Supernova Glide Boost 8 I think
Not much, 21 these weeks, 26 next 3 and then 32 next 3
Around 21 min
Since january

brooks ghost/nike spikes

36 mi

18:55 min

off and on for 3 years, got more serious in last 6 months

anyone else getting huge calves? mine look retarded because they are giant and I am pretty skinny everywhere else

>Adidas lite runner
>Currently ~7.5 miles
>28 minutes ;_;
>Before Christmas it was for 2 months, then I stopped until May, so altogether it's been three months so far

I'm doing C25K, once I'm up to running 5K again I'm going to try to improve my time

i just do 25 user, too much is not good for Test

NB minimus
I don't know. I go for around an hour or hour and a half every other day until I feel done.
Dunno
6-7 years. Haven't run in a month due to stupid reasons.

>Shitty UA trainers because I have US size 14 feet and very few options
>About 7 miles
>Not timing yet, just focusing on getting gud
>2 months

I'm recovering obese finally down to a normal weight range and running is fuckin great m8s.

A mix between Acsis or trail boots
Anywhere from 10-30 depending on season.
Haven't done a marathon in years, around 19:30.
Been running my entire life.

Yes, I have huge calfs.
Running hills gets you larger calfs than weight lifting. When I first started lifting a couple years back I could easily do 3pl8 raises day 1, just couldn't put a lot of reps in yet.

Some from asics i dunno
around 15
19:40
started on a tread mill a year ago, running outside since early january

>tfw walked a lot this week (traveling and took public transit/walked every where)
>tfw achilles tendon hurts and makes a squish noise when going down steps
what do i do to heal? other than rest

How do I learn what shoes to buy for my stride?

Saucony Stratus TR2
30 miles
19:30 (on a treadmill)
4 years with specific focus on trail running for about a year

speedo surfwalkers (pro 2.0, but who cares. they last forever and cost $25)
10k/wk sprints and fun runs, you
14:26.22 5k PR this year so far. gonna break the women's world record again this year
22 years

neutral with no drop and a wide toe box unless you like ankle, knee, hip, and back injuries.

>Use many different shoes - pretty much whatever fits my specs and is on sale on any number of whole-sale shoe sites.
>Depends on the week. Anywhere between 40 and 60. Up to 90-100 at peak.
>15:15
>About 10 yrs

>Makes squish noise
This is very unusual and you should probably see a trainer or physician about it. My best suggestion would be to give it a good massage every day 2 to 3 times per day, to increase bloodflow and speed recovery. If you want to continue cardio, just do cardio with minimal impact, like biking, swimming, or elliptical.

Unless you're highest performance runner, or have very odd peculiarities, standard trainers should be fine. If you're going for speed training buy something with a heel-to-toe drop.

>anyone else getting huge calves?

nope. sprinter's calves. I mean they're 16", but they're not getting bigger from running

>14:26
Damn girl, I thought I was fast with my 15:15. 11/10, would be stretch partners with.

old farts

>tfw trend hopper
>tfw bought my LUNAREPIC FLYKNITS last week
Feels good

I'm only 25... not even peak running years yet.

Are they any good?
nike actually made some pretty good mid-range stuff for a while. the Free 4.0s were my favorite shoes to run trail with ever.

I'm a dude. Being faster than any woman who ever lived is nice, though, since I can't even come close to 12:11 or whatever the men's world record is these days.

>Nike cleats
>36
>28:00(pls no hate, just starting)
>Just a few weeks, just starting

>nike pegasus 31+/saucony spikes
>30 or 35 mi usually (trying to work up to 40 this summer)
>21:32
>year and a half

Ahh, well still. 14:26 is pretty damn good. Do you run longer distances?

no hate here. You gotta start somewhere.

10k is the furthest I've run this year so far. I ran 200/400 in high school (slowly, but they were my best events) and I still don't like the longer distances much.

Some Asics that I really need to replace

Around 15 at the moment, working back from some injuries, need to get back up to 42-50.

19:18 IIRC, best (and only) marathon time was 3:48:56

About 6 years now

it's me again

first half marathon next weekend
pls give advice i'm very nervous (longest run completed 10 miles)

a half isn't that much further than 10 miles. just pace yourself and don't eat anything you haven't eaten in training.

Do you have a specific time in mind or just looking to finish?
Either way, just make sure to pace yourself and hit your splits if you're aiming for a specific finishing time.

I guess I would like to be under 2 hours ideally
im recovering from iron deficiency and it prevented me from training as hard as I would've liked so I'm setting low standards for this race and my real goal is just to finish.

Yeah you'll be fine, like said, a half isn't much more than 10 and 2 hours is a solid goal.

what is the best food before running a longer distance and how much of it?

For a race, I like pasta two nights before and a small piece of grilled red meat the night before. Lots of water

As in right before or the night before?
Day before: Pasta with some type of protein (like meat sauce)
Right before: Whatever works, I really like a scrambled egg like 30 minutes beforehand

2 pairs of Saucony Virratas/season, 2 pairs off season to have them decompress for longer use

50-60/week, depending on the season

15:16 on a cross country course, I have never ran it on a track/road. Was more of a middle distance runner, with PRs of 4:06 mile and 1:51 800m

Starting running in 4th grade at USATF sanctioned meets, ended after 1 year of college

I can answer most if not all questions related to running, ask away!

>New Balance 1080s
>65 miles per week
>officially? 19:40 but that was over a year ago. could probably drop at least 17:30 rn
>running for 1.5 years

Saucony Kinvaras
~40 miles a week
~17:30
4 years

bananas and gatorade are good. they're often available during the race, too, so you don't need to carry food. just spend a month on them while training (i.e. eat while running) to get used to it.

>Nike idfks
>10
>35 min
>8 months

Hey I'm a noob runner and i typically run about 4 miles each time I run outside at an average pace of 8:00 minutes per mile
My fastest mile time that I've recorded on an outdoor track was 5:30, and I'm just wondering at what pace do you more experienced and faster runners typically move at for your normal, everyday run of 5k or more. I couldn't imagine that any of you are running anything close to your race pace if you live in a city or if you're regularly running on paved roads all the time

>>Adidas boost/ultra boost/Saucony Zealot/ Hoka Clifton/Asics Gel Noosa/
>> 70 km/week before May marathon, now 35km/wk
:20
years

>pic related, comfy/light as fuck
>21 miles a week
>28 min
>3 years

depends on the day. typical pace ranges from 6:30-7:00 per mile

depends on the run focus.

Experienced runners don't run fast all the time, you will just get injured.

I'm not a fast runner but I do have some experience with programing.

For example right now I run 6 days a week.

Monday off
Tuesday is Intervals or Reps which I run at 6:20-6:50 Pace.
Wednesday is easy general aerobic which I run at 9:39 min/mile
Thursday is the same as Wednesday
Friday is tempo day and I run it at 7:40 min/mile
Saturday is easy
Sunday is long run which I run at easy pace

>3pl8 raises
>implying it's heavy
>thinks lifting heavy with calfs gets bigger calfs.

lanky autist confirmed.

I find it hard to believe that someone who has only been running a few weeks is putting in 36 miles a week. I'm guessing you run 6 miles a day, 6 days a week?

If you actually are doing this much after a few weeks then you must be a freak athlete.

* Saucony Guide 9
* Few, like 10
* Haven't run a 5k, I did a 10k yesterday in 58:45 and my 3 mile time was 28 minutes.
* Since April, I started training for the 10k and I want to do a half marathon in October.

wait a few months and he will get injured and start complaining that running fucks up your knees

Classic formula

How do I get 'into' running? Im scared its gonna steal my gains while I finish up the last half of my LP, can someone explain to me why thats retarded. Thanks.

>Hoka One One Huaka
>70-90
>15:12
>11 years...?

holy fuck, 14:26

yeah my PR () is old, trained for shorter stuff this track season. with the new speed i could prob break 14:50 at least

did both of you run track in college or something?

>Brooks something, cheap and old
>At least 10
>can't run 5 miles continuously
>Started last month

I'm just a fat power lifter who has lived in delusion long enough. Never done real cardio and always thought I'd hate it. Weird enough I'm actually enjoying my nightly jogs and that linear progression is really rewarding.

Really happy I finally started this seriously.

How do you guys warm up before a race? I've got a 10k road race coming up and I could use some advice

I run 2 km then do some drills like A skips, B skips and that kind of stuff then do around 5 100 meter strides at my race pace. Takes me around 30 min

Sounds good, thanks user

Pegasus 30 - god tier shoe if your going high mileage, Nike cheaped out on the pegasus 2015 and 2016, removed so much cushioning it feels like your forefoot will break. Nike vomero 2016, expensive af but very comfortable, not very well ventilated though, my feet overheated after 40 mins in them in hot weather.
I run a 6.4 cross country every 2 days for the last ten years. I dint love running it's just a good way to get my cardio in and guarantee a 520kcal burn and some sunshine vit d

>Replied to my own post above
Thanks for the advice user

Make sure you finish around 5-10 min before the race starts so you get rested. Generally the shorter the race the longer the warm-up. For a marathon I barely do anything.

Easy running takes me like 10-15 min then another 10-15 min of drills and strides around 5 min.

Adidas, the ones with that weird light mesh on the top, they fucking suck I think they contribute to my ankle problems because they sit so low on the foot.

About 7 miles a week - I do mostly interval training

About 4 months but I sprained my ankle about 6 weeks ago, left it for 2 weeks, done a weeks running then rolled the same ankle the following week so this time I'm gonna give it a good month or so to heal properly

Fastest 5K is 26:32, during a 4 mile run, I never really run 3 miles by itself the minimum I do is 4, I'm a terrible runner, trying to get down to doing 1.5 miles in 9 minutes, currently at 11:47, was at about 14 minutes when I started 4 months ago.

It's funny I just beat my 5K record 30 mins ago and I open this thread
>22mins44 sec

and I thought I was getting good
>mfw I see your times

how do I improve?

You run more

wanted to do a cheeky 12km morning run today
hay fever completely ruined my time
kept having sneeze attacks, in the end i decided fuck it and only did 10km

also there was a fucking swan nest in the way, guarded by two big ass swans, had to run through some fucking grass just to not be attacked

Makes sense. I've run a half marathon once and all I did was some slow running for 10min. A 10k is probably higher intensity all way through so strides would fit in a warm up to get you engine running, so to speak

That's kinda bull shit. Weight lifting for leg day will improve your time. Running itself will not cause much growth hormone response. Muscles are what move you, get more of em. High intensity interval training helps with cardio immensely if you need that.

you

shit those are some long arms

welcome to the club

New balance cross trainers
~12-15
21:33
Going on 7 years

I've ran a lot off and on. That 5k time was when I started and I was on the XC team. I gained a lot of weight from lifting and now I sit at around 215. I'm getting back into it running 5ks (or 3.4 miles for the trail that I run) and longer distances again. I've done two half-marathons and my fastest in 2:01:58 and I'm looking to shatter that. Also, I want to do a marathon and ultimately an ironman. 7 years is off and on, naturally. Lately, I've stopped lifting entirely and focused only on BJJ and triathlon training. I don't need to look muscular, I want my body to shape itself based on what I do.

SHOO SHOO GAINS GOBLIN

Starter here, and I really want to get into it.

Ive heard that running =/= running and that there is indeed such a thing as bad form. Has anyone some kind of infographic on how to run correctly?

And do you guys use special breathing techniques?

literally how?
right now I usually do a 10km run twice a week, and some more intensive stuff on a treadmill once a week for 30 mins, that's it

Well if you really want to focus on running I would jump and make a proper program, with 1 or 2 workouts and a long run and fill all the other days with easy runs like if you run 5 days a week you can run 2 workouts (intervals for example), one long run (it's recommended to not let this exceed 30 % of your total week mileage) and 2 easy conversation pace runs.

Look up some programs on the interwebs, here's an example of what strava gives me. Generally you will improve by just running more. If you up your running from 20 km per week to let's say 50 km per week, even with no intervals or speed work you will improve

This is solid advice

>I can answer most if not all questions related to running, ask away!
I am designing my running plan for the next 60 years. How do I apply a negative split over this long a time-frame?

oh, by the way...
Running almost a year
>25 min 5k
>2h half marathon
>30+ miles / week

Sketchers
16:43
Not since 2006

>Asics GEL-Fortitude 7
>Around 10km/6 miles
>21:30
>Been running twice a week for 3 months now.

I almost never do any easy runs because I walk non stop at work for about ~6 hours a day. Am i missing out on something big by not doing any easy runs?

>Am i missing out on something big by not doing any easy runs?
It's the foundation of endurance running and it builds your aerobic base that allows you to do higher intensity training

>>I can answer most if not all questions related to running, ask away!
>I am designing my running plan for the next 60 years. How do I apply a negative split over this long a time-frame?

waiting...

Ultra boost

5K 3x a week on gym rest days
22 min

>Off brand tennis shoes, (poverty is suffering)
>12-20 depending
>25:50, just ran it last week at a charity fun run, I've never been more proud of myself
>3 months

>pic related
>down to 20 right now since track ended, but planning on getting up to 60ish by August
>17:24
>5 years

I just started training for my senior year cross country season. My goal is to go under 16:45 and make it to states.

Should I do any strength workouts/lifting type stuff beyond pushups/core stuff?

Don't worry dude, most people on Malaysian cooking forums exaggerate, just keep at it, you'll get there

most of the people in here are lying about their 5k time or run it on a treadmill

either post proof or fuck off