Why didn't the Indo-Europeans invade Sardinia? Did they fear the Nuragic warrior?

Why didn't the Indo-Europeans invade Sardinia? Did they fear the Nuragic warrior?

Because they couldn't reach Sardinia.

No one could.

Yes, the Sardinians were the only non pussy farmers, probably because of the few resources and the fact that many of them were herders rather than farmers (especially in the inland mountainous areas), this is why the Romans had to send so many legions to try and pacify them, and why the Sardinians always plundered Etruria and were famous for being bandits

Their culture seems to have been especially war-like, given the fact that they used to fix bronze swords and lances on the top of their temples, and created statues of warriors wearing many types of armors and weapons

Phonetician jews jewed them out of it

What are the reasons for this warrior culture, is it merely the presence of many tribal societies in a small, resource strained region, or a product of the necessary need to raid neighbours like the Etrurians?

Due to the size of the island, probably the latter.

Mountain people are often herders and herders are usually war-like

The Sardinian tribes in the mountainpus highlands basically lived off plundering other Sardinians and of Etrurians and other mainland populations, the other Sardinians had to protect themselves from the highland Sardinians and as the Nuragic society progressed and entertained contacts with other non Sardinian populations they also had to obtain luxurious goods from other non indegenous civilizations like the Mycenaeans and that's why they also turned to piracy, at the same time they needed to protect their coasts from invaders and that's probably way many Nuraghi towers were also built on the promontories on the coasts and even in the little islands near Sardinia to secure the harbors

Its not that far off from Italy.

It's out of sight, you can't sail out of sight from the coast pre industrial age.
The Nuragic people made it to the island on a land bridge during ice age.

Sardinia was too far away, it takes years to sail there from the mainland without modern technology.

top meme

>culture called Proto indo europeans simply because of the fact that those languages had a single source
>archaeologists/anthropologists literally just make up a society, give it a date and ascribe characteristics to it despite no one having any record of it.

It's obvious that they're throwing shit at the wall, the truth is no one knows who these people were. Really seems like they were more ancient than they're saying.

Made it from Mohenjo Daro to France, totally shaped their culture and religion yet no one has any myths about their invasion or assimilation?

Give me a fucking break, PIE being Yanma and the Kurgan Hypothesis is bullshit

Nah the Nuragic people descended mostly from the Neolithic settlers that came there when the ice was already melted

Is this the spicy new Veeky Forums meme?

Statue of a warrior from Sardinia, 900-750 bc

>new
There is only one thing new here, friend.

Archers with Assyrian-like armor

No, it's the latest reddit raid.

Fuck off, redditors. And take your tired jokes with you

>he thinks this is a plebbit meme
>he doesn't know the intimate relation Veeky Forums has with Sardinia
>what a newfag

Veeky Forums is my favourite board but it's like everybody on here is so desperate to have Veeky Forums oc that literally every time Sardinia ever gets brought up a hundred people post this tired meme that was all started by a guy who was clearly baiting. It was never funny to begin with and it's embarrassing how much it's bandied around as the super epic Veeky Forums inside joke.

It was quite funny at the start though.

I made it myself and it's annoying how often it gets reposted, I mean I had fun that day since I saw how stupid Veeky Forums was but I didn't expect it to get so popular

"Everything I don't like is from reddit" a practical guide for butthurt Veeky Forumstorians

I mean don't get me wrong, the premise was pretty creative, but every time the screenshot is pulled up I'm immediately depressed by the heaps of people in the screenshot who fell head-first for the bait.

The Anne Frank / hapsburg retard meme is slightly better but the way Veeky Forums so confidently trots it out like a 5 year old would a shitty crayon drawing makes me cringe.

Spotted the redditor

Sardinia was densely inhabited unlike the british isles, it was the major exporter of obsidian during the neolithic

>An army of two legions was sent to Sardinia at the command of Tiberius Sempronius Graccus the consul consul. Such a large contingent clearly indicates the military engagement that the operations involved. At the end of the two years of war - 12,000 were murdered in 177 bc and 15,000 in 176 bc - in the temple of the Goddess Mater Matuta in Rome, this celebratory cemetery was brought by the winners, reported by Livio: "Under the command and the auspices of the consul Tiberius Sempronius Graccus the legion and the army of the Roman people subdued Sardinia. More than 80,000 enemies were killed or captured in this province. He did things the happiest way for the Roman State, released his friends, restored his annuities, he brought back the army safe and sound and was rich in booty; for the second time he entered Rome triumphing. In memory of these events he devoted this table to Jupiter. " The slaves in Rome were so numerous that they "disturbed" the slave market in the whole Mediterranean, dropping the price, so much to say to the same Livio "Sardi venales": Sardi to sell, at a low price. Other tens and tens of thousands of Sardi were killed by the Roman armies in other wars, all documented by Tito Livio, who speaks of eight or so triumphs celebrated in Rome by the Roman consuls and thus of so many victories for the Romans and losses for the Sardinians.

I wonder how they survived to this day if they were genocided by the Romans so often

I'm only happy that Sardinia is recognized for once

>Veeky Forums is my favourite board
You're a cunt. Sorry, but I'm just honest.

>Anne Frank / hapsburg retard meme

Not a meme