Julius Cesar wasn't white

Julius Cesar wasn't white.
youtube.com/watch?v=86PD8o6xe_4

Other urls found in this thread:

hooktube.com/watch?v=86PD8o6xe_4
harvardmagazine.com/2007/11/dazzlers-html
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Are you telling me that famous dudes from the Italian peninsula may have actually looked like Italian dudes? Truly a revolutionary idea!

He wasn't a negro or a Muslim-- how does this benefit Vice's agenda? I fuckin hate liberal journalism. No fucking duh he looked like someone typically does from the region he lived in. Kill whitey though right!

>3k dislike to 1k like

you just know

>white noses
>white lips
>white foreheads
>white dna

>hurrrr peepulls think tha statoos sho wite ppl becuz of da racism

And?
Who the fuck cares about a dead guy's skin colour? What's important is what he accomplished and his affect on history- not his skin colour.

>Etruscan frescoes
>Alexandria portraits

Every fucking time

If Caesar was not white, i don't know who else could be count as white

Off the top of my head, Rome Total War II recently depicted Caesar with dark eyes, hair, and sorta olive skin.

I don't think most people actually believe that Caesar or most Romans looked Northern European just because they do in old movies and old art. I like to think that they understand that these choices were made because most actors were/are of Northwest European descent in the USA, and because those paintings made thousands of years later were not intended to look realistic (I also presume they know King David wasn't a European knight who wore chainmail). I don't know where Vice got the idea that most people believed that Romans weren't Italians.

Maybe they spend too much time on /pol/.

>>Alexandria portraits
Pompeii.

>Several details indicate the Egyptian, perhaps Alexandrian origin of the medallion. Both words of the inscription (ΒΟΥΝΝΕΡΙ ΚΕΡΑΜΙ) end in iota, possibly indicating the Ancient Greek dialect of Egypt; ΚΕΡΑΜΙ, then, means "potter". Stylistically, the painting is closely related to the 3rd-century mummy portraits found in the Faiyum Oasis.[3] The costumes are more consistent with the contemporary fashions in Egypt than in Rome itself. In particular, the mantle worn by the middle figure is not fastened by a fibula, but instead knotted; one parallel for this is a 3rd-century Coptic tapestry medallion, now in the Hermitage Museum, showing the goddess Gea with her mantle knotted in a similar way.[32] The peculiar hair style of the older woman is unknown in Roman portraiture, but can be found on some 3rd-century plaster mummy masks from Egypt.

I think it would be nice if everyone could acknowledge that some of the Romans had lighter features without sperging out and assuming all the ancient Romans were Nordic supermen. You can still find plenty of blond-haired, blue-eyed Italians today, and the genetic makeup of modern Italy is hardly different from that of ancient Italy. The Germanic and Arab/Moorish invasions changing the gene pool significantly are memes.

This argument only works if you think that Italians don't count as white.

Well yeah, even the contemporary art shows darker pigmented and lighter pigmented Italians standing around with each other like it's no big deal. They've done genetics tests, and aside from the northeast there's been basically no significant contribution of Germanic or Arab blood to the Italian gene pool. The sole large contributor were Greek colonists in Sicily.

The founders of most mediterranean civilizations were settlers from Hyperborea c.a 15000 years ago escaping the flooding that decimated most Northern European civilizations.

Based.

>Caesar wasn't white
>Pic is a white guy

I lost it here

>Race is just skin color meme
Go back to watching History Channel plz

>our history
WE

Behold, the savior of the white race

>Mediteraenean is an ethnicity now
Iberians are not Sicilians or Great anymore than Scotts are Russian or Finnish

>Great
*Greek

Dumb, but at least this one didn't use his real name. These people have to realize that shit like this makes them unemployable.

>implying he'd even be able to hold a job

>olive skinned Europeans from italy aren't white they are oppressed POC
where do i sign up for welfare and affirmative action?

>italians don't have pale white skin just skin that tans and generally (but not always) darker features
THIS MEANS THEY WUZ BLAK
really hate modern "historians"

Where is the lie tho

Why does no one show this picture to that "historian"?

Haha I love how fucking geeky and beta Augustus looks

Looks like an Irish kid.

>geeky and beta
With that wide neck he would fuck you up

>, even the contemporary art shows darker pigmented and lighter pigmented Italians standing around with each other like it's no big deal.

Im party Italian. In winter I'm white as fuck, but during the summer I tan so much that I get mistaken for Mexican. It shouldn't be a stretch to think that some Romans were outside all the time and others mostly indoors.

Also pretty funny that she brought up ethiopians in Rome.

Forget Ethiopians, she straight up said that Nigerians would be in Rome.

If Romans weren't white what race were they?

That is white

more like Kikestus

Thanks to Rome: Rise and Fall of an Empire I'll always associate Romans with Brits and Caesar with Sean Pertwee

>Arab/Moorish invasions
This wasn't even a thing. Mainland Italy was never at any point under muslim control, only Sicily. Terroni look darker because of the fucking greeks, not because of muslims.

>In winter I'm white as fuck, but during the summer I tan so much that I get mistaken for Mexican.
>Im party Italian.
Fuck you. I'm fully italian and in winter I'm pale, but during the summer I just burn and shed skin like a fucking snake.
Worst part is that I'm actually dark-haired, so supposedly I should be better off than my light blonde gf who can just stay as long as she wants under the sun and just achieves pic related status by early june.

I don't understand this video. Is she saying the Romans were blacks?

Funny, I'm northern European and tan better than my mediterranean gf desu.

Romans look white to me.

you posted a picture of Caligula, dumbass.
pic irrelevant
>VICE'
faggot doesn't know about sculptures LOL

>posts a whiter pic
>calling other people dumb

>giving vice your time in shekels

hooktube.com/watch?v=86PD8o6xe_4

looks much better painted I've always thought

ass btfo faggot detected
harvardmagazine.com/2007/11/dazzlers-html

fragile whyte boi detected

WHITEBOIS ABSOLUTELY BTFO

We created everything you see infront of you, all you do is take from the black man who gave you everything. Well guess what whitebois, the black man has had enough of your shit.
The black man will TAKE HIS THRONE BACK and also take plenty of white pussy on the side.

What about Veeky Forums and the internet
or the personal computer
or electricity

Dem white bois simply dont know whats coming to them their women, their cities, their countries all that shit belongs to us and well take it back as a revenge for the millions of years of oppression they have done to us damn crackas stole that shit from us and its only right they return it to its rightful owners.

so people seriously think pic related isn't white? wouldn't that rule out like 90% of europeans?

where are his eyebrows