Do you push yourselves to the limit at gym?

Do you push yourselves to the limit at gym?

I started going to gym with my 2 friends last week. One is strongfat doing mostly abs and arms workout, other one is skelly who does only isolation arms exercises during entire duration. He will do like 15 different exercises for shoulders, bi's tri's. I am doing SS. Everytime we go I am finished first. It takes around 1 hour to be done with everything.
(I never take more than 10 minutes with one exercise).
But when I come to them and ask how much they have they just tell me im fucking skinny as fuck and i should work out most of us all and they literally train to such exhaustion that they are not able to lift bottles to their mouths to drink after training. Meanwhile I'm progressing my SS, (went from 50kg squat to 65, deadlift 50 to 80, bench 30 to 40). I thought this was good progress for 5 sessions? But after each workout im nowhere near as tired as they are. Are they right? Should I workout I cannot anymore?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=9D-QD_HIfjA
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Stay the course, pal.

you should train heavy

What does that mean? I am training heavy, I'm lifting as heavy weight as I can, but do I have to do endless repetitions until im wasted?

bumping

dubs of truth

SS will soon get hard enough, treat this time as a preparation and training of good form

Why do you think they know what they're talking about? Ones a skelly and ones a fatass. They obviously haven't done any research but YOU have. You know what you're doing. when they say shit to you just laugh it off. You can add some stuff to the end of SS if you want but the consistent progressive loading of SS is measurable strength gains. What they're doing is stupid.

It is hard for me, but I would say reasonably hard. Like I struggle with every last rep, but It never tires me so much im not able to move for 5 minutes.

I do add stuff. I do my 3 primary lifts first, then do some abs, arms, calves.. it really varies but I always add stuff to my primary lifts.

not being able to move for 5 minutes after training sounds retarded senpai

no, i go for frequency over intensity.

i'd rather take it somewhat easier and maybe delay getting results, but avoid burning out after a month.

been lifting while cutting for 2 years, still got a ways to go :(

You're doing good then man. Just keep adding weight and getting stronger. Don't listen to what they're saying. If you feel like you can handle more than add some more. Working to the point of absolute exhaustion is just stupid. You don't gain more muscle by doing 100000 sets. Each set has diminishing returns

Replace the "time or engineering effort" axis with "Sets" and the y axis with "muscle gains". That's the general idea

Forgot to add image

This.
If they are pushing themselves this hard (which realistically they won't be) it's undoubtedly not going to end well.
Constantly training to such fatigue will severely detriment form and will always lead to injuries; just keep working hard, keep up with progressive overloading over time, and keep posting these high test pics.

You'll be stronger than them in no time, just keep going.

Why listen to those idiots who haven't done a moment of research?

Its not a contest in masochism. Trying hardest and making yoirself puke doesn't get you a medal. Its abkut what works. And starting strength as described in his book is extremely effective.

And trust us. After a few more weeks it'll be very, very difficult.

SS is a strength routine, not a hypertrophy one. If you want to get big asap, it is not the best choice.

>this.
When I started with SS I had days where I needed to sit down after a workout for 10 minutes to not vomit. It will get very hard when you notice how far you can push yourself mentally and physically. Just keep progressing brah your gonna make it.

If you're doing SS, I'm assuming your want to be stronger. If your goal is to be stronger, you shouldn't be doing more than 5 reps. If you can do more than 5 reps, the weight isn't heavy enough.

But in any case, I don't think your friends have a plan, or have used good advice. I wouldn't listen to them.

You have only done 5 sessions. After 50 sessions, it will be a different story.

>not pushing it to the limit while listening to
youtube.com/watch?v=9D-QD_HIfjA
>in everything you do
never gonna make it, if you're gonna shit push it to the limit.
if you're going to pet your dog, dog better be ready for the limit.

I dont really want to get big. I only want to get...well normal. I weigh 60kg, and I will be content with 75. And SS involves legs and that's one part I want to focus on, because I have fucking toothpick legs.

Thank you all for advices. I will just continue ignoring them.

Good choice

Just a warning, by the time you get to 75 you will not want to be 75 anymore. It never ends. You'll never be content anymore
>someone help me

Don't worry, you're doing fine.

Not all of the exercises of SS are really cardio intensive. Likewise, deadlift and squat, at least in my experience, didn't take a lot out of me until I started hitting bigger numbers.

That girl is going to get a yeast infection.

This desu senpai

Started at ~55 and I just hit 75 and I feel smaller than ever.

Starting a cycle of test/tren soon because now I want at least another 15kilos.

Doing squat is literally exhausting now at 2.5pl8

all these girls about to get yeast infections from this sweet dick

>implying 75 kg isn't tiny
unless you guys are women, twinks, or traps

75kg would look absolutely normal at my height. I dont want to look like a meathead, just like a normal person and not a skeletor.

how tall?

>implying I don't identify as gender neutral
Stop rape-oppressing me with your hateful binary pronouns

FWIW this is what I look like as of 3ish weeks ago at 5'11 and ~75kilos.

Decently flattering angle though. Normally I don't look quite as full. Like I said I'm shooting for another 10-15kilos

170cm
>inb4 manlet

Woah, then 75kg might be even too much for me.

same height as me desu senpai

okay but seriously though, what do people mean when they say "train hard?"

i thought the way you trained is "if you can't lift this you shouldn't yet, to avoid injury" and to NOT push yourself too hard. how are you guys eking out that extra mile

I usually try to push myself to the ultimate limit of physics.

At your height >~70kilos would look fantastic to basically anyone but Veeky Forums IMHO.

The 'issue' although I'd never call it as such, is you always end up wanting more once you near your goal

going to failure on everything

yeah but isn't that a retarded thing to do

i hit every muscle twice a week and usually go to absolute failure (drop sets) on the 2nd session considering I'll have 3 days of rest after that. with that said my routine isn't made by a professional or anything so just stick to ur SS and keep progressing, u'll surpass ur curlbro friends eventually and they'll be mirin

This only happens when you're not eating enough.

yes

but it's good sometimes, for like the last set of hypertrophy isolation shit like curls

You don't train until failure, you train until you lose form and are close to failure. Imagine you're doing 5 reps and slightly lose form on the 4th, when doing the 5th you struggle and expect you won't be able to do the 6th without failure - that's a perfect set.

You're not at the point of heavy lifting where your CNS gets fatigued enough from SS. When I started to hit 100kg squat and DL I was beat after every session.

OP my gf had the same doubts when I started training her after being sold on cardio her whole life. We would get done and she would be confused like it wasn't long enough in the gym and she didn't feel exhausted enough. After a couple months her progress was far enough she didn't feel that way anymore and enjoyed the shorter time window at the gym. A year into it she had major results and had completely transformed. Now she's sleeping with different guys all the time.