I get the feelzing that Bach was a no-nonsense kind of guy from the feelz of his music. Is this true...

I get the feelzing that Bach was a no-nonsense kind of guy from the feelz of his music. Is this true? Are there any stories of how this can be seen in his everyday life, or in his career as a musician besides the music itself?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=3GTlvlGmC7Y
youtube.com/watch?v=WZSfRRsZs9g
youtube.com/watch?v=jOzWN-PYh9s
youtube.com/watch?v=QBlc_Nbvpjo
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_compositions_by_Johann_Sebastian_Bach
youtube.com/watch?v=Zd0UoRDZYDM
twitter.com/AnonBabble

That's a very kind depiction of this fucking barnyard animal

Go on...

Legend has it he would enter the auditorium with strong sparklers cracking on his face and body for 15 seconds every time he was going to perform the Goldberg Variations.

He was a tough son of a gun.

He was very hard working and had a lot of responsibilities. He taught grammar, Latin, and math as well as music to boys in Leipzig for 27 years, had two wives (one at a time; the first died in 1720 when he was in jail) and twenty kids (eleven died in infancy or childhood), and produced literally over a thousand catalogued works that ranged from keyboard or violin solos to masses and passions written for choir and orchestra.
He was rather old when that portrait was made, and may have been showing signs of diabetes.

What did he go to jail for??

Is that an authentic portrait? Please tell me that's not photo-shopped.

He tried to resign from his position in Weimar but the nobleman he working for wanted him to stay.

>Is that an authentic portrait? Please tell me that's not photo-shopped.

nah reddits lame. im here to stay. deal with it, hombre

how much time did he serve for such an offense against this "nobleman"?

Just look it up on Wikipedia.

He signed a contract elsewhere with his old contract still running, and then acted like a dick in order to be fired. He went to jail for about a month.

Post Bach-kino
youtube.com/watch?v=3GTlvlGmC7Y

>twenty kids (eleven died in infancy or childhood)
whew

damn, i just realized that peg on the bottom of the cello is so the musician can sway around making it easier to keep count. at least thats how i see it as something helpful, anyway.

That's a double bass.

max autism

you gotta think outside the box, my friend

I remember on celebrity death match once Bjork was fighting Beck and then Bach came out of a time machine and killed the both with a plowing tool

he has a crapload of kids to feed and a very experimental style continuously moving from place to place (church to church) because clerics hated that music

More Bach-kino
youtube.com/watch?v=WZSfRRsZs9g

thanks, friend

Listen to that bass line, fucking KINO
youtube.com/watch?v=jOzWN-PYh9s

BTW, the clavichord was Bach's favorite instrument. I can see why, the timbre of the instrument is warm and crisp.

bach transcribed a lot of vivaldi's works to organ and they're gud
youtube.com/watch?v=QBlc_Nbvpjo

fucking groovy, thanks user

Bach was a protestant of central casting, a hard-worker, and a true MAN.

As a child, he would practice secretly at night. He loved work and would copy scores by hand to get immersed in the thought processes of the great masters. The Bach family were known as master musicians, and Bach would be known as the virtuoso's virtuoso.
As a youth, he would get into brawls - he once nearly knifed an opponent due to a musical disagreement. He was Europe's keyboard virtuoso and remains to this day one of the greatest musicians.

His productivity is truly staggering.
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_compositions_by_Johann_Sebastian_Bach

All go all the time, he also managed to father twenty children.

Bach wrote some groovy, wiggy music. Listen to that polyphony!
youtube.com/watch?v=Zd0UoRDZYDM

could you recommend a good author to read up on his biography?