Weight Loss General

Post Motivation - youtube.com/watch?v=1VE4P0GSHEg
Post Progress

Pic is me, any advice? Please help me make it!

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=9mbp0DugfCA
youtube.com/watch?v=ICuM2o-Vcms
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

youtube.com/watch?v=9mbp0DugfCA

youtube.com/watch?v=ICuM2o-Vcms

Any tips for pushing through a plateau?
Went from 330 and lost a few lbs a week then it just bottomed out when I hit 210 and has hovered around that for a couple of months now.

eat less

Thanks, I never thought of that.

How tall are you and how many calories are you eating in a day? What exercise are you doing?

You may be overestimating the calories burned in exercise or underestimating the calories consumed in your food.

6'
1750 cal per day
60min cycle per day
Weights mon, weds, and fri

It's going to be difficult for you if not impossible for you to lose weight. Everyone has a thing called a set point. Science recently discovered this. This means your body is currently at its set point weight and if you try to lose the weight you will eventually gain it all back very quickly. You need to accept that you are fat and this is because of your predetermined set point through the genetics inherited by your mother.

Fat tumbler detected

Without knowing your routine, what you eat etc. I'd hazard a guess that you are coasting on what you were doing at a larger size, the more weight you lose the more you have to up your game to get your heart rate up etc.

>FA
I wonder what this stands for, besides more pizza and Coke.

Fuck, didn't notice "FA", good b8

All of my T-shirts are now too big.
Appearently I'm now size S. This is really weird.

You should stop tracking your calories. The whole CICO thing is a myth that has been debunked many times even on mythbusters when they showed how thermodynamic laws didn't support these fitness claims. You should eat whatever you want.

Agreed, being big is beautiful now.

no more lies fatty

That's from 1992, it's 2016 now and we've advanced beyond all those lies and myths. Your body can go into starvation mode.

And I'm saying it from experience. Every time I plateaued was because I ate more deliberately or because I underestimated calorie dense products such as honey butter etc. Measuring spoons and a kitchen scales are very helpful.

Noice brah
You count macros?

Those don't count, they're empty calories. You only count your 3-5 meals of the day when logging.

Eat a cheeseburger

yes I do
25/35/40% c/f/p at 2300kcal, and I loose 3kg per month
I do 5x5 3 times a week plus pull-ups and chin-ups every day, and around 45-60 minutes of moderate biking every day
loose skin surgery soon, the pic is from few weeks ago, I'm 178cm

Eating at a deficit to lose excess body weight will not lead to gaining weight or plateauing due to "starvation mode".

count your calories and eat 500-1000 below TDEE.

Mirin those legs man, bet that surgery's gonna show off a pretty awesome body you've got goin on

I've cut down to skinnyfat from chub and I'm wondering if macros aren't the next best step to getting lean before I start bulking proper

Just counting calories seems inconsistent

>tfw you are basically me

it seems hip/lower belly fat really is the last to go

Yes it will because I've tried doing that and every other diet. Even used fatfighter and I still gained weight.

Haha I have the best legs in my neighborhood mom and dad gym lol

I measure body fat quite consistently, and if I don't eat enough protein I loose muscle. I also feel better eating less carbs and more fat, it keeps me less hungry. What I did is I was consistently sticking to certain macro ratio for a month and then doing evaluation (how much fat, how much muscle I lost) and how I felt. Now I stick to these macros for 3 months and it seems to be the best option. But different things work for different people. I think BCAA+glutamine (20g each) during and whey protein directly after the workout help preserve muscle mass, but maybe it works only for me. I also take 3g of carnitine per day and ZMA. Maybe it's just placebo, but I don't care.

hmm okay, good luck then :)

That doesn't look natural. Legs should look like this

lel

lost 6 pounds lost in 2 weeks, from cutting soda during the first week and trying to eat better during the second. 5'11'', went from 190 to 184 this morning, hoping to reach 150 at the very least. Kinda sick of always eating the same shit (beans, rice, chicken, soups, greens), wish I wasn't a picky faggot. Also wish I could see the difference in the mirror even if it's just 6 lbs. Hope I'm gonna make it.

We're all gonna make it user.

Look for face gains and upper arm gains! Lower belly/back are the last to go, but they'll go - just slow.

thx luv i mean bre

There's this bodybuilder named Rich Piana you should look into. He dropped 30lbs in a day.

That's one mighty shit he took. Or did he just drop his kid to his ex-wife.

He does these things called stomach vacuums every morning and has 24 egg whites for breakfast

Sugar-Free Metamucil and caffeine/black coffee

He looks way better in the before pictures

>and caffeine/black coffee
I always see people recommend this, but why?

I'm eating home cooked food like soup and stew with different meats and vegetables. It's all farm grown, almost nothing is from the store, most of my food is natural.
Maybe that's why I eat so much, because it's so good. Also, I can't count calories. I mean how many calories is a portion of salad soup with egg and lamb meat? Right.

In my case, would it work to just halve a normal portion? I try not to eat some 3-4 hours before I go to sleep also.
I'm riding my bike to and from work, that's some 20 km a day.
I'm also lifting my 10 kg dumbbell for the heck of it.
Should I just stop pretending shit works and just go back to the gym? It's kinda shitty because I only have time to go to the gym directly after work, and since I work a physically demanding job, I'm always sweaty by the time I reach the gym. A dude once told me I smell even though I always bring spare clothes for gym use only.
Needless to say I quit gym a few days after.

What can I do in my endless struggle to lose my weight?

Curbs the appetite and replaces energy from decreased caloric intake.

Been on Weight Watchers since January and I've lost 70 pounds so far.

Okay, now eat less calories than that

Take your fat science and shove it deep in your ass you fatass fucking cunt.

Down to 95 kg from 105 kg, since February
Though to be fair, I've been counting calories for only 1 month and running for the past two weeks.
Setting my calories to 1610 per day with a 161g protein, 121 carbs and 54 fat.
How does it look? i'm aiming to reach 80kg, muscle loss be damned. I want to feel human again.

Ah and till this past month, I just focused on "eating less", didnt count. After I started to count (at 99kg) I went 200kcal for a couple of weeks, then 1800 for week and currently at 1610 kcal per day.

VS

My dad who decided (moronically) to eat only 900kcal per day and is all happy he's losing a ton of weight, but his muscles' gone and his skin is all flabby and shit. He won't listen to me when I say he needs to take it easy, get a kcal amount that doesn't belong to a starving african, get a ton of protein, but he says no, this is working and he can adjust those things AFTER he loses all the weight he "NEEDS".

*I went 2000kcal

I'm 6' and started at 120kg. Myfitnesspal told me to eat 1750 but I made sure to eat around 1200. Also, judging from your weight myfitnesspal is overestimating your bicycling.

I know for a fact that you don't ride at the minimum speed mfp states. I was in the same situation. I was riding 14km per hour but the minimum was 16, it would say that an hour of riding for me was 600 calories, this is simply not true.

>Fat Activists
>Standing

Choose one and only one.

>tfw lost 25 pounds since March
>tfw 179 the other day
>tfw 183 this morning

Fuck brehs I'm getting so sick of trying to lose weight. I was fat all my life and felt good about myself the last few days but I looked in the mirror and feel fat as fuck again
So arduous

Measure your waist as well as your weight. When you're plateuing you may still be losing inches

>lost 10cm in my waist
>see no change in the pictures/mirror

what the fuck

Man you post your legs in every thread

post something else

Losing weight is the best thing I have ever done in my life and I'm nowhere near done

This time next year is around the time I will be done

My clothes fit better, a jacket I bought just a couple of weeks ago that barely fit me at the time fits very nicely now

it's easier to walk even though I get terrible shin splints

Lifting is love, lifting is life

>even used fatfighter

lel I'm just proud of my progress
I'm going to make some new ones soon, these are quite old anyway
stay frisky

Why did they take a bretty cool copy pasta about self actualization and make it all about lifting for girls?

I actually partly agree with this poster, now before I'm crucified ill explain why I agree with weight set point but disagree with the rest of it.

People do have a weight set point based on their routine. Most people have a very similar routine everyday. This tends to balance out over time and you have a set point in your weight because people tend to eat "about" the same amount on a regular basis and get "about" the same amount of movement most days of the week. This is why people who don't count calories can stay a similar weight for large periods of their time.

Now comes the part where I disagree. Changes in routine can impact your set point. Deciding that cooking at home is for losers and you will only eat fast food for every meal will increase your weight until you hit a new "set point". This is also true for people who switch from eating mostly fast food to lower calorie foods and eat at home for all their meals. They will reach a weight based on their routine and call it your new "set point".

Now some anecdotal evidence from my own life. I worked in retail for 4 years, during this time I was on my feet 8 hours a day, 5 days a week. My weight was ~190-195 for pretty much the entire 4 years. I did nothing to try to really lose weight or anything to gain weight. Then I got a job at an office where instead of walking around for 8 hours a day I was on my ass 8 hours of the day. I did not heavily change my diet but I didn't compensate for the reduced amount of walking I did. My weight spiked up to 230 lbs. I worked at this job for 2 years and during that time I pretty much stayed at that weigh for the entire duration of that job.

I switched jobs and had about the same activity level, that is to say I sit on my ass 40 hours a week at my new job. However, I also wake up early and go for a 30-45 minute job every morning and hit the gym everyday after work. The result is that i've been ~185 now for nearly 2 years.