Veeky Forums

Veeky Forums
Do you count the weight of both sides of the bar or only the weight on one side?

For example:
>Pic related. Is he benching 45+45= 90lbs or just 45lbs?

Google it

45 + 45 + 45 (for the bar itself) = he is benching 135lbs

this

The bar (45 unless its non standard or a womans bar), and bothplates, so 45+45+45=135,

45+45=90lbs

45 is a plate.

so he is pressing 2 plates or 90lbs.

you count the weights, not the bar

so he's benching 45+45=90

I don't count any weight at all, I do pushups user :^)

Don't listen to all these trolls lol.

Just add the two plates up mate, that's the amount you lift.

There's a reason people say "2plate squat" rather than "2plate and the bar squat"

He's only benching onepl8 you fucking newnigger

these are correct

You count what you lift

total weight

if you want to state the weight you just calculate the weight, anything else would be retarded

HOWEVER, if you want to talk about lmaoplate, you only count the plate on 1 side, so in your pic he is benching lmao1pl8 or 135 lbs

That means 200lbs. you fatass

He's clearly only lifting one plate, OP. He's benching 45 (plate) + 45 (bar) =90 lbs. Don't listen to the trolls here.

Depends who you are talking to. If you are speaking in plates then only count one side but if you are talking lbs then do the entire weight and for God sake dont count the bar it just makes you sound weak. We know the bar weighs 45lbs and will account for that.

>counting 1 plate + the bar

45+45=90 ("1 plate")

he is lifting

> 20kg (left) + 20kg (right) + 20kg (bar) = 60kg

or

> 45lbs (left) + 45 lbs (right) + 45 lbs (bar) = 135lbs.

He is lifting 1pl8.

When giving the weight as a number in kg or lbs, you always add up everything and put it into the final number; all plates + the bar.

When giving the # of plates, you always just give the number of plates on one side of the bar. So

> 1pl8 = 60kg = 135lbs
> 2pl8 = 100kg = 225lbs
> 3pl8 = 140kg = 315lbs
etc.

nice b8 m8

I'm coming to this board daily for 3 years now and i see this thread every single day

Addendum: kg/lbs conversions are not entirely exact here, since a 45lbs plate is not exactly 20kg, and a 20kg plate is not exactly 45lbs.

100kg is really more like 220kg, and 225lbs is really more like 102kg. But generally, who cares.

>100kg is really more like 220kg

k

>Addendum

kys homo

no bait. Go to youtube and search for "1pl8 squat", "2pl8 squat", "1pl8 bench", "2pl8 deadlift" et cetera

lel, had a brain prolapse as I was writing that

> 100kg is really more like 220lbs, and 225lbs is really more like 102kg. But generally, who cares.

But then I couldn't keep sucking that sweet sweet jizz out of throbbing cocks

I count the bar because I'm pretty sure the ones at my gym are about 33 freedom units rather than 45.

>I count the bar

>I count the total weight of what im lifting

do the fucking maths fgt

Epic troll dude xD

Seriously OP, don't fall for that.

1 plate = 90lbs

this is hilarious

>200 pounds is fat
Spot the DYEL manlet

Well think about it. One plate on each side is 45+45=90 lbs. The bar doesn't count. Have you ever tried benching it? it feels weightless!

1 plate = 135 lbs fucking retard

DYEL?

Dude a standard bar is 45lbs? It feels like 25 at least but its long as fuck so Im assuming the weight is spread out.

>Counting the weight
Fucking DYELs i swear to god...
Just throw some weights on the bar and lift that shit.

Next thing youll tell me is that youre so autistic that you NEED to have the exact same weight on either side of the bar...
Fucking summer, when will it end?

You count all the weight so 135lbs.
But you only count one side for plates, so he is benching one plate.
2 plates equals 225lbs

You guys are dyel as fuck

(You)

>he counts the plates

Since they're on opposite sides they cancel out

Why is he benching all the way up to his chin

did someone say HIGH NOON?

Nah he's benching 135

None of my friends and I even call the ultimates by their actual name. We all just start screaming "HIGH NOON" and take cover or "FIRE IN THE HOLE" and scatter.

Do you guys measure each other's dicks?

Prob because he's incline benching. It's still a little high though.

This is the correct answer, and everyone else is a faggot.

Sometimes, yea.