Planet Fitness Hate

Why is Planet Fitness the worst gym to go to?

Planet Fitness Hate Thread

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=8eAj08nAFP4
youtube.com/watch?v=SbK3wWpWNto
youtu.be/qsss006KJjw
youtube.com/watch?v=KC-CXz2vr6I
vocativ.com/culture/health-culture/woman-ejected-planet-fitness-gym-toned/
anyforums.com/
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

I don't think the biggest problem with PF is the lack of equipment, it's the people that go to PF. The blind leading the blind, really. When you go to a real gym, you can learn from eachother. But it's like going to school with a bunch of morons, you can't succeed in that environment.

Planet Fitness is bad if you want to bulk and lift heavy, but it's pretty good for people who are just doing cardio or light lifting.

I do think it's pretty stupid that they have heavy weights available but scrutinize you for using them, but it's not really a gym for people who are serious about getting big, just for cardio bunnies and faggots.

>not going to PF while dirty bulking

Maneeeeeeeeeeee

If i was an oly lifter id go in there, clean 220kg and front squat it for sets of 10 grunting and shit just to intimidate people

Image didn't post

>No squat racks
>Dumbbells never go up past 80 lbs
>Smith machines and cardio equipment galore
Yeah planet fitness is a great gym, just the people there suck :^)

You can just admit you forgot to attach. We all do it, user.

youtube.com/watch?v=8eAj08nAFP4

they literally punish you for working out

Lmao

youtube.com/watch?v=SbK3wWpWNto

LUNK ALARM

>no squat rack, just an ancient smith machine
>only one bench
>only 10kg plates
>tfw I have a one year sub

>a planet fitness having a barbell and 220kg of free weights

where the fuck do you think you are

>2016
>not bringing your own weight and barbells

Sometimes I see people with planet fitness shirts or bumper stickers. What is with that? It's one thing to go there in shame because you're just starting out and don't want to spend a ton, or if you're a poorfag and can't do any better.

But to be proud of it? To display it willingly to the public?

Total insanity.

It's a free t-shirt, I'm poor and don't have many workout shirts so I'll take the free shit, and the bumper stickers are for their parking lot so you don't get towed apparently

The stickers are also for free. They keep them on the counter at the check in

It's literally a perfect business strategy. They're geniuses.
>lure fatties and DYELS in with promise of a judgement-free zone
>provide candy, pizza, and bagels to keep them hanging around and staying out of shape

it's an endless cycle and they're going to keep profiting. good for them.

I work and work out at a pretty big commercial gym with nice equipment and a lot of serious lifters. One of the trainers brought in a bunch of Planet Fitness pens. Everybody there uses them. For some reason I find it very funny.

that's gotta be satire

I workout in planet fitness. It is very good. Highly recommended. For $10 a month you get all you need
youtu.be/qsss006KJjw

>READY BRO?
>GUAAAAAAAAAH
>REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
Fucking hell I'm dying
This is perfect

Went once, got bitched out by some teenaged girl trying to impress her black boss because I got annoyed by her saying I was breathing too hard. Never went back.

If you set off the lunk alarm do you still have to pay the membership cancellation fee? Seems like a fun way to leave a gym for free

>membership cancellation fee
How can that even be a thing?

I can't breathe, I'd never seen the lunk alarm in action

The Planet Fitness where I live is very relaxed. People bang weights on the machines and the floor all the time and no one says or does anything.

>autistic DYELs everywhere
>"You belong!" encouraging faggotry written on machines
>no free weights
>no bench, only smith
>barbells only go to 60 lb
>le "lunk alarm"

I hate this fucking gym, it's the shittiest most retarded gym to ever exist. On a normal bench you just lift the bar and bring it to your chest but at planet fitness? Noooooooooo they have those gay fucking smith machines where you have to make sure the bar and bench are perfectly aligned and that your nips are right under the bar. I spend 20 minutes adjusting this shit and I STILL can never get it perfectly aligned, resulting in one chest being worked more than the other. Tomorrow I'm
going to sign up to powerhouse adios planet shitness

I go to PF but I've never gone in a pizza night. I asked about it once, they said they just get some thin crust veggie pizzas.

>Planet Weakness

No fucking way.

No way that's a real thing.

Please tell me that's not a real thing.

>go to planet fitness
>have never seen pizza there
>no employees force feeding me tootsie rolls and pizza
>only $10/mo
>facility is super huge with tons of machines, have never had to wait for the machine I want
>other gyms I've been a member to have been overpriced, super packed, not as clean, and not as climate controlled

I'm not even mad

Confirmed fatty

Most gyms just passively hope that you fail (but keep paying your dues, of course, just so that you can honestly say you "belong to a gym".)

Planet Fitness actively tries to get you to fail by feeding you junk as a "reward" and banning certain exercises/levels of intensity that would actually be effective.

I'm actually jealous you guys have this, are you allowed as much as you want? The $10 a month would be worth it just to get some pizza a couple of times a month

The PF near me has free weights.

>In denial

If you cancel before the contract has ended obviously

I don't know if the pf near me was strange but it was full of these roided out, tapout shirt wearing kinds of dudes doing bizarre routines. None of them yelled or anything but they did carry around invisible watermelons a lot...

Why do we keep having this thread

PF keeps the scum from invading quality gyms. It does us all a service. Imagine if the shitfest that would occur if PF went bankrupt.

I thought we'd moved past this.

It's The Daily Show, so yeah...

>You know who else said that?
>Hitler?
>What..?? No..

Holy shit that's funny.

I work at PF AMA

have you been able to actually provide real help to anyone there?
what's PF company policy like?

Just to get things out of the way, I work out at a local, power-lifting friendly gym. I only use PF, apart from money, for the massage chairs.

I give advise for certain lifts depending on what the people want to build. Like a showed a lady the other day how to do a proper squat with the smith machine(kek). And what do you mean by the company policy?

fuuuuck, meant for you

They need to rebrand themselves, their name is misleading, but trust American to make a gym where people aren't allowed to gym...

Can call it Planet Pseudo - Wellness, this way nobody presumes that it's a gym meant for making oneself as big as genetically possible.

Also, why do so many American suffer from bowel problem? See many pictures of them with shitted pants. What is happening over there?

Why did you even...

>And what do you mean by the company policy
like, what do they oblige from you in general? do they allow you a high degree of individual agency in how you work with customers, or are you stuck with a script?
and are there sort of like obscure, dumb rules in regards to how you work?
I'm mostly curious because I've never been to a PF before, so I have no idea what it's like beyond a mediocre mass membership subsidized gym.

So the company is really big on "info calls;" so if you ever call a PF, and you're not a member, that's why they give you a fuck long script about the gym. The main directive of working here really is to clean the equipment and check people in. You are able to "easily" move up to higher positions (ie. corporate, maintenance, etc.). The only script, apart from the phone, is when I give people tours of the facility. We have to hit certain point based on the company's scale, but I don't have to act like a robot. There aren't really any dumb rules except for when we have to enforce policies, like someone has a gallon jug or a guy is on his phone on the gym floor. And my only complaint really about working is the radio, it's so fucking terrible.

Planet Ham Planet

Home gym master race?

The vast majorty of the people that go to the gym don't squat let alone train legs.

WTF? It's like they're completely oblivious.

Anyone still lurking?

its American logic

youtube.com/watch?v=KC-CXz2vr6I

Yes keep posting. This reminds me of the year I wasted going to this gym

mlady

i think i posted everything i have already

How the hell do you even "Judge" someone in the gym so hard that the alarm rings?

that hurts my vessel

By actually exercising I guess

you literally get kicked out if you are not ugly or something

Does planet fatness have free trials?

If I'm ever in the state I want to trigger some safe space retards

Correcting their form

so if someone is on the edge of harming themselves you cant say anything?

like most of Veeky Forumss bodies, they dont grow.

You'd have to disguise yourself pretty hard just to get past the front desk.

vocativ.com/culture/health-culture/woman-ejected-planet-fitness-gym-toned/

There is literally nothing wrong with Planet Fitness.

Honestly the lunk alarm is just a meme, you have to be a maximum douchebag for it to sound because of you. Ok sure they dont have 5000pound plates but who even uses them?

Finally a gym without loud mouth niggers and other scum. I dont get the hate for it.

Sure you can say free pizza that means everybody is fat XD but honestly if you can have it you can have it. I get why it maybe gives a weird idea because lots of fatties eat it. But it's unfair to judge the entire gym for it

>PF keeps the scum from invading quality gyms.

They wouldn't even go to the gym.

Idk when i went there i stopped caring. It's like the sjw safe space for gyms

The video in the article is hilarious

Guess I'll wear a hoodie and pants that are too big for me

>having multiple chests

Dont know about your gym but in mine if we see people abuse our equipment or use a machine improperly we tell them.

Never had anyone eat on the floor but im sure if we did we'd tell them to take that to the little smoothie stand.

That's the same logic as having trappys threads. Because the idiots go there. Well newsflash. The idiots still go to other threads now they are just armed with "experience" about what a brazilian dyel fag told them.

>implying making gains on a smith is impossible
>Can squat, bench, and ohp all in one
>Free food to get those extra cals
>Literally no one to hog the equipment
>No one to judge yer lifts

>finally a gym without loud mouth niggers

Who you lying to PF shill? Niggers are the largest percentage in my area PFs. So many ashy Haitians in cut off jean shorts and sandals.

>Being such a fucktard
>Cant balance bar on a perfectly balanced machine

How the fuck are you targeting one pec over the other on a Smith?

Check your form normie

Nice try but Planet Fitness kicks out loudmouths

Maybe tell us what a Smith is first before you try to be a smartass

Meant for

No planet fitness kicks out "lunkheads" conversing loud niggers are ok.

its the same

>tfw going to a non-chain gym
>coaches help with making new exercise programs
>help with diets
>show you the correct form to every single exercise
>great people that know each other and constantly help out and are friendly to chat with
>lots of different weights and machines to use, more than I will ever need
>you can literally leave your wallet in a wide open locker and nobody grabs it
>random discounts and people don't mind if you forget to pay
>great sauna, clean equipment, toilet and showers
Feels good, man.

No it isnt

>implying making gains on a smith is impossible
here's your one way ticket to snap city