HOME GYM PEOPLE PLS RESPOND

1. What do you have
2. How much did it cost
3. Do you rike it

Yes
No
And maybe

As far as gym equipment, I have...

1.) Treadmill, rower, pull up stand. The pull up stand is the only thing I use regularly, the treadmill I want to get some more workouts in on, and the rower hurts my balls so I don't use it (wouldn't recommend buying one.)
2.) Treadmill: ~$1500, rower: ~$1000, pull up stand: ~$250.
3.) Treadmill: yes, when I use it, it's very easy, rower: no, pull up stand: yes.

I also have a set of Bowflex adjustable weights and a few dumbbells I use and I like them but can't remember how much they cost.

Even if I hated all this equipment I would still use it because I'm tired of people who don't work out going to the gym and sitting on the equipment all day long.

Home gym here.

>half rack with spotter safety arms
>adjustable bench (decline,flat,incline, 8 angles)
>7ft oly barbell
>trap-bar
>oly dumbbells
>tricep bar
>power-tower (for chins/pullups/dips)
>8x20kg plates
>2x10kg plates
>2x5kg plates
>a ton of 2.5kg and 1.25kg and assorted micro plates

What I like about it.

>don't need to travel to the gym
>don't need to wait for equipment
>dont need to hear the gym soundtrack
>dont need to wear clean clothing
>can make as much sound as i want
>can play my own music, or bring laptop with me and watch shit between sets

How much did it cost?- I don't remember, I bought it all up slowly over about 2 years while I was still lifting at my local gym.

I don't have a home gym yet as I don't have the space, but it's my dream. As soon as I find something a bigger apartment it's going to happen.

First priority equipment is going to be a a good rack, multi-purpose barbell, adjustable bench, bumper plates, stall mats for the floor, and some gymnastic rings.
I feel like rings (or TRX or something similar) are greatly underrated, as they're cheap and you can do a million very, very effective exercises on them, even curls and triceps extensions.

I don't use it as much as I use to. I prefer to go to an actual gym these days.

mirin

excuses. you can fit the equipment in your current home.

how are those paralettes? cracking or wobbly?

They make crackling sounds but It's were I didn't glue them well.

I'm 100kg and can stand on just one of them with one foot and bounce.

also, the way I've done it. They're not wobbly at all.

i've heard that the pvc cracks over time, regardless of glue. i was going to buy supplies for these at one point but this scared me away. not sure what to believe until i feel the construction and test it myself.

Hah, I can. But my girlfriend won't allow it since we have our first kid on the way, friend. Only 76 square meters and she doesn't want a filthy rack in the living room, sadly. Plus, the old dude living below us might not appreciate me slamming weights into the floor at 6 AM.

Looking for something bigger as we speak.

girlfriend is thinking that a rack is a selfish move. she thinks she knows better, through projecting your personal workout lifestyle alone. if you were competing in something-related, do you think she would still support you the same as now?

>girlfriend won't allow it
ugh come on dude

>weightlifting platform
>oly barbell
>25x4 , 20x2, 15x2, 10x2, 5x2, 2.5x2 , 1.25x2 kg bumper plates
>bench seat
>squat stand
about 3k usd give or take (including the cost money for building the platform).

2 dumbells (up to 25kg ea at 2.5kg intervals each side, 5kg)
other than that I use the space i'm given such as my bed and floor
It's not great but it's worked for me so far, next year when I move into our new Uni house I'll buy bigger weights and a barbell most likely

only cost me around £40, can't exactly remember though

also, generally buying brotein mix is like £20 every few months or so

moderately happy

>2 dumbbells
>home gym

Pick one

>Power cage: £197
>Oly bar and weights - 4 x 20kg, 2 x 15kg, 2 x 10kg, 4 x 5kg, 4 x 2.5kg, 4 x 1.25kg (185kg total): £281
>Bench: Can't remember, £50 or so
>Matting: £40

Have never really trained in a commercial gym before, but I'm pretty sure I prefer my current set up.

Ive just bought a house and with what cash we have left over the wife has said that i should get a large shed built in the backyard and have a gym, so she's given me £3500 - £4500 to buy whatever i need ...fucking this is the shopping i like, ive priced everything up to £2995, once the shed is built and i have everything up and ready ill post it

I have a mat, an adjustable height bar (pull ups, rows etc.), a skipping rope and a 16kg kettlebell
cost less than $100 all up, made the adjustable bar myself

i actually like it a lot, listen to my own music w/o headphones, don't have to wear a shirt, get to spend more time outside, and it's convenient
obviously the biggest drawback is the lack of heavy lifts, not a huge issue for upper body cause i can just do difficult body weight stuff for low reps and get strength gains. lower body definitely suffering though

Pic related

Weights, bars and bench 2nd hand; $320
Cage, new; $650

All in all I like it a lot. The adjustable Dumbbells (bottom left) are thicker handled and really helps builds grip strength. There's everything I need in a simple and compact package. Plus this way I've gotten my dad lifting with me too

1 - used squat rack w/ 410lbs of weight off craigslist. It has wires built in for wire work pull down and row and wire curls. Also adjustable bench and 2x 100lb adjustable dumbbells from Amazon.com. and a chin up bar. That's all you really need

2-Paid about 850$ for everything. I'm 29 and own my own home, married w/ kids.

3- totally worth it. Gym in my area is 15min drive away and 50$ a month. So in 1.5 years or so the equipment paid for itself, and I can do a workout in an hour rather than 1.5 hours with drivetime l, 3 days a week adds up to lots of wasted drive time and gas $. Also nice because my son can learn technique from me rather then some faggot trainer or friend. A+ would buy it all again.

What's the minimun equipment i'd need to train every muscle and get aesthetic as fuck?

>cage with pull-up bar, dip bars and cable stack. 450EUR
>adjustable bench 120EUR
>Oly-bar 120EUR
>Cheapest clips ever. 4EUR
>2X0.75kg, 2X1.25kg, 2X2.5kg, 2X5kg, 2X10kg, 6X20kg. 2X10kg bumpahs, 2X20kg bumpahs, stand 350EUR
>Rubber floor-tiles. 75EUR
>EZ bar 40EUR
>a couple cable attachments 80EUR
>pullup weight belt 55EUR
>the pasty twink in the pic for wiping off brow-sweat.
>jump-rope 5EUR

Costs about the same as 3-4years of membership in a commercial gym.

>squat rack with pull up bar and safety rails
>adjustable bench with leg extension leg curl thing on the end
>adjustable dumbbells from 5 to 90lbs each
>7ft Oly bar
>resistance bands for cable type shit
>4x45 2x35 2x25 4x10 2x5 and 2x2.5 lb plates and 2x25kg bumper plates
>heavy chains
>dip attachment for squat rack

I like the equipment, the issue is the only place to keep it is on a covered porch in the back of my house (no air conditioning there, live in Florida) and the ceilings are low, even for a 5'9 manlet.

Acquired over a couple years span. Got a lot of stuff used and some stuff as gifts or for free. Probably less than $750 out of pocket. For my area about 4.5 years worth or gym dues.

>Probably less than $750 out of pocket. For my area about 4.5 years worth or gym dues.

>less than 14$ per month.
wat?

>$39 sign up fee
> $39 annual fee
> $10 month

>Not planet fitness.

Sweeeeet

>She's giving you money

Did you marry your mother?

Meant for

>custom made power rack with multiple-grip pullup attachment
>barbell (standard 1" bar, but it's rated at 350kg)
>200kg of standard (1") pl8s
>adjustable bumbbells (can even put 45s on them)
>custom made adjustable fid bench
>custom made wooden 6-height plyometric box
>custom made farmers walk handles
>450lb tire

Power rack is the base of my gym
I've already cut the tubing to add lat tower to it, pl8 storage, dip attachments, long spotters (the ones you put in front of the rack), extra pair of jhooks, dumbbell spotters, etc.)
Already welded tons of lat machine cable attachments (D-handles, long/short pulldown handles, v-handle, etc.)
Also, i've already cut the tubing for swiss bar, pl8 loaded gripper, etc.

All this (without the bar and pl8s) cost me around 300€ (though i spent a lot of my free time cutting steel and steel tubing, drilling holes for power rack and bench, painting it, etc.)
Bar and pl8s cost me around 300€ (pl8s were second-handed and real cheap)

I live in a country (shitty part of europe) where average monthly salary is 600-something € and decent power racks start at 700-900€
Best investment i made tbqhwyl

It would be nice to update to those nice color-coded pl8s and a oly bar, but those things are overpriced to infinity and beyond
Also a rower would be nice, but seeing the average price i'm better of making it myself

Out of all those things i made, i use powerrack/bench/bar/dumbbells for 90% of the stuff i do

Sometimes i flip the tire for cardio
Though i always want to add more stuff to my gym, i find myself never using some things, like farmers walk handles, tbar attachment, plyobox, etc.

Once you start you just keep adding to it, it becomes an obsession

1. Shit ton of solid dbs 5 - 50 or 60 lbs cant remember, oly curl bar, 2 BBs, shit ton of plates all kinds of weights, pull down/ sqwat / idk i guess a power rack, bench, leg press, old school rack, i think thats it
2. Free. Its my dads backyard gym
3. Love it, it feels like im liftin in the
>GOLDEN ERA

If you're still here, how's the pullup and dip bars on that? Any wobbling/instability? I'm looking to buy that exact one.

i have 5 kettlebells, thats it. going to buy bigger ones coz i grew out of them

oh i also have a pullup bar

Is there a difference between an oly bar and an oly crossfit bar?

>don't need to wear any clothing
FTFY

cant really call it a gym but I have all the basic tools and it werks.

was also cheap.

cant really call it a gym but I have all the basic tools and it werks.

was also cheap.

edit: forgot my picture.

i had a squat rack stands, platform, bench, olympic bar, about 600 lbs of plates, all together around $700,

craiglist is your friend , you can get basically 25-50 cent a pound

1. Weider Crossbow (like Bowflex), Weider Ultimate Body Works (like Total Gym)
2. $700 Crossbow / $100 Body Works
3. Not having free weights is fine with me. I want to get a captains chair for leg lifts and pullups...

A 7 foot Olympic bar

255lbs worth of plates

A set of adjustable dumbbells that goes from 5lbs-100lbs in increments of 5lbs

An adjustable bench

An ez bar

A power rack

About $1k for everything. Everything is from CAP Barbell except the dumbbells. Purchased from Amazon. Love it. Working out in my garage has helped me advance to the next level of anti-social lifting autism.

>1. What do you have
Exercise Bike and some kettlebells.
>2. How much did it cost
The bike is owned by my father in law the kettlebells would probably cost 60-70$ right now if I were to buy them off amazon or walmart.
>3. Do you rike it
Love it. And I like the kettlebells so much that I even made a most excellent austism-grade kettlebell PDF for myself - even though I clearly know my own exercises.
The bike has fallen out of favor with me so I mainly stick to the kettlebells.

Pullup bar: $5 at second hand store
Chair for elevated pushups and dips: found curbside
Bike: traded for one Pokemon card collection with brother
Floor: $476/month

Squat rack. 100kgs in olympic weights. 300kgs in standards. Also fence post tied to beam with rated tie downs to do chin ups.
All up around $1,000

No one to spot me on heavy stuff. Roof too low to do standing OHP or clean jerk style things. No cardio bunnies to look at for test boost.

But i can train in my underpants which is nice

adjustable Bench + squat stand = $200
Spin Cycle ( high end at time) =$150
Oly bar + rubber plates =275
Dumbbells=~$100 over a decade or so

>tfw ceiling too low for a cage= priceless

Both are solid as fuck. Very good for doing both. Be sure to put a couple plates on the opposite side of where you dip; the rack can start to tip if you're doing weighted dips

1.- Barbell, dumbbells, pullup bar, bench and rack
2.- less than 50 bucks, I already had the barbell and dumbbells, I made the rest of the equipment.
3.- Yes

power blocks up to 100 lbs each
inclinable and slightly declinable bench
around 600 canadian $
other accessories like elastic bands
yes

pls respond

Go pirate yourself some Convict Conditioning.

I do body weight training, I use the typical bar you jam to a door.

1. F500 home gym you can find from Costco
2. free (friend was moving/upgrading)
3. it gets the job done for what I need

Has its flaws definitely, but can't beat free

dyel

But i have i weight bench, dumbbel and some weights, i wanna know if that'll cover everything or if i should buy something more.

>1. What do you have
self made squat rack
flat bench
bar
adjustable dbs
iron pl8 weights
mdf platform
box bag & gloves

>2. How much did it cost
dunno all cheap
welded and assembled rack myself so only materials there

>3. Do you rike it
yes
but if I were to do it again I'd do a halfrack.

Do you happen to have a source my good man?