instagram.com/p/BGUpyE1DgVU/?taken-by=the_strength_mongrell
instagram.com/p/BFrsU_ajgd1/?taken-by=the_strength_mongrell
instagram.com/p/BE1m6TtDgTR/?taken-by=the_strength_mongrell
youtube.com/watch?v=WLh0jF5M_gY
en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Depth_perception
en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Spinning_Dancer
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Ilya is kill

Snatching today, felt a nice deep crunchy crackly pop in my neck on the catch. Some pain, not too severe. Was able to complete the lift. Dull pain with some flaring when I rotate my head or lower it. Worried it's a slipped disc, hoping it's just a 'tweak'. Either way, should probably take some time off. What to do to maintain strength and explosiveness while rehabbing and recovering? Also, how to prevent in the future?

Someone broke into my truck and stole my Adipowers.

They're the only weightlifting shoes I ever had and I loved them. Since I'm now forced to get a new pair, has anyone used both Adipowers and Romaleos? What I've read online is making me lean towards just getting Adipowers again.

get the new adidas ones

Wait so the chinese athletes came out as clean?

I, for one, welcome our new manlet overlords

Ffs dude the politics in this sport are killing me. Fucking Chinese are clean? Give me a fucking break.

does this count?
>tfw failing to jerk my max snatch
just end it
what am i talmbout :^) (4commie)

one note when you make webms, scale down the size a bit so the vid doesnt take up the whole screen (dw i did it wrong for a while aswell)

it looks like you stop extending early so the bar is really floaty and you're v slow getting under

REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
i wouldn4 be surprised if i snatch more than i c+j on the 25th (ye thats me)

kill me
i am bad yes

did you aee my pwr snarch webms the other days?

talk normally plz i kno its hard w ur autism.

wait ur gonna b in toronto area? whats the comp? glhf

why are you so wiggly and shit before ur jerk, like you keep moving around, stay tight senpai.

and ye they were meh

and im doing that thing agai where i drop my elbows when i extend (cuz commi3 4old me to ignore my arms and i listened like an idiot)

with all these misses im never gpnna be good at jerkimg

heres a vid of p snatch i u missed it

variety village open i asked u earlier
i went to the young hercules there and won gold :^)
u sure ur thinking about the same snatch? :(

Chinese have always been clean senpai I don't know what you're talking about.

Tbf weightlifting, as an olympic sport, has always been about politics.

ohh ok, would if i had the time desu, probs not gona be competing for a lil bit cause my training is mostly strength stuff and im busy with work.

snatch actually looked dece, you humped the bar out a bit like i do, make sure to pull up with your elbows (if ya get what im sayin)

and gj at hurcules, what were ur atts@what bw

China #1. Roided out vegan refrigerators on suicide watch

110 total at 85kg bodyweight :^)
my only competitor was a little fat 14 year old who i train with, he totalled 109

i'll probably be a 94 on the 25th, we'll see (been hovering a bit of 85k lately)

gj senpai, i totaled 129 at my first comp at 59.2kg and got 3rd :))))))))))

fuck you
im not a talentcuck like you, i have shit levers

>totalling less than fucking trappy-chan
>@85

Please start tripping so I can filter you out.

>me
>talent cuck

senpai im garbage

Hello, welcoe to PRsville. Please state your ordeur

Yes sir 100 thousand gram please

Sorry sir there was a mistake with your ordeur please go another day

Wtf man lower the weight and learn how to keep your back tight.
You're gonna paralyze yourself.

>implying that's not what i want
itd give me an excuse to give up this shity fucking sport

omen trips

I hope he paralyzes himself so he stops posting here.

Bumping for Caladan.

I have a decent "strength base" but my mobility isnt oly ready. I want to get into oly but plan on spending 2-3 months doing mobility work daily. Should I just jump into it or is the mobility thing a good idea?

Do both, not reason to wait

wear shoes with higher heels if you need to.

it really depends how bad it is. post a video of you doing an overhead squat or something

Just do the lift to the best of your ability. If you snatch catch it then do a ohs to get a feel. If you powerclean it then fs rught after etc.
Do thr squats atg so you stretch everything and keeping mobile.

May a get a from check? Hows it looking?

Lack of extension on the snatch?

Hips too high on the deadlift?

Snatch
instagram.com/p/BGUpyE1DgVU/?taken-by=the_strength_mongrell

Squat
instagram.com/p/BFrsU_ajgd1/?taken-by=the_strength_mongrell

Snatch deadlift

instagram.com/p/BE1m6TtDgTR/?taken-by=the_strength_mongrell

so does anyone have a list of the people who got caught cheating ? Ilya was one of them?

No names yet. Everything out so far is just rumors.

I'm your height and weigh less and I'm also old and inflexible, pls don't blame ur levers for being weak

Is there a deadlift to power clean chart anywhere? If not, what sort of ratio am I supposed to have? I'm a powerlifter looking to start doing some power cleans

There isn't one because they're different movements if you're talking conventional dead and not a clean deadlift

When I was younger everything was so much simpler... No pain...

60kg (u just cant see the white plates im not that weak cmon)

Rate, is the bar coming out too far?

>inb4 i cant tell because of the angle
do you not have any depth perception you cuck?

Also every video i've seen on power cleans has the instructor barely bending the knees. If i'm supposed to do heavier sets I'm allowed to catch the bar in a deep squat as if I'm performing a clean and jerk and just not do the jerk, correct?

SEVENTY PERCENT.

ur not 6 foot 1 u manlet
youve just been training wll your life and roidint
i know ts you illya

W-what do you guys think of my 190kg beltless squat?

Please don't reproduce - you're ugly as sin.

you're fat

I had no idea

Not even 1x ur bodyweight yet u disgusting fat fuck

whats your problem kek

that's just called a clean. power clean means you stop above parallel.

And there isn't much of a ratio between deadlift and clean. Obviously pulling power is good, but some people have more natural explosiveness

What are your squats?

>haha 2pl8 but it doesnt matter that its weak because im not fat

165kg @ 80kg

Anything is better than being a fat fuck. So it's truest

Double bodyweight squat, thats good man. Good job.

Good squat senpai

140@70

I cant help but feel you're being insincere because im fat senpai

My quads "hurt" at the bottom of my squat as of late. Could I have damaged something? I'm not squatting optimal weight because of this , what should I do?

I've taken a week off of doing anything leg related, but it didn't help so now I'm just doing what I normally do.

Stretch your quads

youtube.com/watch?v=WLh0jF5M_gY

155 at 77

69kg girls squat more than me. Feels bedd menn.

I've stretched since I started lifting. It's only my right quad too

stretch more

It band syndrome. Take it easy or you'll get fucked

My knees don't hurt though, what makes you think it's band syndrome?

Because the quad is what hurts from IT band syndrome. I just got over it. I'm warning you. Stop squatting now for 2-3 weeks or face 4 months rehab.

Fuck. Well I guess I'll be focusing on bringing my bench up then

Do knee to cheat stretch and do stretches which focus rehab on the IT band. Also do very light 20 pound or no weight leg extensions

Knee to chest

Thanks. And thanks again for telling me. I'm glad I know now and not after fucking my shit up

i dont really care if you believe that it was a double or not

thankfully slipped discs are kinda rare when you're not a dummy who can't brace, though in the neck is weird. I would say chances are you just did the equivalent of cracking your knuckles when your neck muscles strained

standard protocol is let pain be the guide (do whatever doesn't hurt), manage inflammation, and massage/stretch the muscles around it. In the future just make sure you're not too tight when you lift

Serious question kid... Why do you cut yourself?

>2pl8

This is the guy who calls you fat when you squat more than him

IS THAT YOUR SISTER

>roiding for this

if i failed a 50kg snatch i too would try to kill myself

this looks like sa jae hyouk snap city waiting to happen

pls b safe

You shouldn't even be lifting like this Jesus Christ start with 5x5 or SS and fuck off with the Olympic lifts. You WILL injure yourself. You have horrible form on EVERY lift my dude. 0 core strength, no chest, your limbs look ready to snap

this

my max back squat was 205 about 2 months ago now it's 325 after 2 months of good training and squatting everyday

advice to that faggot. stop ego lifting and do a real routine like 5x3

Dude you look so goddamn fucking wobbly and awkward.

investing at least 90 dollars in oly shoes when you can't hit 2 plate for one

>le why?

You have the exact body type of a Mr. Meeseeks

Romaleos are double price and don't feel as stable imo

good luck getting adipowers if you're US 10.5+

no store has them fucking stocked for less than 197

Get a pair of ristos, I spent like 90$ on my tiburon 2 shoes and I love them

go easy on blue shoes why doncha

>depth perception
>on a 2d representation of a 3d scene

You're a goldmine of unintentional humor

It basically represents the Cold War along with hockey just because the USSR was first to jump on the two sports.

>tfw he has a better gym and better wl shoes than I do

Is Ilya banned from Rio? I saw a kazakh article that said he was on /r/weightlifting the other day but I'm not sure about its legitimacy.

what u talmbout
becauze im nor a poorfaf and i can afford $200 on a pair of shoes lol

can you drop a link man? can't find them for the life of me

But you can't even lift tho. You should be strength training to get your body in shape for this style of lifting

You look like shit and you are going to injure yourself then whine to everyone about how lifting is dangerous

>he's never heard of monocular depth cues
"Depth perception arises from a variety of depth cues. These are typically classified into binocular cues that are based on the receipt of sensory information in three dimensions from both eyes and monocular cues that can be represented in just two dimensions and observed with just one eye.[2][3] Binocular cues include stereopsis, eye convergence, disparity, and yielding depth from binocular vision through exploitation of parallax. Monocular cues include size: distant objects subtend smaller visual angles than near objects, grain, size, and motion parallax.[4]"

It actually was meant to be a joke though, so you're extra dumb :^)

Also, see this interesting illusion showing significance (or more accurately, lack of it) in a 2D image.

Mate you can't even squat 2pl8 for a single, most people in here can do that for an easy 10 reps

Get some meat on your bones before doing oly lifts

because you need to focus on the basics such as:
>mobility
>strength
>flexibility
>athleticism
>the ability to type

before you go complicating your exercises with equipment designed to make you maximally competitive at a competition level

Found the "tfw too smart to lift" Shitposter, turns out you literally can't lift

how old are you?"
also dont be so sad it will ruin gains

>he's never heard of monocular depth cues
"Depth perception arises from a variety of depth cues. These are typically classified into binocular cues that are based on the receipt of sensory information in three dimensions from both eyes and monocular cues that can be represented in just two dimensions and observed with just one eye.[2][3] Binocular cues include stereopsis, eye convergence, disparity, and yielding depth from binocular vision through exploitation of parallax. Monocular cues include size: distant objects subtend smaller visual angles than near objects, grain, size, and motion parallax.[4]"

It actually was meant to be a joke though, so you're extra dumb :^)

Also, see this interesting illusion showing significance (or more accurately, lack of it) in a 2D image.
en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Spinning_Dancer

Edit note: Forgot illusion link.

dont do singles m8
for now focus on triples and quads, do them slowly, as much controlled movement as you can you need to fix that wobbling

Say is bailing the bar foward better than bail the bar backward in the snatch?

Kek you have to push press it. Are you 14 years old? Stop posting these garbage webms and go get strong before you injure yourself trying to show off to us on the internet

I hit a heavy single at the end of every workout but don't just do singles.

>you (you)
>heavy single