No thread trimming edition

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/BOeRI6MDyns?t=19
youtube.com/watch?v=_-Z8NLH8HoY
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

>ywn bench like yuki fukushima or daiki kodama

Why bench lads

Sup m8's?

Don't forget, 1rm day on the 18th, 804 is going the way of the 799 and 733!

Is Panzerjeger unironically a pepeposting nazi? Serious question

That biceps vein is so fucking thick it literally made me feel naucious. No idea why.

because you can tell it's not natural, it's not right. the wrongness of it is making you feel bad as if it's some kind of monster in the night

y do you have this saved. Are you gay??

As gay as Sean

yes, but not for that body type.

just to make this image

Is it normal c6w has me going @10 frequently ?
Basically, every time a rep range is provided I end up going to failure or really close to it.

But what about those stories I've heard about Sparrow and Sean?

I want daiki to be my spirit animal so I can get a better bench

You're meant to do that. iirc if you get below 8 then you reduce your max.

Also, what are we training today lads?

I was hoping to go for a 4 plate squat for 1 rep at some point in the next month or two but 5/3/1 is keeping me low. Not sure how I feel about it

She was in love with him

Wew upper body pulls today
>posting in /plg/
>not even doing a powerlift today

can 74kg lifters have "Man of God" in their bio or is that something exclusive only for heavier lifters?

Thought those were in kg for a second lmao

The hardest part of heavy squats after dinner isn't pushing the weight up, it's trying to not throw up after every rep from your belt squeezing your stomach.

>tfw a weak shit that wishes those WERE in kajiggers

Threw up in my mouth on the second rep of my 1+ set , could've easily gotten 4 or 5.

Fuck

F

How tight should my knee sleeves be? Tried a friends' small sbds on mid squatting and they were hard as fuck to get on. Given that I would have had a bit of leg pump and sweat should I get the smalls? Will be using these in an upcoming comp

For comp purposes, assuming you're after max rebound: As tight as you can reliably manage to get on unassisted.

Maybe don't train immediately after gorging yourself, retard. Put a few hours after your previous meal before lifting. If you're starving during the workout, sip on some sugar and whey between sets. Then after you finish training go ham on the food.

Lads repill me on drugtesting in IPF.
How can I pass that shit without going offcylce?
Don't want to lose my strength...

Can any lad help me with my programming?

I currently do 2 squat days a week, and 1 deadlift day. After each of my squat sessions, I do front squats. Thing is, my squat is progressing amazingly fast while my deadlift is stalled. Should I swap out the front squats for something to help my deadlifts? If so, what exercise?

I do low bar squats if that changes anything.

Waited 2 hours, thought that would be enough desu

Get out

Are you on some specific program?

What's your volume like ? As in your set x rep scheme.. What do you mean stalling on deadlifts? What are your current maxes? What kind of volume do you do for DL?

I do candito's 6w for squats 2x week and mag ort for deadlifts 1x a week, on its own day.

I used to squat 120kg and deadlift 170kg and now I squat 160kg and deadlift 180kg. While I gained 40kg on my squat I gained 10kg on my deadlift.

I'm going to guess that given those number changes your deadlift used to be snap city and now looks good though, right? That's usually the case when people have very close squat and deadlift numbers

Not surprising. C6w is GOAT for squats, I had something similar to you actually. I'm doing coans deadlift program at the moment so my deadlifts can catch up. Just swap to something like sheiko or a deadlift specific program like nuckols 28 programs

No my deadlift looks roughly the same. I've changed my technique very little and squeezed out a few extra kgs that way. But otherwise my deadlift looks the same.

But I am doing a deadlift specific program.

desu if you are progressing "amazingly fast" keep doing whatever the fuck you are doing and worry about the minor stuff later. Besides, that is not a stall. When you stall, you will fucking stall. That being set, you are at a stage where you should be gaining from anything that you do. Ask yourself these questions:

What is my technique like?
How is my recovery? (Food / sleep)
How fatigued am I when deadlifting ?
What is my tecnique like ? (yes, ask yourself this twice)

Furthermore, stick to the program. As long as it is adding kilos on your max, keep at it. If that is the strength gains you've seen in one cycle, that's pretty good. Also keep in mind that your squat technique may have improved a lot due to increased frequency.

Hrm... maybe make the meal before lifting just some complex carbs and lean protein? Fattier stuff takes longer to digest. And even then, don't eat until full. Just eat enough is all.

Why would he want to change programs when he is currently progressing? And to a totally different style of program? That's just shit advice.

Sorry, I meant a program with more volume.

If you suck at something, do it more.

Yeah I had homemade burritos before, like 6 of them. Really shouldn't of gorged myself that much but damn burritos are so good

Considering that M-O is primarily a strongman program and cares as much or more about your rep strength than your max, you might want to consider changing that.

Or look at your assistance work.

His question is "how do I fix my deadlift" not "how do I keep progressing overall".

He can do what he wants I'm just giving my personal opinion because I had the same problem and I didn't do anything about it and now I squat 15kg more than I deadlift

Do you recommend a program for DL that I can do once a week?

I am always thinking about these things and trying to improve them. I will stick to candito's. This progress is not one cycle, more like 5-6mo.

Check the coan-phillipi deadlift program, doing it currently and it's great. Do feel like I'm going to die sometimes though

And he fixes his deadlift by switching programs? If you are on a program, you should stick to it at least 4-6 months.

I took my DL from 180 to 260 in two years (I also added in a belt around this time) by doing 5 sets of regular DL's in ranges of 3-10 across all sets. Start by doing sets of 10 at 50%, add 5% each week. Start doing sets of 8 at 65%, sets of 5 at 70/75% and sets of 3 at 85%. After your main sets do 5x5 of a variation, progressing also each week in weight. I personally recommend deficit DL (standing on a plate or two) or SLDL. Also, do some hamstring work, machines are fine, like 4-5 sets of 8-15 reps.

Gaining strength at your level should be easy. You just gotta put in the effort and eat. Also, don't max out too often.

What's the point of benching if you arch your back so much the bar barely moves six inches?

>you should stick to a program for at least 4-6 months

Explain why.

Hard mode: no Broscience

This is PLG if you haven't noticed. The sole intent of that is to maximize the weight lifted. He isn't trying to put on muscle while in competition.

Because you should learn how your body reacts to different stimuli. You should choose a program, stick to it, and evolve that program to fit your needs as they arise. You don't learn what works and what doesn't by changing stuff bi-weekly.

You arch your back to protect your shoulders. However arching your back obviously reduces how far you have to move the bar.

So power lifters arch their backs as much as possible so they can lift the most weight. Doesn't mean they're not strong though, I probably couldn't even I rack that weight

In power lifting there's a difference between training comp style and for muscle gains. Do I expect my pecs to blow up on a day I do 6 sets of doubles with high as fuck arch? Of course not, that would probably happen later when I do dumbbell bench or feet up bench

Bi-weekly? Sure but programs that have cycles? Pfft. I did 2 cycles of c6w skipping the rest weeks which adds up to a total of 2.5 months. Do I lose my gains now? Probably not. I got what I wanted out of the program, no reason to keep doing it for another 2 months.

Hey trappy when you see this can you post that kirill bench webm?

The WR one*

>no reason to keep doing it for another 2 months
Perhaps. Perhaps not. Did you learn anything from the program, like how your body handles increased squat frequency? If so great. You seem to be at a level where strength comes easily, so anything that you do works. You will realize as you progress, that gains are farther and farther between. Then you will have to figure out what works for you, how you break your plateaus etc. This is done by settling on a program, and modifying it to your specific needs, only performing minor changes each cycle to learn how your body reacts. Surely, I still change a lot of stuff up in my own programming.

I'm not saying that changing programmes are bad. Just look at Bodorio, he's ridden out the gains of 5/3/1 for a couple of years, then changes to some higher volume work. Now he switches stuff around, sure, but the base of his program revolves around the same ideas and principles that he has learned works for him.

Kirill has a world record in bench? I don't see it on goodlift.info

>but the base of his program revolves around the same ideas and principles that he has learned works for him.
lol no he switched away from 5/3/1, made more gains and realized it wasnt actually good. then he randomly tried sheiko and it really worked

An argument against it:
The staleness principle. After a few weeks of the same stimulus, your body's willingness to easily overcompensate in response to it. This is why mesocycles of the same basic mechanisms are best changed every 4-6 weeks.

Do you actually amuse yourself with these type of comments or are you just being autistic?

Rest day today.

Yesterday volume benching went pretty well, and it seems like my knee is finally feeling better. Hopefully it won't act up on squats Friday.

I think I'm gonna buy some knee sleeves in the next day or two also. SBD mediums are a good size for someone a bit twinky, right?

Also I did 3x5 chins with +32.5 lbs yesterday and it wasn't too bad. I'll be repping out sets with a pl8 soon.

The only one with autism is you, buddy.

I laughed when I read it desu, I like izlee's banter

Nice m8. I'm getting close with chins too. Tomorrow I'll be doing +30 for 3x5

If you want to switch programs every cycle or so, that's your call, and it's very possible that it doesn't hinder your progress for now.

You do, however, seem to be a bit of a know-it-all. You should be careful with this kind of mindset. While I agree with you on the need to try new things, if not only to keep things fresh, you should still be (trying to) learn what your body responds to.

that was my first post itt

>driving car
>knees start aching like holy shit after around 200km
>gas pedal one hurts the most

What the fuck is this? As soon as I got out of the car and could extend my legs it relieved.
What is this?

This shit happens to me at uni sometimes when I've been sitting for a while in lectures

It's not a new one

youtu.be/BOeRI6MDyns?t=19

Add gas pedal pushes to your routine

Heard a blood curdling scream from the nursing home on my walk back from the gym. Straight out of a shitty horror movie except instead of going to investigate and getting murdered I booked it out of there and called the police. No way I'm dying after heavy squats, i've had enough pain for one day.

Minimum a year should be spent on plg before you even consider tripping imo

Yea man, I also get it when sitting with bent legs for extended periods of time.

It's really shitty

Why? To learn all the dank memes and who loves who and who's a cunt? 6 months was enough for that

>le arbitrary rule set for a website you didn't create

just an opinion

But topkek i have been here all summer, i am practically an old fag.

Just gotta keep pushing until people get used to the new trip and stop telling you to leave

I think it's more important to have competed (or plans to compete soon) and have a love for the sport. Also trying your best to improve while admitting you don't know as much as the stronger and more experienced people.

>Rasputin doesn't meet this criteria since he's doing his retarded 5 day TM split, which means he's not taking advice from more experienced people

lmao

how can you not like dave tate
youtube.com/watch?v=_-Z8NLH8HoY

Have you an instagram, friend?

>people who don't put their total in their trip criticizing

Lads best PL/strength program to run alongside other sports and activities pls. Specifically soccer and high volume hiking. Can anyone speak to Juggernaut?

365/240/420lmaoooo @ 5'10/185

A trip is literally just a name, there's no pre-requisites and I don't know what /plg/ you lurk cause new trips like myself and raspie never have claimed to know more than people like bordorio.

If you really think not hiding behind the user tag in a general is an issue, you need to get over yourself.

what grip width do you guys use and how often do you do them?
i'm only at 20 lbs 3x5 and I feel my reps slowing down, technique getting worse and it feels like i'm going to stall any day which shouldn't be habbening considering I deadlift a bit more than 4pl8. I do them every session on "SS" and my grip width is like an inch apart

As resident shill? I like the renaissance periodization programming.

Jesus 420kg deadlift is strong

I know you're 180kg but this is strong

Never downloaded the app

I've posted lots of videos, so people probably know about how strong (or weak, rather) I am.
My stats are around 330/220/420 at 5'11 173 lbs. I'm not strong by any means and have only been lifting for a year (started at 155 lbs skelly). I've lurked on Veeky Forums and /plg/ pretty much the whole time though.

Shoulder width, maybe slightly outside. I do them once a week, I'm on 5/3/1 and I do heavy rows on my other pressing day. Try doing them with 1.5x frequency. Easier to recover for.

FUNNY NOW EVERYONES BEEN LIFTING FOR "A YEAR" ALL YESR ROUND

I do pretty much an inch or two outside shoulder width. I do 3x5 weighted one day, then 4 sets unweighted another day.

I know breh I'm fucken jacked

The ones organized by hypertrophy/strength/peaking? Those looked pretty lifting-specific.

I'm a weak shit who's lifted for almost 5 years, now.

It's like e-statting

Time lifted = actual time lifted x 0.7

I still find it hilarious

Okay, I've actually been lifting 14 months. I just figure saying a year is close enough.

Started lifting 2 years ago fampai.

>1.5x frequency
what did you mean by this?
thanks, looks like I should move my grip out

Do it every other session. When I did SS, I had 3xF chins on my deadlift days and 3x5 rows on my bench days. I was progressing rows and not chins, but it shouldn't be that different. If you don't want to do rows, you could do 3x8-F with bodyweight on bench days instead, just to give yourself a break with the heaviness and progression.

>I had 3xF chins

what does the f stand for

failure, ie 3 sets of as many as you can doq

Failure, I wouldn't be able to do another rep with correct form in the set.

alright, thanks

failure

Faggots

3xF means you take 3 faggots at a time because you're a faggot who does chins instead of pullups