QTDDTOT

last one's on it's way out.

so i usually lift in regular chucks and they're fine for squats and deads but theyre about to need replacing.

are the chuck 2s just as good for lifting? im not sure if the new lunar cushioning gives any sort of lift or arch or anything. does anyone use them?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=tfYez7-h55c
twitter.com/AnonBabble

>lunar cushioning
the whole point of wearing chucks is the fact that they dont compress when lifting

lunar cushioning defeats that purpose

the only reason chucks are good are because they use a pretty hard rubber and have little to no give. If the new ones are any bit cushiony, probably not worth using.

The sole is a Nike running shoe sole so no.

I use my chucks to lift and my chuck iis to wear normally

You can take out the insoles on the Chuck 2s.
It's what I've done and it's working pretty well.

What are some good wrist wraps? I fucked up my wrists on the press and i hear these might help
Pls help

>Asking for pussy wraps when it's clearly your form.

Are cutting supps a meme or is there some merit?

Meme.

Even yohimbememe

This. Make sure you get the yohimbine hcl though, way more effective and way fewer sides.

Also pair with caffeine throughout the day for that 10% metabolism boost.

I misread your post.

Vast majority of cutting supplements are bullshit.

But Yohimbine hcl is proven to be pretty effective for those trying to get below 12% or 10% bodyfat when used properly.

ive been doing strong lifts with accessories for about 4 months. ive gone up in strength but not muscle, though i have gone up in weight so im eating enough. is stronglifts just shit or do i need to wait longer for the actual gains to show?

if you can buy it OTC then it doesn't work.

Is there a time that I no longer get DOMS?
I've been working out for 2-3 weeks now, about 1 rest day a week, pushing through the DOMS but it's not getting any better.
Does it truly go away at some point?

>but not muscle, though i have gone up in weight
What makes you say you haven't gained muscle?

Why are you lifting 6 days a week as a beginner?

my arms and legs are the same size, my chest is bigger but just because theres fat on it again (i used to be thin). i dont look any different than i did 4 months ago, i just have a belly and slightly moobs for the first time in 9 years

its taking 10 years to post this fucking shit fix your shitty website you dumb gook

>fucking shit fix your shitty website you dumb gook
DERETE THIS

This. Fix your routine and you'll get better results and no DOMS.

Is there any difference between wearing Chucks and Vans for deadlifting

Chucks look cooler.

Hope this helps.

The whole point of SL (and SS) is to build a strength foundation as quickly and efficiently as possible. Once you stop progressing linearly on the programs is when you should switch to an intermediate program based on your goals (like a PPL program for aesthetics). If you jump straight into an intermediate program you'll progress very very slowly, much more slowly than you will on SL or SS. So keep pushing until you stop progressing, then switch. It's a marathon not a sprint.

Legs are more sore than normal from weds workout. Climbing a mountain Saturday, 8 hours hiking half incline half decline. Should I skip Friday workout?

They will come and go. Eventually they only appear when you make a large step up in weight.

If you've finished SS move on to the Texas Method. 6 days a week is too often unless you're doing ppl splits or on roids. Neither of which you should do as a beginner

you should be lifting like 3 times a weak as a beginner or you are going to snap up your connective tissues, but yeah your doms will get better after a while, they won't completely go away but won't be to the point of barely being able to move like they are with beginners

no. working your muscles makes the soreness go away dumdum

I lift barefoot at home, would wearing my Chucks be better for support or am I fine?

>My ass when sumo deadlift doms

you're fine. Chucks are good because of their lack of support.

Nike Metcon Masterrace

Is eating a 300-500 calorie surplus part of what you call lean gains?

Are onitsuka tigers alright to squat in? They're pretty comfy but don't have a lot of support as far as I can tell.

Good, you want as little support as possible. Squishy crap in the sole just reduces your balance and spreads the weight more unevenly.

That makes sense, thanks

is there a way to prevent fat growing around your hips ie love handles?
if i lose enough weight to lose them will my bulk put fat on them first as they are the last place to lose fat from

Why is soy an inferior protein? Is something wrong with the protein itself or is it just that it spikes estrogen levels?

im about to buy a weighted belt, should i get closed one or not? what feels better?

meats overall is superior in every way
they boost test, are cheap and have high protein

I finally did my first pull up, which is great. On the down side, as soon as I got up I had a numbing sensation in my wrist, like hitting your funny bone but without pain.
What's up with that?

never used a closed one, not sure what the point is. have had no issues with a normal one and I'd assume it's easier to use

an open one puts the same weight as a closed on your hips but it might fall off straight away unlike a closed belt if you are doing the 2 exercised your should use it for ( dips and pull up) with swinging in your form

you were probably going too fast on the down motion and hurt it, its most defineatly nothing

thanks guys, ill still prolly get a pair.

breh a strength routine and a size routine are different. SL has you doing 5x5, do that until you thicken out and dont have babby lifts anymore then look into a split or something.

in your current situation, just take your accessories and do them FUKINNNN SLOWWWWW. so with your curls do your 4x10 or whatever but do a 3 count up and a 3 count down per rep.

lean gains is a meme about keeping abbs while bulking very slowly

I wasn't going down at all, it was on the upward motion. By "down side" I meant "this in particular sucks".

yes doms stay with you always because it is the muscle broken down and filled with lactic acid from the work out, so a good workout will always follow with doms

you will make shit gains with a 6 day split btw, you should read the sticky

your wrist are just not used to the movement so let it rest until it doesnt hurt then try again

Oh, ok, will do
thanks

be a bro and get some vans

but they do compress.
even though the sole is thin, it's not stiff

m8, don't get yourself rhabdo

Deadlift question:
For someone like me who has hip mobility issues with conventional, do you think it's more beneficial to pull sumo, or conventional with the weight elevated a bit on 2 plates?

Cause it helps the bad feeling go away, but I guess i'll actually read the sticky, get a rotuine and go down to 3-4 days a week. Thanks goys.

Those look great for deadlifting too
Same with most pumas and Adidas sambas

Don't keep progressing in weight by cheating your rom and elevating the weight. Either work through your mobility issues (what I suggest) or decide you have to pull sumo.

Well sumo shortens the ROM too so I'm asking if it's better to shorten it via sumo or elevation.

The difference in the shortened ROM on a sumo deadlift is that you're still completing the entirety of the lift as it is intended to be done. Your other solution is just not doing a full rep, something akin to half squatting because you don't have the flexibility.

A sumo deadlift is still a deadlift, what you are describing is basically a baby rack pull.
That's why I suggest you work on your flexibility.

Sumo also requires a good bit of hip mobility if you're using proper form. What issues are you having specifically?

Rate my routine?
It's run AxBxAxx/BxAxBxx

A
Press 5/3/1
Deadlift 5/3/1
high pull 3x5
lat pulldown 3x8
curl 4x8
side raise 3x10

B
Bench 5/3/1
Squat 5/3/1
row 3x8
Close Grip bench 3x8
Cable fly 3x10
facepull 3x9

Basic formula is
Lower body lift
Press
2 pulls (1 to balance press, 1 additional)
Accessory to press (ie chest/shoulder)
Arm accessory

What's a healthy shake I can make for breakfast?

I am 184-186cm and weigh 82kg / 180lbs.

Am I fat?

Ok I understand.
My lower back rounds with the full ROM on conventional, partly because I have long legs/thighs so whenever I reach that low with my legs close, I round. But if I go just a bit past shoulder width with my legs I'm good so it's not even full sumo that I pull

well I'm doing a routine which is basically SS except squatting is only on day B and some acessories added(im not a beginner, lifts are all past intermediate)

it's

A day

Bench
Deadlift
Pull ups(they're traded with dips because of pull-push ratio)
cable crossovers/dbb flys /dbb inc bench(no idea which one of these to choose)
incline bench curls
hammer curls if I have energy

B

Squats
OHP(only direct shoulder exercise I do because boxing)
Yate Rows
weighted dips
triceps on cable machine
lat pull down

is this alright?
I have three goals, to be aesthetic, keep my compound numbers goin up(fucking love olympic barbell exercises because muh strength)

and have a good performance.
My aim is like whatever the most possible I can get to hercules mode(tfw not a semigod) and to be good at boxing, doesn't need to be

good to compete in amateur but at least to put off a fight in sparring with my mates that'll compete

I was doing 3x5 on the compounds and 3x8-12 on acessories but my master said I should try the 1x20 1x12 1x5 for explosiveness(i

think its on compounds only need to ask again, he said some name which sounded like mike manson that did this type of training) and

the fucker is huge and was national vice-champion and won a lot of titles in his teen years(too bad no one cares bout boxing in my

country), he says I have a lot of power in my legs but I'm like a robot and need to make things more fluid and get more explosive to

unleash my strength since I'm slow(had motorcycle accident 4 months ago and it fucked my knee)

How do I eat steel cut oats without wanting to fucking loll myself? There's gotta be one of those Veeky Forums cookbook images someone can dump. Rolled oats are fine I love those

Opinions on bodyweight training? I'm a cheap fuck, so all I got is a pull up bar. How this for starting off?
10 underhand pull ups
25 squats
25 close grip push ups
25 heel raises
25 wide grip push ups
35 second plank
25 dips
With a 30 minute run every second day (Couch to 5K)

*kill, I'm on an iPhone sorry

>But if I go just a bit past shoulder width with my legs I'm good so it's not even full sumo that I pull

I think you might just have to learn a proper deadlift. This video is great:
youtube.com/watch?v=tfYez7-h55c

You should seriously do a good stretching and mobility routine and work on your flexibility. You're just hurting your progress and numbers by doing this weird in between shit.

Didn't someone tell you in the last thread to just pick a routine and stick with it? Don't expect to get a different answer just cause it's a new thread.

it did? the thread I asked randomly got archived and I still refreshed it and had no answer

First things first, always make sure your form is on point before considering it a mobility issue. Plenty of people have difficulties just "dropping" into position for a deadlift. If you're not already, use the bar as a leverage point to literally "pull" yourself down into the correct position. You don't just assume the position then yank the weight up, you begin pulling to lower yourself into the correct position, then once your leverage is correct, increase the intensity of your pull to actually deadlift.

If you're already doing that and you're certain your form is groovy, and it REALLY IS a mobility issue, then yeah, just do semi-sumo while working on your mobility.

Not much ab work for a bodyweight routine. Add some crunches and leg raises.

There are some good bodyweight/calisthenics programs with suggested progression. Look em up.

Completely depends on how much of that weight is muscle. Post a pic.

Looks fine. I do a similar routine myself and am making decent progress with it. My only suggestion might be to consider alternating the order you do big lifts, e.g. if last A day you did deads first, do press first next time, or else two of your big lifts will always be performed pre-fatigued.

I used to have this for breakfast every morning.
>100g each of kale, carrot, blueberry, apple, banana, and greek yogurt
>scoop of (chocolate) whey
>milk to thin it out, roughly 1 cup
Made 3 large glasses, taste was pretty great for what it was, tasted like Kind Of Weird Chocolate-Banana.
If you're gonna do 5/3/1, do it right.
Look up Starting Bodyweight, not even gonna read your routine desu.

Will do. Thank you.

Yeah someone did. They told you that if you were a beginner to pick a program and stick with it. Your body will show results eventually, but all those programs have little to no accessories added in.

If you're not a beginner then try picking an intermediate program and work from there.

Could be some kind of impingement. Was your grip sufficiently wide? Wide grip for pull ups, closer grip for chin ups.

Should I drink my whey protein on my off days?

Thanks good idea.

I should mention I'm not doing the big lifts heavy twice a week. The 2nd day I do it, it's using the deload %

I'm looking to squeeze a bodyweight routine into my daily, but there's a lack of handy places for pull ups. Is there a good substitution for pull ups?

Why do so many inexperienced lifters on here want to make their own routine or think they are qualified to do so? So many ready made routines out there done by professionals

Like you. Why are you doing some bastardized 5/3/1?

Biggest piece of advice I can give is to not try to come up with shit on your own when you're not advanced.

what is 5/3/1?

Okay then, assume it's 3x5 instead of 5/3/1
How does the layout look then

Your body needs protein all the time bro

I'm retarded so I can't take good pics. I did not flex, if I did you would see my quads.
184cm / 82kg

Overaccessorized for a beginner.
An advanced routine made by Jim Wendler.

Oh, the pic wasn't too bad actually

Who said it's for a beginner

The open one... what's stopping it slipping off straight away? Friction and a favourable hip/waist ratio?

That's not a question.

I made a routine out of exercises I enjoy that hit everything

no problems here

If it wasn't written by a beginner it wouldn't be so poorly made.

You're not fat. Unfortunately you don't look like you lift either. A gentle bulk wouldn't hurt.

How do I measure my exercise time on that IIFYM website? I work out for 2 hours because of 5 min breaks between sets, so that extends my time.

Lat pulldown.

What's best on a cut to keep muscle mass? 5 rep or 8 rep? Everyone k ows strength goes way down on a cut, but would hypertrophy at least keep them looking good?

Whatever works for you, man. If it being something you made is important for your enjoyment/motivation then by all means. I'm looking at it only from the perspective of optimal results.

There are lots of good routines out there built around the big three and known training methods with good programming, periodization, etc., that let you plug and play lots of different exercises that you enjoy.

I'm 24 just got my degree in cock
Never lifted much, I'm a fat skeleton 198 cm 80 kg

Because I'm 24, am I too late to make it?

Are you too autistic to know how "rate my routine" works? If you have feedback then give it

Have spare room on second floor, want to make it weight room, but will the floor be able to handle a rack with 4 45 lb plates, a bar, all the other incremental ones, and my body weight?