Cutting General

How did it go today, Veeky Forums?

Other urls found in this thread:

seannal.com/bodybuilding-macronutrient-calculator.php
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Not too well m8. Fukken cashews, why are they so good?

Cals a bit too low but was off day so not too worried. Been IF a week now and loving it. Day 1 of EC as well. Kinda boofed my leg running 2 days ago so halved my miles and been foam rolling. Excited to get back to work tomorrow and hope my leg aint fuxed. QQ tho. If I am consistently at a deficit but some days around -800 and other -500 am I gonna run in to problems?

Was going alright until I ate a shitton of berries. They're just in season and super cheap and delicious so I bought a shitton, but they're going to go bad if I don't eat them soon.

atleast you didnt binge on something more calorie dense

Meant to be on 1200 cal a day but todays the highest its gone for me.
How bad is it that I dont eat breakfast? Am I really fucking up the whole thing? I work weird hours so I'm usually up around 11am so I just wait until 12 to have lunch.

Just 5kg more cmon

Just ate 1500 kilocalories of PIZZA and making CHAD LEVEL GAINS while YOU slave away on CHICKEN BREAST and BROCCOLI

How deep of a deficit is best for losing the most fat while maintaining the most muscle?

500 calories is usually best

Pretty bad, I couldn't eat chicken or carrots due to dental pain so I cheated a bit on my diet and ate a few shitty things but I still stayed 500ish calories under maintenance so it's not *that* bad.

An hour isn't really a problem, I get up around 10am-ish and have breakfast about 11, and yen train straight after, so now I just have a protein shake for lunch and then wait until dinner about 6-7pm

It depends on your own maintenance and current size/BF%, but as the other user said, 500 is usually the best, I'm eating at 1500 and losing about 2lbs a week whilst still slowly gaining muscle and getting stronger, try to make sure you're getting enough protein, I found that really encouraged my gains when I started getting more than 100g of protein a day

if you're just worried about fat loss, it doesn't matter when you eat, just worry about "calories in, calories out".

Let's say I'm cutting at 1900 cals and went really overboard at a party and ate 5200 calories by the time the night is over. Could I fast today to negate some of the damage? I know the body isn't super sensitive, so would it be like I'd eaten 2600 cals per day? That's around my maintenance so I wouldn't be completely fucked.

Going at it pretty consistently...

1400 cals a day
2000 cal refeed once a week

losing fat like crazy, lifts going up

(pic related)

I just took a bite of a pizza my brother got to try it. Then i told him to take it away

Except this, its being perfect. There is also icecream in my fridge and but im not eating it no matter what

My brother is the ultimate gains goblin

Saved

Calm down and go back to schedule, user.

Pretty good, been losing weight since the start of this year.

Before that I already cut down on my sugar intake and that alone lost me 5 kg.

However I still need to lose a bit, cheated a few times and binged because of smoking weed.

So now I'm quiting weed for 2 months.

Eating about 1600 kcal a day.

Do you guys eat breakfast on a cut? I usually have 1 to 2 cups of coffee even when not cutting in the morning then just eat normally for lunch and dinner. Can't imagine trying to stretch cals over 3 meals

I know people here sperg and say I should eat at a surplus if I want to get big as a beginner.
But nobody has ever given me an explanation why, and several trainers/coaches I follow have said it's ok to lose fat and gain strength.
I just hate that fucking donut of fat I gained around my belly.
>started SS in february
>ate at around 2800 kcals since
>gained 5-6 kilos
>every time I bend I look like a have a huge gut
>cant see my abs

I said fuck it, started eating at around -500 tdee, which would be around 2000 for me I think.
And for the >you wont have energy to lift
On workout days I have a good 1000+ cal lunch and then a modest dinner, so that I stay under my goal and have energy.

Also, the single piece of evidence that trumps the "gotta eat big to get big" is recovering fatties, it's full of progress photos where at the end of their weight loss they're fucking huge, and they sure didnt eat at a surplus, they lost fat and gained muscle

Breakfast is everything, user

I eat a small breakfast and a small lunch, then a pretty normal-sized dinner

I dont, I can't imagine either. It's alrea d y hard enough for me to stretch it over 2 meals.

how do you know how many calories you need?
i did an online test and it told me about
BMI: 1900
and with 4-5 days training this is about
TDEE: 2900
so i eat at 2400 cals?

how accurate is this calculation

Check this user, it gives you macros too if you are into that seannal.com/bodybuilding-macronutrient-calculator.php you are probably moderate active

Never skip breakfast.

bretty gud

down to 175 today from 185

Been good except for carbs.
Thinking a complete clean out of carbs from my pantry and diet is the only way I'll make it gud.
Wish fatfuck roomie would get his shit together and stop taking my chickens freezer space with plastic microwave food.

I recently started back up on a diet again last week, and I've already lost 12Ib (most of which, I'm sure, was water weight). I've cut out drinking almost entirely from my intake every day, and I never realised how many calories it filled.

Without drinking, I honest to god only eat about 500 calories a day - I've been having to force myself to get to 1,000 daily, 1,200 on some days, because otherwise MyFitnessPal won't let me log my calories.

Is eating at 1,200 okay? I'm really never hungry, I just don't need to eat.

Lost about 20lbs but I just ran out of Yohimbine and I want to lose another 5-10lbs before my next bulk so okay I guess

Mom science garbage

Skip breakfast. Unnecessary meal. Do IF

Wtf guys your calories are way to low,currently cuting on 2400 cal
240p240c55fat

Don't worry man, at least it wasn't a pack of wine gums...I suck so bad

Last I checked I got to 168lbs from 180

Currently doing 300cal of cardio along with lifting
Haven't been counting calories, but I'm eating very little now
Breakfast: Ricecake peanutbutter sandwich
Lunch: Eggs or nothing
Dinner: Beef or chicken, rice, some kind of vegetable, only calorie-dense meal of the day

Says who

Are cashews bad? I figured they are pretty similar to almonds...

My cut did NOT go well...starving after work so i got a McDouble and small fry ;_;

ate a chocolate bar

doesnt even matter
even if i lsot 5 lbs i'd still be lonely
i have nothing

I was cutting at 1600kcal a day while I was also working out at least 5 days, working a physical job 4 days, and doing ~30 minutes of cardio every day.

I lost weight hella fast but I'm lacing my diet up to 2200kcal now because I don't really need to lose much more weight at all.

Started at ~320ish 2 years ago, down to 208 now. I feel totally fine mentally, physically, and spiritually. I'm not looking forward to the end of this dieting at all.

>fucking cereal

how dangerous is it to just snack on cheerios? I dont have any cups so I have to eyeball a serving

had 9 jaffacakes after eating all my macros
feels bad man

Fuck this eat breakfast shit. I can never eat breakfast. If I do, I overeat because I blow ~300 calories when I'm not even hungry.

Skipping breakfast was what got me started on the weightloss train after literally 12 years of trying and failing to stop being obese

Whatever works for you bro. If I fail I'll give it a shot, but for now, fuck that noise.

Breddy gud so far this week. Been stalling for awhile because of stress and drinking so I'm being super strict for the next month or so.

No I'm agreeing and saying skipping breakfast is a top-tier cutting strategy

just remember a few shit day like 60F/30C/10P with 500 cal def will still make you lose weight but you set up an environment to catabolize muscle more

Just make sure your metabolism stays up

>there are fatties cutting at 1200kcal

kek, you know you'll just put the weight back on eventually because you're not changing anything about the eating habits that made you fat in the first place

do some research before jumping into losing weight

Is 1200 too low for a 5'4" grill?

1200 is alright for a girl

Depends how much you weigh, obviously. Just telling us your height is meaningless. Idiot.

Eating at maintenance this week to recover from my hamstring injury last weekend. Haven't eaten consistently at maintenance since I started being active and lifting, and I weighed in today exactly where I should have, which is great.

That being said, I had Einstein bagels and Church's Chicken today thanks to my bandmates and parents. Counted them normally, so I regret nothing. Legs are just about recovered, and next week I'll be working on more cardio goals and resuming lower body lifting.

Does anyone notice that they feel leaner all of a sudden while taking a break from cutting?

Google "how to calculate macros"

Black Coffee?

oh fuck. reading comprehension fail.

high five.

you'll eat that whole box before you know it

I gave up alcohol completely as it always pushed me at or over the edge.
> today 1300 deficit and full.
> 3 homebrew and id be over the edge

>be semi fat
>start tdee - 500 (1800 kcal) cut 5 days ago
>eat clean
>only manage to get 1300-1500 calories in each day

I'm not hungry at all either, which is weird. Am I hurting myself by eating too little or will it speed up the fat loss?

Thank.

132 as of this morning.

Already did that. I've been slowly losing weight over the last year or so. I recently reached the point at which losing 1.5-2 lbs a week puts me around 1200 calories, and I've found a lot of conflicting information about whether or not it's safe to stay at this level so I like to ask around.

if you are lifting you will stall

how much more weight do you want to lose?

Currently 5'10 at 165lbs.

Am I fat?

if you're losing weight and generally feeling okay while cutting at 1200, then keep doing that. all bodies are different, so don't worry too much about what the recommended guidelines are. the best way to find out is to monitor what works best for you individually

Only some light cardio at the moment

Wanna hit 125 and then maintain that for a few weeks to account for fluctuations, then maybe try to recomp from there? I'm still too soft around the middle to stay where I am atm. It's tempting to to drastically diet since I'm so close.

Thanks! Been a little hungry during the daytime hours, and I had to start counting exercise calories on lifting days but otherwise no issues so I'll just keep on truckin'.

Was going well bu 3 lil donuts found their way into my mouth somehow.

Yep, ectomorph. 1200 calorie cut with shit tons of cardio and fully body training days. I can wait to eat again..

i def wouldnt go below 1200, if anything, add 200 cal and up your exercise a bit to offset. you will hit your target at the same time if you plan it right.

Anyone?

Am I overweight?

Currently only doing 1600 cals a day.

Cut to 150 and start a bulk from there.

fuck youre right....

is anything with carbs just a bad snack? I cant go back to celery and carrots

That was the plan. 145-150

Currently doing 1600 or less.

6'0'' 220lbs here, want to lose fat

does 2k cal sound about right when doing a 3 day split?

On that Ramadan cut right now but I've been cutting for almost 2 months now. Down to 71kg from 76. Feels pretty slow but I haven't lost any strength so that's great. I just hope I can start seeing my abs in a month or two

Probably. Depends how much muscle mass you have.

Depends on your bf% but that weight seems pretty good for your height if you are lean

I have been cutting for about 2 months now. I started cutting at 2500 cals/day, but then was just a moody asshole all day and my strength went down.

>Cutting at 3000 (plus cycling tren) is where its at

Started doing IF this week and am down 3lbs. Shits pretty cash

what works for me is to make my meals bigger as the day goes on and the last one has good amount of fiber in it, or at the very least a half a cuke or mini cukes. that and a water always fills me sometimes too much, then i dont eat after last meal.

Been cutting 3 months, had lost 20lb by the start of June eating 1450 cals a day. Stupidly binged the last couple of days though eating around 3000 calories so I'm gonna have to be really strict and drop even lower for the next week to make up for it.

Anyone on Yohimbine? Tried two cycles before, and am strongly considering hopping on it again for about two weeks, but goddamn, the jitters and headaches suck dick bruh

The last bit of fat on my love handles/ass are the hardest to get rid of, oh god why

Bulking should be slow, measure yourself.

Don't use any bullshit to cut besides cardio and extra leg day every week. When I do abs I do legs again.
Monday is legday, Friday is abs and legs. Legs are your biggest muscles so biggest metabolic spike and testosterone spike. I did full body splits and just not efficient at all.

Fucked up eating some avocado (the green one).

Why are grown men cutting at 1600 calories a day? That's the amount of calories needed for like a moderately active 19 year old girl to lose weight.

Because it sucks not having that beautiful natty body the next day when you get out of bed. I got 12 more fucking weeks of cutting before I'm down to 160 -_-

you guys think my fruit smoothies are fucking up my calories?

Cutting at such a harsh deficit will only murder your muscles. Better to go slow and keep what you built rather than cut quickly and shed everything you gained.

You're just gonna gain it all back if you cut too fast

>he thinks i have any muscle to lose
lel

as opposed to what, the yellow one? nigga wut

So i have no idea what my TDEE is. I keep trying different sites and getting different results

6'1"
176lbs

skinnyfat, with love handles and limited strenght.

2400 sound right?

Nope, food is fuel man. And eating 2000-2200 calories at this point seems like plenty.

There's one with a dark green/black skin and one with a green skin. The green one's sweeter and huge.

Don't care, I have a solid base and it's not hard to put muscle back on.

Fantastic. Aside from the gnawing hunger.

>Natty
>Not hard to put muscle on

Kay

>implying I'm natty
Bruh I got more serum than blood at this point. GOML