Hey Veeky Forums what is the most alpha exercise?

Hey Veeky Forums what is the most alpha exercise?

In my opinion it's the The Press.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=G6s0MC26RuI
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

OHP and deadlift

probably the squat. it's definitely the one I struggle the most with mentally.

Atlas stones.

>Hey Veeky Forums what is the most alpha exercise?

Everything this guy does desu
youtube.com/watch?v=G6s0MC26RuI

I would say the triceps cable pushdown. I feel REALLY alpha after those

Haha wtf

Deadlift

Why not something that requires skill like a lever or planche or human flag

This, like a one arm handstand pushup.

Snatch

Clean and Jerk

Walk into 90% of gyms and perform this with the same weight as most people are able to deadlift (2pl8s) and I guarantee people will mire

I like ohp. People always be mirin from the hammer strength Machine while i lift free weights over my head like a boss.

Nah.Most dudes that can do that are autistic twinks

1. Log press
2. Atlas stones
3. Truck pull

Pls be parody

hehehe, you really wanted to say 'the The press' and you did it, you absolute madman!!

>all I can do is add more weight instead of making my body more mobile
Never going to make it. Even powerlifters can do shit like this easily. There's even a video series on youtubr where a gymnast got a powerlifter able to do advanced men's gymnastic moves in no time by training his body to be more mobile.

lol

OHP

>barbell row
>use legs, momentum, chest going down at the top of the row to meet the barbell
>curls with 'minor cheating'
>actually uses momentum like crazy and bends backward to finish reps

Why are you doing this to me

It's real
This guy basically said, fuck slow controlled reps it doesn't work.
(Can't find the video)

If youre not dyel,db bicep curls look pretty alpha to me.
Also,quads checked

Actually he has a point, to some extent.
If you plot the difficulty curve of an exercise and the force output for the same exercise, the more alike these curves are the more efficient the exercise is.
For instance, for a bench the difficulty peak would be at the bottom because of the position of your pecs, whereas the strength output peak is near the top of the bench (btw this is why half reps near the top are easier than half rep near the bottom).
You can see that your maximum strength input if not at all where the maximum difficulty is. A more efficient version of the bench would be to have a weight that is heavier near the top of the movement, where you are stronger, otherwise your force is wasted, kind of. That's why chains are good for the bp

Making the lift harder where you are stronger is one way to go. The other way to go is to make the lift easier where you are weaker. That's done by using momentum.

Take the example of the OHP. It's very similar to the bench in the sense that it's harder at the bottom of the lift, and you're stronger at the very top, passed the sticking point.
If you don't use momentum and you lift your max weight, you train optimally your muscles involved at the bottom of the lift, but not the ones involved more at the top.
Now you can use more than your max weight, and use momentum to make the first part of the lift easier. The momentum fades off near the top of the lift passed the sticking point. You can now use your full strength near the top of the ohp, which you couldn't do with a lighter weight.
That's why the push press can be effective, if you know what you're doing and have a specific goal in mind.

That being said, slower is usually better because you get more time under tension and I suspect that it also recruits your stabilizers more.

Do you mean The PressĀ® ?

This. OHP feels just simple and lame after you do a heavy jerk. Deadlift feels lame and unfinished when you do clean or a snatch.

Also some other exercises that need skill, like are on the top

Lol this guy does some retarded lifts but he still has a better body than me and he seems like a good enough guy I can't even be mad

Clean and strict press brah

Y-yes?

But looks retarded and all the grills do it so nah.

you're new to this, aren't you?