What did he mean by this?

What did he mean by this?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=hwX39nyR-h4
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Running is for pussies. Real men stay and fight.

Wrestling > Running

>yfw he will never straddle your face and crush your head with his sweaty thighs

Because in ancient Greece these activities were done naked. So running was like solo masturbation while wrestling was closer to gay sex.

He meant he enjoys watching two sweaty, naked men grapple each other and roll around in the dirt

I don't agree, I've got boxing training and actively run marathons. I'd love to see any high school or college wrestler catch me first off, and then beat my striking game which is undeniably top notch

How many matches have you fought?
If yes at what level?

>he hasn't seen inoki vs ali

gymnastics literally translates to 'naked tumbling'

Yeah, people who don't know how to ground game do great in MMA where every fight is like a boxing match. Make sure you unsheathe your katana before you teleport behind him.

Well, Socrates was a semi professional wrestler, so I'm going to say he is a bit biased

So you practice running slowly and somehow think that translates into running fast?

If a wrestler caught you, he would literally rape you in the ass. You would have no chance. None at all.

And why are you such a pussy? Shouldn't you be running at the wrestler if you're such a great fighter? Kek.

cardio a shit

"Cardio kills gains" - Socrates

You're an idiot he would obviously run in circles around the wrestler until the wrestler got tired of watching the guy run in circles around him and the wrestler would pass out from weariness

Done. Everybody go home.

>boxer
>no ground game
>thinks he could beat a wrestler

my sides

>wrestler
>low endurance
>no defense against striking
>thinks he could beat a good boxer / runner

my sides

>wrestler
>low endurance
Hahaha this is where we stop responding to you because you're functionally retarded, Rocky.

kek'd

Get a load of this faggot.

He said runners compared to wrestlers. Not boxers who run compared to wrestlers.

Also they would choke your lank ass out if you didnt run like a bitch from them.

>low endurance
my sides

I know it's a meme, but wrestling is one of the best forms of cardio around

Admit it. Once you get put on you're back, you're fucked. Learn ground game like a real man, pussy

Once a good wrestler gets a hold of you you're fucked

Who else here wrestle?

152 weight class ;-;

"Endurance" and "Aerobic/Anaerobic Endurance" are two different things. A Wrestler would most likely not have the aerobic endurance to stand up and fight or run a mile in a decent amount of time, but they have superior muscular endurance for keeping holds locked down.

And Boxers have very high Anaerobic Endurance too (sprinting/punching where breath is not as important)

I don't understand this mentality. There are only so many ways to actually complete a takedown, and all of them risk you getting your lights knocked out. I think it's fair to say that the best striker vs the best wrestler would show that the wrestler just can't get close to the striker without getting his jaw broken, but if theoretically, the striker were taken down then yes he would be completely fucked.

i didn't know there were many french people here

>pic description related

yea, that's why pro boxers have had so much success in UFC, because they just punch away. that's why no match ever ends in a submission

Well of course if they come straight out of boxing with no knowledge of how to defend against takedowns with striking. Teach Mike Tyson in his prime how to anticipate takedowns and see if anyone who tries to tackle him doesn't get their necks broken.

>boxing a grappler and winning
If he gets inside of your punches without you knocking him out you've lost

watch an amateur wrestling match where they tie up
>in other words, like 90% of actual amateur wrestling matches

the whole point of tying up is to get close without giving them the chance to attack
>(shooting in amateur wrestling, but the same applies to punching)

when someone goes for a tie up, you can't punch them well. that's the whole point. you can either back away, in which case
>if you do punch, you leave yourself open to being attacked, and can't punch well anyway
>or you don't punch and are just backing away, letting him pick his opportunity

the point here is that striking and running doesn't work in a legitimate fight or mma-style fight, because it won't be long before you get grappled by the wrestler, and they whip your ass

even in actual ufc fights, people don't just punch out their opponents too often. a good wrestler can defend against punches (to the body and face both), and the attacker - particularly in heavier-weight fights - will most likely punch themselves out before they knock out their opponent

youtube.com/watch?v=hwX39nyR-h4

- boxers have this mentality that if they hit hard enough, they can knock out anyone. they don't understand that they only get so many punches.... and they aren't free shots you can just lay into

If the puncher is able to catch the opponent off-guard, hit-and-run works for self-defense. If you want to win a fight you started, bring a knife.

heeeeeem sleepy