100 grams of crickets contain...

121 calories
12.9g protein
5.5g fat
5.1g carbohydrate
75.8mg calcium
185.3mg phosphorous
9.5mg iron

I bet if you ate only 5 lbs of crickets every day you'd see mad gains.

Other urls found in this thread:

robbwolf.com/2013/07/10/true-paleo-protein/
outsideonline.com/1923751/start-cricket-farm-your-closet
diy.soylent.com/recipes/people-chow-301-tortilla-perfection
amazon.com/1000-Live-Crickets-Large-1/dp/B007RH8E8Y
youtube.com/watch?v=UcwfEMdV-aM
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cricket_(insect)#As_food
twitter.com/AnonBabble

The animal is baisicly half quad. I like to get a box of em at the pet store in my area that specializes in reptiles and then throw them in my protein shake.

Crickets also have 200mg of testosterone, I've gotten swole just by adding ground crickets into my pre-workout protein shake.

worms are extremely good, too

really insects in general are a perfect source of nutrition, and in the future people will use this to their advantage a lot more

they're gross though

Some asian countries eat crickets instead of beef for main protein in their diet

Get it on Amazon bro

I had supposed that the amino acid profile of crickets was poor like gelatin, but it's actually pretty good.

robbwolf.com/2013/07/10/true-paleo-protein/

Shit's pricy as hell on Amazon. I'd absolutely include it in my diet if the cost wasn't so high.

the libido gains is worth it, shit makes my dick hard as a diamond

True, if they are easy to breed you could probably dehydrate and grind them up and make it cheaper.

>some user out there is probably farming crickets in his apartment and eating them
I don't think anyone who does this can honestly complain about >tfw no gf

There was a kickstarter to make protein bars outta these little bastards. Supposedly it's cheaper and more economical to farm crickets per acre than cows and chickens. They'll eat pretty much anything and they only live a week.

outsideonline.com/1923751/start-cricket-farm-your-closet

PURSUE THE SWOLL

are crickets the new horse oats?

>user, I'm really glad you invited me up to your apartment, but what's up with all the chirping?
>That's the sound of my future gains, babe
>W-what? I don't understand what you-
>Those are the crickets I breed for my protein shakes!
>I've gotta go...Don't call me...

Do they sell them in grocery stores or only on special retailers in Amazon?

CHADSTOPHER sits in his mother's basement EATING CRICKETS and PICKING INSECT GUTS OUT OF HIS MOLARS while you're basically RETARDED AND BAD WITH WOMEN.

Are the crickets at pet stores really ok to eat? Aren't they like dirty or something?

This is what it takes to make it

Just keep a little pet snake or something and share the gains with him

Snakes are still pets for weirdos but atleast your not a cricket eater

Man i wish i could break down cellulous

Damn im really tempted

Gotta move out of ma's house.

Is that "watering pad" pretty much a sponge?

Do you think you can make the ultimate cheap meals with "flour" ingredients?

For example I looked a bit into this and there is an entire industry of food just being ground up into flour consistency. Lots of it is actually pretty cheap. Couldn't you just buy this shit and mix it all with protein powder?

no joke I tried one of those cricket bars and it was tasty. 300 cal but only 10g protein, had a lot of sugar from fruit in it.

sugar, spice, and everything nice

Actually just say you got them to "feed your pythons" way smoother.

thats literally what soylent is. at least the DIY stuff:

diy.soylent.com/recipes/people-chow-301-tortilla-perfection

I thought Soy was horrible for you

it has estrogen in it
crickets have test
the choice is yours

>"feed your pythons"

pretty sure that's a meme. either way just replace it with a different oil, pretty sure they were just going for whatever is cheapest. you can eat 2k calories for $3 on that one

Try grasshoppers. 5g of protein per every 15g of grasshopper

chipotle recipe?

Sounds pretty tasty

>2016
Are you just hearing about this now? I went 3 months on a Cricket load up phase.. it worked almost too good. I actually had to stop because people kept asking me if I was on roids... making me really awkward. Top notch, highly recommended.

>I bet if you ate only 5 lbs of crickets every day you'd see mad gains.

senpai you're taking it too far.

Soylent contains a trivial amount and the 'effects' aren't even true. The only case with soylent was a man drinking 3 Quarts a day of soy milk

do they have the same minerals and test levels?

amazon.com/1000-Live-Crickets-Large-1/dp/B007RH8E8Y

Bro tip. Pack around floss, pic related.

I wouldn't want to leave a bro hanging. Know what I mean?

This is a good thread.

Since this thread is a shit show jumping out of control

How to make cottage cheese not taste like grasshopper dick? I'm sick of washing it down with water real quick

just deal with it. i can eat two pounds of it plain in a sitting.

next you'll tell me you dont like skinless chicken breast and rice

get daisy or some other brand without xanthan gum or whatever

Thanks for the mass reply f.am, wouldn't have been able to decide whether or not this thread was good or not without your help :) x

Fuck off with your cottage cheese we are here to talk about eating grasshoppers, crickets, worms, and other buggy nummies.

Can I have all theses different insect in the same place?

Also how to deal with condensation and general humidity?

I tried doing a terrarium which worked marginally and caused mold to grow in my room

I would'nt recommend it. Have different containers for different species.
Come to Mexico, they're cheap as fuck here. I had a little bag of spicy grasshoppers for like a dollar.
You are right, they cost less than cows, pigs etc. They consume less water per kg, they need waaay less food and land and their gas emissions are low AF

tfw I get mocked for being vegan but this bullshitt is taken seriously

Is this considered vegan since its nit animal. Or is it just anything sentient.

Plus this has been part of human diet in all major cultures. Vegan aint

>Vegetables haven't been part of human diet

I don't know about others but idgaf about the feelings of insects, though looking at them doesn't make my hungry. Most vegans wouldn't eat them though, I think.

>insect is not an animal

you wot m8

Insects are animals you imbecile. But then again, so are mussels.

Can I take care of my nutrition and pest problem by eating the cockroaches in my apartment? Asking for my friend.

Insects are part of the animal kingdom fucktard

I did, but not crickets, roaches. I only fed em blood for 2 months, cause fuck it. Then I threw in some that were larger, some that liked to fly, and fearless ones from an abandoned fountain.
Those fuckers hated me to the bone.
Aand yeah, the girl left.

The good news is that one day and as I was filling ziploc bags to randomly drop around my town, I fucked up and left the lid open. I'm pretty sure they are poison resistant as I keep seeing them.

KYS IMLEDIATETLY

Go back to thailand you filthy sub human

Go live in the forest and lift boulders and eat the grubs beneath.

Fucking sub human filth infesting my favourite Mongolian clay pot making forum.

People think that because of the estrogen, however your body cant absorb plant based estrogen.

Animal based estrogen CAN be absorbed by tour body.

If I buy crickets or any other insect to eat will I be alright buying those which are meant for reptiles and not humans? Shit is way less expensive.

Also in my country it is illegal to sell insects as "food" to people so if I don't go through a zoo store and get those intended for reptiles I will have to have it shipped overseas.

Lastly, if I buy a bunch of live crickets? How do I store them/keep them fresh? I can't be bothered with feeding them. And how do I kill them without ruining them for when it's time to cook? I don't want to squish them and cook something that looks like it came off my car's windshield.

>Phytoestrogens are plant-derived xenoestrogens (see estrogen) not generated within the endocrine system but consumed by eating phytoestrogenic plants. Also called "dietary estrogens", they are a diverse group of naturally occurring nonsteroidal plant compounds that, because of their structural similarity with estradiol (17-β-estradiol), have the ability to cause estrogenic or/and antiestrogenic effects, by sitting in and blocking receptor sites against estrogen.

So estrogens from plants (soy) may or may not actually b gud 4 u.

>can't distinguish between eating some plants and eating NOTHING BUT plants

Hm ?

No
No
No
Fuck no
You dumb shit

boil/freeze

>all these retards paying crickets at the same price of caviar from retarded bio stores

Just buy them from online stores that specialize in reptile food
You can get like 1000 of big ones for less than 10 bucks

>all of these retards don't want to by large living crickets and bake them
>would rather pay money for someone else to kill them and grind them up
>why pay for beef at the store when you could buy and slaughter your own cattle for objectively cheaper

Holy shit these guys are retarded , right guys ?

You're a fucking retard
Bio stores sell the exact same crickets as pet stores do most of the time

That's just a propaganda campaign run by the meat industry.

can't make this shit up, my fucking SIDES

forgot the fucking pic

>Not even 200 calories per 100 grams
>Not even 20 gram of protein per 100 grams

No they're shit.

Question: Will these crickets chirp? Is there a circumstance to get them to chirp more, or less?
Answer: Yes they chirp, they are crickets. A circumstance to get them to chirp less feed them to a reptile

ok any further evidence on this whole "crickets have test" thing?

+

can I still claim natty if I eat them?

Thanks

Chicken and Fish are good but I want variety.
Are crickets really amazing?

Are there true success stories?

>Bio stores sell the exact same crickets as pet stores do most of the time
You know you're wrong right?
>what is an FDA?

This thread is going places.

>Q: I'm wanting to send this to a dude I don't like. Can they be shipped in an unmarked box?

This amazon page is meme gold.

>Q: Is the shipper insane? Warning: Packaging caused household infestation! Warning! These crickets are not in any container other than the outside box! I now have a cricket infestation of my entire house because, assuming as any normal person would that they would be contained in some kind of critter container. I cut open the outside box and HUNDREDS of crickets jumped out, on me, into my bedroom & the entire house. They are in my underwear drawer, closet, and crawling on my toothbrush. My roommate is always screaming. They drown in our coffee, eat my bread, and are on every wall, and scare the crap out of me by jumping on me while watching scary movies. And they excrete everywhere! Why is there no warning or at least logical packaging? I don't know what to do, I don't want to spray the entire house with insecticide (which the seller should pay for if I did), other than borrow a hundred lizards. I just hope they don't breed. You should be responsible for all household damages plus refund charges. Out of 1,000 crickets, I got exactly 23 into my tarantula cage. That leaves 977 crickets in my house perusing through my underwear drawer, tooth brushes, and dishes. There should BE A WARNING that the crickets are NOT PACKAGED in any way AT ALL! I am requesting a refund from the seller.

What the fuck. What do they taste like though? Do they have an exoskeleton that is crunchy like the shell of shrimp? That would be unpalatable as fuck.

I eat shrimp with the shell on. It ain't that bad. A bit tough, but not bad.
I feel like these would be similar to eating shrimp.
Shrimp are the bugs of the sea after all.

"Locusts, they’re very nutty, kind of like walnuts. Crickets are different, actually very meaty. So if you pan fry them, they taste a bit like sausages." -- Patrick James

Yum.

"Crickets, for instance, taste like nutty shrimp." -- Daniella Martin
Source:What Do Bugs Taste Like, Anyway?

"Locusts, they’re very nutty, kind of like walnuts. Crickets are different, actually very meaty. So if you pan fry them, they taste a bit like sausages." -- Patrick James
Source:Tastes Like Cricket: Designing A Delicious, Insect-Based Food System

"If they are cooked fresh they are crispy and taste a little like nuts." -- chefwest
Source:What do crickets taste like ? - Yahoo Answers

"I will say that the cricket itself did not taste like much." -- Mel Kramer
Source:What Do Cicadas Taste Like? Adventures In Bug Eating

"That was terrible. I do not like it. If I was starving and only had this to eat, I would probably just starve." -- Remy Mumby.
Source:Food Oddities(Season 2, Episode 5)

Shrimp shells can cut your guts. Enjoy vid related:

youtube.com/watch?v=UcwfEMdV-aM

see how nobody asked you if you were vegan and you had to say you were vegan

fuck off with your attempted thread derailment

>see thread
>seems good for some lols
>actually contemplating becoming a lizard person
>what have you done to me, Veeky Forums?

Oh god, please let this thing be true.

No species of python eats crickets. Some smaal snake species doo. But a bearded dragon or something makes more sense.

just put it in your shake you can't even taste it

now fuck off I wanna eat me some cickets

think gocad would be legit? can't stomach milk anymore

insects should be the food thats saving us

so why is it the most expensive food there is.

seems pretty fuckin legit
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cricket_(insect)#As_food

damn I wanna try making a cricket shake one of these days

Do crickets actually contain testosterone?
any sources?

Expensive because no demand. Give it 10ish years.

Sometimes when I'm at the bus stop and I see ants walking by I'll pick them up and eat them. They're kind of sour but good.

People don't sit next to me at the bus stop anymore.