TONSILS

Should I take out my tonsils?

A big part of the medical community seems to think that they are a meme organ, and there is no biggie in removing them. What I am concerned about is that I have heard (from a doctor too) that removing them can cause respiratory problems, and I have a history of asthma in my family, and I had some severe respiratory problems as a child.

Any personal stories to share? My tonsils are pretty big, and if I catch a cold they get inflamed and huge. Some doctors told me to take them out, some to keep them.

How old are you? I was told to get mine removed and I never did, and eventually I stopped having problems with them altogether.

Nigger I had mine removed when I was 1 year old and i have a perfect 100% blood oxygen level.

28, senpai. What about you?

I hadn't experienced a cold in a couple of years but it was fucking freezing in here and I had to go out for some minutes last Saturday and it destroyed me.

Do you get any allergies easily?

I got them removed to supposedly help with my sleep apnea. Did absolutely fucking nothing and it was way more painful than I thought it'd be. I milked the shit out of it and ended up with like 3 bottles of hydrocodone/apap syrup, so at least that part was good.

I had sleep apneas as a child and they removed my adenoids for that. Never had apneas since. Your doctor fucked up bro. I would go get a second opinion on your situation.

I got chronic tonsillitis as a child until they were removed at 14.

Used to get infected at the start of EVERY school term when mum would give me sandwiches to go back to school with.

Wish I didn't get them removed I get allergies fairly easily.

Just saying play around with your diet, something might be irritating them.

I've got a really receded jaw so there's not much they can do. They can do some surgery where they break your jaw and then pull it forward, but there's a risk that it'll make your face go numb. So I just use CPAP now.

Why would take out a healthy organ if it's healthy?
Your name is Angelina Jolie?
You don't take them out "for convenience", you remove them only if necessary (chronic inflammation and infection)

>I was told to get mine removed
I hope you switched doctor ever since

>Why would take out a healthy organ if it's healthy?

Every year I get (usually once) a terrible cold that includes my nose running 24/7, fever, headaches, feeling like shit all around, etc. Unless I am EXTREMELY cautios during winter and autumn, and also with using air conditioner or fans.

probably not if his blood is made of oxygen

LMAO, he is an ethereal being.

>removing your tonsils
>having an earthly body
pick one.

Yeah, I also am afraid of taking them out because of the allergies. They are basically goalkeepers in the mouth from pathogens, and I am super weak to allergies.

>mouth breathing masterrrace
shit sucks bro. yeah you don't want to have your face numb and look retarded 24/7.

asthma fag here.

Dr's refused to take out my tonsils for years, by 21 begged cause strep throat 3-4 times year, constant sore throat, ous, stones, bad breath.

take out tonsils, worst week of life ,but then never sore throat and asthma never got worse.

>tfw tonsiliths frequently in the last few months

If they're healthy, keep em. They're an early warning system for illness.

I'm getting pretty much the responses I was expecting.

Some people had them removed and didn't have any bad side effects, while others got their allergy problems accentuated.

>100%blood oxygen level

had them removed when i was five. had pneumonia at age 11 and recurring bronchitis until i was 17. 20 now an things r gooch

It's too spooky. I'm too scared to take them out now. No way, Jose.

Also, I don't know if you noticed the 6 years pattern, but you are going to get something bad at 23.
5+6 = 11
11+6= 17

Try taking them out yourself. If you don't like it, you can always just eat them, they'll fall right back into place when you try and swallow them.

Unless you get seriously chronic strep or equivalent throat issues there is literally 0 reason to even consider taking them out.

>strep throat 3-4 times year
holy shit.
i had strep throat once my whole life and wanted to kill myself
i don't know how you managed

Had mine removed as a kid, had a sore throat for a week, the usual. No real difference otherwise.
Both my brother and mother have pretty bad allergies, though I don't have any. The only times I get sick are with a sore throat maybe 2 or 3 times a year, but it goes away in a few days.

I got mine taken at out 18. It was SUPER fucking painful but I didn't go to school for 8 days and it was worth it. I'm 24 now and don't even think about my tonsils ever whereas they were always on my mind. It was worth it overall.

The antibiotic resistant bacteria storm is coming so you probably shouldn't.

That's why they are taking the tonsils out of the goyim huh...

2-3 times a year is a lot, not normal senpai.

It's like a 50-50. I don't think it's worth it.