Tank Tops

Educate me on tank top etiquette Veeky Forums

> what tank's are best?
> any tanks that should be avoided?

Never worn a tank top in public, but they look comfortable and flattering for summer

My favorite tank is the m1 abrams it's nice to have a modern aesthetic when picking your first tank.

I read something on here awhile back that hit the nail on the head: if you're not buff enough to wear a tank top, it's embarrassing. If you are big enough to wear a tank, you come off as a douchebag. There is no middle ground, just buy a couple well-fitting t shirts instead

You're going to get a lot of meme responses about them always being douchey (code for something that guys who can get girls do) or tryhard .
You're going to get some meme responses about needing to bench 225 before you wear a tank and 315 before you wear a stringer.
The real response is if you get one that fits you properly and you're in any decent shape at all then you'll look good in a tank top, and probably feel good in one.
Another element of wearing them at the gym is that it lets you see the muscles in your arms, and even your shoulders and back if you go for a stringer, which is extremely useful when it comes to legitimate bodybuilding, because seeing the muscle allows you to contract for isolation better.

>well-fitting t shirts
v-necks are better for showing gains

if you want to wear one and are comfortable wearing one, then wear it

anybody who says you can't wear x because y is just insecure. Don't let their insecurity dictate how you live your life

More like better for showing that my chest looks like Austin powers.

>A v-neck isn't a type of T-shirt

Wew laddy

>it's nice to have a modern aesthetic when picking your first tank.

Scrub

This is true, but I'm beyond giving a fuck. If I'm in a warm place, I get too hot in a t shirt so wear tank tops. Don't give a fuck if people think I'm a douchebag - something I've dealt with for years anyway.

this. who cares what nonfit/lazy/wagecuck people think

noot noot motherfuckers

Look calm down bro I was just saying for the first tank

I do love the classics especially the pershing

Went to a rally race in north central PA last week. Wore a tank top, cutoffs, and some big ass mirrored aviators and bitches were merlin.

You can call tanktops tryhard if you'd like, but the fact remains that theyre comfy and look good. Stay insecure, haters

Wear one when it's appropriate. If you're going to the beach, anything outdoors, etc. If you're just going to class or whatever you look kinda douchy, not that it should stop you from doing it but just be aware

Weaks

haha awesome

hello /k/

agreed

i do think that if you don't have decent shoulders and arms you're best off not bothering though

I don't judge skellies for wearing tank tops, unless they obviously think they're huge and are showing off. If it doesn't offend me, let them wear it.

I've even seen a few skellies look good in them

Is pic related true?

Without reading the thread im just going to say that I have the exact vest that OP posted.

They're good for when it's hot out as well as at the gym and just for lounging about at home in.

>go to a small day long gig in a park with gf and her friends
>put on tanktop because its hot as fuck out
>she tells me not to wear it because "her friends aren't like that"
>lol fuck that
>catch her female friend looking at me all day
>her male friends constantly asking me for workout tips

My gf is always trying to tell me what to wear and how to have my hair.
I don't listen because I know shes trying to hide my aesthetics from other people.

You spergs always amaze me. Stuff like especially. People in the real world do not obsess over trivial things like this. If it's hot and sunny and you're going to be outside wear a tank top. Know what people will think? Nothing. They don't care
Obviously if you look good they will notice, but that's it. If you want to wear one in the gym to look at your pump and muscles, and be comfortable then again - go ahead. Its normal.

The people who will judge you based on your amount of muscles (i.e all of us) will judge you regardless of what you have on.

That being said, wear it at appropriate times. Outdoor concert? Sure. Out to dinner? Probably not

Depends what country you live in mate. Winter in my part of the world rarely drops below 60F so it's commonplace for such attire year round

I'm 6'2" and wear medium Gildan tanks from Wal-Mart. they make me look fucking huge.

Im fat and wear them and really dont care

why are you with her, she sounds like a douchelord

this

>obsessing this hard over clothes

i just wear mine when the weather compels me to

nobody gives a shit

>"her friends arent like that"
what does that even mean

This is the best.
>planned on hiking in state forest with gf
>i throw on a black tank and gray cutoff shorts
>her friend tags along
>meet her friend in the parkinglot
>as soon as i get out of the car, my gf's friend jumps out and gives me a hug (i haven't seen her in a while, so that doesnt necessarily mean anything)
>she's staring at me in front of my gf while
>like obvious staring
>not even 10 mins of walking ahead of them, my gf's friend grabs the back of my right arm and says, "user, how much have you been working out? You look super strong"

Yeah, women can't contain themselves. Enjoy your severe lack of mires, insecure beta dyels

Most people don't even necessarily disagree with /pol/ but everyone hates them for obnoxiously going on off-topic tangents.

>6kb
Nice smudges

I love when girls get grabby. It makes you realize how inferior other guys feel to, suprisingly so.

the only thing girls ever grab is my ass

>not sure if messing with me or mirin glutes

It's playful bruh, next time one does that flex at them playfully

they're mirin. grab their ass back bruh. If they actually complain, ask why the fuck they touched you, then.

>at university fundraiser
>having a good time
>friend shows me several snapchats of me from some other girl there, saying how nice my ass looked
>should feel good but mostly creeped the fuck out some stranger was taking pics of me

I cant even see the pic related

OP here these responses are best
My take away:

> don't be insecure about other people judging you for what you wear
> Tanks are comfy and look good on a hot day
> Tanks can increase Mires
> Only where tanks at appropriate times like on a hike, a boat, or to an out door concert, but probably not out to dinner or to class.

Thanks Veeky Forums

I've been wearing tanks to the gym, cycling, and festivals all summer. But I've been wondering is there a UV-permissive option so I don't get dat dere farmers tanline? Without removing my clothes.

Go shirtless occasionally user, is good for your skin and physique. You'll look propah