Was Austria ever jokingly referred to as "South Germany" during the days of East and West Germany...

Was Austria ever jokingly referred to as "South Germany" during the days of East and West Germany? Or would that have been too "Nazi"?

Pic only sort of related.

Arnold is unironcially one of the greatest men in modern times and his life story is an inspiration to me.

Nope. albeit culturally rather similar, Austrians are not seen as Germans and no one wants to affiliate with them. For uhm reasons.

christoph waltz was on conan obrian once and he said Austria was like Ireland while Germany was like England, and he insinuated that Austria was much more emotional/artistic and poetic while Germans are autistic and industrialist. How true is that?

It's more like Austrians are filthy degenerates even by German standards.

Austria was a shining beacon, a catholic empire with ties to the entire world, cosmopolitan, multi lingual, high Nobility Habsburgs, Mozart and the finest culture from both sides of the Alps. Germany was on a wide scale more provincial and often had a more sinister Lutheran lifestyle. That much is true.

Austrians are filthy degenerates even by Austrian standards. They know it, they love it, the made a fucking art out of being filthy degenerates. It is like a nation of little Robert Donwey Jr's.

>Austria was a shining beacon
Austria was a backwards shithole for the last 100 years of it's existence. The Empire of Austria overstayed it's welcome for quite a bit and should have just died together with the >H>R>E

LEt's say Austrian humor is usually a notch or two above German "humor"

That's like being the tallest dwarf

>I don't like Austria
>So I claim something that has nothing to do with the thread or reality
>Because I am from the Balkans and I can't debate like white people
good post mate

post war Austria wasn't exactly a backwards shithole, just not a full empire anymore. They still had the same culture after WW1.

>Austria was a shining beacon
>nothing to do with the thread
The Austrian Empire was not "a shining beacon". Yes, there were times in the past when Austria was indeed a great place, but as stated before they overstayed their welcome and didn't accept the need to change, which ended up biting them in the ass big time. So calm the fuck down, Franz-Joseph.
I'm obviously talking about Austria between Napoleon and WW1, post-WW1 it becomes irrelevant

Real Austria is like 1/4 of the modern state of "Austria" on the banks of the Danube.
Styria, Voralberg, Tyrol, Karinthia were separate dominions that just happened to come under the ruled of the same royal house.
It's similar how the Rhineland or Lower Saxony became "Prussian" even thought Prussia was just the land beyond the Vistula.

>I'm obviously talking about Austria between Napoleon and WW1,
>for the last 100 years of it's existence.
2017-100 = 1917 just for info.

Sorry mate, but you seem to be rather dumb and have no first hand knowledge of Austrian history or culture, but a rather preset opinion. Why would I take you for full?

>Muh Austria is bad, I tell you BAD!
>Rather talk about Napoleon! Napoleon is cool! COOL!
>assholes!

>The difference between Austria and Germany is the difference between a battleship and a waltz

Austrians not even once.

Well the Habsburgs were kicked out of their native Swiss lands and then amalgamated turf in the Austrian provinces of the Empire.

Extremely embarassing post.

Austrians indeed see Germans more as a sex toy than a human being. But then, they don't mean it bad.

>post talking about the austrian empire
>surely he must mean modern austria
Learn how to context, you dumb dweeb

How many minutes did it took you to write this meaningful second answer my intelligent young friend?

Meaningless reply

Austria has never been referred to as "South Germany" (that would be Bavaria, Swabia, Baden and Alsace), Österreich comes from Ostmark, meaning something like "Eastern border region". If you mean, did people want to go back to "Anschluss"-times, then no. Unification was much more important, and the large lobby of refugees from Prussia, Silesia and Pommerania wanted to get those lands back. Since their were no displaced Austrians, nobody really cared (well besides some neo-nazis, maybe)

This. It was more about East Germany and the even more eastern German lands. It was quite common to refer to the GDR as "Middle Germany" among Irredentists