Front Squat vs Back Squat

Previously only done back squats.

Recently my friend convinced me to start doing front squats. I like to keep my workouts under an hour so I only have time for 3 sets of front squats and 3 sets of back squats.

Is it better to split my time between both lifts or should I focus on back squat more with more sets?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=uwLM5n-rYmA
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Forgot to mention, the whole routine isn't those six sets. There are other lifts that make it take up the full time.

3 hours of work out? Wtf do you do

If you want to make your time more efficient, just do back squats (high bar)

Not 3 hours, I work out for about 1 hour.

back squat is the important one. front squats are an optional assistance exercise unless you're an oly lifter.

I can only answer what works for me. After I switched from doing 5x5 back squats to doing 3x5 back squats and 3x5 front squats I've gained notably more mass to my legs.

Front squat benefits aren't worth the additional time it takes from back squats?

your quads probably got bigger, not "legs" in general. front squats hit the quads a bit harder at the expense of almost everything else.

It's easier to keep your back straight on front squats and you have to spend less energy balancing yourself on your way up so you should be able to lift more

All in all it doesn't offer more then back squats do, personally I feel like back squats hit the core more

Ah yes you're correct. Meant my quads.

If you deadlift, front squat

If not, back squat.

Or do whichever is more comfortable for you

Front squat is the most important movement to master and will help your gains in squat overall more than anything else. you should focus on front squat and use back squats intermittently to push your totals up.

front squats= form, balance, power, stabilizers
back squats= how much can you push up/retard strength measure

No if you are just a regular gymrat doing 3x / 1h sessions. HB squats already has the best of both worlds, FS and LB squat. FS helps to make the body stronger in a vertical position, and it transitions directly to clean. Back squat is better for overall leg strength.

You have no idea what you are talking about pls leave.
Front squats are noticably harder than back squats due to being more quad focused and not involving other muscle groups as much as the back squats thus rssulting in less lifted weight.

Do front squats actually work the core more?

Lads when front squatting I tend to lean forward just a bit although not as much as back squat, is this normal or is this a mobility issue? Anyway to fix this?

Y E S

E E

S E Y

Mobility issue. Check this vid youtube.com/watch?v=uwLM5n-rYmA

Have you done them?

My abs are fucking on fire when I'm done with a set, you need to actually use them,unlike the "using" abs in back squats and deadlifts

Not 100% sure on this since i dont relly front squat but i would assume that more forward lean results in more core activation thus meaning the front squat works the core less than highbar/lowbar back squat.

Front squats activate the core way more because in a back squat it's like a 25/75 split of core to back, but in a front squat it feels like 50/50 of core and back/hips. At least that's how I feel when I'm doing them.

I felt like they worked the core more but didn't want to ask a leading question.

I also appreciate the explanation on why they work core more than back squat.