifting for a while now and have zero issue with girls. Listening to hardcore rap and printing motivational pics (cringe desu) won't give me purpose.

Yeah well, you just wanna go and explore the world in your own way, meet people, go places, do stuff, do people. Instead you're just offered some boring chore. I'm probably childish as hell, but I find it really hard to swallow.
That ex was really draining, I should've broken up with her 6 months earlier than I did.

The FUCKUP
>be a teenager
>be 23
>no difference
>no direction, no job yadda yadda

THE SOLUTION
exercise religiously. talk to anyone. learn, find your weak spots and openly find ways embarrass yourself. listen to the advice of others, and openly dispense your own personal knowledge; when there is conflict in ideas and knowledge, find compromise, not settlement. find your own personal way. risk is a great teacher, and when you strip away your ego, you realize there's a shitload of things that really are non-obstacles, and the only embarrassment is not living your life actively. the risk was never there.

find work as personal trainer, work on personal garden, live in waking daydream

"find compromise, not settlement" - user

more like

THE FIX:
Go to the FPH thread before binging and you'll think twice about it.

HOW IS THIS FIT RELATED YOU FUCKS

This gave me a boner. What the fuck is wrong with me

Wasted 7 years on depression. I want to get into university now, but sadly my knowledge is from someone that never went to high school, so I have to study enough to pass an national exam that takes place on november. Sadly, I don't feel like I can learn 3 years of high school in a few months to get into EE. To make things worse, I work as a baker from 4 a.m to 3 p.m every fucking day, then go to the gym. The free time I got after this is not enough, or so I feel it. Still, I got no choice, it's my family bakery so I do work or they kick me out the house and since I spent the last years on depression, I don't want to live on the streets.