No matter how much people say its fine, i feel like the deadlift feels...

No matter how much people say its fine, i feel like the deadlift feels, and looks like the most dangerous exercise there is. It feels unatural as fuck, it feels damaging to the lower back even with perfect form (and i'm only lifting 180kg 3x5 nothing near pick realted)

And before i get the "your form must be shit" its not, i've had a few different people say its spot on, so whats the deal ?

Anyone else feel the same way ?

Might drop them completely

>tfw dorian yates never did them at all

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/h3n8z1wy_SQ
youtube.com/watch?v=VcY3YSW9vX4
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

i only ever do them off blocks. i've had bad back injuries before, and it's just not worth it. you can be out for like 6 months with a low back injury. been there, dont want to go there agina.

Are you using conventional? Have you tried sumo? That is a lot better for some people. Also try trap bar deadlift.

Post vid of this "perfect form" you use

>literally just picking shit off the ground
>unnatural as fuck

Try doing snatch grip or sumo. This fixes most form issues

I really love to do them and it feels the most natural for me from the big three.
I remember the first time i ever deadlifted at the age of 16, i was already near double bw deadlift. Form was pretty shitty but it was big fun for me. I guess everyone is different, and if you really loath it i guess you can replace it with somthing else no problem.

if i got a dollar every time i see someone say "my form is fine because i asked random people and they said its fine" id be a rich mofo

protip: your form isnt fine

This.

i am really afraid of deadlifts because my father has slipped disc (?) and i see how bad this is

it took me about a decade to learn how to do the abdominal brace correctly.

it's actually really simple, you just push your stomach into your hip crease just prior to engaging the pull. but until you do it for the first time, you can spend years doing the DL incorrectly.

>it feels damaging to the lower back
Then your form is most definitely NOT spot on. The thing is, to the untrained eye a deadlift where somebody pulls mainly with their low back looks just like it's supposed to look. But as you say, it still doesn't feel right. Because it isn't right.
Learn how to "hip hinge".

Also realize that the diameter of a standard 20 kg plate is completely arbitrary. You may not be comfortable getting that low .

I agree, I've deadlifted 305kg too. Not worth injuries again.

>I've deadlifted 305kg too
Sure you have. If you're going to e-stat for no reason, at least make it somewhat believable.

>it feels unnatural because i'm a little shit who never did any manual labor

I completely disagree.

As a power lifter the deadlift is the safest exercise, bench a close second and squats being a very large end.

Squats are dangerous as shit

Deadlifts can be done without issues, require little efforts to setup and aren't risky. If you fail you drop it.

Learn to pull with a protected spine:
youtu.be/h3n8z1wy_SQ

>Sure you have
there are 4 or 5 people at my gym that pull that much
it's a very good lift but not unbelievable at all

If it feels unnatural then you must be doing something wrong.

Bench press is the most dangerous lift in terms of injuries (and deaths).

I haven't seen anyone injure their back deadlifting, aside of people who are obviously pulling too much with bad form.

The problem is, normies hurt their backs lifting boxes or w/e with shit form and assume that lifting from the floor is inherently dangerous and impossible to do safely, which is wrong.

>been lifting 4 years
>305kg e-stating
>mfw Veeky Forums kids think that

Your form is shit

How is picking shit up from the ground "unnatural as fuck?" It's literally the most natural movement you could do. You think lying under a heavy ass weight pushing down on your rotator cuffs is natural?

>memelift
you can build a well developed back without them

Git gud

>getting injured deadlifting sub 700lbs
lmaoing at ur life

>bending over and picking something up feels unnatural
Well gee, not like that's a basic motion almost every functional human performs on a daily basis.

>picking something up from the ground
> It feels unatural as fuck

Yeah, nah fuck off retard

this. I was just pushing my stomach out before and breathing in which is completely wronng.

I started practicing breathing into my core and expanding it and its improving.

Try doing therm in the smith Machine. I always have trouble doing deadlifts but never anything when in the smith Machine.

If there is a mirror in front of you.. Look at you and ceiling

gib tips

If you are using proper form and weight you can handle its the most natural motion there is. Many delusional dipshit pile in 100lbs more then they can handle and get mad and accuse deadlift of hurting them. You played your self homie.

youtube.com/watch?v=VcY3YSW9vX4

Just practice slowly breathing into your core without chest moving and expand.

Dont push your abs out or anything deliberately, let the air do it. It takes a while, but just slowly try to expand your obliques and entire core, not just your stomach.

I find it helps to do some lying down and then some sitting.

>Using straps, a hook grip, or a switch grip to fully enclose your hands around a cylindrical object when bent over in a non-squat position then grinding it along your shins and quads until your knees and back lock is a natural movement

If you're not a competitive powerlifter then you surely could stop doing them. You said you've already got nice progress - 180kg is a lot of weight, don't let e-staters make you feel inadequate. Seems like you've milked the exercise enough. If you don't like doing them - fuck em. Training should be rigorous but also fun. Fuck that no pain no gain retard mentality.

Of course if you put it that way, no barbell movement is "natural". You will never have to pick up a barbell outside of the gym.
You will never get in a perfect Lifting position without a barbell. You will never have to lift an exactly balanced load. But you also probably never lift loads as heavy as you do in the gym.

The point of Lifting is not to simulate every day tasks. But it's still "natural' movements. The squat and bend (deadlift) are as natural as it gets. You Get stronger in the movement which also makes you stronger in slightly varied version of the movement. No matter how you deadlift, if you deadlift 4 plates, you will be able to lift a lot of weight by bending over and pulling it up, in whatever from you can imagine. Be it a car, a log, a crate,...

Nothing in the gym is natural then, specially bench press.

Good lord you guys are so fucking retarded i hope your dad chris benoited your family

Lifting stuff by hinging at your hips is a completely natural movement. The barbell is just added resistance to place greater demands on the body while performing this movement.

This is a decent post on the Veeky Forums board of the Veeky Forums forums website.

Thanks mate

I'm a straight up beginner and ended up pulling a muscle in my lower back while deadlifting over a week ago. I blame myself for adding the extra weight and particular shit form that day.

Ended up taking a week off from the gym to recover, but I'm wondering if I should go back or wait a bit longer. As it stands now the only time I feel any discomfort from my lower back is when I arch it back or when it's fully rounded when I do something like a hamstring stretch.

Sorry if I sound like a DYEL faggot Veeky Forums.

Nice blog post faggot
Would never read again

this

whenever anyone asks me if their form is ok i usually just say it is because i really can't be bothered to explain why it's wrong

I feel the opposite. My back would hurt at work after 6 or so hours at work. Since I've started lifting my back feels great even after 10+ hours on my feet.

>It feels unatural as fuck
Stop right there
shhh
Just stop

Huh? It is the most natural lift? When the fuck do you push things over your head or push things up while squating down? How often to you pick things up off the ground?

>picking stuff up from the ground is unnatural

what the fuck

>it feels damaging to the lower back

Every exercise is damaging. That's the point.
Your body adapts and grows stronger and tougher.

it's very easy to perform the deadlift in a disastrously wrong way and I think a lot of new lifters leap into lifting without understanding the mechanics of the lift - if you look at someone and try to imitate it then unlike other exercises like squat, imitating someone else's deadlift without understanding how it works will lead most to lift with the back.

You can probably go back but lift light. Get the form in check NOW or you will regret it when you either get injured or have to start over completely in four months.
What the fuck is your problem? Dude had a legitimate question.

squatting is a natural movement up to a point but it isn't natural to do it weighted - especially when you consider that in some people the lower back rounds causing the spine to lose protection of the surrounding muscles when it comes to preventing herniation etc.

both deadlifting and squats are shit exercises that can be accomplished with other lifts

even with perfect form, you WILL end up snapping your shit up after years of doing them. just because you see a 22 year old being able to do them with no problems doesnt mean there wont be trouble down the line

Never gonna make it.

Yeah sure, maybe if you're 150kg hamplanet.