Why Lithuanian language sounds so slavic?

Why Lithuanian language sounds so slavic?
youtu.be/YHwbUx7SGbs

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/FLxS2rE44Zo
youtube.com/watch?v=kmSZW6f0s_Y
youtu.be/pGwkD2cSnfg
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

It doesn't.

Why Slavic languages sound so lithuanian?

It does I am listenig old lithuanian songs and all of them sounds slavic as hell for me

here is another one \youtu.be/FLxS2rE44Zo

Because you're an ignorant American, so you unconsciously judge languages based on where they're from geographically while pretending to understand the differences between them. I bet you'd think that Romanian and Hungarian sound Slavic too.

Lithuanian sounds slavic for two reasons:

1) Slavic INFLUENCE, rather than direct descent - proximity leads to a Sprachebund

2) Lithuanian is a Baltic language. Baltic Languages are in turn part of the Balto-Slavic language family. Hence Lithuanian is distantly related to Slavic languages.

Ultimately, you could go and make an argument that Lithuanian sounds rather English if you go and look at the fact that they are both Indo-European languages.

Never mind. Just watched the video. Fuck off Ivan.

Slavic influence, and also Baltic and Slavic languages are (relatively) close.
Romanian does sound like Slavic Latin. In fact they had shitload of Slavic words and still do, only they removed many in 19th century.

Believe me I am not Russian and I have bachelor degree in history. I know Poland and Lithuania was in union but I always thought Lithuania a baltic state with baltic language but they old songs sound 100% slavic. Almost like Polish and Belarusian.
Also I think Russian language sound much different. It is like, I don't know... Like Lithuanians used to be Rus/Polish nation and then in XX century some random state emerge from one small region of former GDL f.e. Samogitia and then claim to be heir of GDL

Probably because you're listening to Belarusian and not "old lithuanian", tbqh.

>I have bachelor degree in history
Doesn't show. Anyway, the song is in Belarusian, not Lithuanian.
Here's a Lithuanian one:
youtube.com/watch?v=kmSZW6f0s_Y

But it sounds like language used only in Samogitia during PLC period.
Literally nobody would understand it in Vilnius nor Kaunas in XVI century

It's not Samogitian. It's a folk song about the Battle of Kirchholm. Most of the soldiers recruited for that battle were from Southern Lithuania. While it's true that Vilnius and to a lesser extent Kaunas were mostly inhabited by Poles (or Polonized Lithuanians), Jews, and Tuteishi, rural areas were still full of Baltic Lithuanians. This meme about Samogitia needs to die.

It really doesn't.
It sounds exactly like modern Lithuanian(which is based on the Sudovian/Jotvingian dialect, btw), with some obscure words and spellings in it.
Actual Samogitian is closer to Latvian dialects.

Modern Baltic Lithuanian isn't even derived from Samogitian and someone speaking standard Lithuanian can barely understand Samogitian.

>Most of the soldiers recruited for that battle were from Southern Lithuania

And if they was noblemans like Karol Chodkiewicz they use Polish for speaking and writing

Noone's disputing the status of Polish as the lingua franca here, though.

Yes, that's true. The nobility was Polonized very early on.

But it wasn't only they lingua franca, they was born and rise as Polish man. They don't know language which is now known as "lithuanian" just like last kings from Jagiellon's dynasty

youtu.be/pGwkD2cSnfg

You're a retard.
It sounds East Slavic, it sounds nothing like Polish, Czech or Bulgarian.

>I always thought Lithuania a baltic state with baltic language but they old songs sound 100% slavic

I hope this is bait

When butthurt Poles say "Samogitian" they mean Baltic Lithuanian as opposed to Belarusian

where did you go to obtain it so I can get one without knowing anything

sounds kind of brazilian-portuguese but more nasal