Giving back to Veeky Forums

Dear Veeky Forums,
I just want to say thank you for helping me turn my life around. I've been on Veeky Forums for 4-5 years, and have been lifting (mostly* consistently) for 2.5 years. This is my first time back on Veeky Forums in maybe 8 months or so, but I'm happy to be back. Looking at all the threads...things have only slightly changed. There's a lot of misinformation and stupidity still out there, and I'd love to help give back. I guess you could call this a QTDDTOT thread, but there's already one.
Feel free to ask about health, lifting, nutrition, my journey, or anything on the matter, related or not. I will red pill you on it, rather than just the typical Veeky Forums jargon that may or may not be true. Thanks again for changing the trajectory of my life.

If this thread takes off, I will also post many infographs that I've accumulated.

can i get pics though?? also welcome back

Give me a few minutes...

Gonna post a lot from my iPod here. Here's my before pic.
I was probably 5'9, 185lbs.

cmon and post

This angle does me no justice. At all. But now I'm 6'0, 190, ~16% bf

Which method did you find most effective for cutting? Starting to think 1000 cal deficits aren't working for my body.

I'm posting from 2 devices. It sick.

Depends on your current weight. 1000 is definitely too much though, unless you're morbidly obese, or don't care about wasting away like a holocaust survivor. Stick to 500 cal deficit. It's slow, but that's the key. Make it a lifestyle, not a crash diet that willale you rebound.

I just took it slow; day by day. One day at a time. Does that answer your question?

Pic unrelated

Anyone have a request? I've got nutrition, lifting, routines, cardio, a lot of motivation, and other images.

Any lurkers?

This'll be my last one unless someone requests more.

lurkin

moar pls

Glad you guys are here.

lurking brah
keep posting

give us your knowledge

Requests?

Hey you; fatso! You can change.

thanks for this user

Been here lurking for about 3 yrs now. Thanks op

request for stretching/mobility OP

"What comes around comes around"-
-Jason Genova

I'll see what I can do

Do you have these readable or a source?

Aww shit! Sorry. I didn't know. Unfortunately I have no sauce.

was just about to post something like this.
>tfw you finally made it

Thank you, this is perfect

I searched all over the place. I have no more stretching things (I was never big on those to begin with). Google is your friend for stretching info graphs. This is the closest thing I have, but it is very beneficial and definitely Veeky Forums approved.

> still an autist, but confident.
> mired often
Feels okay man.

This reminds me, I've got some "alpha" behavior stuff if yall want it. It's tough for me to view them before seeing, but here I think is an example.

thanks!

Found a stretch image!

Unrelated, follow ianbmccarthy (yes, coath Macthey) on snapchat. He has good advice in short form.

Ill post a few motivation pics

Supplements
What are you taking?

How do you suggest someone cuts? More than 1 pound a week or nah? Ive lost 30 lbs since january but lost some strength as well which i assume means im not getting enough protein

Just like everyone says, pretty much everything is bullshit. We all go through that beginner phase where GNC shills you into buying some crazy test booster or something. It's all bunk. I don't even use whey anymore. Use whey if you're a vagitarian or are protein deficient. Normal people don't need it, just be conscious of the food you're eating. It's not necessary unless you're going to compete in a show or need at extra 1% edge. That bein said, I use micronized creatine monohydrate (I recommend a German brand like Creapure because they have better supplement standards over there). I also use a preworkout occasionally. C4 specifically. Don't take a whole scoop. Just carb up beforehand if you can, and take 1/4 scoop. I've only bought one 30serving tub before, and its like halfway gone after about a year. Any other question?

It really depends on what works for you, which you'll figure out eventually.I know you hate to hear that (Like I did) but that's just how it is. I didn't do any fancy keto diet or IF, but some people like it--more power to them. I recommend sticking to -500cal/wk. Unless you're very obese, a pound per week is a good pace. I didn't even count cals very closely. Be smart about your nutrition and follows scoobys three rules for weight loss:
1) move a bit more
2) eat a bit less
3) drink more water
Obviously increase fiber and protein for satiation. Expect to lose just a bit of strength when cutting, more so if you're cutting even more cals. But too drastic of a cut will make you lose muscle. Does that help?

Speaking of scooby...

thanks for the infographics

I have mobility issues in squatting and deadlift. Im forced to put a 5lb plate under the heel to preform a proper squat. Any suggestions on a fix to this? And suggestions on cutting? How much per week etc

Not sure what this image is...

It could just be your bone structure. I have the same issue. Try to stretch everyday. Use info graphs or YouTube videos. Also, if you plan on doing this for the long term, invest $70 in PL shoes. I use them all the time for squats. *I realize i said -500cal/wk* it shoild be at most -500cal/day (hope thats clarified) should be a good cut. Don't rush it. Take it day by day. It's a slow process. Remember that a pound of fat is 3500cals.

CORRECTION: Up to 500cal/day deficit. Lose less strength with a small cut though.

I have a bit of belly fat still but am 6'4 at 95/100kgs (havent weighed myself in a while). Should i bulk now or continue cutting

5lbs of muscle vs 5lbs of fat

How long haw you been lifting? What's your program? BF% estimate? I agree with Omar Isuf who recommends your first year of lifting should be just bulking. But dot get caught up in the cut/bulk meme. Just recompostion. Maybe go on a very small deficit or a small surplus. If you're still a rookie, you'll gain muscle and lose fat. But gimme some more info brah.

I recommend everyone check out Scoobys website scoobysworkshop.com

He has calorie calculators and many good resources to utilize.

Very Veeky Forums

Remember that although nutrient timing isn't very important, there's some credibility towards this:

Its better to have carbs earlier in the day, and protein later in the day. Don't become autistic about this, but its just something to keep in mind. It's not a big deal though, honestly.

Thanks for the answer
Couple if friends suggested that I should try amino acids or BCAA glutamine. Have you ever try them or amino fell into the proper nutrition category?

Please don't. It won't help you. i guarantee it. If you were going to complete in the Olympia or a physique show, then it *may* help you get the
5% edge, but it really is not worth it.

This info graph is from Veeky Forums by the way. It's not really Veeky Forums

not OP but here u go:

Creatine is one of the only worthwhile supplements. It's a nootropic as well as an athletic aid.

Fish oil is really great for your joints

5htp might help your mood (by helping your body produce serotonin)

almost everyone should take vit D and vit b12

I almost forgot; you guys will likely appreciate this too. These supplements are legit. Arginine will keep you pumped up longer, and will make cardio slightly easier. It's a vasodilator

this pic is gold, I never liked running so much (prefer swimming) and this is why, I do it completely wrong

Allow me to find some others...or at least one

don't forget the roids

More sexual supplement stuff

Thanks for the input lads

Likely. I remember people making that statement when I first saved it. I think he was a tripfag by the name of OCB. Wonder if he's still around.

Amazing thread guys. Will make sure I share those infographs to other anons when they need help! Thank you very much.

Everyone please save these and share ttem with the world. I've had these all to myself for too long.

It makes me happy that I'm helping you out. Any requests my friend? I still have a dozen or two solid images left.

Also, feel free to add me on snapchat. I'd be happy to answer any Qs that I can at any time.

thelatsbrah96

I recommend the natty way, but here's this. Remember that health and fitness is more of a journey rather than a destination.

DAMN, I'VE BEEN LOOKING FOR THIS IMAGE SINCE 2012

Heh. Yeah I only remember ever seeing it once; made sure to grab it.

neat, thanks brother

I think this is old DNP stuff. No idea if its still relevant.

Military quotas