How did average Ottoman Janissary felt about being abducted and forced to fight their own brothers?

How did average Ottoman Janissary felt about being abducted and forced to fight their own brothers?
Are there any written account about it?

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Bridge_on_the_Drina
anyforums.com/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

>Their own Brothers.
>Balkanlar mountainiggers were fond of double-crossing each other due to tribalniggery.

They were honored to fight for the TÜRK WARRIOR against the wh*Toids

t. american negro

>be stolen from the crib, raised from a young age to be the medieval equivalent of a super-soldier.
>be raised to a position of esteem and honor within your highly stratified society, occasionally playing the role of kingmaker
>bring death and destruction to the society which would have left you an impoverished, faceless nobody

Be honest, user, if someone offered you an opportunity to give up your shitty dead end existence to go be a super soldier for an elite military unit, you’d take their offer

say that n word to my brother again and i'll rip you apart
based TÜRK warrior.

Not to mention they were given a pretty decent general education

That taking of children from their parents was probably not as violent as most think. First, they did not take as many kids, just maybe one in a generation from a single village (Janisseries were a small elite force). Second, families had more children at that time, as a lot of them would not survive into adulthood. Third, there are records of Janissaries contacting and supporting their original families, even moving them to Istanbul.

So it's probable that a lot of peasants willingly gave their children to be trained by the Turks, where they could have a better quality of life and so that they could later support them.

There was a specific Janissary who switched sides during the Siege of Malta. According to accounts of the siege, seeing the men of St. Elmo's fort hold off the numerically superior Ottomans again and again stirred something inside of him, and he felt a powerful compulsion to rejoin Christendom. He defected from the Ottomans. He was of quite high rank, and brought with him critical information that allowed the defenders of Malta to survive the rest of the siege.

traitor

>Second, families had more children at that time, as a lot of them would not survive into adulthood.
>as a lot of them would not survive into adulthood.

So they didn't have more children

why should I care about a system which doesn’t care about me?

Its KONSTANTININYYE not ISTANBUL you stupid balkan kul

>turks - west asians with mongoloid admixture
>sub-saharan africans
nice try, nigger. go larp as actual blacks who did something, rather than wewuzzing as turks

What brothers are you talking about?
The family of the jannisary would be all subjects of the sultan so they would be safe.

>traitor

You should keep in mind the people under Turkish rule were Orthodox Christians, whereas the people they fought against were Caholics.
Had it been Catholics and not Turks who were able to get hold of their territory, they would all have been mercilessly slaughtered.

Muslims were the friendly foreigners compared to the Austro-Hungary.

Typical attitude of the traitor. You will never be part of something greater than yourself.

I'm Turkish and i'm Black as coal.
Problem?

Doubt they cared considering how much power they wielded.

If Ayys came down and for some reason humanity qualified for super soldier material, and gave me advanced alien tech, knowledge, maybe some genetic surgery to make me biologically superior for combat, and increased social standing in the intergalactic community, you'd bet I'd be willing to crush human rebels for my Ayy overlords.

>The most interesting sight in this assembly was a body of several thousand Janissaries, who were drawn up in a long line apart from the rest; their array was so steady and motionless that, being at a little distance, it was some time before I could make up my mind as to whether they were human beings or statues; at last I received a hint to salute them, and saw all their heads bending at the same moment to return my bow. On leaving the assembly we had a fresh treat in the sight of the household cavalry returning to their quarters; the men were mounted on splendid horses, excellently groomed, and gorgeously accoutred. And so we left the royal presence, taking with us but little hope of a successful issue to our embassy.

Kostantiniyye

>Are there any written account about it?

They became viziers/ministers/generals and shit. Sure, they would reminisce. There are some accounts of jannisaries going back to Bosnia and helping out their relatives. But their loyalty was squarely with their new master and new religion, simply because of all the power, wealth, and money they saw as a result of being the Sultan's elite.

Its Κωνσταντινούπολις you base Mysian catamite.

And that is why you will always be a bootlicker who doesn’t understand true loyalty

They ended up in very powerful positions, and even if they failed at that they would still be the elite of Ottoman army.
It takes some special circumstances to go back from all that wealth and privilege to some bumfuck village in Bosnia or Serbia.
According to legend (not sure if it's true), Sokollu Mehmed Pasha built this bridge for his people. He also put his brother as the Patriarch of Serbian Church.
There's also a good book semi-related to that:
>en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Bridge_on_the_Drina

Then you're an Afro-Turk, which is a minority. Most Turks look like pic related -- basically Greeks with a dash of Genghis Khan.

Sorry, you aren't a turk if you are a Nigger. t. Turk.

kes orospu çocuğu b*Yaz piçlerine yarandığını görürsem ananı burada sikerim.

Trust me, a good part of the military are bootlickers all too perfect to swallow stupid training on sexual harassment and, at the same time, cut training time to appease the PR people.

It's fucking retarded how they think. "Smack that whip harder master, I deserve it"

*blocks your path*

I want to bleach those roach qties

Children who were sent to Janissary training had a greater chance of survival then growing up as a peasant so giving them up meant that they were more likely to live.

Source? I don't not believe it but it sounds like too interesting a story to not follow up on!

>bleach
AHAHDJKHWEJKHAWEJIKHQWAEHQWE
this whiet subhuman thinks it can fuck anything other than its left hand
know your place know your race, subhuman. or else i'll break your bones.

What is this from