Sumo Deadlift is CHEATING

Sumo deadlift is not a real deadlift.

I've seen too many faggots on here who do only sumo dead lifts.

You're cheating yourselves , sumo dead lift is much easier than normal dead lift, power lifting comps shouldn't even allow it.

Sumo deadlift favors manlet betas with manlet leverages putting them at an advantage over more properly sized individuals. If conventional was required, almost all of the top powerlifter manlet fucks would be left behind in the dust since they aren't allowed to cheat anymore.

Other urls found in this thread:

strengtheory.com/should-you-deadlift-conventional-or-sumo/
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

>what are weightclasses
only manlet classes and women sumo, no sumo in 105+

OP obviously got outlifted by a manlet

Autism

Sumo is for fucking pussy faggots

Okay can any of you post a deadlift within 100lbs of this?

Brett Gibbs is a manlet and does conventional.

agreed

>sumo
>straps
>pulling from boards

Not even the bitches behind you are miring. Lol

Hahahahaha what a fucking dumbass

>sumo
>straps
>belt

What shorts and shoes are those bro?

You're right OP.
Sumo deadlift isn't a real deadlift. It's a sumo deadlift.

Sumo or no sumo, as long as they are having fun and making progress I don't see any problems.

Are you supposed to hold that weight in your hands and fingers, without help what so ever?

At 100 kg deadlift i start to fail bc of it slipping out of my hands

Can someone tell how I cam do deadlifts sumo or not ai don't care
I am a 6'3 lanklet with skoliosis and a weak back. When i deadlift 1plate i feel like my back is breaking. I try my best to have a straight back but it doesn't seem to be enough

That's fucking weak, user. Your grip strength will need to improve in order for you to progress. Do your warm-up sets without straps, and your first few reps of 100kg. Do the sets afterwards with straps when your hands are too fatigued.

Most people can hold their deadlift max. At most they'll use chalk.

Of course, that's a different question to whether or not straps are useful training tools.

>roidhead bragging about sumo blockpulls

not impressed

How do you do that without your hands instantly getting shredded by the weight

>Sumo deadlift is not a real deadlift.
>I've seen too many faggots on here who do only sumo dead lifts.
>You're cheating yourselves , sumo dead lift is much easier than normal dead lift, power lifting comps shouldn't even allow it.
>Sumo deadlift favors manlet betas with manlet leverages putting them at an advantage over more properly sized individuals. If conventional was required, almost all of the top powerlifter manlet fucks would be left behind in the dust since they aren't allowed to cheat anymore.

10ft basketball hoops are not real basketball hoops.
I've seen too many faggots on here who only shoot at a 10ft basket.
You're cheating yourselves, 10ft hoops are much easier than normal 6ft hoops, basketball tournaments shouldn't even allow it.
10ft hoops favor lanklet betas with lanklet leverages putting them at an advantage over more properly sized individuals. If 6ft hoops were required, almost all of the basketball lankletlet fucks would be left behind in the dust since they aren't allowed to cheat anymore.

>that guy that throws mad shade over a fucking different deadlifting stance

>Dat back hyper extension though

Is everyone who pulls Sumo a goddamn retard?

Ok, thanks for the reply.

Need to work on that grip then.

What the fuck are you even trying to spout? Truly, you are the retard.

>tfw piss in the fecaes of sumo haters

strengtheory.com/should-you-deadlift-conventional-or-sumo/

"Your hip structure will impact your strength and comfort in the conventional and sumo deadlift much more than factors like height and limb lengths.
There are no factors that make either the conventional or the sumo deadlift inherently easier or harder. It’s more a matter of individual strengths and weaknesses.
Hip extension demands are nearly identical between the conventional and sumo deadlifts. Conventional pulls are a little easier on your quads, and sumo pulls are a little easier on your back.
To determine which deadlift style will be best for you, just train both of them for a few months, and stick with the one that’s the strongest and most comfortable with submaximal loads. If that style is weaker with maximal loads, then it’s easy to identify the specific weakness that’s holding you back."

This, if you train both sumo and conventional, you'll figure out which works best for you personally and they'll be within 50lbs of each other.

anyone else cant fucking deadlift with sweaty fingers, it just slips off even on hook grip

>At 100 kg deadlift i start to fail bc of it slipping out of my hands
LONDON

Sumo should not be allowed in competition.

Either that or all the lifts in competition should have a standardized ROM (relative to height) that everyone must achieve. Might help stop fatty back arching in bench too.

Who fucking cares, OP? Powerlifting even not a sport compared to godlike Olympic Weightlifting.

try to use chalk
I found I started to fail at 2pl8 because it was fucking hot in the gym and my hands would sweat like crazy and the bar would slip

>only powerlifters roid

Hell, he managed to find one of the few top-level untested powerlifters who isn't actually on. Just so fat the Wilks scale actually breaks down trying to deal with him.

>one mistake
>IT CHANGES EVERYTHING!!!!111

OP is right. Sumo is a way easier lift. That's why all current world record deadlifts are done in sumo stance.

I actually like oly lifting more than powerlifting
I think its just stupid to think anyone at that high of a level is natty

>Bitch not even remotely impressed

chalk and more grip work.

OP is a typical stupid fitizen.

>OH DAT BAD WRIST MOBILITY
>OH DAT PUSSYPAD

I agree OP
Sumo is only acceptable as an assist lift to conventional

Mixed grip are also for faggots and belts under 4pl8 is leltier

>straps

Fuck off.

obviously. anyone with a shred of honor wouldn't be caught dead doing them

Not to mention that that stupid fucking squat plank.

If Sumo is cheating then why doesn't every powerlifter do em?

>what is hook grip
>what is alternating grip

Funny how not a single person ITT that calls sumo out can deadlift more than 4 pl8.

I believe that most of them are trolls, but I also believe that there are few individuals that are actually being serious.

hmm why do i conventional more than i do sumo?

Because powerlifting is not a sport, and powerlifters are guys who want to look good under the guise of doing a 'sport'

I don't think you read the question properly.
Your answer isn't even slightly related.

As long as you are not deadlifting strongman stuff like Eddie Hall you should be able to hold your 1RM in your hands. Try chalk and alternating grip on your 1RM attempts but don't always train alternate with the same hand turned. Can fuck up your symetry and biceps.

I see so many people doing this and used to do it myself. All you have to do is squeez your glutes at the top to look out the hip. Hyper extension like that hurts just by looking at it.

Ban sumo by all means, regard it as not a "real" deadlift. I don't lift sumo, because my numbers in it are smaller than my conventional pulls.

However if you are using the same arguments of why sumo is "less than" conventional, then the same arguments apply to lowbar being "less than" high bar and should therefore also not be allowed in powerlifting.

Both Sumo and Lowbar should banned. No fucking arguments.

This. They see guys pulling more than them sumo so use that as an excuse for their weak genetics and programming.

No! Shut the fuck up you retard cuck.

I deadlift 105kg with clean conventional form, sure if I wanted to cheat I could use sumo and lift double that much, but have fucking integrity and don't ego lift.

I wouldn't be against it, I lift conventional and high bar myself... but I really don't care, especially as a lot of the guys I know who hate on sumo are the same guys then squatting lowbar, using the same justifications for it as the reasons they hate sumo.

280kg, no straps, no blocks, no hyperextension :^)

As a fucking manlet I've always been shit at sumo deadlifting. When will I learn?

Honestly sumo and conventional deadifts shouldn't be considered the same exercise, but what bothers me even more, is people pulling mixed grip, with the mixed grip you're just going to develop some sort of muscular imbalances regardless of whether you pull sumo or conventional.

Hope everyone calling out sumo is trolling. These guys putting up huge numbers sumo also conventional, and they blow your piss weak pull out of the water

OP has obviously never long legs short torso'd. I still practice conventional for the most part but its undeniable that sumo plays more to my natural biomechanics. It's not cheating.

Sumo tends to be easier if you're a manlet. Saw a 5'3 guy sumo deadlifting lmao4plates a few days back and he must have had a 6 inch range of motion. You guys lift from just below the knee!

>blue plate on the inside

fuck off this is clearly 270

That's a no lift faggot

Arched widegrip benching is not a real benchpress.

I've seen too many faggots on here who do only arch backed widegripped benchpress

You're cheating yourselves , wide arch bench press is much easier than normal bench press, power lifting comps shouldn't even allow it.

arch back bench favors lanklet betas with lanklet leverages putting them at an advantage over more properly sized individuals. If flatback close grip was required, almost all of the top powerlifter lanklet fucks would be left behind in the dust since they aren't allowed to cheat anymore.

Also because they snapped their rotator cuffs

>using JP cauchi to meme about manlets

NO

Get the fuck out of here. Take of your trip. Buy a bottle of draino. And never talk about powerlifting. You literally give us a bad name. You are an embarrassment to plg and everyone you've ever met hates you.

Oh and your parents are ashamed of what you are and what you've done with your life.

>Get the fuck out of here. Take of your trip. Buy a bottle of draino. And never talk about powerlifting. You literally give us a bad name. You are an embarrassment to plg and everyone you've ever met hates you.
>
>Oh and your parents are ashamed of what you are and what you've done with your life.
Think you meant to reply to yourself lad

Clearly not, hold it all the way down, no downward movement of the bar on the way up.

>Take of your trip
>of
England really is collapsing if you can't use your own language correctly.

I mean, he is right, sumo is cheating. Sould be banned in ipf, no one wants to see anyone do heavy splits.

>Buy a bottle of draino.
you know if he does kill himself now you are legally responsible, right?

fucking hell, that is literally against the law in Bongistan, i'm going to report you to the Bobby's

>british
>telling somebody to kill themselves on the internet
>with a trip that is connected to your real name

you're fucked now you cheeky bugger

>the american thinks you die from buying a bottle of draino
This is why americans are filthy, smelly subhumans

you guys are just jealous of sumo masterrace

>sumo deadlifts benefit manlets and manlet leverages

Welcome to powerlifting my dude.

The whole sport benefits manlets and manlet leverages.

Don't fucking hyper extend like that.

Aren't you afraid of slipping with those socks?

lmao that doesn't fucking coutn.

Sure it's more than I could lift, but seeing as I can do 120kg for 1 rep I could probably get near that by cheating and using sumo.

Less than 1 year lifting. Why shouldn't you hyperextend like that on the end of a dead?

Why would you do normal (right) over sumo? It trains less muscles

If it suits your proportions/you want to train back more than hips.

Conv. is good for long arms

Sumo is good for short arms

Ah okay,

I have short as fuck arms and can't do normal without lifting with my back

Imagine all the weight pulling you down into hyper extension at the top. Does that sound healthy for you discs? Not at all.
You want a neutral spin and lookout your hips at the top which is easily achieved by squeezing your glutes hard.

So basically its a vertebra problem. Thanks for explaining. Sometimes it feels good to hyperextend, what is that about?

Why would you do the overhead press over the push press? It trains less muscles.

Dunno, switching to push press now

Seriously m8?

>sumo dead lift is much easier than normal dead lift,
That's what we call good technique.

>sumo dead lift is much easier than normal dead lift
[CITATION NEEDED]

OP here.

I can do 240lbs conventional, but with the cheat version I can do 250lbs

Sure, but as a person who is NOT a DYEL and who trains both deadlifts, I can tell you with certainty that for me, I am not only significantly stronger conventional, but it is also a much more comfortable lift for me.

210kg conventional and while I have never maxed on sumo, ~160ish feels like a pain and like my legs are going to pop off.

I've been training both for about 6 months as well, so it's not like I'm new to the movement either.

is hyperextending bad for the back?

Manlet rage: the post.

You're actually a huge idiot but okay.

watch your feet, dont wanna do a candito

Fucking detrimental

I'd rather pull with a cat back than hyperextended back

None of these showed a >485lb deadlift ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

2xu shorts, asics mat flex shoes

Convies btfo

We got em