Depression

Jesus Christ I want to die so badly, but I promised my family I wouldn't commit suicide because it would destroy them emotionally. So now I'm stuck living, but the only things I have to make life magically more tolerable are alcohol and food. The soonest psychiatrist appointment I could get is in mid August. Is there anything I can take or do that's easily obtainable to make life tolerable?

Also depression general.

I too communicate largely in memes.

it's great hahahaha

How often do you work out and what do you do.

Be honest.

>stuck in living because empathy doesnt let you hurt other by commiting suicide.

i'm in the exact same boat OP. life is going to happen no matter what so you may as well learn to like it. alcohol and food are just bandaids, you need to fix the problem at its core, your perception of life. meditate and do psychadelics. it has helped me immensely.

>the only things I have to make life magically more tolerable are alcohol and food
>Is there anything I can take or do that's easily obtainable to make life tolerable?

Do you even lift?

cardio is the best kind of exercise for depression.

I'd do it at least 5x a week (30mins min, get your heart rate up).

Have you tried eating lots of red salmon mate? Or pink if you can't afford red.

Works great for my depression, haven't had a drink in 4 months now. Google it breh

man I feel like a broken record saying this in every thread

meditate

4-5 times a week. PPL, often with the L skipped, but half an hour to forty five minutes of cardio after each session. Days I don't workout I usually walk five miles with my dog.

Yeah it's shit. I love them but I also hate them for tethering me to life. It's even worse because only one person in my life actually tries to help, and she does it badly.

Already tried meditation, it's a bunch of new age bullshit like every hippie solution I've tried. Never tried psychedelics, but I wouldn't be able to get a hold of them legally or quickly anyways. Thanks for the ideas though man.

Lifting does nothing.

Hey lads
I went to a psychiatrist and he told me to get Wellbutrin
How will it affect my gains?

Already doing it, but thanks.

I haven't actually. What does it do? I'm pretty poorfag, but would canned Atlantic salmon work? I could probably have like six ounces of that daily.

Already tried, see , but thank you for contributing.

OP here, was on wellbutrin until I lost my insurance that I recently got back. Didn't affect my gains at all but I got gnarly headache and dry eye that never went away and got worse at higher doses.

I feel that feel OP. I'm nominally improving myself, making great strides in some areas even, yet I still want to end it all.

There's no magic pill, I hate to tell you. Some people can't can't escape the feeling.

How long were you off Wellbutrin? I'm moving to an area and no psychs nearby take my insurance, and I'm worried the comedown will make me suicidal again. That's what happened after I stopped SSRIs.

a new area*

Lol how can you be getting fit and depressed?

I'm literally over here feeling stronger, looking better, and getting more confident as the days go by. At the rate I'm going I'll be super saiyan by next summer, maybe even this winter.

Seriously OP, just prioritize your fucking life. Find out what you want and do it. The only reason you're depressed is because you're wasting time thinking about what's wrong instead of figuring out a solution.

I've been off about seven months at least. Had no issues with increased suicidal thoughts from stopping it. You should wean yourself off of it regardless to minimize the come down effects.

That's why it's a disease caused by brain problems and not feeling sad because you have a gut.

>you're wasting time thinking about what's wrong instead of figuring out a solution.

That's literally the opposite of what I'm doing.

>new age bullshit
meditating Works. like, it is scientifically proven to change the structure of the brain. I recommend trying it again with a more open mind

Right, you've probably done you're research and tried out everything for a week then quit cause it got too hard.

literally everything you do changes the structure of the brain.

Literally this. OP just needs to stop playing with his dick and do something, anything. Clean the house, draw, just whatever thats positive.

>Jesus Christ I want to die so badly, but I promised my family I wouldn't commit suicide because it would destroy them emotionally.

Are you me.

Drugs. My reccomendations:
-Weed
-DXM
-Shrooms
-Weed and DXM
-Weed and Shrooms

If you order shit online you can actually get antidepressants on deepweb. Try a tab of lexapro a day and wait 6-8weeks

I have no experience in ordering drugs online, and I don't have any """"connections""""
I wouldn't mind smoking weed, but I don't know where to get it.

Try DXM its a dissociative and feels pretty dope at low leves and insane at higher ones. It's in otc cough medicine. Buy a bottle of grape delsym and chug about half of it your first time.

t. former robotripper

Also where are you from? You can talk with me about this shit, I've been depressed most of my life and am currently on 3 drugs to combat it.

dxm

pussy

>Already tried meditation, it's a bunch of new age bullshit like every hippie solution I've tried

Have you stuck with it? It's not an overnight cure

It's easy, cheap, and legal. ofc you don't stick with it for long, but it's fun to get as much out of it as you can

You need an appointment way sooner. Like tomorrow or a few days tops. You can't be left in this state.

Why kill yourself when can just pick a new life. You could move to Vietnam and become a fisherman. Or you could go fight Isis with the Kurdish. Anything you want. Compared death, nothing is stupid

These threads are the same shit every single time.

>wahh I have depression and want to kill myself pls help
>the world is ur oyster dude
>i dont have the energy for is 2 b my oyster tho ): ):

These threads also aren't fitness related. Reported.

St. Johnwart has really been helping me.

I'd also recommend starting a meditation practice. I've been at it for about 4 months now sitting down for 10-45 minutes a day is legit my most useful time spent even on a busy ass day.

>Mental health isn't as important as physical health
Go back to your containment board

OP is a degenerate tho. No one's going to waste their time helping him unless he starts helping himself. Like seriously OP, you're on Veeky Forums, we've all been were you've been. The only solutions are to continue being you unti it becomes too much and you an hero or actually start doing something with your life so opportunities open up.

yes

find something you love to do

not just something that makes life tolerable

actually find something that makes you WANT TO LIVE.

i'm sure you have it. you prob don't know what it is yet, but everyone has a passion in them somewhere.

i believe in you brah

This is something that troubles me because I legitimately don't find anything enjoyable.

ROIDS

Don't listen to the other stupid fucks in this thread. Get on the juice and transform yourself if you've got nothing else to live for.

Fuck you this isn't a health board anymore. Go cry about your life on tumblr like every other faggot on the internet.

dont you want to prove people wrong?

or be better than all these other average pieces of shit in society?

forget girls for a minute, they are drama. train cause you want to be better than the average fat fuck who works, eats shitty food, gets fat, and never does anything meaningful in their life.

hm, i was the same way. for years. but then i realized that i loved making music... and a lot changed. i got my shit together (i drank like 24/7, didn't sleep) so i could be well enough to sing.

do you work out? for me, it's vocals and lifting. the two things that make me feel alive. exercise--be it cardio or strength training--gets the feel-good chemicals in your brain flowing, so maybe you can start there?

More like

>waaahh I depressed wat do
>countless of replies telling him to just stop being a faggot
>ignores them because reality is too harsh for babby
> OP continues his sad existence searching for the magic pill

I swear sometimes it feels like these are just troll threads.

zoloft + ativan (for funsies)

plus exercise and good diet will help you the most.

SSRI didn't work for me at first, made me worse, but then one day the it felt like the clouds just opened up.

Same here.

Just kill yourself. It's your life.

Get a dog, OP. Go to the shelter, save a dog nobody wants, and walk with him every day. Every day. You'll find purpose in you life when you start caring for others instead of wallowing in your own misery.

Take steroids.

OP, join the Army.

With president Trump on the helm of the US we'll be sure to invade a country within 6-8 months. By that time youre gonna be 11b qualified and you will get to get fucking swole, shoot people in the head, blow shit up, and prolly get shot or blown the hell up. Just my 2 cents.

>ROIDS

This.

Fucking seriously. Test is amazing by itself and compared to suicide isn't that harmful.

Confidence gains through the roof and motivation everywhere.

Don't do this, OP. Military is fucked after diversity was added in. It aint your grandpa's army anymore.

You don't need antidepressants. You don't need alcohol. You don't need food, except what your body needs to survive and thrive. ALL of these things are the same: They are you trying to RUN AWAY from your problems, instead of facing them. You need to define what the problems are that are making you depressed, and either get away from them (if situations) or fix them (if they are something that can be fixed).

You're literally fighting with yourself. You can't do that because if you fight yourself, by definition, you always LOSE. Stop fighting yourself. Make peace with yourself instead, make peace with who and what you are, accept yourself as you are, and move on. Fix the problems you can fix, step away from or just forget the problems you can't fix. But whatever you do, do not take antidepressants, they are literally poison, and the pharma-medical-industrial complex pushes them on you because it's more profitable for them, not better for you. Cognitive therapy and learning to deal with your own problems is the best long-term solution, and doesn't involve playing Russian Roulette with your brain chemistry like SSRIs will. Take control of your life, don't let pharmaceutical companies, shitty doctors, and shitty drugs control it for you. That's my advice to you, from someone who has lived long enough to have dealt with all this and knows better.

>Muh-reens
Kek

But how? Aren't there fitness tests?

How is this possible?

I'm literally training myself to run 10k, do 20 pullups, 50 push-ups, and 50 sit-ups cause I was under the impression the military only accepts capable warriors.

>37452911
Nah. Half the people in my BCT battery were fatasses. You'll be fine.

Go for O1 though, not E1. O1 will get you a lot further in less time.

It’s very difficult. To change. Change is hard. It is harsh. It’s unfamiliar.
But change is needed. I need to change my behaviours and habits.
I have no regard for my body. I ignore its pleas to be rescued from the corruption of substance abuse.
What’s worse is that these drugs make me lazy as fuck.
I find myself devoid of the strength to even do activities I would normally find pleasurable.
I know I have to quit. I’ve known it for a long time. But here’s the hard part – I can’t.
The rational part of me constantly succumbs to my desires, revealing to me now that I have no willpower.
How can a man respect himself when he has no control over his own actions?

I need a thought. A powerful thought that can drive me through it all.
I know thoughts like this exist because I have felt their power before.
Jung says that a man can only be truly happy when he knows and feels that he is living to the best of his potential.
To live to the best of your potential is to find strong purpose is what you are doing, and to be affirmed by the gratification of expending effort in its pursuit.
Nothing can compare to the high of being productive.
Productivity doesn’t have to be in material terms.
By productivity I mean the feeling that what you are doing is worth something. It could be music, a sport, writing, or even meditation.

So I’ve decided to try and change. To love myself a little more by becoming someone worth something.
And my worth is not to be judged by the likes of fools who are similarly trapped in a spiral of modern day chaos and escapism.
The only judge of my true worth is ultimately me,
for the standards I hold myself to are far higher and more ideal than that of any naysayer.

Im gonna overcome all my wasteful desires by seeking the gratification I formerly derived from them from real things.
From activities that expand the horizons of my consciousness and let me delve into the depths of feelings that inspire revolutions.

Lately i've been wanting to an hero, and I just recently found out that my whole class knew about me liking a girl throughout almost all high school, and they apparently gave her shit for it. Never felt like a better time, finishing up a year in college, making no progress socially. Idk though, only thing that keeps me from doing it is how it would fuck my mom up.

>Is there anything I can take or do that's easily obtainable to make life tolerable?
Tell us about where you are in life and where you want to be at?
Weight/height/education/job/daily routine/diet

If you want us to give you tips on what you need to do in the meanwhile we need to know you first.

I was depressed, got help, did some tests, came out with minor paranoia, minor avoidant personality disorder and minor some other shit (enough together to put me in a miscelanious group but not enough in 1 specific field to be diagnosed with fullblown paranoia for example)

I was antisocial and mostly because I was obese and I thought people wanted nothing to do with me because of it.

Turned out I was projecting my own insecurities onto others cause I didn't want anything to do with me because of obesity.

Had to wait 7 months for prof help after intake so I decided fuck it I'll do what I can now, lost ~70lbs and was a lot more stable by the time I got help, still took 3 years after that tho.
>tl;dr we need to know what's bothering you if we want to give you tips that'll help you

What are the things you're struggling most in with life? what is the source of your depression? work on that, you've got your whole life to figure it out I mean you could always kill yourself so why not stick around for a bit longer to see if you can fix yourself and if that really fails maybe hang yourself in 10 years from now but atleast you'll have tried

I've fucked myself well hard. In my 5th semester of uni, already 25k in debt. If I quit now I'll never earn enough to pay off debt. If I keep going I'll never get a job since I'm barely passing because every single fucking time my bipolar has lead me to a depressed phase right before exams

> be me
> dropped out of high school
> neet
> no hobbies
> weak cunt

wat do?

Pathetic faggot.

Your parents selfishly brought you into this world when you had no say in it at all. Time to take back control of your life and end it if you want to.

> projecting this hard

OP is a pathetic faggot. Just read what he says. Guess you're just butthurt because you feel the same way.

OP here, just woke up and I'm glad the thread is still up.

Nah I've tried various methods for months or even years. The only meds I dropped in a month was Prozac because it broke my dick.

Tried for two years. Even tried joining a Buddhist temple.

I know but this is all I can get. I've called every provider within twenty miles of me.

So I read through the thread, and aside from the requisite people who have no idea what depression is, you guys gave me some good ideas. I'll just address them here instead of quoting everybody:

>try TRT (which I'd considered but never thought of just buying myself)
>try SSRIs again even though they broke my dick
>buy another dog when my old 16 year old girl dies

Stuff I've tried and didn't work:

>wellbutrin
>talk therapy. Been tried it from six to sixteen, and been in and out as finances and insurance allowed until now when I'm twenty two. Made no difference.
>meditation: tried for two years, even going so far as to join a Buddhist temple in hopes of thinking away the depression. No effect.
>various supplements and holistic treatments. No effects.
>exercise in the form of weightlifting and cardio 4-6 days a week, okra walking the dog. I feel better during exercise, but the feeling of relief ends the moment I stop.

I'm also looking into alternative treatments like electric therapy and the magnetic cranial stimulation therapy. Anybody tried those?

stop being a faggot, goddamn, you're a true beta.

I've never been depressed before.
My life was so fucking shiity, had no friends, got drunk alone, ate a shit ton, got fat, virgin etc etc

Now everything is better than ever before and in starting to develop a depression...
Lost virginity, lost weight, got fit, found friends, stopped being alcoholic, stopped doing weed etc.

I am more and more convinced that Veeky Forums culture is the culprit, it makes you feel miserable when things improve and it makes you content when things are shitty but you don't change things..
/pol is probably the biggest culprit, if not r9k..

Stop going to 4 chan out develop an immunity against negativity...

Daily reminder that this board is now called Veeky Forums - Fitness and not Veeky Forums - health and fitness

Mental illness seems to trigger you hard. You'll get through it, summerfag.

Fish Oil has been demonstrated numerous times to cause improvements in depression; I take 1,500mg a day in addition to my antidepressants and I find that it 's better than the antidepressants on their own. I've heard people have luck with St. John's Wort, but it has some pretty horrific interactions with some drugs so you should check up on that before starting that if you already take anything.

Also, keeping to a regular schedule, especially a regular sleep schedule, can help immensely. I had to make a rule for myself that I wasn't allowed to nap at all during the day, since I would just sleep through everything I needed to do.

Exercising regularly can help as well although I assume you've at least tried that already.

GL friend; depression sucks major ass.

I'm not the one making a thread about bitch feelings and trying to get sympathy for being a worthless human.