/routine general/

Previous thread >Paused deadlift edition

Check out our new sticky!
>fitsticky.com/

>Novice Programs & Routine tips (Rep Ranges, Volume, Frequency, etc)
fitsticky.com/novice-programs/

>Intermediate Programs
fitsticky.com/intermediate-programs/

>How to perform the Main Lifts
fitsticky.com/how-to/

I'll be helping everyone as much as possible

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=iEqRE0DChEY
t-nation.com/training/texas-method
youtube.com/playlist?list=PLGYKQZg-b1FaJbNrQrwYXkP0BVDKdTpPy
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

What's the deal with this
Every day 300+ replies
Every day same routines with miniscule changes
Catering to every little thing and spoonfeeding noobs

I i did what you are doing now for a long time
And at the end i realized it's not worth it
People always want to get express solutions, and no matter how many times you answer all questions and how many of quality stickies you make, there are always people who will ask stupid shit and argue you about stuff that doesn't even matter and has been answered 10000000 times already

>is sl better than ss?
>should i do chinups or pullups?
>is my ppl good?
>should i do rdl if i squat today?
>what day do i do abs?
>could you give me a x-day routine?
>what's the best split for "aesthetics"?
>is 3x8 better than 4x6?
>what do you think about __________'s routine?
>what routine to achieve ____'s body?
>should i squat highbar or lowbar?
>what routine is for cut/bulk?
>i work out 6 days per week for 2hours and recently started pissing blood, should i reduce my volume?
>i'm not getting sore, should i up the volume?

EVERY FUCKIN THREAD
I mean it'a nice to help people and get some recognition for it, but i don't know how you keep up with this

>inb le summer, le newfag

From the previous thread
Please citique my routine:
(working sets, i did not include the warmup for the compound exercises)

Day A:
Squats 3x5
Bench 3x5
facepull 4x10
dips 3x10
Dumbbell flies 3x10 superset with side lateral raises
Rippletoes skullcrushers 3x10

Day B:
Deads 2x5
Pullups 8x5 superset with Shrugs
reverse Curls 4x10 superset with front lateral raises
Dumbel row 3x10

Ive been thinking about interchanging Squats and deads, since squats just drain me and it affects my bench.

what am i missing, am i not doing full body? I have all the major compounds except OHP dont I?

That's why I made the website in the OP which answers most of the repeated questions.

Besides, I enjoy it.

t-thanks senpai

I'd recommend doing bench on B as well, since you're getting a day of rest in between.
Just do 5x5 using 80-90% of the weight you use on A. Or something like that. The point is, do more sets but don't max out, use weights that are moderate.
The increased volume and frequency is gonna help your bench progress a lot further.

I'd also swap the curls on B with the flies on A.

b-but senpai youtube.com/watch?v=iEqRE0DChEY

trappy you are qt i would marry you

Just added barbell rows to my routine last week.

I'll try:

>3x5 negative pull-ups every work out
>2x5 deadlift drop sets after the work set

I'll give it a month to see if the above does the trick. If not, I'll try working with snatch grip dead lifts.

Thanks again, babe.

keen as dood, girth bros unite

Oh also,
I will be starting tomorrow out in the woods for quite a few days.
The calories are from 3 meal replacement shakes daily (packaged, 220 calories apiece) and a bag of oranges.
Equaling 1k calories roughly.
If I do this I will be at my ideal weight in life with the body I want.
The shakes have enough protein (whey) to make my gains not be complete shit when I get back.
I will be hiking anywhere from 25-50 miles daily and it's hot.
There is also some rock climbing which is pretty tiring with full gear.

Trappy
What routine must I follow for Ronaldo Mode ?

Why can I OH press 160lbs with decent form, but my bench lags at 225. It's depressing me, I feel like I'm destined for fridge.

Why exactly is Coolcicada's PPL program so bad?

I've been doing SS for like 7 months now. And in preparation for summer I started also running on my off days about 2 months ago.

I started getting some pain in my hip when squatting and after running about a week ago. Despite stretching and icing it keeps getting worse.

I think its an IT band overuse issue, which I've had to deal with before. My question is what exercises on SS should I stop while it heals, and what should I supplement to not lose all my nice leg gains?

already got routine help last time, just wanted to as something, ive been lifting for some months now, how good do I need to get at pullups before I can realistically start doing muscle ups? currently do 5x5 with 20 kg on

>booty3.png

where are 1 and 2

bump

What lifting routine is best to follow if i play Basketball daily. Thanks

SS+GOMAD

Squat a lot to increase vertical jump

anything you can progress on without it affecting your performance

start with fullbody (as it has the fastest progression) and see if you can tolerate it

likely you can if you're a rank novice

if not

lower body 1-2x/week
plyo 1-2x/week

upper body w/e

Hey guys in a normal powerlifting routine where would I fit in skull crushers and flyes

tricep work after bench stuff
pec stuff on same day, either before or after tricep stuff

shouldnt be a huge issue

You wouldn't

yea others have recommended a routine based around high repetitions and compound lifts 3x a week, but the sticky has like 6 different programs, idk which is best for athletes. Thoughts?

it doesnt matter dude

at the end of the day, it's all the same

you're going to have to modify any program to suit your recovery needs, weaknesses, etc anyways

do ss as written if possible

or just 2x/week if season is hard

day 1
plyo stuff + maybe snatch/clean
squat
hams (hip) - rdl
abs (crunch), low back (back extension)
calf stuff

day 4
plyo stuff + maybe snatch/clean
unilateral squat
hams (knee) - leg curl, unilateral
hip flexors, maybe obliques if u need it
calf stuff

as a basic setup

ditch direct back work if you're doing deads instead of rdl, etc etc

basically learn to lift with ss or something, and you'll figure out programming pretty fast

>guy who was asking about rest periods and rest ranges in the previous thread here

Trappy et al, I swear I'm not trying to reinvent the wheel here, but I do have a question for any who might know about it.

So in the last thread it was said:
me:
>are those rest periods really that important
trappy:
>All research so far has shown it's literally not a factor at all for hypertrophy.
>Shorter rests will give you more endurance over time.
>Longer rests will get you stronger over time.

So my question anyway is this; does that rest period as discussed apply only to consecutive same-exercises? OR could I gain the same benefit of those "longer rests" by spending my "longer rest"-time doing an exercise that has absolutely nothing to do with the muscles in the first exercise (for example, during my "long rest" for squat sets I could, provided I'm not overly winded, do a set of curls?)?

If that's how you wanna jam, rock it. The only thing you have to keep in mind is keeping yourself focused for the next set.

No idea about your injury but 7 months of SS is too much. It's a beginner routine user, it's good for 3, 4 months top. By then you should get into a more advanced routine.

Doing SS for a year and more are usually how people get into t-rex mode. Don't be one of those guys.

Pls b Harsh

Primary factor of hypertrophy is volume. Volume is 1) The closeness the muscle gets to failure 2) How many times it is taken there. You won't be able to lift the same amount of weight if you don't have a longer rest period, but shorter rest periods facilitate hitting failure more often in a smaller period of time. As long as you're tiring your muscle properly, you'll see it grow. As a new lifter, there's no reason not to up the rest period and go for strength. If you've been gym'ing for a while and no longer care for strength, you could get the same amount of volume in less time by lowering the time between sets, but strength gains would be much lower. Also, you wouldn't be able to recover enough to hit most weights under 10 reps for the same rep range; the closer you go to your 1RM, the more rest you need post set to hit that rep range again with the same weight.

Beginners should keep rest times higher because most new gym goers all way up to mid-late Intermediate lifters can gain strength and hypertrophy in a near linear fashion, so why wouldn't you? It's not until you start lifting extremely heavy and the recovery time starts taking its toll on your joints and tendons and rest times go up to 6+ minutes in order to hit 90% of failure that strength training specifically starts to hit a point of diminishing returns. Eventually you'll hit a point where you're lifting so heavy and the rests become so long that you'll have to schedule what exercises you do based on your recovery between sets; a good example is people that switch from doing Full Body to doing an Upper/Lower split because doing heavy Squats, Bench, and Deadlifts on the same day becomes too much.

To sum,

>Lower the weight, smaller the recovery time
>Volume is hypertrophy; less rest means more volume in a shorter period
>Lifting extremely heavy (Advanced+) can get in the way of volume
>If you're a new lifter, just go heavy because its more beneficial and the above issues won't apply yet

Hey traps is Bench + Dips (3 sets each) enough tricep work on a push day, or should I add another 3 sets of an iso like pushdowns?

r8 my TM. been working on it for a while and have posted in here before.

Mon:
Squat volume
Press volume
close grip bench 3x10
weighted chins 3x5

Tue:
Squat intensity
RDL 3x10
hanging leg raises 3x10

Thur;
Press intensity
weighted dips 3x3
weighted pull ups 3x5

Fri:
Squat intensity
deadlift intensity
hanging leg raises 3x10

i might add in barbell rows 3x5 and curls 3x10 to tuesday once i am accustomed to it. any thoughts on this setup?

PPL for natty lifter at the 6 month mark?

Aesthetics only

How is this DB version of your 3 day TM?

A volume day
DB Bench press 5x8
DB sumo squat 5x8
DB wide row 5x8
DB deadlift 1x8

B light day
DB sumo squat 2x8
DB OHP 3x8
Chin-ups 3x bodyweight
DB deadlift 2x8

C intensity day
DB sumo squat 1x8
DB bench press 1x8
DB deadlift 1x8
DB wide row 1x8

On day C I'd add 1kg to those lifts. I plan to use this routine while cutting if that matters and when my lifts stall just maintain whatever weight I'm on till end of cut.

Forgot to say, used this template as well
t-nation.com/training/texas-method

I've been trying to figure out how to do a PPL with the equipment I have.

I lift at home and have an adjustable bench, squat rack, and BB. I also bought some pulling handles and nigger rigged some paracord to make DBs out of my plates.

The problem is that every PPL is heavily dependent on machines. All the BB exercises I would have to do seem too intense to be used as supplementary lifts.

Anyone here done PPL without machines?

BUMP

>he believes the t-rex meme is a real thing

Are you also afraid of doing 6-7 reps?

Finally dropped bench from TM, how do I avoid becoming too much of a chestlet but avoid a large amount of stress on my shoulders?

How do I get the body of the closest guy?

SEVENTY

ONE

"INCIDENTS"

kidnap him

Guys my upper chest is fairly flat but the bottom/center of my pecs are practically DD cups. Been doing incline db and flat bench db should I do barbell to somehow shape my tits?

I've got some extra time on my handsv the next 2 weeks, and I think now is a good time to graduate from SS to the next step up routinewise.

You guys think I should go the PHUL route, or the Candito's Strength/Hypertrophy program?

Main goal is hypertrophy (wanna get big) but strength is a secondary goal (trying to up my numbers).

Also, please justify your recommendation. Right now I'm leaning towards Candytoe, for the sole reason it looks more fun.

Are you interested user?
It's from a Veeky Forums trap.

baby when you coming around Canada? GF wants a threesome and I want to destroy your boyhole while you go down on her

At least send some pics

CLP is bretty gud. Try subbing out the hypertrophy lower day for control lower to help boost raw strength.

not him but i'm and yeah im interested

seriously trappy i want to lay you down and oil you up.

Why not try both and see for yourself? Not being a beginner means knowing how to figure out what exactly works for you.

i'd like to try both trappy's mouth and ass

What are your warm up sets like? I'm thinking of going 1x10 at 50%, 1x10 at 60%, 1x10 at 70%, then 3x5 at 80% of my one rep max. Is this optimal?

i'd like to warm up trappy with some light bondage and heavy petting

Well over 6 months ago I squatted 70kg for 1 rep. I just finished back squatting 3x5 at 60kg and I'm done with this arbitrary bullshit lift. I only ever feel it in my glutes and even then only if I do rdls after it. Are there any muscles I'm neglecting if I do hack squats and deadlifts?

man i want trappy to fill it in the glutes

also you're butthurt because you have a hard time with the most iconic lift? just practice more.

i'd like to see trappy practice squatting... onto my dick

Did I ask about what was iconic or whether I'm butthurt?

Women are the most 'iconic' sexual preference but you became a faggot anyway so why don't you let someone who isnt a waste of oxygen answer?

Than you for that lengthy explanation. It's very appreciated - and I get how the application of that info changes depending on where one is in their lifting experience.

Kek angst levels off the chart. I like women and trappy and I am whatever that makes me.

You are a crybaby though. Quit complaining and squat

Heres a picture of the dudes body,
Let me try to find the butt pictures.
Cute little thing, wish I remembered who it was.

Genetics and lifting.

It makes you a faggot.

Yeah but we're all faggots

Actually you'd be a faggot and I'd be a pussy.

Will this routine help me into Jason Laseck mode?

I was doing the Kinomeme routine for a few months and it worked like he said it would, I just felt too twinky.

This is what I've been doing for the past two weeks

Day A:
Bench 5x5
OHP 3x5
Squat 5x5
Front and side raises 3x8
Weighted Dips 3x8

Day B:
Weighted pull-ups 3x8
Romanian Diddlys 3x5
Squat 5x5
SLDL 1x5
Back and side raises 3x8

AxBxAxx

Once my weight starts going up (Doing a mostly clean bulk; 140 when I started, about ~152 now, 190 end goal) I'm probably going to throw in some an work and running on my rest days, but for now I just want to have mass everywhere.

Any help would be appreciated

I just finished P90x with really good results. I kept going a little bit after the 90 days but my body looks a lot more leaner and I'm definitely a lot stronger.

I guess that would make me a advanced novice, right? I'm looking for a routine to go to now, preferably without much need more machinery. I don't like doing super heavy bench presses/squats/deadlifts as I'm not training to get really big anyway. I was thinking Doug's Cutting Routine or Doug's 4 Day Split Routine. Anyone have experience with these and is it a good next step for me?

No. Just do one heavy lift and a bunch of accessories to near failure like a normal human being and replace the heavy lift when you get too big.

I miss marcel

you have to change tuesday to wednesday on the norwegian volume program on your website

I see you have changed multiple things from the Norwegian program, for what purpose desu? I like that you added rotator cuff exercises fe.

Hey trappy, doing the UL split from novice sticky. Still progressing fine, can I add some dropsets for the DL on intensity day? Struggling abit with that lift.
Also any other exercises u recommend to throw in, starting to feel like I can handle abit more volume :)

How is this for a routine Trappy? Anything i should add or take away?
A: weighted chinups, OHP, DL 3x5 (45 mins)
bicep curls and lateral raises 3x12 (15 mins)

B: squats, bench, rows 3x5 (45 mins)
triceps pushdown 3x12 and facepulls 3x12 (15 mins)

Leg raises(for abs)

so basically compounds followed by high volume isolations
run it AxBxAxx

Any good video guides on how to do Power Cleans? I've read the guide on the OP link but I still feel I need to watch someone do it.

Get an empty bar, or put like 10lb bumpers on it. Deadlift the bar, then upright row the bar, once you get it all the way up, just flip your wrists, then start trying to drop under the bar as you flip it. Practice putting the steps together.

Wokrout A
Bench Press 3x8
Chin-ups 3x8
Squats 3x5
Deadlifts 3x5
Lateral Raises 3x8
Incline Dumbell Bench 3x8

Workout B
The Press 3x8
Bent-Over Row 3x8
Squat 3x5
Pullover 3x8
DB OHP 3x8
Russian Twist 2x20

3-4 Workouts a week.

Used to do SL 5x5 but I don't think it focuses enough on upper body or hypertrophy. Focusing mainly on shoulders, chest and lats now. Currently cutting but still making strength gains.

youtube.com/playlist?list=PLGYKQZg-b1FaJbNrQrwYXkP0BVDKdTpPy

Even when doing OHP with bar only (20kg), my left shoulder hurts, near acromion. What should i do? Can i substitute OHP with something else? Don't want to tear any of the muscles.

don't be stupid. SS simply hits the quads hard. keep this up too much, and guess what happens.

>Cory Gregory's squat everyday
Is it fun?
-Worth it?
-Good for anything?

Will mixed grip deadlifting fuck me up?

SS hits your entire body hard.
The t-rex thing is a meme. Just like the 6-7 reps = no gains, and cardio kills gains, and bench doesn't work chest enough, and 5 reps makes you fat...

Having legs that are proportionional to your upper body in strengh makes them look disproportional in size.

cardio does kill gains though

not in the extreme "if you take the stairs say good-bye to your gains" but its definitely a factor that needs to be controlled/considered.

Is it still progress if I add reps during TM's intensity day instead of weight. I'm cutting and cant do 5 reps the first time I add weight to a lift.

never fucking post on my board again

no, as long as you keep arms locked

depends what you're doing the exercise for, but any other pressing will generally work fine (i.e. cgbp, incline etc.)

And 7 reps gives no gains

Only if the cardio you do makes you end up in a caloric deficit, otherwise it's all good. Improved circulation and higher metabolism. There's nothing about cardio per se that kills gains.

>the strawman I created HAS to believe in both of these opinions
Whatever makes you sleep at night.

>Refuting scientifically proven and cited data

>I-I only believe in one of the memes, not all of them

Congratulations you're only half dumb.

>everything I don't like is a meme
Congratulations, you memed yourself.

external rotation of shoulder with band (or lying) got rid of my shoulder pain

>I don't like squats
>I don't like 7 reps

Wait what

i am doing OHP as part of starting strength. So by not doing them I would be missing out on shoulder work, right? Is incline bench still good substitution?

I will do a lot of rotator cuff exercises and try to fix the problem as soon as possible, but i read it can take time. At the moment when doing OHP it really hurts though and in the meantime I would like to add something to compensate for not doing ohp.

Will try this, thanks.

yeah incline will be fine until you can do ohp pain free.

other than rotator cuff work, you could consider adding lateral raises if you're worried about neglecting your shoulders

T-bar press is a better substitution than incline bench, and should give you no shoulder discomfort.

Where is trip trap I wonder

beautiful young woman

Will introducing cardio training to the (Im guessing) last 1/3 of my LP totally fuck me over?

I want to be able to run well, but Im only 70lbs away from 315x5 for my squat and I want that 3pl8 more than I want running.

Someone give me ideas on how to incorporate aerobic training please, I feel pathetic if I have to exert energy for more than 20 seconds.