youtube.com/watch?v=TPBDGHh4VgM&feature=youtu.be
youtube.com/watch?v=zoZWgTrZLd8
youtube.com/watch?v=YJu1aQz0pJE&feature=youtu.be
youtube.com/watch?v=7iioImS_ip8
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Lower faggot

Go deeper.

Try a wider stance.

wtf is this? you look like WASD game version for squatting.

Get a wider stance and point your toes outwards. Work on flexibility and mobility.

Work on ankle mobility

literally no hip drive.

This looks like high bar, so the squat starts with the knees and you don't use hip drahve at the bottom

Work on flexibility which will ger you few inches deeoer and you've got it

Depth isn't his only problem.

Two tips:
>Get at least below parallel (so that your femurs are at least parallel to the floor)
>Make sure that the weight is balanced on the middle of your feet. It looks like it's slightly in front.

How to get deeper squats?

Widen your stance and point your toes slightly out. Make sure your knees are tracking in the same direction as your toes. Imagine you are trying to teabag a midget.

>Point your feet out
>Widen your stance a bit
>Breathe into the lowest point of your stomach, not your chest

> look down at the ground like 3 or 4 feet ahead of you
> push your arse up
> keep chest down

and watch mark rippetoes squatting video on some yt channel called "art of manliness" or something similar

Is that you?

Deadlift

youtube.com/watch?v=tWUz7kuBYvU

Squat

youtube.com/watch?v=znIzDa0-wZE

Thanks Veeky Forums

Go lower you dummy

>/plg/

Squat looks good, lockout on deadlift could be better.

Doesn't look like you're locking out the deadlifts

Your not really sitting down into it and your leaning forward very slightly on some.
Try and stay more upright to keep balance
if your ankle mobility is shit use small plates or a board if you have no shoes.
You can go deeper if you want but you don't have to fit just has a hard on for ass to grass
You should still do it though.
Arms need to be way closer together.
Like shoulder width.
Work on that wright flexibility with front squats like that
Your elbows flop around because your hands are too far apart but remember to keep them steady

Nice half squat morning.

you might try lowering your hips on the deadlift. Before you push off the ground. some reps your ass is higher than your head.

They seemed to me more like stiff legged deadlifts. get those quads involved

This squat isn't a disaster don't listen to the doom and gloom form autismos. Go deeper.

>sends an oly lifter to /plg/

hello summer

Half squat, DYEL tier weight

worst/10

Gotta start somewhere, and it's better to have good form early.

Deadlift

youtube.com/watch?v=XlFNEh_QaAk

135kg x 2. Was aiming for 3 but couldnt get the last one. Not tried a 1rm but this is pushing the max that I could currently lift. Any obvious problems?

Ankle mobility sucks, work on that
Start squat at the knees not hips for high bar
Push knees forward, don't push your ass back

Oh god what the fuck was that

>trening

>plg

I think you meant
>owg
Faggot

>having lifting shoes just for this

Just lower the already nonexistent weight and practice form.

Just asking for a ticket to snap city doing shit like that.

pls critique squat form

youtube.com/watch?v=TPBDGHh4VgM&feature=youtu.be

This is me maxing out at 225 because im a weak bitch

>This looks like high bar, so the squat starts with the knees and you don't use hip drahve at the bottom

Get a load of this faggot.

107.5 kg

Ive had the problem of my right knee collapsing in/my hip shooting to the left since i started lifting. My form has improved but its still obviously there when you watch me squat. Ive tried literally everything you can think of, lowered the weight by 50% and worked up, streched like crazy for 3 months with no results, tried low bar, tried without oly shoes, tried with them, tried improving ankle mobility, nothing seems to work. As soon as the weight gets heavy i revert straight back to shooting to my left side.

terrible, babby weight

>lean over too much
>butt wink
>back not arched enough
help

>SS + GOMAD

you posted in qtddtot and got an answer already.

lower weight and work on form

get lower

maybe widen your stance

not op but weight in the middle of feet? I feel like when I squat I am always going through my heels. Is that wrong?

You're breaking at the hips first. You need to break at the knees first, allow them to travel as far forward as possible, then break at the hips. Watch this video and compare your form to his::

youtube.com/watch?v=zoZWgTrZLd8

Also you probably don't have good enough ankle mobility to have knee travel that allows a more upright torso, so stretch your ankles or buy oly shoes.

pls respond

why does ripp say to start by sticking your butt out then?

Not going low enough, also it looks like weight is rolling forward onto your toes at the bottom, causing your ascent to be more lower-back driven as you straighten out.

Fix: Pause squats for depth, lift your toes up slightly to keep weight back (don't do this as a habit, fix the issue and then squat with toes down)

You look like you are trying to lowbar with a high bar. Like you are sticking your butt out too much. That is why you are lifting with your back at the latter part. Come straight down and drive straight up.

those are lowbar squats you faggotron

because rip is fucking retarded and when you follow his meme advice you get shit form like yours (muh low bar hip drahve). Follow candito's video and stop watching that meme art of manliness bullshit.

You're using your lower back almost entirely on the dl. Watch how you lock your knees out first then straighten your back. I'ts because you're not using your butt and hips enough. Google how to fix that.

Don't jerk off the floor, before starting, pull the bar up to remove the distance between plates and bar collars (the tiny tolerance in the holes of the plates allow it to slide on and off the barbell)
Starting position is good though, I would say try to open your chest more (show off the label on your shirt is the cue I use) but it may be just because ur a fatty that I can't really tell
Squeeze glutes when the bar passes your knees for more power at the end of the lift and to save your lower back
Just personal preference but I dislike touch and go DLs. I personally use the DL as a power lift, so I want to get as explosive and perfect with each one. If you really want to do them for volume then you should lower the weight.

Also walk up to the bar if it's on hex plates don't move it around to fit your stance lmao

gl bruh

I was doing a lowbar squat

>rip is fucking retarded
ok

These actually look pretty good. It might be because of the angle, but it looks like during the ascent your right knee is moving while your left knee is stationary.

Bar placement looks like lowbar but you're doing highbar squats

If you're doing highbar: Move the bar up a bit and play with hand grip distance to try and stabilize your lower back. You're like folding in on yourself in the hole. I find that if I put my hands farther out it helps my lower back stay tight, if I put my hands closer in it helps my upper back stay tight.

If you're doing lowbar I think the cue is to push the butt back first (your lowering by breaking at the knees), but fuck I don't know anything about lowbar lmao

Dude, I'm dyel and could press that weight sitting down. Work on your basic strength b4 u try shit like that!

From the looks of the vid, of what little could be seen, it looked like the bar was touching your hair. Your back should be tight. You are sticking out your butt fine and then immediately rounding your back after.

Wow, that must be nearly your bodyweight.
I also see you're doing swim sprint intervals between sets.

I am in fact doing (or attempting) low bar.

Probably looks like high bar cause I did atg high bar squats for a while (and still do), so I guess the two forms kinda fuse together. I realize this is a bad thing.

But thanks, I actually have been working on pushing my butt back first and utilizing dat dere hip drahve out of the hole. I just forget to sometimes due to habit

>not using the ripp grip

About your deadlift: your shoulders are too in front of the bar, it's what prevents you to lockout correctly. Put the bar in the middle of your feet and not close to your shin.

The issue with your squats is that when you bounce out of the hole your legs are rising faster than your body, your can see your angle bending forward increases. This means once your legs extend, you have to do a good morning to finish the squat

I used to have this issue too, Pas told me how to fix but then I forgot so I can't really help you. Maybe pause squats? Or open the chest more, idk

I wouldn't worry too much about the leg imbalance, theres that one video out there of the guy squatting like 400 lbs with that wonky leg weaving shit

looks breddy gud desu

keep it up

Widen your stance. Your knees are flaring out.

First of all, your hips may not be entirely symmetrical. You may want to experiment with having one foot slightly in front of the other (look up Dean Somerset's posts on this).

Other than that you can try tying a band around the knee that doesn't move like you want it to. You want the band to pull your knee in the direction you DON'T want it to go. This causes you to automatically push it into the right position. Ideally.

Thanks. Ill give the chest and glutes thing a go.

The previous gym I was at had circular plates, and I could roll the bar up to my legs and get in positioned properly. With hex plates, I just cant seem to set up the bar so that I can walk up to it and lift. Basically every set I have to adjust it like that or it just feels off.

Its more than my bodyweight, but only just. Im mostly there to do cardio, I only lift at the end for fun.

Also while this thread is active, pls critique my high bar skwats.

youtube.com/watch?v=YJu1aQz0pJE&feature=youtu.be

I've been told its kinda jerky and robotic rather than flowing if that makes sense.

Also one question - I'm doing a 3 days a week 3x5 routine which has squatting every workout. Lately I've been alternating high bar with low bar (high bar on deadlift days cause heavy low bar squats are so fucking taxing on the lower back). Would it be more beneficial to do light low bar squats every workout, or just keep doing what I'm doing?

Square up to the bar straight when setting up for the squat. Dont have one foot forward and using that one foot to unrack the weight its a bad habit and you lose a tiny bit of energy. Unrack with both feet. Also you tip top to unrack weight maybe lower the racks one peg. Also maybe have the bar a little higher but cant tell because angle of camera

Oh ok, one thing I've noticed about lowbar is that it builds tension in the muscles the entire way down, whereas in highbar you can (can, not should) more or less just crumple/drop into the bottom position, set yourself, and then explode out.

Thats at least the main difference I see when people do high-weight low bar vs high bar. All the oly lifters do their squats pretty fast but the powerlifters do theirs like at a painstakingly slow snail speed, probably to maintain all the tension

This should help too, you're too loose all throughout

Form is fine actually if you want to make it smoother do some high rep pause squats (12-15), 185 is more than I expect someone with your frame to lift. As for your programming, don't do lowbar unless you're a powerlifter. Don't need to do highbar if you're doing lowbar

As for your lower back, I tend to recommend people to take it easy. It's opposite to what most of Veeky Forums recommends but to me lifting is a life-long thing and you don't want to fuck things up on your rush to get to a place that you're already going to get to.

Every video I hear about says to drive through the heels. And this is what I've been trying to work on. Not op or this guy

your form is practically perfect. just ride the gains train as far as you can then move on from /fit and begin to learn higher level techniques. nice work

Heels is more of a exaggeration used to show how important it is to not roll your weight forward. You want your weight to be even throughout your entire foot but thats even harder to grasp so people just say heels.

A few posts up I mentioned lifting your toes lifted off the ground to keep the weight back on the heels, but I also said don't lift with your toes up on working sets because theres a huge difference between squatting toes up and flat footed.

please refrain from posting again until you actually lift
thanks

Last set of the day so I can see where I get fatigued first.

(You)

you're not going deep enough. the crease of your hips doesn't go below your patella (top of the knees).

i know it sucks to have to lower the weight, but not performing the full ROM means you're hitting less muscles than you could be hitting.

>Not going ATG

Ugh... this fucking memeshit again...

You're fine with depth. The problem is that your hips are moving up faster than your back. Thus, your back is almost parallel to the floor before you straighten up when leaving the hole and it's causing you to use your lower lumbar to pull in the glutes in order to straighten up in stead of the other way around. Your glutes and core should be helping you straighten up, not your lumbar.

Deload to 165 or 175 and focus on keeping your chest up as you push in your glutes. A good way to help keep the chest up is to push out your abs and keep them tight throughout the lift (you can push against your belt). Your front shoulders should never dip at any point in the lift.

Use your back more. Push it into the bar.
Also why don't you check your stance? Your feet are clearly misaligned.

It looks you you have some lumbar flexion in the hole, but can't be sure from this angle. Push knees forward to get into the hole, in stead of collapsing in it.

>these are the people making manlet threads

Who are you racing? Slow down, go deep. Have you ever done a paused squat? It will jack you up so good.

This just looks like OHP but with extreme cheating.

You are arching your back too much... maybe. Hard to tell. What is clear is that your toes are pointed way too far out. Your knees are about 6 feet apart when you are on the up movement. Also, stop wearing pink shorts, I'm not going to switch teams.

The bar clearly moves forward at the start of the movement. I have watched this video about five times and I can say without a doubt that you are breaking at the hips first. Don't do this. Break at the knees. The first movement is breaking at the knees and sinking into it.

Put a pair of 2x4's in buckets of concrete, so that they are taller than you. Place them on either side of your squat rack - just wider than the plates, but touching the bar when you walk out with the weight. use these as guides to master bar-path. Go for vertical bar path. Also, take in a bigger breath before starting the rep - I should see that chest triple in size. Explosive breathing is a skill. Get tight.

honestly looks fine, you're just a weak bitch like you said..

What would you guys think if you saw a guy 1/2 squatting high weight. He started at 2 pl8, then 3 pl8, then 4 pl8 then 4.5 pl8

He barely managed 4.5 but I'm sure I couldn't even quarter squat that much. It made me think he roids because it seems to me any natty that gets strong enough for a half ROM 455lb squat would have learned how to properly squat in the time it took to get there. Whereas a roider (a stupid one) probably just kept adding weight with shit form

that's deep enough lmao, he's going below parallel.
ATG is unnecessary unless you're an olympic weightlifter 2bh

On the matter of the squat, an otherwise good set of squats
1. unracking should be a mini-squat in itself, so your feet should be even, instead of one leg forward.
2. When there's a loaded bar on your back there's no actual rest, waiting too long before going down is detrimental. Breath harder, really force the air in and out. It'll make those last couple reps easier.

rly minor complaints tho

You'd be surprised at how many people can go for YEARS without learning how to properly squat and think that half repping 455 is an achievement.

Ain't nobody in this bitch impressed by how much weight you can rerack, breh.

What he's saying is that he's not breaking parallel. The crease of the hips going below the knees ain't atg by a long shot.
I can't judge, I can't see, I blame those bright yellow shorts.

Almost shit myself on the second rep so I blame that and fatigue since it was my last set of the day. But yeah I agree with you, if I do miss a rep it's because of my ass going up first. Any suggestions to improve that part of the lift? Also not going to deload that much. That's 395 on the bar famalam.

Feet aren't really misaligned. Kind of angled it on the walkout.

Squat deeper.

You can get there through mobility work and a wider stance. Try loosening up you hip flexor a. Putting your self in a slav Squat can help you alot.

Meant to respond to

Please help with my squat form. From a set of 205x5

Your feet are shifting and your toes and heels are coming off the ground.

Yeah, how do I prevent this? I try staying on my heels and I still end up falling forward coming up out of the hole.

quit watching yourself in the mirror.

Ass going up first is usually indicative of your core collapsing in the bottom (not holding the weight in line with the glutes). You can do a couple things:

1) Pause at the bottom while working 1 plate and focus on making sure your core is tight before standing. Chest needs to be up at the bottom (and throughout the lift), shoulder blades should also be engaged, pulling the shoulders back. After pausing, move up slowly, squeezing your abs and keeping your chest up. Use your quads to push up, so that your back and glutes are moving up at the same time, and then have the glutes push forward to straighten up. Your abs should have most of the pressure, not your lumbar (the ab squeeze will alleviate the lumbar pressure).

2) Practice your quad/glute push timing with body squats. When you're at the bottom of the hole, the quads push you up first, and then the glutes push forward. So, when you go into the hole, focus on maintaining the angle you make with your spine and glutes (the angle you make at the hip hinge should not change going into and coming out of the hole; again squeeze your abs to help here). Once your quads push you out of the hole, then your glutes straighten you out.

Critique faggots

youtube.com/watch?v=7iioImS_ip8

Are your shoes loose? If they aren't tight enough your feet could be moving in the shoe. You might also be over correcting when you try to push through your heels, which causes you to go back and forward. Ideally the weight should be over mid foot.

A lot of the time when people say push through the heels it's because the person squatting is so far forward and on their toes it causes therm to balance the weight over the middle.