Bench stats for a guy lifting now 3 years

is roflmao 2pl8 bench for 5 reps a respectable lift?

yes, thats approaching elite level lift. Great job, OP. You have made it.

I'd just like to interject for a moment. What you’re referring to as "Bench", is in fact, Press/Bench, or as I’ve recently taken to calling it, Press plus Bench. Bench is not a lift unto itself, but rather another free component of a fully functioning Press system made useful by 3x10, 5x5, and vital system components such as max weight baby.

Many lifters run a modified version of the Press system every day, without realizing it. Through a peculiar turn of events, the version of Press which is widely used today is often called “Bench", and many of its users are not aware that it is basically the Press system, developed by the Press Project. There really is a Bench, and these people are using it, but it is just a part of the lifts they use.

Bench is the movement: the part of the lift that allocates the muscular resources to make it light weight baby. The movement is an essential part of a lift, but useless by itself; it can only function in the context of lifting big to get big c'mon. Bench is normally used in combination with the overhead lifting system: the whole system is basically Press with Bench added, or Press/Bench. All the so-called “Bench" lifts are really lifts of Press/Bench.

I've been lifting almost 5 years and haven't BB benched more than 105kg for 5.

That was 2 years ago, I don't barbell bench heavy anymore, I just do DB bench, which I do 40kg 3x10 now.

I can barely bench 90kg for 5 with a barbell now, but I don't give a shit because its a retarded lift that takes people to snap city.

I've been lifting 1.5 years and I bench 2pl8 x5 exactly.

autism the post

How do people end up with jaws like that?

Started my six month of lifting, I can hit 2pl8 for 5 reps. Pic related, my massive 2pl8 chest.

Is bench a meme lift?

Lol, I haven't done more than 2.5 plates for 1 rep and I've been lifting for about 4.5 years. My other lifts are OK though, even ohp.

My advice to not end up like me is to go from SS to Texas method pretty quickly.

solid effort, but it'd be way funnier if you did it like "what you're referring to as the overhead press is actually the strict press, or as I've been calling it lately, The Press™"

Summer: the post

just started lifting last weekend and pretty much can do 2pl8 for 3 reps

that my friend is the greatest athlete of all time. Genetics.
Cael Sanderson
quick summary:
> 159-0 NCAA D1 wrestling
> 4 time national champion
> Olympic Gold Medalist

Depends on one's bodyweight. If you weigh 2pl8 then it's OK, if 1pl8 it's amazing and if 3pl8 than very unimpressive.

In general though 2pl8 is a very good bench in 3 years for a natty lifter.

What if I weigh a little bit more than a plate while benching 145lbs?

>went from barely benching the bar to 2pl8 in 6 months lifting natty

What the fuck have you been doing for 2 and a half years, OP?

fucking idiot. OP: 225 x FIVE
U: 225 x ONE

OP can do FIVE times as much WORK as you

>implying that wasn't my working set weight

Again, wtf has OP been doing?

Go home richard swoleman

>180lbs - 82kg bodyweight
>3x5 with 2pl8
is it good for my bodyweight?

Not weighing 285 pounds is my guess

Yeah pretty much you can just do flyes and ohp and you'll get the same development

If you didn't get that within 4 months of lifting you may aswell just quit

pretty eh but really that also depends on your bodyweight.