Hey, Veeky Forums. What's the best way to build abs and keep a flat stomach?

Hey, Veeky Forums. What's the best way to build abs and keep a flat stomach?

On top of my martial arts training which is mostly about core muscles
I just do normal sit ups and crushes. But I've read that they can damage your back. So what should I be doing instead?

I was thinking about picking up one these sit up benches.

Inject creatine

SS + GOMAD

Do a hundred of these a day.

Sit ups really aren't great for your abs. Try doing some hanging leg raises and planks. But remember it's not all just about the abs with a sixpack, the obliques play a big part in having abs.

Really? Those things look so awkward and dumb, though.

Should I be doing leg lifts over an edge of some sort so I work out my lower abs as well? Or just lay flat.

And it don't so much care about a six pack. My abs are more than strong. I just want to have a nice looking flat stomach.

vroom vroom

Not one hundred, but yes, those are killer for your abs.

I honestly think I'd rather just do less effective sit ups than look dumb using one of those things.

Made I should get a hanging bar and do inverted sit ups. Those look bad ass.

>I honestly think I'd rather just do less effective sit ups than look dumb using one of those things.
Never gonna make it.

>I'd rather look good while working out than look good as a result of it
How retarded can one person get?

Gonna build this irl tomorrow.

I don't care if I have to put in more work to achieve the same result if it means I can good in the process.

But at least you admit it looks dumb.

Crunches have a very restricted range of motion which only trains the upper most abs really while the mid and lower abs are pretty much ignored and as you've already heard it's bad for your back. Try doing a planks if it's not too abstract for you to go by time and not sets and reps. In any case, you will NEVER have visible abs until you diet down to

If you can do them properly it only looks impressive. Start on knees and work your way up.

Ab wheel and planks are my favorite ab workouts. Especially when you go side to side and burn your obliques.

Normal crunches maybe. But you can do things like hang over a ledge and do sit ups where you extend all your abs.
Like pic related. Don't think I can explain it with words too clearly.

I don't think looking like a Caterpillar can ever be impressive.

That might work. Still not good for your back. But hey, knock yourself out.
>get advice
>"nah it's shit I'll give me my own advice"
Why did you make a thread in the first place?

Nah, planks are still a good idea that I hadn't thought of. They just don't seem to be anything that you can make harder after just supporting your own body weight is easy. Maybe stack plates on your back or something.

You know that core exercises won't give you a flat stomach right?

Obviously if you are fat you can't have a flat stomach. But with the way I work out with marital arts I always burn of everything I eat. But it just seems that no matter how much I work, I can never get a flat stomach.

>What's the best way to build abs
Leg raises, twists and vacuums
> and keep a flat stomach?
Make your mind up. Lack of exercise for this, and fork putdowns.

I assume they are one and the same. You need abs of some sort in order to have a flat stomach.

It doesn't look dumb. Anyone who has tried doing ab rollouts and found how hard they are thinks it's impressive if you can do them for like 20 reps.

How hard they are and how dumb they look are two totally different things.

Flat stomach literally means undefined abdominal muscles. You need a lack of abs to have a flat stomach.

Both of these scenarios assume low bodyfat

>You need a lack of abs to have a flat stomach
Oh, well that's never going to happen.
Martial arts, especially one with lots of kicking strikes, is almost a pure core work out. And I do it for hours every day. So I guess I'll just have to be content with a slight bulge/bump in my core, or whatever you want to call the ab muscles. Because it's not like I can make them go away, right?

Planks

Do 30 second plank holds every commercial break

While watching a movie, longer workout. Could be fun at the theater.

Become lightcycle