What are the pros and cons of the paleo diet?

What are the pros and cons of the paleo diet?

>pros
No processed shit which is almost entirely to blame for bad diets.
>con
Not eating grains, beans, and dairy for no good reason at all.

Just don't eat processed foods. Paleo should just be a meme.

commercial cheese is processed

Eat meat for your protein and vegetables for your micro-nutrients.
Carbohydrates are optional and unless you're being selective and do portion control, you can avoid.

muscle glycogen tho?

>Carbohydrates are optional
your appendix and legs are optimal as well

Hence being selective and having portion control.
There's a difference between having brown rice and Fettuccine Alfredo.
He didn't specify any muscular retention needs, so its still optional in that sense.

>processed

What the fuck does this mean exactly? Why does it make food bad for you?

The early humans didn't eat processed food.

>inb4 "They also didn't use penicillin."

Most final products that can not be used as ingredients themselves.
A donut is processed from other ingredients and is in a final state. Can't really use a donut for cooking.
You could argue that some processed food can be used for cooking like peanutbutter etc.

>peanuts are NOT paleo
Biggest con right there, gotta have my peanut butter. Fuck almond butter it's not the same.

The reason why it's believed bad for you is because these foods are mostly designed to abuse your instincts to consume high fat/high sugary stuff. Also many conservatives, artificial color-, flavor and fragrances to fool our instincts into thinking it's nutritious.

>no beans

but muh zinc

>no dairy

but muh fats

>just eat nuts fag

great i get like 2 handfuls a day on a cut

yeah go paleo if you want massive hormone imbalances

>pros
No gains goblins since no one will bother inviting you out as dealing with faggots following meme diets is a pain for everyone involved
>cons
you'll be a gigantic faggot following a meme diet

>What the fuck does this mean exactly? Why does it make food bad for you?
food is complicated. people don't like complicated shit, so they'll use words like "processed", "chemicals" and "eating clean" to neatly divide foods into "healthy" and "unhealthy".

It seems stupid to exclude Dairy and Beans.

All the food on the paleo diet is healthy and if you have a bad diet you will get healthier by following it.

It's just unnecessary though. There are all kinds of healthy non-paleo food though, you don't need to follow such a restrictive diet if you just use some common sense with what you eat.

Because it IS stupid.

Pros:

>No processed food.
>No refined sugar.

Cons:

>Too much saturated fat.
>Excludes grains, beans, and dairy for no good reason.

Look, it's just fucking good for you. Meat and vegetables are good for you. If milk and grains don't bother you and you can be healthy earing them, then no reason to exclude them.

A Paleo-esque diet is the best diet, imo.

- Eat a ton of greens (I garden so I get most of mine for almost no cost, plus I grew them so it's satisfying)
- Eat good cuts of meat, chicken, and fish
- Avoid most grains, but it's okay to have a little HIGH QUALITY brown rice or quinoa. (Most grains in our food are highly-processed and a lot are by-products of food, aka not real food)
- Avoid dairy for the most part because a bunch of milk and cheese isn't that good for you anyways. Better to have a bit of yogurt or ghee every now and then, with a small glass of raw milk every day or two. Once again dairy can be highly processed with a lot of bullshit bleaches, hormones, and preservatives added.
- You eat food in a simple state. It's easier for your body to break down food vs processed food by-products.
- Dem healthy fats and oils are so good for you, and without many carbs in your diet + exercise, you won't get fat and you'll have better gains.

>I still drink milk, even though I am not an infant
>I drink milk from another species
>I drink mammalian estrogen

I liked your post until the last point, bro. Its pretty easy to over eat fat.

It's impossible to have a paleo diet in 2016 because humans have fucked with their environment too much, the fruits you eat today have much more sugar than the ones our ancestors ate

Modern fruits are basically candy compared to what they ate

>I'm not a nigger

Same goes for most vegetables, though. Just modern berries are somehow less sweet.

Eggs are just periods of other vertebrates if you put it like that.

The only good thing about paleo is avoiding all the junk food

it's a retarded meme fad diet tho