/routine general/

Previous thread >gibe gibbs edition

Check out our new sticky!
>fitsticky.com/

>Novice Programs & Routine tips (Rep Ranges, Volume, Frequency, etc)
fitsticky.com/novice-programs/

>Intermediate Programs
fitsticky.com/intermediate-programs/

>How to perform the Main Lifts
fitsticky.com/how-to/

I'll be helping everyone as much as possible

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=_drttm5r66A
fitsticky.com/novice-programs
fitsticky.com/how-to
youtube.com/watch?v=XISJxsccN1E
fitsticky.com/intermediate-programs
fitsticky.com/texas-method
fitsticky.com/starting-strength
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1x0UIKUnymjIYeBmuLOFqd_8Mc-MP91niVT-gO0zUBSw/edit?usp=sharing
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

A:

3x5 squat
3x5 bench
3x10 pull up
3x8 close grip paused bench press
3x10 chin ups

B:
3x5 squats
1x5 deadlift
3x5 OHP
3x10 pull up
3x8 close grip paused bench press
3x10 chin ups

AxBxAxx etc etc

is it shit? what should i change?

do ohp after squats and before deadlifts

and don't do the same three accessory exercises every workout

Don't squat and dead on the same day, the fuck. Way too much volume on day B.

>and don't do the same three accessory exercises every workout

why not?

>Don't squat and dead on the same day

>what is startling strength
>what is stronglifts

Shit, forgot this board was full of autists

neck yourself my man

noob here

if i do SS but want to fit in cardio how do i adjust my diet? would i want to fit the cardio in on my off days (AcBcA etc)?

Ur not gonna be a newbie forever. Soon it's too taxing to do that.

So I am doing a split based on one of those fitsticky texas method routines. I am in week 4 of it and it has been going pretty great. Here is what it looks like:

A:
3x5 Bench Press
5x5 Overhead Press (80%)
3x8 Incline DB Press
3x8 Skull Crushers
3x8 DB Triceps Extensions
3x8 Lateral Raises

B:
3x5 Chin Ups
3x5 Barbell Rows (80%)
3x8 Rear Delt Flyes
3x8 Band Pull Aparts
4x8 Hammer Curls
4x8 Reg Curls

C:
3x5 Squat
5x3 Power Clean
3x5 Deadlift (80%)
3x8 Calf Raises
3x5 Hanging Leg Raises

X

D:
3x5 Overhead Press
1x5 Deadlift
3x5 Barbell Row
3x5 Squat (80%)
5x5 Bench Press (80%)

X

X

what were your squat and dl when you stopped doing that?

is that when you changed to an intermediate routine?

I'm doing Reg Park's routine.
I'm 64kg and have never lifted before.
Am I going to die?

FUCKING HELL... GOD FUCKING DAMNIT...
HOW THE FUCK CAN ONE BE ABLE TO DO LESS PUSH UPS THE MORE HE WORKS OUT?!?!?!?!
That shit is retarded guys I'm telling ya. Today it was chest day and I usually do pushups and bench dips, pretty basic stuff since I'm a beginner. But I've noticed that even though I workout consistently and do lots of cardio as well, I'm actually doing backwards progress on my pushups. Even now, 3 hours later, I'm extremely frustrated lads. In the beginning I wasn't doing DB Press and Incline DB Press because I felt like I would get injured, but now I feel like I can handle it without having bad form.
Anyways, is 4x10 DB Press, 4x10 Incline DB Press and maybe 4x10 Close Grip DB Press too much? See, the way I do my workouts consists of leg day, back and biceps day, and chest and triceps day, thus I'm afraid 3 press exercises in one day could fuck me up. Should I maybe do 3(or 4)x10 Tricep extensions instead, since it is an isolation exercise and my chest is already worked a lot with the previous 2 presses?

Alright homos.

I want to add some olympic lifting into my routine. Just for fun, to do something new in the gym and for the athletic factor, to develop some explosive strength.

but:
>don't have access to a proper gym:
>no bumper plates
>no platform
>barely any free space to lift
>obviously not allowed to drop weights

I got a few comments telling me to stick to hang cleans/snatches and clean/snatch pulls instead of the full lift, considering my inexperience and gym situation.
I initially wanted to keep Rows and Deadlifts, but there's enough pulling already.

So I came up with this routine, based off Greg Everett's Novice Routine from the sticky:

Week 1 / Week 2

Front Squat 5x3 / Back Squat 5x3
Clean Pull 5x3 / Snatch Pull 5x3
Calves, Abs 3-4xF

Military Press 5x5 / Snatch Push Press 5x5
Hang Snatch 3x3 / Hang Clean 3x3
Chinups/Pullups, Dips 3-4xF

Back Squat 3x5 / Front Squat 3x5
Snatch Balance 5x3 / Overhead Squat 5x3
Calves, Abs 3-4xF

Push Press 5x5 / Snatch Press 5x5
Hang Clean 3x3 / Hang Snatch 3x3
Pullups/Chinups, Dips 3-4xF

What should I do for progression? At least for squats and Presses, sth percentage-based might be useful.

Is this an acceptable modification of SS for people who don't want to squat and deadlift on the same day?

A

Squat 3x5
Bench 3x5
Power clean 5x3

B

Deadlift 1x5
Press 3x5
Chin-up 3x5

sure. though if you're a real novice (i.e. less than 4-6 months training) you should do SS as written.

Lifting for just over a year, but had a few breaks so my numbers are shit

100x5 squat
110x5 deadlift

(in kg)

What do?

Are you testing your pushups after your push workout?

Nonono. Up until now my push workout was 5xF Push Ups and 4xF Dips with just 5x20 sit ups for warmup. But I've noticed that I'm actually doing less reps as I "progress". So I decided to change to dumbbells.

I recommend squatting each session until,you reach the intermediate phase

What? im on advanced now and i still make good progress on it when bulking. maybe that's just what being a lean manlet is like tho

Why not front squats or lighter back squats on B?

>no bumper plates
>obviously not allowed to drop weights

youtube.com/watch?v=_drttm5r66A

>no platform

Just put rubber mats under the plates if needed.

>I got a few comments telling me to stick to hang cleans/snatches and clean/snatch pulls instead of the full lift, considering my inexperience and gym situation.

No.
Do Klokov's Drop Snatch/Clean/Jerk as drills and then do the full lifts.
Focus on learning and mastering the full lifts instead prioritizing accessories and partials.

You'll be fine, but I recommend starting with the initial phase of SS instead for at least 0.5-1 month. The higher frequency for the main lifts, the heavier weight increments, and the focus on the important stuff is gonna get you stronger a lot faster.
Switch to Reg Park's later.

And EAT
fitsticky.com/how-to

Looks fine to me, though I'd probably remove one or both of the triceps isolations on A. You're already doing 11 sets of triceps work with the bench, incline, and ohp.

Eat more.
Yes, do them on the off days.

Looks fine to me, but I'd recommend doing 3x3 or 3x5 for the paused bench instead of 3x8.
You're either just not gonna do any more pauses after the 5th rep, or you're just gonna use a weight that's too light.

You also don't need to do 6 sets of chin/pullup on every workout, specially since you're doing deadlifts on B.

Do the OHP before or after the squats on B. Don't do it after both the squat and deadlift, it's just gonna make it too hard to progress.

A:
5x20 Sit Ups
4x10 DB Press
4x10 Incline DB Press

B:
5xF Sit Ups
1xF Chin Ups
4x10 Incline Rows
4x10 Biceps Curls

C:
5xF Sit Ups
4x10 DB Step Ups (each leg)

AxBxCxAxBxCx...

With this I mainly want compound exercises since I'm a beginner, except from the biceps and triceps so I can get dem gunz. Is my chest&triceps workout OK or should I change something? The days that I workout have to stay the same, though.

A:
1x100 push-ups
1x100 sit-ups
1x100 squats
10 km run

AAAAAAA

Will this work for me, Veeky Forums?

too much squat volume.
86 is absolute max for a natty

> (You)
>Looks fine to me, though I'd probably remove one or both of the triceps isolations on A. You're already doing 11 sets of triceps work with the bench, incline, and ohp.

That makes sense. I am also thinking about switching out the 80% deadlift on leg day (C) and replacing it with Romanian deadlift

I'd recommend you go with something from fitsticky.com/novice-programs

You can just do RDLs with 80%.

My Chinups just wont improve.

Doing them 3xF on Monday/Friday on SS.

Stuck at 5 reps.

Are there any free weight alternatives?

The more I bulk the harder it gets to do em.

Weighted chinups 3x5

Trappy-chan:

I just want a simple mobility routine specifically for high bar squatting. Also something to fix lordosis and FAGS. Is there anything of the sort?

Also, I can help translate everything in the fitsticky website to Spanish for free. I know it's a work in progress and it's mostly meant for Veeky Forumsizens but still.

>Having trouble doing 3x5 body weight
>do 3x5 weighted user :^)
>I'm not autistic I promise

Been lifting for around 8 months, and I've been doing this:
AxBxAxxBxAxB...
A:
Bench 3x5 or 3x8
Squat: 3x5 or 3x8
Weighted Pull ups 3x5 or unweighted 3x10
Leg press 3x8
B:
Front Squat 3x3 or 3x5
Dead lift 1x5
Press 3x5 or 3x8
dips 3x10
cardio 2 or 3 times a week on rest days, 5k run or swimming usually.
However here's my problem, I'm making decent progress on all my lifts except squats, it's suck around 155 for 5 reps (high bar atg). Any suggestions on how to help me get my squat up? Also, I'm bulking this summer.

Yes, I've trained multiple people who were stuck on the chinups with weighted chinups.

Here's the deal: Let's say he weighs 90kg. He can do 5 reps with 90kg.
Do you think adding 2kg to that is gonna make him miss the fifth rep?
Unlikely, he can probably do 5 reps with 4kg or more even.

So he starts small and on every workout he increases the weight by a small increment (2kg at first, 1kg later on).

Give a month or so and he will be doing 3x5 with +-20kg easily.
Take the weight off and he will be able to do 3x12+ easily.

Progressive overload really is a magical thing, isn't it?

>I just want a simple mobility routine specifically for high bar squatting

90% of the problems are fixed with ankle stretching/mobility work and wearing weightlifting (heeled) shoes.
Most people prefer 2cm heels, but if you have bad mobility you can go with heels as high as you like. There are shoes sold with 2.5-3cm heels, and you can also add heel height with a cobbler (pic related).

For ankles, there's lots of stuff here youtube.com/watch?v=XISJxsccN1E

>Also something to fix lordosis

This requires physical examination. Better finding a professional.

>FAGS

Widen your stance if it's too narrow.
Angle your feet and shove your knees open when descending, so that the knees track over the toes (use a resistance band or something elastic around your knees if you have issues with this).
And do warmup sets. Don't skip them.

This fixes the issue 90% of the time.

If your tendons are currently inflamed, let them rest and cool off for a few days.

If you're 100% sure your knees are tracking over your feet and they're angled properly (post vid), and you're still having issues with this, then start stretching your posterior chain and hip rotation.

or do more/variations

is there anything worse than a dumb faggot?

t-spine mobility is crucial

After I started foam rolling and mobilizing my t-spine, I could finally high bar squat properly

I've started benching 3x a week. I'm trying to increase my strength on it. Whats the best way to periodize it? I'm 135x5 atm and I'm doing a classic full body routine 3x a week. I'm not doing anything else for chest/tri/anterior delts other than bench. I'm doing 3 sets of 5 reps of bench. I'm thinking maybe I should up it to 5x5 and do two days 80%, one day full effort/ week. Full effort day being the day after the 2days in a row rest I get.

Yes, there are many solutions to a problem.
I gave one example. Doesn't mean it's the only solution.

If kg just start a program for intermediate lifters.
fitsticky.com/intermediate-programs

If lbs, start eating more (if you can't or don't want to, lower amount or frequency of cardio).

How much do you bench and what's your bodyweight?

If you're not too advanced, you can just use a TM model.
A: Bench 5x5 using 80-90% of your 5RM
B: Spoto Bench 3x3-5 with 2-4s pauses using 70-75%
C: Bench 1-3x5 adding +1-2kg
AxBxCxx

For accessories, something like cable crossovers on A or B and dips on C.
When it starts getting hard to progress on C, do the rep cycle described on fitsticky.com/texas-method

Thanks, forgot put 155lbs.

What's your view on GZCL and GZCLP?

Am I missing out on anything by doing hybrid squats?

I am doing StrongLifts and am 5'9" and 123lbs, how much weight should I gain each week to keep up with the program?

37487484 (you)
I bench 135x5 and my bodyweight is 161lbs. I'm so weak I think I should be able to progress simpler before needed to add a lot. Still think I should do it exactly the way you said?

I have a question related to the SS program. I have lurked for a while and read that the number one issue with SS is people claiming that it left their upper body comparatively weaker than their lower body and that the best remedy for that is to add curls. I also assumed that triceps and calves would be left out as well. So after how many weeks of following the program (assuming I would start after cleans and weighted chin ups are added) should those 3 exercises be added, and on which days?

1) Chinups should be enough for biceps, but add some curls on the day you don't do them if you really want to

2) Triceps get plenty of work in SS. Don't worry, Bench and Press both hit them well enough.

3) Don't even bother with calves lmao

Also, make sure you're squatting with good form.
Post vid if you have it and want some feedback.

Candito style?
No.

>I am doing StrongLifts

Switch to a better program
fitsticky.com/starting-strength

>how much weight should I gain each week to keep up with the program?

No such thing.
Read the fitsticky.com/novice-programs page for more info.

No, do the bench routine from this instead docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1x0UIKUnymjIYeBmuLOFqd_8Mc-MP91niVT-gO0zUBSw/edit?usp=sharing
Just click on the Bench 3x tab at the bottom.

And read the "Getting stuck and getting unstuck" section on fitsticky.com/novice-programs

See fitsticky.com/starting-strength

Just a programming style. Nothing magical. Works for some people, doesn't work for others.

I personally don't like it much because it doesn't have much frequency or volume for the main lifts, and focuses too much on accessories.

Trappy

Doing ULxULxx from novice sticky. Any advice on other accessories to add? feel like i can handle a bit more volume. Been training 3.5 months.

Thinking some incline dumbell and facepulls on upper, and some calf raises and back off DL sets on lower day. how does that sound?

BW: 85 kg
Bench: 3x5 90 kg
Squat: 3x5 95 kg (torn acl giving issues here)
DL: 1x5 120 kg
OHP: 3x5 53,5 kg

When I hit parallel at squat, my back starts to/is trying to round (maybe even few °before parallel).
Should I put small plates under my heels or is this not correct solution?

Fix your form

Brace your core

>When I hit parallel at squat, my back starts to/is trying to round (maybe even few °before parallel).

Post vid

>Should I put small plates under my heels or is this not correct solution?

That usually fixes a lot of issues. It will probably fix yours. I can't tell without seeing a video though.
But yes, try it out.

>Thinking some incline dumbell and facepulls on upper

Facepulls are fine, but I'd leave the incline db bench out. You're already doing a lot of benching and OHPing on both days.

>and some calf raises and back off DL sets on lower day

That's fine.

lmao is that guy 4 feet tall?
just joined thread for that

He's 164cm 83kg class

GZCL has main lifts two times a week if you want, and accessories are only very high when you're advanced. It's also very flexible where it leats you choose freely which accessories to do so you can focus on your weaknesses and just general training.

Was real obese and did SS for a few months, lost 40lbs now but still fatty. I feel as if arms are not up to standard, what do to better my arms and still get that niceu weight loss?

I know, I was just talking about my personal preference.
The program is fine.

See fitsticky.com/starting-strength

(pt. 1)

This might be fucking retarded, oh well:

I was trying to create my own program, drawing good principles from many different programs and combining them to create someting unique (at least from what I've seen).

Basically, I was going to start off with either PPLxFxx or just simply ULxULxx to take advantage of high frequency (at least two times per week per muscle group. this is what the literature seems to agree on) and 2-3 rest days.
I really like ULxULxx so I'll start off with that, but either one works I guess.

For the main lifts, I wanted a decent amount volume. Not Sheiko-high, but still a fair amount. I figured Greg Nuckols Advanced Programs for each main lift fit this purpose perfectly and I just love the rep schemes and progressions. So these programs will be my base.
Since I wanted high frequency for the lift, I figured I'd include all the mainlifts for each appropiate day (upper/lower) but with volume and/or exercise variations, like Texas Method. This would have my squatting, deadlifting, pressing and benching for volume and intensity 2 times a week, which just seems optimal.
Finally I added placeholders for accessories. I like to base these off of my weak points, like GZCL and Candito does it, and many others, but generally I'd stick with the same accessories for a month or so before switching. These are also for hypertrophy and general fitness.

So here's a rough draft. The > arrows indicate the weekly progression. The second rep scheme for the main lifts are sometimes done with the same weight, sometimes with another (this is better laid out in nuckols program)

(pt. 2)

Upper A:
Bench Press 4x5 80% > 2x5 80% > 3x3 85% > 5x3 70%
Bench Press 2x3 85% > 4x3 85% > 3x1 90%
OHP or OHP Variation/Auxiliary 1x12 > 1x10 > 1x8
OHP or OHP Variation/Auxiliary 3x8-10 > 4x6-8 > 5x5-6
4th week only (lines up with deload week of Bench): OHP new 1RM
[Some sort of Horizontal/Vertical Back work, not sure here yet]

Lower A:
Squat 5x5 80% > 4x3 85% > 3x1 90% > 1x1 new 1RM
Deadlift Variation/Auxillary 2x6 > 3x6 > 5x5 > 1x1 new 1RM

Upper B:
Overhead Press 4x5 80% > 2x5 80% > 3x3 85% > 5x3 70%
Overhead Press 2x3 85% > 4x3 85% > 3x1 90%
Bench or Bench Variation/Auxiliary 1x12 > 1x10 > 1x8
Bench or Bench Variation/Auxiliary 3x8-10 > 4x6-8 > 5x5-6
4th week only (lines up with deload week of OHP): Bench new 1RM
[Some sort of Vertical/Horizontal Back work, not sure here yet]

Lower B:
Deadlift 1x5 > 1x5 +2.5-5kg > 1x5 +2.5-5 kg > 4x3 30% lighter
Deadlift 2x3 > 3x3 > 4x3
Squat Variation/Auxillary 1x8 > 1x5 > 1x3 > 1x1
Squat Variation/Auxillary 3x5-6 > 3x3-4 > 3x1-2

Thanks, I'll wait and see how chin ups do before bothering to add anything. What works out triceps though? I'm not using close grip for bench or OHP so it's more back and chest, right?

I'm a little let down trappy, I've lurked for a while and the one time I ask you a question, you don't answer anything and instead send me a link to the program I already stated I was doing.

videos on how to use hip drive in bench press?

Looks interesting.

If you had checked the link you'd see it answers your questions.

You mean leg drive?
See vid related.

>Why not front squats or lighter back squats on B?

Why?

I'm not dismissing the idea; I want to know the reasoning before I decide whether or not to do them.

Love this set up, people always stare at the gym though.

This is my 5/3/1 Routine.
Week 1 = 5x5 / Week 2 = 5/4/3 / Week 3 = 5/3/1 / Week 4 = Deload

Chest/
Bench
Military press 4x8
Incline bench 5x6
Flies 3x8-12
Close Grip 5x6-12
Skull Crushers 3x8

Legs/
Squats
Leg press 3x8-12
Leg Curls 4x8
Seated Calf Raises 3x12
Core exercises

Shoulders/
OHP
Behind the head press 5x5-8
DB bench 4x8
Arnie Press 3x8
Lat Raises 3x12

Back/
Dead Lifts
Pull ups / Chin ups 3x10
Romanian Deads 3x10
Preacher Curls 3x10
Face Pulls 3x12

Focusing on the 4 main lifts and just doing mid/light weight accessories.

I've already read that page multiple times, all it says is that you can add them but not to let them interfere with the main lifts. That answers approximately 0 of my questions. I asked for thoughts on people's common critique of how SS leaves some muscles weaker, if I should add extra exercises, and if so which days would be best. Stop shilling your own website and actually answer a question.

I always hear on theses threads that stronglifts is a bad routine, why?

Higher frequency and volume (when comparing these options)
=
More muscle growth, CNS adaptation, technique improvement
=
Easier progression

>if I should add extra exercises, and if so which days would be best

It's
literally
in
the
page.
Pic related.

why no rows

hi

2 questions

1. Is trappy chan a trap?

2. How can I fuck trappy?

a
squat 5-8x2
barbell curls 4x8
close grip bench 5x5 ramping
grip stuff 2 sets

b
bench 5-8x2
pulldowns 4x8
grip 2 sets

c
high incline seated press 5-8x2
rack pull5x8-2
hanging leg raises 2x20

question:

I am 2 months into SS, and sometimes my glutes/hamstrings are too sore to squat every workout. What do?

heres my routine

A
Squat 3X5
Bench 3X5
DL 1X5
Dips 2X10

B
Squat 3X5
Pendlay Rows 3X5
OHP 3X5
Chinups 2X10

I have noticed that taking either a break from squats or doing lighter squats (basically just the warmup weights), my squatting abilities vastly improve on the next workout.

1.) Trappy chan is a trap
2.) You have to go to Brazil and based on her posts I think you have to be Klokov to actually fuck trappy

>her

PPL - Tryna B Aesthetic

all exercises will say 4 x 8 but sometimes i reach muscle failure within 6 - 8 reps. my goal is to reach 8 with perfect form and then increase the weight.

Shoulder External Rotation on cables 4 x 8( this is for shoulder stability more than aesthetics i like to warm up doing it)
Bench Press - 4x8
OHP - 4x8
Weighted Dips +55lbs 4x8 (usually have to lower the weight on the third set to 45)
Shoulder abduction machine( dont know the name but its for the 3d DELTS) 4 x 8
Skull Crushers - 4x8
Flys - 4x8
declined bench press 4 x 8
shoulder abduction on cables(bilateral if i can get both or unilateral if only 1 side available) 4 x 8
Tricep extension using rope on cables4x8

--------------------------------------------------------------------

Lat pulldowns - 4x8
Wide rows - 4x8
curls with bar - 4x8 (currently at 90lbs for 3 sets then go down to 80 for the last 1)
Close rows - 4x8
hammer curls - 4x8
pullups - 4 x 6-8
reverse curls - 4x8
D2 extension on cables 4 x 8
(I work forearms this day)
wrist curl with bar behind back 4 x 8
wrist extension with bar 4 x 8
wrist curl with free weights 4 x 8
wrist extension with free weights 4 x 8

Squats - 4 x 8
smith machine unilaterally 4 x 8
hip adduction machine 4 x 8
lunges 4 x 8 (using 90lbs bar)
hip abduction machine 4 x 8
deadlifts 4 x 8
lumbar extension with weight 4 x 8

Rest days i work out abs and take a light 30 minute walk.

Muscle soreness is an indicator that the muscle is still damaged and repairing

This is WRONG.
WRONG.

NEVER POST ON THIS THREAD AGAIN.

>citation

so...

what should I do? take squats off A or B? or something else? I am seeing decent gaynes

Literally just google it you fucking retard

DELAYED ON-SET MUSCLE SORENESS

DELAYED

IT DOES NOT INDICATE CURRENT STATE

That's not what the post is saying you fucking imbecil.

>I am 2 months into SS, and sometimes my glutes/hamstrings are too sore to squat every workout. What do?

I never replied to that post you fucking imbecile

I replied to this retard saying muscle soreness is an indication of current state of repair and damage.
IT'S NOT

>citation

google.com

Lol moron cites a search engine because he has nothing.

LITERALLY TWO SECONDS ON GOOGLE.

DO IT FAGGOT.

Trappy is a girl

with a feminine benis

I've been lifting for about 3 months but been victim of general retardation by not following any good programming and just doing whatever. I'm looking to basically hit restart on my training with a good routine and was wondering which would be better, SS or Reg Parks beginner?

I prefer reg parks, but the gist of things is that any decent beginners program will get the job done.

Any linear progression-style program will give you roughly the same results in the same amount of time, with slight differences in strength and aesthetics depending on the accessories. Many people would argue that the Wrist Work and Calf Raises are a waste of time for a novice, but they hardly ever limit your recovery so if you have the extra time it's fine to do them, just realize that they are very inefficient exercises.

Reminder that with the advice you're taking here, you will be squatting every time you go in the gym.
Then you'll come back in a month or two and cry about how your squats are great but your bench and upper body in general are lagging behind and also look shit, and you can't figure out why.

Is it Reg Park's? Why it modified?

Taking the exemplar Texas Method routine from the site, how would I swap out rows for power cleans (rep scheme, different accessories etc)?

I enjoy power cleans ways more than rows so would rather do them instead.

I took advice from here and now my bench has the highest Wilks of my three lifts...

>wilks

That's for the small and weak to feel better about themselves. That's like boasting about a 2xbodyweight squat when you only weigh 40kg.

Is 5xF(goal is 20) Sit Ups a good core workout and warm up? I do it every time I workout as my first exercise.

Except you're wrong (again). Pic related.

Seems fine, but I'd do it at the end.
Main lifts first, accessories later.

If you do it as warmup, lower the sets and don't go to failure.

Rows and Power Cleans are completely different types of lifts

Rows (horizontal pulls) are in the same category as pullups/chinups (vertical pulls) or stuff like cable rows (horizontal pulls)

Power Cleans (floor pulls) are in the same category as deadlifts (floor pulls)

If you wanna do Power Cleans, then add them and adjust the floor pulling volume.
If you don't wanna do rows, just leave it out, or substitute for another type of horizontal/vertical pull.

SS (phase 1) if you never did strength training before.
Reg Park if you've started strength training for at least a month or so.
SS (phase 3-3+) if you've started strength training for at least a month or so.

The point is that phase 1 of SS has the fastest progression and start of any program out there, and the highest frequency for the main lifts.

Soreness doesn't mean anything.
If it's pain, find out what your issue is before working out.
If it's muscle soreness, go workout. It will go away during the warmup sets.

>I have noticed that taking either a break from squats or doing lighter squats (basically just the warmup weights), my squatting abilities vastly improve on the next workout.

Rip suggests light squats on wednesday if the trainee prefers it.

1) I'm mtf
2) Are you in London?

>If you do it as warmup, lower the sets and don't go to failure.
Maybe 4x10 then?

2 sets @RPE 7-8

Do the rest of sets to failure if you want after you're finished with the main stuff.

but are 2x8 enough for warmup? I mean, I lift dumbbells, but I still feel like I should do a good warmup

Do warmup sets for the main lifts?

The point of warming up is simply getting some blood flowing and literally getting warm (and preparing your body to handle heavier weights, but that's done with ramping warmup sets for the main lifts, not with warmup drills or different exercises).
You're not supposed to exhaust yourself during warmups. You're supposed to save as much energy as you can and build up as little lactic acid as you can for the actual work sets.