Strange Veeky Forumstorical figures related to each other

Strange Veeky Forumstorical figures related to each other

Henry Morgenthau Jr., the banker who bankrolled Roosevelt, lobbied for the US' entry into WW2, creator of the Morgentau Plan, and creator of the World Bank and IMF was related to the Lehman Brothers by marriage through his wife, Elinor Fatman.

Moregenthau was right G*rmany cant be trusted with an industrial economy if they're allowed to leave their fields they'll doom Europe

Kind of going off topic without contributing with that rant but ok.

Edward Bernays, the father of the modern concept of propaganda in media was the nephew of Sigmund Freud and the Great-Grandson of Isaac Bernays, the Chief Rabbi of Hamburg.
Possibly one of the most interesting figures regarding the history of film and media, everyone should be forced to study his works.

Tsar Nicholas II was related to George V

I have read about that, apparently most of Europe's monarchs during WW1 were related to each other. Perhaps if they were actual descendents of the people they ruled the war wouldn't have occured.

also ambassador to the ottoman empire who witnessed the armenian genocide if im not wrong?

Did he attempt to help any Armenians?

Woah ur right

he tried very hard it looks like. he protested and negotiated with the ottomans to stop but to no avail

I don't understand how this man could incite the US to war, force Truman to take him to Potsdam, helped take in hundreds of thousands of Jewish refugees, formed the most powerful banks in the world but failed to save these people. I hate politicians and their lip service.

Why would a Jew care about saving Armenians?

he wasn't as powerful obviously

No idea honestly, the man was related to some real scummy bankers and was rather vindictive himself. Glad the Lehman Brothers got shut down finally in 2009.

Or, maybe, he had no personal reasons for attacking the Ottomans unlike the Germans.

rather vindictive himself
Yeah no shit. You'd feel that way if Nazis liquidated your ethnic group in the most brutal way possible

Why are you making /pol/tier insinuations? Why are you trying to spin this into some conspiracy. Quite clearly he tried to do something about the Armenian killings but he failed because Wilson wanted to keep neutral.

What do you mean "ethnic group"? He was an American with only American interests in mind. I mean, with that mentality why didn't the Americans descended from Germany or Italy fight against the wholesale deaths of their cousins? Cmon man, ethnicity means nothing, especially to such a prominent contributor to America like Morgenthau.

muh shoah

>/pol/tier insinuations

Yeah because the Morgethau Plan never was proposed or anything lol. The man moved mountains to create the War Refugee Board, which is hilariously named since it helped almost only Jews and no other Europeans.

I think I'm confusing Morgenthau senior with Junior. Senior served in the Ottoman Empire. Junior wrote the Morgenthau plan.

>What do you mean "ethnic group"? He was an American with only American interests in mind.
That's nonsense. People have conflicting loyalties, especially Jews historically. You're making the opposite mistake of "naturalizing" him as though he were a WASP who never had a trace of jewish ancestry. Clearly, though, his judaism was important to him and it was part of his identity. I mean just looking at the Wiki you find this right before the Morgenthau plan.

>I mean, with that mentality why didn't the Americans descended from Germany or Italy fight against the wholesale deaths of their cousins?
That's a bad analogy. You're asking essentially why some groups have a transnational identity and some don't. The answer is that it's historically complicated.

No argument here. Only more insinuations, this time that "the holocaust didn't happen and the jews are a hivemind that try to guilt trip people." You belong on /pol/.

>Yeah because the Morgethau Plan never was proposed or anything lol.
This wasn't the original argument you were making, retard. You were implying that Morgenthau (his father by the way) had no reason to save the Armenians because he didn't (out of racial or religious reasons) didn't care about them enough because he was a selfish jew who would only defend the interests of his race

Its a fair comparison- Morgenthau Sr. hated his post and had to do something to make his name, he lucked out on being in his position (not true, it was through nepotism) and recieving those reports. All he had to do was report them to receive credit. Why did Wilson completely wave his demands off while Roosevelt and Truman let Morgenthau Jr. dictate every little policy during and postwar? Is it because Jr. had more power, or was it because he was more invested?

Hmmm turns out all of these guys are also all jews what a coincidence!