Is there any way the empire could have been saved? Realisticly

Is there any way the empire could have been saved? Realisticly.

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Byzantine–Mongol_alliance
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Not during his reign, not really. No one gave a shit about him by that point, and all the oligarchs separated already. Michael VIII and Andronikos II/III still had a chance, after the civil war it was game over.

It can all be traced to the reign of Constantine the VIII and Constantine IX when they left the nobility essentially uncontrolled.

The attempted union of the churches didn't help either. Now you had a weak emperor, separatist tendencies fueled by the fact that the emperor is a heretic.

mend the schism

ending the roman heresy

After 1204 no.

don't massacre latins

best year of my fucking life

Absorb the Turks, instead of fighting them, which the empire was slowly doing before 1204.

>t. V*netian

He did nothing wrong

loving your juicy years byzanticuck

The crown should have remained with the Nemanjici and Dusan shouldn't have died, then it would have been saved

I know nothing about this, why not just kill the nobles

Loving the destroyed Venetian democracy as well.
Amazing years indeed

The fall of Byzantium directly leads to Islamic dominance. As a swede I now realise why you might like this.

Byzaboos how does it feel to know that you're inferior to the TÜRK warrior?

OH NO NO NO NO NO
HUAAAAAAAAAH.... HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

>the Byzantines of disapproval glare in your direction

I think I am superior actually.

Come at me
I'll break your bones
Just like how we used to deal with Byzantines.

You are just going to call for black up

maybe if 1444 crusade has worked but (((venetians))) failed to provide their support and it was ultimately a failure against twice as big turk army

>twice as big turk army
I love when people exaggerate our numbers always

>our
I like it when people larp as a whole nation unironically. Especially when he doesn't even come from those guys.

>lürp
I like it when retards like you misuse that word every time unironically. Especially when he doesn't even know the meaning of the word.

if you want a tl;dr breakdown, it's essentially that: kill the nobles. The emperors who did that turned out good. Those who didn't were at best semi-decent.

there's nothing wrong with Islam desu

Latin Empire > Byzantine Empire

Prove me wrong

Both were cracker shitholes but Latin was slightly better

Live action rpg, faggot.
Many wrongs in it, there wouldn't be so many sects after all. Before saying the same for christianity let me infrom you that I am aware.
That's easy, the Byzantines had napalm

Live Action yes
Live Action
On the Internet
not In Real Life.
crackers s.mh

>Live Action
>on the internet
OH MY GOD STOP BEING SO AUTISTIC THIS WASNT EVEN FUNNY

there's one sect and a bunch of baseless heresies.

Yes this is what all of you confirmation bias addled minded people say

If Andronikos I Komnenos didn't size the fucking throne and massacre greedy latin merchants there, the empire would still have western supporty and Komnenos dynasty would continue with Alexios II Komnenos who was very latinized and married to daughter of French king.
With strong Komnenos leader and no Ang*los subhuman fucking everything up like inviting Fourth Crusade, Byzantines would continue to dominate balkans, probably even taking Croatia from Hungary and when Mongols arrive to Anatolia and wreak turkish shit up + Byzantine–Mongol alliance, Byzantines would recover rest of anatolia and reign supreme into gunpowder age.

tbqh the empire began its decline after Andronikos fucked everything up with his shitty populism which resulted in pic related... Ang*los drained entire treasury of the empire and made it bankrupt shithole.

I remember studying at school and thinking the Komnenos family were really spastic niggas

Komnenos family up untill death of Manuel, were extremely autistic but that was to their advantage.
They also loved to breed snownigger pussy with their superior mediterranean seed.
>tfw shota Alexios II will never breed loli Agnes Capet of France

It was like an on/off switch and someone forever pressed it and it got stuck on off. The switch measured ability to govern and actually be a state.

The Komnenos dynasty should have tried harder to reconquer Central Anatolia. They wasted a lot of time with silly expeditions to Syria instead.

Andronikos II Palaiologos shouldn't have demobilized his father's army. IIRC he shrunk it down to almost 1/10th of its size. Dude wtf lmao.

Converting to Catholicism was a waste of time every time. Catholics still hated Byzantium and it just alienated the Orthodox populace.

>Byzantines would recover rest of anatolia
Is this what whites believe?

eternal koksuk baba is afraid of Byzantine–Mongol alliance
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Byzantine–Mongol_alliance

Do you think Seljuks=Turks?
Do you even know why Seljuks invaded Anatolia? Because Turkish tribes who were not controlled by Seljuks (Seljuks had little authority on them) kept raiding Byzantine cities and this forced Byzantines to declare war on Seljuks even though Seljuks literally did nothing.

Even when Seljuks were annexed by Mongolians, Turkish tribes opposed Mongolian rule and started to attack Mongolian outposts and Seljuk cities. They even captured Iconium (Karaman Turks)

Byzantines would not only have to deal with Seljuks but also Turkish tribes.

Also Greeks were crushed by Turks at Myriokephalon.

Byzantines win at Manzikert, preventing the Turkification of Anatolia and providing them a buffer zone with the Islamic world.

>Byzantines win at Manzikert
Very difficult.

>Byzantines win at Manzikert
read Anatolia eventually would fall to Turks. Seljuks initially didn't even want to invade Anatolia. Actually Seljuks were trying to grab Egyptian and Syrian land because compared to Anatolia they were rich.

Not that difficult, the battle was theirs to lose. The problem would be winning the next battle after Manzikert, and the one after, and the one after.

Sure, if they won at Manzikert they probably survive longer than they did.

3rd Crusade was their last opportunity. Had the Germans retaken the Anatolian heartland for them they could have recovered, but the emperor drowned so the Germans went home.

After the 4th crusade it was basically all over.

The situation really was hopeless wasn't it

Yes
now bow dow to the Turkmen bitch

down*

Nah the revolution pretty much took care of that idea

Nah. Really, Manzikert wasn't even that big of a deal. The problem was that the emperor got captured, and the nobles spent the next ten years infighting rather than organizing any sort of resistance against the Turks. Put someone halfway competent in charge (Or don't have the previous emps captured) and the Turks' advance could have been checked with some minor territorial losses.

But of course to make sure someone competent gets on the throne you'd have to execute half of Constantinople's aristocracy.

Don't lose at Manzikert. Barring that, don't lose at Myriokephalon. When the Byzantines failed to properly dislodge and get rid of the Turks it was effectively over for them barring some kind of miracle leader.