So I was a huge into lifting a year ago but got diagnosed with cancer and have been on chemo ever since

So I was a huge into lifting a year ago but got diagnosed with cancer and have been on chemo ever since.

My oncologist keeps telling me to keep up chemo and not hit the gym (been a while since gains) but this guy is some skinny/beta looking fuck.

I don't know if I can trust such a faggot to run my life anymore and keep me away from my weights.

My gym bros also tell me that lifting and whey fight cancer better than chemo since your body gets stronger and shit.

Still deciding whether to take their advice more seriously than the doc

What do you guys think?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/4f5e9GbXvIk
cureyourowncancer.org
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Keep doing your chemo retard. Get some exercise if you want.

Deadlifts cure cancer

Who's more swole? Your gym bros or your doctor?

Exercise as in big weight?

>My gym bros also tell me that lifting and whey fight cancer better than chemo since your body gets stronger and shit.

I heard of this quack before. I think his name was Dr. Gaines Gawblin. Do not follow any of his advice.

>MD, smart motherfucker, 12+ years of education and clinical experience
>gym bros, batshit retarded goons who lift for girls, are internet-wise and rely on anecdotal evidence

Choose wisely my friend

Your body energy will go into your muscles and not into the tumor, whoever is doctor faggot is, he wants you dead

>risking your gains over something silly like your life

Go to the gym

No, don't over-stimulate your IGF-1 you fucking faggot, unless you want to kiss-goodbye life
Choose: life or gains
>shall I trust science or broscience
If you choose to commit sudoku and hit the gym, the gene pool will be relieved

I completely stopped going to the gym when I was diagnosed and I lost everything. Started again once I was in remission.

I didn't even consider going since chemo made me feel like shit all the time.

When you workout your body releases cortisol and creatinine, the precursor to creatine, which converts fatty cells to muscle. Cancer cells are fatty tissue that are also broken down by this process. Don't listen to some dyel medfag who only pushes pills and not weights. I guarantee he's in the pockets of big pharma who sells "this magic beam of light that cures cancer like this is fucking x-men and shit".

Have you seen how DYEL those chemo fags are?
You don't want to be a DYEL, do you user?
lift those weights

Sorry for you Bros cancer is awful
Listen to your doctor goddamn

What I'm starting to think

You want to minimize growth hormone and go into the deepest ketosis possible. Check out Ivor Cummin's interview with Andrew Scarborough, this is cutting edge research that could save your life user: youtu.be/4f5e9GbXvIk

Why minimize test?

>but this guy is some skinny/beta looking fuck.
>I don't know if I can trust such a faggot to run my life anymore and keep me away from my weights.
>Veeky Forums LITERALLY judges people credibility by their physical appearance

>My gym bros also tell me that lifting and whey fight cancer better than chemo since your body gets stronger and shit.
My fucking sides.

A strong body and whey fights chemo?
How about you right an article for Livestrong.
Cite your gymbros as sources.
Don't forget pictures..

Chemo is deadly.

cureyourowncancer.org

8/10 guaranteed replies

So is cancer. But chemo gives you a fighting chance.
Shill your useless products somewhere else.

Get a second opinion, dumbass. Worried that your doctor might not know what he's talking about? SEE ANOTHER DOCTOR. This isn't rocket science.

It seems like every one I've seen keep shilling the drugs

Well you have cancer you fucking retard, do you expect to get better with fucking magic?
Your options are to gamble on chemo or accept slow death, end of line.

lol, everyone replying to the obvious bait

Idk..
Chemo seems like certain death. I noticed ever since I went on it, my gains have dipped like crazy and it's only getting worse.

Something has to change.

>implying doctors know shit
>implying those 12 years of "education" aren't spent on pointless paper work
>gym bros
>years of ACTUAL experience and first hand know how
gym bros every time

People who call cancer a fight a fucking idiots. It implies hope and that you have any actual control over the fact that you're likely going to die from cancer complications. You aren't fighting shit.

>that one guy who watched breaking bad and thinks he knows anything about cancer

its amazing how retarded the majority of people are regarding health issues.

its more amazing that you would literally disregard the opinion & advice of a Dr who specializes in oncology.

perhaps you should stop chemo so your tainted blood line ends with you niga.

metaphorically its very easy to see why people call treating cancer as a "fight".

you're trading blows with a disease in the hopes it goes down before your body goes down.

at any time if you want you can stop and just let it have you.

or you can continue despite the discomfort/pain of the treatments themselves in the hopes you'll pull through.

how is this not obvious.

God I hope this is bait

You have cancer you batshit retard

Your body is literally killing itself

Your genetic code is shit and is just self destructing

Your lifts will not go up while this is happening you tard

> "Cancer kills indiscriminately. It's killed family members and friends of mine. How much of a "fighter" someone is doesn't matter - who lives and who dies is the result of a confluence of medical intervention and luck. That's it, really. I had a friend who got cancer (leukemia) and sank into deep depression. He ended up surviving, but to this day he's fighting mental illness that was triggered by his cancer. My friend's dad died of cancer (lymphoma) and he was a Vietnam vet who told his son "don't be a pussy" when his son was scared to ask out a girl in HS."

I didn't write that but the guy who did put it into words better than I possibly can.

Look in to dom d'agostino and the ketogenic diet. apparently there are big benefits to following a keto diet while on chemo.

i still fail to see the point.

some guy has experienced cancer and is now jaded as fuck.

> if you try you're just dumb you're not fighting you're just dying blah blah blah all we are is dust on the wind 123 123 123 kappa.

good story, doesn't change the fact it's a fight in many definitions of the word '

2. struggle to overcome, eliminate, or prevent.

>le quoting a stupid guy who also watched breaking bad to make your point meme
we're done here

he's basically saying that cancer isn't a fight, who lives and who dies mostly comes down to luck.

you're as dumb as a brick if you think most people who have cancer isn't "fighting" to survive, and a lot of those would have died simply because they got unlucky.

I know what he's saying and in my first post I said he was a retard who watches too much breaking bad

not an argument

> you're as dumb as a brick if you think most people who have cancer isn't "fighting" to survive

so you agree with me.

the fact its luck doesn't change the fact people are 'fighting' to survive by the definition of the word 'fight'.

again

2. struggle to overcome, eliminate, or prevent.

you're objectively wrong, you can double down on your retarded point of view if you want, but at this stage your argument has collapsed on itself.

no doubt you'll cling to your opinion out of spite, but yeah dumb opinion.

no shit I wasn't presented with anything worth more than a flippant response

> 2. struggle to overcome, eliminate, or prevent.

so those who died as a result of their cancer weren't good 'fighters' because they couldn't "struggle to overcome, eliminate, or prevent it"?

it's called losing the fight you tard

but by calling cancer patients fighters you're implying that the people who died as a result of it simply weren't strong enough to beat it.

no duh. people die to lots of curable illnesses because their constitutions are weak

You could say they took too many unlucky blows. That wouldn't make them a poor fighter necessarily.

> people die to lots of curable illnesses because their constitutions are weak

Malpractice is a thing

Yeah but it's not even a fight.

The victims don't do a fucking thing apart from getting the illness or disease. The doctors give them treatments, and sometimes, by luck, they beat the illness or disease. The sick person didn't do anything. The doctors do it all, they either cure the patient or lose a patient.

quite fucking literally, holy shit stop trying to argue you this.

do you know how the majority of cancer patients die?

have you seen it?

they waste nigger, they waste to nothing.

men reduced form 80kg

to 35kg.

you waste until you can't reasonably treat it with chemo anymore.

then you die.

just shut the fuck up honestly.

they literally weren't.

>he actually thinks the person's body and mind are non-factors

okay, keep believing that if you want, it's not like anything i say from this point onward is going to change your closed minds.

I'd go swimming.

You're not going to ge tany recommendations to resume resistance exercise from your oncologist. My dad had a BMT as part of treatment for leukemia and the docs wouldn't even consider anything outside of walking. He's still noticeably skinnier three years later. his hormone profile is utterly wrecked.

What kinda cancer you got op?

>that one 18 year old who thinks he knows everything because he watched the dad from malcom in the middle die of cancer on TV

you've got how many people call you a retard

like i said here.

> no doubt you'll cling to your opinion out of spite, but yeah dumb opinion.

how many people would it take for you to reconsider your opinion?

i mean you're factually 100% wrong just by the definition of the word, its not disputable.

but how many people would it take calling you a retard for you to reconsider your position.

10? 20? 50? 100?

use your brain.

19, actually.

stay set in your ways, grandpa

:^)

> how many people would it take for you to reconsider your opinion?

...and how many people thought slavery was acceptable 50 years ago? Hmm??

explains it, most teenagers get to the stage where they start forming opinions with hard and fast rules.

can't take on board other perspectives, arguments, etc.

they argue out of spite, stubbornness, even when they're clearly wrong.

usually their opinions are based on lack of experience/information, made too quickly, too absolute.

good luck with finishing your puberty.

i know this is how you are cos its how I was a few years ago so I don't hold it against you.

hooked on phonics.

that's not a parallel to what we're discussing.

you can't just say

> what about the nazis and the jews

> what about slavery

in response to a simple question like changing an opinion.

that's idiotic.

>Implying he dies of cancer
Does cancer make you talk out your ass?

is english not your first language? dying is a process. he was dying of cancer the first episode and you watched him die of it throughout the series

nice try though

Maybe i should've specified that i think people should stop associating whether or not cancer patients live or die with whether they were a fighter or not.

I guess a lot of cancer patients are still "fighting" in the way that they live their lives while suffering.

ANYWAYS.

OP here. Just talked to one of my gymbros again.

He also recommends that I double my creatine intake as he claims that the extra energy makes your immune system target and kill cancer cells at a fast af rate.

Should I go for it and dump my doctor for good?

so you want people to stop calling it fighting cancer because even after the cancer is gone they're still "fighting" other things?

seems like you just have a hangup about the word, even though it's accurate and descriptive

No, your doctor probably knows more about treating cancer than the common gymbro haha

but again it obviously there is an obvious way it is

at any point you can stop treatment and let the disease kill you.

they'll give you palliative treatment, you'll go quieter, less pain, your family won't see you waste away literally.

or you can continue to treat in the hopes the cancer is overturned, even temporarily.

people will fight cancer until the point of death, until the chemo itself is what kills them.

people will choose to take their last 6 months and die quietly.

to continue treatment is by all definitions a fight, that's the whole point.

like this perspective is so reductionist its agony to argue against you.

the same way patients wont die until their last family member gets there from 2 hours away

same way patient's cling onto life despite the fact they should have died weeks ago.

shit I've seen a guy go on for months who realistically should of died after a couple days.

the body just declines death, that's what the medical community refers to as a 'fighter'.

Yes. Your doctor is just trying to sell you expensive treatment. Your gym bro is looking out for you and actually cares what's best for you.

you're obviously trolling, your thread is boring, stop posting.

if you couldn't workout why nobody is replying to thread topic anymore because it's shit and your trolling skills are 3/10 at best.

thanks.

It depends on how the cancer patient feels about being called a "fighter" imo, I'd probably just ask my mate if he liked being called a fighter before saying it because evidently not everyone feels the same way about it.

>Ruptured a tendon yesterday
>I have eaten twice in the last 24 hours
>Still no pain meds, considering suicide but I can't tell anyone because then I definitely won't get pain meds

fair enough, i still wouldn't want to be called a fighter but i can see why some people wouldn't mind it.

Wow only 2 meals in a day what a trooper

Keep doing the chemo
Chemo is like weights. If you are not dedicated to it shit doesn't work.
Stopping half way will just guarantee cancer and not only that you will live even less than if you had no treatment.