Lyle McDonald's Rapid Fat Loss Diet

Anyone bought Lyle McDonald's Rapid Fat Loss Diet? Is it worth it? Will the results be significantly better compared to simply eating 1000 calories deficit and 2,5g/kg (1,2g/lbs) protein?

Other urls found in this thread:

cbc.ca/news/canada/hamilton/news/how-to-lose-weight-and-gain-muscle-fast-new-mcmaster-study-1.3423359
ossh.com/ketogenic/The_Rapid_Fat_Loss_Handbook.pdf
kat.cr/lyle-mcdonald-all-books-t8780152.html
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Why would you ever eat that much protein? You only need 0.8g per pound of LEAN mass

Hey I wrote a fat loss book too. Here it is for free-

>eat less, exercise more.
>calories inthe end

You're welcome

You have to exercise less in a deficit, otherwise you will lose more muscle.

It is proven that during weightloss protein is very beneficial up to 1.2g per pound. Same for beginners in caloric deficit.

cbc.ca/news/canada/hamilton/news/how-to-lose-weight-and-gain-muscle-fast-new-mcmaster-study-1.3423359

>buying it
Just get it off torrent, it's like 2mb in size

Only if your already lean to begin with, someone never read the sticky.

>get out

That depends on how much of a caloric deficit the book gives you
Excess protein gets turned into carbs so you're better off overeating protein as long as you don't go past your daily caloric allowance, how some people don't get this is ridiculous, just how braindead are you parotting what a textbook says rather then applying the knowledge in a textbook to your own situation?

Are you atleast smart enough to breathe on your own?

>Overall 4.8/5 stars
>Awesome book. I read it cover-to-cover multiple times. It's an easy read, and I highly recommend for anyone looking to lose fat.

The book is very good if you think you can stick to the plan. Its a good read if nothing else. The major selling points of the books are the breakdowns for how long to be on the "rapid fat loss" and when and how often to load up on carbs or take a full diet break.

Overall its hard not to recommend all of his books.

ossh.com/ketogenic/The_Rapid_Fat_Loss_Handbook.pdf

There you go OP.

I'm a Cat 2 on day 5, if you've never done serious restriction I imagine it will be all the more difficult. The hardest part for me is the sleep. I wake up every 2 hours each night and it takes forever to get back to sleep. Lifts will go down, you will be very tired. EC stack is a must IMO. Ask me anything.

The lower your calories are, the more protein you need.

Excess protein is turned into glycogen, not carbs you fucking imbecil. Are you smart enough to breathe on your own?

>the blind leading the blind

Wow, you are fucking stupid

Is it even necessary to be this rude?

All you kids behave and stop insulting each other. No one is a moron

Maybe r/fitness is better suited for you? :)

Except this guy Maybe it was b8 though

> muh feeling
you're probably American. Their culture is full of faggotts and betas that need to be spoken softly to.
Retards deserve nothing but hostility
Spreading wrong info is worse than not knowing

I didn't ask for a recommendation

Maybe /r9k/ would be better

Apparently it's $35 for pseudoscientific weight loss theories that could have been summarized in a page or so.

Where is it available?

See

Since you can't do shit by yourself here, let mommy do it for you
kat.cr/lyle-mcdonald-all-books-t8780152.html

OP here, I had to leave unexpectedly for two hours. Thank you all, especially for download link.

Is this diet ideal for someone at 17% bodyfat wanting to get down to 10%? Or is this diet more or less strictly for the obese

>simply eating 1000 calories deficit at 1.2g/lb protein

That's basically the protein sparring modified fast.

The only thing in TRFLHB is guidelines on how to handle the fast: how protein you should be eating depending on your body fat percentage; how much fish oil you need; how much exercise you should limit yourself too; carb refeeds if you need them; etc.

You don't need the book to run a PSMF, but it's nice to have a reference to make sure you're not fucking it up.

He says it is specifically NOT for the obese but for lean people looking to get leaner

I think
Maybe I'm mixing it up with some other book

You're thinking of the Ultimate Diet 2.0 which is built for people who are sub 15% body fat.

The PSMF is the fastest way to drop fat without using DNP or steroids. If you have the discipline to stick with it the results are mind-blowing.

>Super retard strikes again

I'll be going to basic for the military in a couple of months and I'm tempted to use this to shed some pounds and come in lighter on my feet, but I'm concerned I'm going to come in physically weaker as well. Does this diet provide room for adequate nutrition and exercise so I don't come into boot camp wobbling on my knees?

This user is right, but go ahead eat 9 scoops a day and 2lbs of chicken EVERY DAY

Excess protein turns into glucose, just like a carb would. You're eating expensive carbs

Being a conscription baby isn't army basic

>how some people don't get this is ridiculous
It's because some people have a brain, unlike you :^)

if you are MOTHERFUCKING PAYING for a MOTHERFUCKING DIET then fuck you you will never make it

Think I'll be safe from getting saggy skin?

What? I'm going into Navy boot camp famalam.

Nevermind, I only said it on the off chance you were Finnish. You need to eat in order to survive being quarterdecked in basic.

Probably
How the fuck should we know?
You're looking to drop less than 10% of body fat it shouldn't really change your skin much

You sound poor

>im so rich leel xd
>wasting my mone means im rich right
>i just boght a gallon of trap diarrhea for 2k
>u cant becuz u poor nigga
Kys

Jealous and poor

Can this be done without supplements? Except maybe a multi. Could I not just eat low cal veg?

Read the thing and follow it accurately.

Isn't psmf the same as the dukan diet

>McDonalds

I have money, I'm just not fucking stupid like you lol

Arrogant, jealous and poor

Is it neccessary to lose all that water weight etc. if I want to just drop fat from 18% to 10%? I don't want to look small in clothes lol. Is there better diet for that?

Retarded, retarded, retarded, retarded

>They involved back-to-back compound exercises. You might do a bench press followed by some sort of rowing exercise or a squat followed by an arm curl exercise.

>compound exercises
>arm curl exercise
>compound
>curl

Rude, arrogant, jealous and poor

>Can this be done without supplements?
not really, no. if you want to do this diet then reading the book is NOT optional.

It's in the Veeky Forums information repository breh, just torrent the whole thing

Depends on your goals I did this diet for 5 weeks went from 193 to 161.
Lost loadsa bfat lifted heavy 2 x a week my squat and dl stayed the same my bench decreased by almost 10 kgs went from 105 3x2 to 95 1x4.

If you want aesthetics and quick this diet is for you if you read the book if you want to slower results but maintaining if not gaining strength there are better diets

Which do you recommend for maintaining strength pls?

No, it's not necessary.

The water weight loss happens with any low carb diet, glycogen depletion = deflated look.

If you're just looking to reduce body fat with no serious time constraint I would not do PSMF.

There are many diets that would be better, but I would recommend just calculating your TDEE (total daily energy expenditure) and tracking your food with My Fitness Pal. Keep your calories eaten below your calories expended by around 20% and you'll lose weight with minimal headaches at a sustainable rate. Keep carbs 75-100g+ to avoid ketosis if you are really concerned about that.

If you need a plan beyond simple CICO (calories in calories out), leangains (intermittent fasting) has been successful for a lot of guys here, because if you're eating 1,600 calories per day, it can be more satisfying to eat two 800 calorie meals rather than 3 ~500 calorie meals per day.

I don't think so: cbc.ca/news/canada/hamilton/news/how-to-lose-weight-and-gain-muscle-fast-new-mcmaster-study-1.3423359