What are some cons when you became fit?

What are some cons when you became fit?

for me

>had to chuck out all my clothes and buy a new wardrobe

>some friends/family became jelous

>more $ for food and supplements

>wear the same thing all the time cause clothes shopping panics me
>fell for the no cardio meme so i feel like i'm in a pool for the first 20mins of my workout
>addicted to memes
>still autistic
>laugh at manlets doing stuff even though i'm 5'7
>wear a jacket all the time
>extremely self conscious
>body dismorphia worse now

>people assume I'm stupid
>people see me with an energy drink and, for whatever reason, assume I'm just drinking alcohol in public spaces where it's not normal to drink, like it's a tallboy I just decided to crack open at the mall in the middle of the afternoon
>can't fit into the driver's seat of most cars that are designed for speed because lats too wide

I think for me was realizng just how fucking bad for you chicken wings are.

Like even 10 and a pint of beer is approaching 1200 calories.

fuck i want some hot wings

I seem to really hate fat people a lot more and become a bit of a narcissist.

>>wear the same thing all the time cause clothes shopping panics me

why?

i don't know, i like the way my clothes fit and if they fit differently it weirds me out, also i'm short so most clothes are too long on the arms and torso

>costlier lifestyle

thats it for now

women started noticing me

All food is dangerous
Missed workouts are the end of my world
Pants don't fit right anymore, especially through cuts and bulks
Alcohol isn't as fun when you're thinking of how it'll ruin your metabolism
Shirts are so tight that nipples show through

For how long have you guys been lifting that you felt the need to do this?

Are you not constantly building 5 lbs of muscle every week

I don't know how to...

I'm weak towards milk and if I hav too much I vomit it out so I can't GOMAD like everyone else.

My arms fall asleep pretty easily now.

yeah i don't get that, i'll lay down or sit on the toilet and when i get up my arm or foot is asleep

> more $ for [...] supplements

haemorrhoids

popping my shoulder out

>2013+3
>drinking energy drinks
Why though?

Those are both good things.

Could be a flexibility issue or just muscles making it easier to pinch something.

The fact that I now have to buy jean sizes 3 sized above my original size.

Squats make me look fucking disgusting in jeans because I look fat and the jeans I have to wear look baggy just to house my quads.

I miss wearing slim jeans and looking normal

>Why though?
youre basically paying for the convenience to get caffeine from a gas station or wherever if you dont have some other way to get it

>stronger assumptions and stereotypes as expectations from women (also a pro)
>dudes in the street want to fight me more
>need to take out more time from other activities to take care of my body recovering (meh kinda a con)
>people in general make more assumptions which can lead to negativity based a lot on my body

it's kind of like taking cigarettes for the tobacco alone.

But that caffeine comes packaged with a ton of sugar and such.

Men with above average upper body strength are more likely to hold sexist views than weaker or average men, and are also more likely to hold political opinions that align with their own economic interests than average or weaker men. In a lot of ways, people still reflexively form opinions as if the whole country were a village of a hundred people where weak men risk getting beaten for being greedy or henpecked for being unkind to women.

I'm finding I have an odd sympathy for fatties. The capitalist way of life is a very difficult game you aren't prepared for. Food is especially dangerous fucking with the mind. And there is a plethora of junk everywhere you look, even the captchas have plates of tasty foods that trigger the mind to gorge on pizza.

So I am very understanding, the fatties must come to terms with their poor dietary choices and I'm always here to help them.

same

you sound like a paranoid retard who thinks people actually give a shit

I find it hard to pee sitting down now because my quads constrict pissflow.

It's pretty easy to tell when people think you're stupid. Like genuine shock at any mention of reading or working hard in school.

>can't wear jeans anymore because my hamstrings are so large that i get a rash when they rub together after walking for a while, or my balls get pinched when sitting down
>get a headrush if I stand up too fast
>have to force myself to eat more because it's easy for me to slack off and just have a couple meals
>ankles are always kind of sore because I run on off days and am still not experienced enough at it
>self conscious after realizing that my dick shrinks to almost button size after a workout or swim so i'm embarrassed to change in the locker rooms

T H I S

>tfw the toilet seat is too small because of my thick ass and thighs

>SITTING on the toilet
>2016
>not squatting on top of it for maximum comfort/flexibility training and intestinal health

>don't wear skinny, straight, or regular jeans. fix your skin as well.
>your diet and breathing habits
>consuming food a later priority in your hierarchy
>run on on days. after you lift. keep it a jog. speedwalk on days off or jog. fucking recover.
>caring about shrinkage when the body does that to protect itself
>caring about shrinkage and what other men think if they see your dick

I get the headrush because my resting heart rate is so low. It's a thing if you have high aerobic endurance. Athletes are advised to sit up first then stand.

I have to put my legs super wide so the dont squeeze my dick

On the note of dick shrinkage, I was recently on a long haul flight and when I went to pee after being in the air for a few hours I noticed my dick had shrunk to a TINY size, like shockingly small. It returned to normal after we landed, guess the cabin pressure or something caused it?

He was joking. Building 5 pounds of muscle in a week is impossible. Buy a bag of serious mass and mix it with water if you want to gain weight though

is there science backing this? i don't even care, it makes sense with what I've seen

and lived ;_;

as a skelly the first time this happened was one of my proudest moments

Stereotypes exist for a reason
And you are probably much more of a stereotype than youd like to believe

How many scoops should a 5'11 lad have every day?

Got a few

>More self conscious about height
>Hate fat people
>Some body dysmorphia
>More narcissistic when there isn't much to be narcissistic about in the first place
>Always measuring up other guys
>Get quite agitated if I don't lift for a few days even when there's a good reason I'm not lifting
>Chronic low back pain at 22

That last one's the worst. Always work on mobility guys.

>That last one's the worst. Always work on mobility guys.
what kind of mobility would you suggest?

I used to suffer under the delusion that I ate a lot.

This was a lie.

I'm constantly eating now and it's still hard to eat enough.

Depends on your size. I'm 5'10, I take a scoop in the morning and another one after my workout or before bed. If you have money to blow you can do 4 scoops. That will be 3200 calories in a day just with the shake

Depends on what you think is lacking I guess. I think you work on mobility to be able to achieve good form. So for example if you find that you're not able to get a good squat form, you might need to stretch your hammies and calves and so on.

In my case I had tight hip flexors which resulted in an anterior pelvic tilt and gave me this arched back look. This put a lot of stress on my lower back and with heavy squats in the equation, it was the perfect recipe for a back injury. I did ultimately work on stretching my hip flexors and strengthening my glutes to counter the pelvic tilt but unfortunately I let the problem go on for too long and now I'm stuck with this pain.

Honestly, I feel like a lot of people just jump straight to the weights without ever stretching. If I could go back in time I would not touch a bb without perfecting my mobility first.

injuries

you just don't pick them up in everyday pleb life

always some niggling shit from doing cardio

Everyone thinks I'm a meat head

This whole post, except people challenge me less than when I was smaller

>tight hip flexors

stop
doing
crunches

Never did crunches. Crunches don't actually cause tight hip flexors, if anything, they might be bad for your thoracic spine. An ab exercise that could tighten your hip flexors however is leg raises and it's variations. Look up the hip flexors' anatomy and it'll make sense. If you originally had a weak core, then the hip flexors will do the leg raising work instead of your abdominals, causing them to shorten.

Forgot to mention that no one should fall for the "compounds are enough for a strong core" meme. That's another thing that contributes to back pain. A strong core will counter the hip flexor effects. And you need some base strength in your core initially to be able to perform compounds correctly.

kek

Beta nu male as fuck. Fatties don't need more sympathy; they need a reality check. It's a fucking mental disease.

Lift heavier compounds then
Nothing wrong with supplementing core but you build the shit out of obliques with proper form deadlifts.

Would you say the same thing about an alcoholic?

>squatting on top

NOPE! This is a terrible fucking idea. Toilet bowls aren't designed to take that kind of strain. You WILL eventually break the bowl and slash open your ass/abdomen on jagged porcelain chunks. Few, just get a squatty potty, or literally anything else that you can prop your feet on while you take a dump.

Literally impossible to find pants.

I need khakis for work. I work in an office.

Levis makes athletic jeans. But athletic khakis or dress pants just don't exist.

I'm fuckin juicy and sub 12% bf but my quads are fucking massive. Can't fit into anything.

Kill me now.

Blessed user just taught me how to bulk

Holy shit. Now that i think about it, my headrushes started when i started getting fit. Sometimes they're so hard i get completely blind for a few seconds

From a former fatty prospective (Now at 15% BF and joocy af)

>Had to throw out entire wardrobe. Went from a 38" waist to a 32"
>Old friends don't get it.
>You make girls feel insecure and spill spaghetti. This doesn't always work out in your favor. Girls are EXTREMELY emotionally driven, and if you make them feel insecure they won't invest.
>It costs time and money. 10 hours in the gym a week, gym memberships, and healthy food is surprisingly expensive.
>Ruined alcohol and social junkfood (beer and wings with the boys), etc
>People assume you're a dumb meat head. I'm not about to spit my credentials on a Nepalese Wood Carving board, but even if you have the background and the knowledge to prove them wrong you'll always be "a dumb jock".
>Guys just want to talk to you about working out.
>Personally, it causes drama. I've been great friends with this beautiful grill for a long time, started when I was a fatty. Now that I've made it, she flirts with me constantly, even in front of her bf (who is also a friend of mine). He called me up one night and straight up asked me if I was fucking his gf. Now I'm shunned by this group of friends because a taken woman found me attractive.

All in all - it's so worth it. There are negatives, but they don't mean shit when you stand in the mirror, and look at what you accomplished. Keep on lifting, brahs. We're all gonna make it.

How long did it take for you to make it brah? I just graduated HS and I'm at 5'10" 190lbs.

I'm currently cutting but haven't started lifting yet because I'm scared of the gym.

I gave an alcoholic father. I have. Showed him no sympathy, showed him how his choices hurt those around him, and now he gets drunk once a month and never black out drunk instead of passing out every night of the week

2 years of consistent lifting and diet. Honestly, you need to put out of your mind what other people think, and just do what you want to do. Right now you may be fat, but you clean up your diet, get on a solid routine, and stick with it, in 6 months I guarantee you won't look like the same person. Progress is slow, which is why most people give up. They want instantaneous results, and when they don't see it they shit the bed and go back to their old ways.

I've been cutting since February and started at 225, so I am making progress, I just can't see it. Another thing is my anxiety, I'm afraid I'll walk into the gym and look like an idiot.

Where can i get a sweater like that

ware a dress than dont care what others say aslong as you know you a man

I'm 6'1", and started lifting when I was about 215 at probably %25+ bf, now I'm at 180 at 15% bf.

I've been lifting for 2 years and I still take my phone with me to do form checks.
Go in there with a beginners routine, read up on the form, and just stick with it.

So what? There will always be beginners in a gym. It's normal to see people kind of lost. And it's normal for those people to ask others and at worst get a 'sorry im not really sure myself'

Youll be surprised how hard it is for people to be douchebags when they are alone.
Most people are cool. They go there to do their workout, not look at others.
And everyone has been a newbie once. When i see newbies, all i can think is: "go you, mate. You're gonna make it"

N-no homo r-right guys?

I don't buy new clothes so know all my clothes make look like skelly

Found out they weren't man boobs
They were actual boobs

Might as well cuck him at this point tbqh familad. Everyone thinks you have already anyway

this shit so much
>shredding fat
>go down several jean sizes
>start building mass
>can't fit legs into them anymore

On tje running part where boots to build better ankles

Started as a skinnyfat verging on fatfat (5'8, 180lbs and no muscle)

CONS
> basically lost a bunch of friends because they were insecure
> time and money investment (moreso time than anything else)
> still into underground music/art, but now everyone in them thinks I'm a stupid meathead
> can't go out drinking as often

all in all - totally worth it. I feel better than I've ever felt in my life - used to get crippling migraines, and lifting's cured that

Pros
>My back feels great
>I finally can see my v cut
>Get a compliment from a fat girl a work who said damm user has a nice body
>I always hates being fat so not feeling like a fat ass is great
>I get to make fun of people paying up the nose for shit fad diets saying look at me it worked and I didn't have to pay a dime
cons
>Non of my clothes fit me
>Body dismorphia In the morning i am like damm who is this sexy looking mutherfucker later on the day dyel as fuck
>My mom complains that I am skelly even though I am ottermode.
>Lost a friend because she was fat and I kept making fun of her shit body
>I can't eat what I want when I want I can eat what ever I want just not in the morning because intermediate fasting

I's more that it's just how people are.

Like... if you get a womanly woman who fits every single requirement that society imposed on her, do you think she's gonna give a rat's ass about changing those requirements?

Manly men also don't give a fuck about what's required of them because they just... fit.

It's weak males and ugly females who are in an uproar about gender roles and stuff. People who fit just don't care, because it all works in their favor.

Do you think I should look into getting a personal trainer, or just use a guide like SL?

A pt can show you how to perform lifts in good form. Might be a worthwhile investment to get a couple of sessions.

stretchy chinos man. it's the shit.

>mfw reading this while taking a shit

I'm in wardrobe limbo where I've got a closet full of rags but don't want to buy anything nice just yet because I'm ~15lbs out from my goal weight. Bought a bunch of cheapo "transition" clothes off the Kohl's clearance rack, but they aren't very flattering/fitting anymore either.

This.

Veeky Forums do you have any stories of people being jealous or mad (etc.) over you being fit?

I feel as though being stronk and big rather than aesthetic and cute really has a countercultural vibe. When I'm rediculously stronk I find that people are far more antisocial to me. It's by design to be that way. Society wants more cute betas rather than stronk alphas.

>addicted to memes

so much this.
I mean I can hold back the memes irl but fuck when Iam online I cant turn off my meme game.

>staying current with fashion and general clothing/style trends is more difficult with atypical body composition
>cost of living definitely a lot higher
>having my body become part of my identity (i.e. being known as the muscled up guy at the office, family reunion, etc.)
>have a much higher public profile when I'm naturally introverted and would rather not like an audience everywhere I go
>mild back pain, sciatica, and joint problems from powerlifting

I feel the higher public profile and it becoming part of identity

New wardrobe was the worst for me so far
>start a new job so needed new clothes
>46" waist FML
>Start getting fit
>at 38" waist clothes are basically like togas, so buy new wardrobe at 38" after 5 months
>keep at it
>32" waist after 9 months; another new wardrobe
>all this shit from clearance racks, still spent more on clothing than ever before. Needed new jeans (thrift stores), go thru shoes so much faster now cause exercising.

Other stuff:
>guilt for eating above target calories (1500/day is tough for a recovering fatty)
>knee pain replaced by shoulder/elbow pain cause getting old (30 yr old)
>daughter complains that she misses "softer" old me, I'm too bony, etc...
>wife complains that I'm not around enough (working out) or as much fun to be around (not interested in eating and watching TV much anymore)
>body dismorphia
>several new peculiar annoyances
>browse Veeky Forums a lot more

I don't ever want to go back though...

>be microdick
>move to Death Valley
>suddenly 7 inches flaccid

> go thru shoes so much faster now cause exercising.
what are you on about? i run track & field 3 times a week and i only buy shoes every 8 months.

>wife complains that I'm not around
HAHA YOU ARE ABOUT TO GET KEKED

Are you me? I have about 5 panic attacks a day. One is a good day for me. Just shop online its way fuckin cheaper.

laughed irl

>spending ca 150€ a month on gyms and supps
>harder to find suitable meals and places for eating out with friends
>strangers profile me based on my body now, surprised when they find out I'm a nerd
>look better and am also taller than my friend who has been in shape for a while. Been getting negative vibes from him for a while. I think I'm making him feel insecure because my gains and height (it might be because I became good friends with his gf too)
>piriformis
>damaged tendons and finger pain from bouldering
>hands fucked up and calloused, can't use fingerprint sensor to unlock my iphone

>Can't stop flexing my lats every minute or so to check they're still there

>damaged tendons and finger pain from bouldering
>muh height
>talk to my friends gf
u're probably fat (and ex obese) and insecure af about it.
you're also an idiot if you spend 150 euros a month on supplements and gym membership since the only supplements one might need is whey,creatine and maybe bcaa.

>can't enjoy food anymore
>I'm a lazy bitch, but now I hate myself for not getting shit done
>am now self-conscious about my height
>sad cuz I've missed out so much being unhealthy, sick and fat
>despise and verbally abuse anyone I see destroying their bodies, especially when they do so with shitty food or drugs

at 12% bf it'll get better, right?

Useless analogy senpai

Currently injured and slowly working back to my full load, I wound up with a bilateral sprain roller blading so one major con is my compulsion to be physical at any provided opportunity.
Aside from that, my normal load of 20 hours/week of training, plus cooking, sleeping, and school leaves almost no free time. I'm antisocial though, so my normal day is just:
>exercise
>eat
>school
>eat
>studying/programming
>train
>eat
>more studying and programming
>sleep

At least my nighttime workouts are martial arts and I interact with some people there.

>when you consider eating less food than required a cheat day instead of eating more