Large deficits

Who here is doing a large deficit for cutting? Are you losing muscle? Are results more or less the same as a smaller deficit? Chime in large deficit bros, and tell us what YOU'RE doing.

Doing keto with 1k deficit. Strength has only gone up.

Large deficit hurt my gym performance and made me look like shit. I don't recommend.

I did RFL for a few weeks. it was fine in the beginning, but I lost a lot of strength towards the end. if I could do it again I would have stopped after 3 weeks

I did a forced cut when I was prescribed adderall. I went from 211 to 187 in about six weeks. In the last month since that, I've gone down to 180. I'm 6'1'' for reference.

Bench went from 200 3x3 to 165 3x5
Squat went from 255 3x5 to 245 3x5
Deadlift went from 370 1x5 to 340 1x5
OHP went from 140 3x5 to 120 3x5

I also learned that I don't just have big love handles. My hips are wide as fuck...

How? Did you notice loose skin? What body fat did you start at? 17% here thinking of going from 600 to 1k

6'2" 195lbs weak as fuck and feel small. How to put on mass everywhere but my waist? Is this what its like for the skellys? Too scared to bulk because them waist gains?

>6'2'' 195

You're not a skelly. You're actually just at overweight if you're not already lifting quite a bit.

How long have you been lifting? What are your lifts?

Really? What stats are you starting at friend? How long do you intend to run this deficit?

Almost 2 months back in the gym. 190 skwat, 175 bench, 285 diddly, 115 OHP.

That's for 5x5 I should add.

I've been cycling protein sparring modified fasts since January, generally 6 weeks on 2 weeks off.

Generally sitting at a 2,000-2,500 calorie deficit.

For the first two months, while I was still above 40% body fat, I was able to make extremely solid gains.

Since then, my strength has come crashing down. I'm sure I still have the muscle mass, I just have absolutely no endurance to do multiple repetitions. For example, before plateauing I just hit 225 bench for 5 - now regardless of the weight I can hardly manage more than 3 reps at a time. 190 feels just as heavy as 220.

Body weight has fallen from 345 to 240 since January though. I imagine I can recoup any lost strength in no more than a month after I get on a surplus.

While it's been difficult to keep up lifting while being perma-stalled, this will be my go to cutting method for the rest of my life.

Just keep lifting. If you want to cut, do it slow. -500. Don't do an extreme cut. Shit fucking MURDERS your gains. ()

How long can I run a 1k deficit? How often should I "refeed". Do I even need to? Pls respond deficit brahs.

I've read that some people do 700kcal deficits and hit a good middle ground.

275 to 240 in 2 months

I've made steady progress on a beginner strength LP program meanwhile

It's noob gains, but still

1700 kcal deficit here (yes really, I'm a fat fuck so it's pretty believable.)
Currently 60 lbs from my target, I'm down 50 lbs overall. It's not so bad, though I did notice some minor strength loss? I've just started lifting more and taking creatine to help counteract it.

Anyone here incorporate 24hr fasts into their cuts? If so how?

I ate ~1000 calories a day for weeks when I restarted going to the gym after injury, lost alot of weight quickly and gained a little muscles but jesus the hunger drove me nearly crazy.

I still look like shit at 175, was 265, goal 165 but I think I might have good genetics since even with that large deficit my arms / shoulders / pecs / abs noticably got bigger.

I try not to pass 1500kcal. Loosing about 2-3kg/week. Legs are the only muscles I care about and being lighter compensates for the strength that I could have lost.

Running a 700kcal deficit has cured my masturbation addiction cause I'm never horny anymore. Not sure if good.

OP here. So from what I gather it sounds like limited muscle was lost. But then again what bodyfat percent are you guys? I'm just barely below 20% wanting to hit 12%. Think I'm safe too at a 1k deficit?

Vegan diet, low fat high carbs high protein at a 1k or slightly higher deficit, lost 2% of my bodyfat over 3 weeks but getting stronger and added roughly a pound of muscle

You cut out too many calories way too fast and your diet method is so unhealty that you probably went through some atrophy as a reason for getting weaker

Nah, brah. It's because I haven't had any glycogen to speak of for 6 fucking months.

Been keeping track of body-fat, no real great loss in lean body mass. Though there's definitely some CNS decay - should come right back once I can eat again.

Bump
So any cons to doing a big deficit if you ARE NOT 10% bf?

Eating 700 cals a day
but 4'10 so it's not as low as it seems

Are you a grill?

yessir

Zoom was disappointing after the reveal.

I too would like to know this :^)

Enjoy your starving metabolic state, stupid whore.

LONDON
O
N
D
O
N

can second this, i'm on a 1000-1200 cal cut (not forced, i just don't care anymore and want to lose this weight as quickly as possible so i can bulk properly for once)

very similar decreases for me too

bench from 100kg x 2 to 85 x 3
squat was at 140 kg x 5, i feel uncomfortable when i go above 2pl8 now (so just do atg instead)
diddly was 180 x 2, struggled to pull 170 x 1 this morning
OHP was 65 x 2, struggled to put up 55 x 3 yesterday

been cutting like this for about 2 months now, stopped getting weaker after about a week but i'm not making any gains either. in total i've gone from about 195 at 6'0 to ~180

>my arms / shoulders / pecs / abs noticably got bigger.

i think it's just an illusion, i've lost about 5% bf so far and my shoulders look much bigger than they were but i was 54" around when i started and am 53" now

>Cut from skinnyfat
>Constantly tired and irritable
>Sex drive shrivels and dissapears, no boners for months
>I'm OK with this aspect
>Enjoying newfound free time and increased productivity
>Start eating more
>Wake up one morning with a hardon
>Tfw it wasn't dead, just sleeping

How the hell do I kill this thing?

>Pork is haram for us.
Kek top

249lbs
6'

Running a ~1400 calorie deficit. Am doing intermittent fasting, I don't eat until 1pm each day apart from coffee.

Have not been factoring exercise into calorie count (can't seem to get an accurate estimate on calories burned), only exercise I'm doing is cycling (commute).

It's not super hard, I'm having a tough time counting calories accurately but I'm not feeling super starving which probably means that I'm not counting my calories as effectively as I'd like :(

You are wrong. Read about PSMF