What does fit say to this?

what does fit say to this?

Fairly accurate.

Blaha is a particularly unaesthetic motherfucker though. Most people will look better than him regardless of routine.

why does sticky suggest doing strength then?

becasue fit is faggy

this is accurate
Half of the information in the sticky is a joke to troll summerfags

It's retarded. Size gives you big muscles, size gives you more strength. The clue is in the name. Blaha looks like shit because he's fat and has a weird frame. It has nothing to do with his routine.

No, but if you do GOMAD you will get fat

bulking is a meme, you don't need to eat much above maintenance to make gains

Completely disagree.

Every split has compounds in it. The isolation exercises in most splits are just designed for variety so people don't get bored with their routine. Truth told, if you're not a fucking genetic failure, you can achieve aesthetics with a modified starting strength routine. All you fucking need to do is take squats off of one day and eat big. Once hit 3 pl8 or more you eat small and fucking run around. Congrats you have a shredded physique in 1 year max.

Makes shit easier later.

For a beginner routine, doing the extra splits and isolations ain't gonna do shit for you, you'll grow as long as you keep eating and lifting.

I listened to fit for my first year.
Second year said fuck you faggots anyone could be giving this advice I have no clue who they are or what they look like
Listened to scooby instead did ppl with more volume
Gains r showing fat isnt going up near the rate it did before

>Tldr follow scoobs advice not Veeky Forumss

>do 5x5 main compound lifts
>followed by a few high volume isolations

Why is strength vs split even a debate? They're not mutually exclusive, faggots.

If you can't make good aesthetics progress with a strength routine you're not trying, not eating well, doing a shit routine.

Will you get as dramatic of results as quickly when compared to a pure hypertrophy routine? Probably fucking not. To say they are mutually exclusive, however, is silly.

just focus on your main lifts and do some curls/whatever afterwards
you think you're gonna build a big chest if you start with a split as noob, benching 0,5 plaet 3x10?
you need to get that shit up as fast as possible so you can start benching 2 plaet 3x10
don't expect to look super great on 3x5 only, volume has it's place but only with enough intensity

What are your stats?

You probably just sucked. I did SS followed by Texas Method, and now do Candito's 6 week program. I had great size improvements throughout, while doing strictly strength routines.

I even took a break and tried PPL, only to find that the lack of strength gains was not worth the minimal hypertrophy differences.

That being said, if I ever get on gear, I definitely will be doing a split or other hypertrophy routine. I think that's really where those routines shine.

Bench was 185 but haven't done regular flat bench since January. Been using dumbells now doing incline with 70s 3x12. Squats weak cause I skipped legs only 215 3x12. (Also did squats wrong for most of my first year). Dunno dead lift never bothered

assuming that the workloud on SS is not enough to get aesthetic and I add some excercises to it:

Is at least the progression way in SS the right way?

Maybe, I lost a lot of weight over the summer from mot working out. When I got back into it I started back up with 5x5 bench and squats. Swapped in January to ppl with more volume and changed every lift I did to 8-12 reps and everything improved noticably quicker

aka you didnt follow shit

people that bench the bar on SS would have higher numbers than you within in 4 months

I don't mean to shit on you, man, but come on. This is why Veeky Forums has a bad rep. You shouldn't be on here giving advice and shitting on proven routines with stats like this when you don't even bench.

Whatever works for you I guess.

because this board is trash and up there with the anime boards and /r9k/ and /tv/ on the most cancerous containment zones for retards on Veeky Forums

Benching 185 3x12 isnt shit. One thing I remember about fit is how everyone glorifies ss saying a 2plate bench and 3 plate squat you get in 1 year of ss. Almost no one squats 3 plates or benches 2 plates here. Not even the larger athletes at my uni gym. I find it very hard to believe everyone on fit became one of the largest men in the gym in just one year

yes, this is what you should be doing

the logic is really simple. getting noob gains as quick as possible means you can switch routines but be lifting heavier sooner. it's thinking 6months ahead instead of 2months ahead.

you'll develop holes in aesthetics while on ss which differ from person to person which you correct by adding more shit

Strength is important and most people here are beginners who have no idea about anything, they SHOULD DO SS FOR A FEW MONTHS. period.

A beginner will literally gain size on any type of routine.

But they should still do SS as a beginner. At least for a few months.

What you do after that is up to you. We're only here to offer advice, based on experience and data.

There is no one best routine for everyone:
>the best routine to do is one which allows you to progress
>the best routine to progress is one which you stick to
>the best routine to stick to is one which you enjoy

It's also about instant vs delayed gratification.

Doing 3x15 of 3 different bicep curls will give you a pump, you'll look big, you'll feel alpha, but in 6 months, you'll have bicep tendonitis.

Doing 5x5 of squats, bench and deadlift will feel tedious and boring, but in 6 months, you'll be many times stronger than before, and will have gained a lot of muscle on your whole body.

i went 85 -> 200 3x5 in 4months on SS

ss is not glorified here at all anymore. the variations are typically very similar though and usually amount to squatting less and replacing powercleans with other stuff

your uni gym probably has a lot of people that lift mroe than that. if you have a basketball or football team everyone on it is lifting those numbers at minimum lol

thanks user

>basketball team everyone is lifting those numbers at minimum
Kevin Durant couldn't bench 185 for one rep and he is a super star

>85 - 200 3x5 after 4 months
I find this very hard to believe!

7.5lbs increase a week * 4weeks * 4months

Go to a cbt and look at people starting out who are on ss. None of the people even after 6 months of ss look remotely close to benching 200 for reps

When pressed on their routine 80% of them will also tell you how they actually did some bastardized version of the routine, with big breaks and a shitty diet. Lets go ahead and face the fact that most people on Veeky Forums with shit results have shit training, regardless of what routine they are on.

You can gain muscle at a maintenance if you are skinnyfat

The sticky misleads you on that and tells you to bulk hard.

i dont know what to tell you dude. most people arent very dedicated people.

i try to relate things to dota since people here tend to understand it better. there's people that play all day and suck. its largely cause they fuck around and have dunning kruger complex once anything gets hard. it's the exact same for anything that requires hard work to improve at

I agree with you that a slow clean bulk is reasonable and possible, but I think the suggestion that new lifters bulk has merit. The point of having people, especially beginner lifters, eat a shit ton is to avoid the possibility that they undereat. They are new to the game, and probably don't understand how much they need to eat to put on muscle, so it just takes out any guess work.

Obviously if you're a great huge fat fuck who is trying to lose weight while you lift, you probably shouldn't go for a sick bulk m8.

>google 4 months progress on ss
>bench went from 120-165lbs
He must have done it wrong!!

To add to that:

Whatever routine you're doing, stick to it for a few months, even if you don't enjoy it at first. Stick to it for at least 3 months. If you haven't started to like it by then, fine, do something else. But don't hop from program to program every few weeks, you will never make progress that way.

Also don't try to create your own routine until you have a few years lifting experience. And even then, only slightly modify existing routines to fit your personal needs, goals and weaknesses.

Mfw im at 3 pl8 squat for the last week. So i should just do cardio and cut now with very little lifting?

And lack of progress is generally not the routine 's fault (provided its a proven routine and not some bullshit you or some faggot PT pulled out their nose).

Lack of progress is usually caused lack of food, lack of sleep, lack of hydration, lack of warm-up or lack of proper form.

No keep lifting forever.
But yeah, do cardio too
Aesthetics are literally only low body fat.
Also a trick to look leaner: shave and tan.

But wouldn't shaving my chest hair make me a faggot?

Trimming is fine too, it's just that Hair makes you look less defined.
You're only a faggot if you act like one.

mike biscutieglia say bulking si a meme so i workioiout no bilk eat maientnece calaries

>tfw nearly everyone I see at my gym bench over 2 plate
Kinda sucks if you're comparing yourself to others.

pls leave

You train hypertrophy by doing damage to the muscle. The stronger you are, the more damage you can do.

If you want aesthetics/hypertrophy, develop a base of strength for atleast 6 months - a year ideally - THEN begin training specifically for hypertrophy. You should have some decent size on you by then anyhow.