Uni thread

Uni thread

Gonna be on campus for orientation for 3 days and I want to meet a Veeky Forumsizen irl

I'll see you at CCRB.

Geology major reporting in

watch out senpai, he might go to Dearborn...or FLINT.

BS-EE 2008 saluting o7

who here excited for the brand new gym?
rip skibo

Please someone.

Flint reporting :(

when's your orientation?

anyone????

excited for the renovation to be done

HAHAHA

"university"

anyone?

BSAA major

I lived in that blue/purplish house across the street for years back in the day

Who /depaul/ here?

Filthy mutt

Might end up going here for grad school. How do you like it? The campus, living in bcs, etc.

cal poly slo reporting in

Tomorrow through thursday

user how will I know if it's you?

BTFD

Bamp for irish

If you like small town, conservative, hot as fuck in the summer, and being in a cult; this is the place for you

I just graduated, had a blast. great school and very friendly place.

>tfw you will never work out in the new rec

Northwestern grad school, but I'm dropping out because the profs here are either fundless or assholes.
Is north Chicago kinda shit or is it just me?

POO IN THE LOO NEED NOT APPLY

i go there too lol

Currently in finals week, kill me please.

Do you play hockey? We should be playing against each other this October.

UM is the Planet Fitness of universities.

Well, at least you're not at Pine Manor. It could be worse.

Isn't Michigan supposed to be a public ivy? (Yes, the term is an oxymoron, but still).

Wait, people in Mississippi know how to read? And have INTERNET?! What next, indoor plumbing? Glory be.

No sorry mate.

how's Ohio?

damn my decision came down to carnegie mellon and one other school and i chose the other one. if i had known they were getting a new gym.....

where my hoos at

What's your major, fag

kys jewish piece of shit

Graduating in a week. Decided to commute from home this year so i was only able to go to the ARC once.

Would love to see that uni gym. 45 mins away and worth a weekend to go to Princeton and train during the AM

How known is my uni for the US public? I know it's well known in the finance industry, but I'm curious about its reputation everywhere else. Like, I've heard of most of these unis, and Ik Western is not Ivy tier.

>tfw when I slacked off in high school and have to go to commuter school because no scholarships and dorms are expensive
>Overbearing parents force to to be home before 7:30
>Never getting laid so should i just give up???

>option 1: accept parents paying for education, and follow rules they set because you haven't proven yourself to be a trustworthy, capable adult yet. attempt to better future prospects.
>option 2: continue being an ungrateful sack of shit and live life with no discipline, accumulating regrets along the way while asking self "where did it go wrong?"

this guy is right Also i went to a community college my first two years because I just didn't give a fuck at all about college but my parents were helping me out so I took advantage of it. Then I just commuted to the most convenient university for my junior and senior years and graduated. Honestly it was a miserable college experience and I would do it all differently if I could. I don't know what my point is here but just try hard if you're actually gonna go to college and do your best to get out of your parents' house.

How many blacks?

I go to DePaul but I pay out of pocket for a gym right next to my place in Wrigleyville because a)commute to Ray and b) the Ray sucks. No chalk, fuck that.

I meant give up as in I give up trying to have a social life, I never could do much in HS because of the curfew and was alone most of the time
and I'm not gonna have one now because I still have this curfew so Im giving up the idea that I'll ever gonna have an active social life and will probably never party and have a ton of casual sex and all that shit
Im not ungrateful or anything, I follow my parents rules and it's my fault I couldn't get scholarships, it still sucks tho

Not the OP, but I also go to DePaul and I think N. Chicago has its perks. IDK if you're a sports fan or not, but living next to Wrigley is pretty cool.

Who /underachievertryingtobeinaslittledebtaspossible/ here

muh 49er!

Man quit being a bitch and make something for yourself. Join fucking clubs, play pickup at the cc rec, get a job and meet coworkers. Show that you can be responsible and are an adult and talk to your parents about how they cannot micromanage your life. Aslong as you aren't a drug addict or a shit to them they should come around. Seriously stop being pathetic man

I've been trying for four years, they won't even let me get a job because they say I think I'm "too independent" and I'm "not as mature as I think I am"

Well man if your parents really are as authoritarian as you say that sucks. Why do they think those things though? Have you demonstrated issues in the past? Parties at community college suck so you're not missing out on much but seriously practice your social skills and all for when you get out in the world. stand up for yourself man, they can't stop you from getting a job that is crazy.

I live with them so they can do whatever unfortunately. I'm going to a state school which is full of commuters and by the time I'm out in the world its gonna be too late to have a great social life because I'll have work and a career to start, I'm wondering if I should quit trying to get fit, I'm not fat anymore but idk if lifting is gonna do me any good because I'm not getting laid either way

O-H!

Man I want to grab you by the shoulders and shake the shit out of you dude. Yes, you live with them. That does not mean that can control every aspect of your life. Would theu seriously you kick you out if you got a part time job or said I'm going to stay the night at a buddies house tonight? respect them and their house but also find a compromise with them. They cannot expect you to do nothing but commute to school and come home right away. Show them you can respect them and get your shit done but you also need to be given room to live your own life. Also don't fucking stop lifting man you don't lift to get laid. Yea it helps but you lift for yourself man lift to improve yourself and achieve goals. Like wtf man you seriously need to grow some balls. Fucking stop lifting because you're wallowing that mommy won't let you out and you'll never get laid. Let that fuel the fire man. Dream big, advocate for yourself and don't Fucking become an apathetic loser. Seriously man meet people during the day too, don't right yourself off because you're not going to parties.

If I go against them I still have to eventually come home, and after they chew me out the fucking environment becomes so toxic, everyone screams at me for trivial bullshit because theyre pissed that I went against them.
Its really not worth all that for a few hours that I can't even enjoy because I'm anxious af of what parents are gonna say when I get home

> OP

> Join a frat if you matriculate to UofM
> Keep your grades up to leave the possibility of grad school open
> Look up the requirements for admittance into Ross b school
> prepare yourself for another train wreck of a football season

Good luck. Go Green

Agreed join a frat at Michigan. My buddies a figi there he's a super chill dude id imagine most of them are.

It's great
to be
a Tennessee Vol

Rolltide

thats their issue then. Stay on top of everything else and make them realize they are bein ridiculous. Don't feel guilty for living your own life

Hey, I'm heading there in the fall. How's the gym?
I saw the football complex and that looks badass. Can non sportsmen use it?

gross OP, have some class

O-H

I know at least a couple of you lurk here

cancerous sec illiterate trash

where did u go to HS user? might be around you during breaks & summer

I know there are more of us jorts-wearing assholes.

Hehehe
>full tuition scholarship
>studying mech engineering
Also get to enjoy southern cuties and have the best tailgating experience in the country.

Reporting in

Go to ccac get easy salary then pursue real Uni. It would probably more fun if your like 23-25 imo

Here's the thing user: You LITTERALLY don't have to give a flying fuck what they say until you get home. You know you got that shit covered no matter how pissed they are, because you're an adult. And don't quit lifting, being athlete will always improve quality of life imho

just.

What's the general opinion on TKE at umich?

I'm a grad student at OSU. I lift at home though, rpac is always too crowded

Never been to the ray. Why does it suck?

Any current/future Lakers here?

like 4, maybe

just graduated. my ID expired the day the new gym was opened. super pissed about that

Tank top master race reporting in.

Northwestern undergrad here, ive been very pleased with the professors so far

What did you major in? I know there was at least one other cs fag lurking here

transferring here in the fall to finish up my junior and senior year

very excited, will be great to live in a earthy college town area since I've lived LA all my life and need a break

I hear the rec center is nice as well

Reporting

mirin rare pepe.

fellow gator reporting in

cs

UF bros:
I'm starting at UF fall 2016, need some advice: should I join a frat? is greek life worth it?

Who /Purdue/ here?
Starting this fall and have no roommate
Pls help

Long Shot, any Lynx here?

Hello Randy

Finals week, and then I get like two days to move all my shit from my apartment.

as someone who has been visiting isla vista for the last 4 years to party with some friends who go to ucsb, I have no idea how people manage to live there all quarter long. after 2-3 days I'm totally sick of the place

Party scene isn't the same as it was 4 years ago as well imo

my cousin

Fuk u

Anyone wanna suck my dick in the restrooms?
8" uc.

If the University of Michigan were any good, they wouldn't have given me a degree.

represent. IMA summer pass is such a scam