Barbell vs Dumbbell Bench Press

I can rep 145lbs barbell fine but 70lbs dumbbells in each hand is way too much for me. So I usually bench press with 40 or 45# dumbbells instead. Is this normal?

Also, is the barbell all around better? I almost never see anyone use dumbbells, just the barbell bench press.

yes DB is harder than BB, and DB is better for hypertrophy, BB for strength iirc. you should do both.

If you like the barbell more use that, if you like the dumbles more use them. You will lift more with a barbell but that doesn't indicate more strength/mass as such. They'll be some physics exhaling the reason for the side tense in weight you can lift somewhere.

dumbbells for bigger peks, barbell for overall strength

Ok good, I do do both, but I don't push myself too hard underneath a barbell >cause no spotter

one day you will understand that good training doesn't require 10RPM sets and failed reps

Whereas with dumbbells I go HEAVY (even though 45# probably isn't heavy at all to you guys) The biggest pain can be getting those bells safety to my sides and on the ground. And reracking them can be a bitch, my gym's rack basically makes you pinch yourself, or hit your wrist setting them down. SO stupid.

>biggest pain can be getting those bells safety to my sides and on the ground
Drop the fuckers. Might look silly with 45lbs dumbles but you'll get stronger and when you do you won't really have a choice other than to drop them at the end of your set, so get into the habit.

Thanks. I'll do that and not feel like a douche. I work out at a super liberal gym/cross train place that has a bunch of faggot rules. I think one of the rules is "no excessive sweating"

what's 10RPM? I don't ever do reps until failure. I've learned a lot from Veeky Forums Veeky Forums, but don't know what 10RPM is.At least, the RPM part reps per minute? One rep every 6 seconds for a full minute lol?

No, don't drop them, idiot. That fucks up equipment. Bring them down like the bottom of a press, and bring your legs up to catch them. Then just sit up with them. Look up Rip's tutorial on DB benching.

Dumbbell pressing is usually weaker because you are engaging more stabilizers (tiny weak girl muscles)

For this reason, novice lifters are best sticking to barbell pressing until they can no longer progress linearly.

Then you can add in dumbbell work as an accessory to target the chest fibers more (db press is better for pectoral recruitment, as it allows chest adduction)

wew
summer is here

I only do dumbell bench
Typically you can lift around 30% more weight on barbell because you dont use all the stabilizers like with dumbells

>10RPM
>10 Repetitions per minute

>not 10RM

found the closet summerfag

supposed to be RPE. I was half asleep writing that.

Db bench is roughly 80% of bb bench
I know this on myself
Db bench 90s for 8
Bb bench 225 for 8

i do both

Dumbbells are better but I don't do them because it's scary getting into the position once you're pushing like 75 and above.

hahaha

that being said, cut the "liberal", "faggot" shit. we all know it's true, don't show yourself to be a highschooler-tier sperg.

stay strong, do your thing

>not doing 10 RPM at 10 RPE
this fucking guy

Dumbbell are better, people are using barbells because dumbbells rarely go over 35kg

>that being said, cut the "liberal", "faggot" shit. we all know it's true, don't show yourself to be a highschooler-tier sperg

Where the fuck do you think we are?

>hahaha

I do a PPLPPLX routine where on the first push day I do BB bench press and DB >The Press then on the second I do DB bench and BB >The Press

aren't you the crafty one

>cut the "liberal", "faggot" shit
MOM GET THE CAMERA

>dumbbells rarely go over 35kg

Stop going to 3rd world gyms.

I am giving some solid advice to someone who is almost 100% underage. Last thing the world needs is another white guy who thinks being a meme edgelord is the right way to go.

>inb4 a million /pol/ posts

I am not even white and I agree with the 14 words. fuck you morons

Anyone else here addicted to decline db bench?
Best feeling in the world desu.

This is why you never count the bar.

I strictly do dumb bells cause theres no bench racks at my local gym just 1 smith machine where people load 3 plates and feel good. I might do the same though cause my shit is not going up to be honest.