"Thor hunts for Odin

>"Thor hunts for Odin
Notice a Reuters News Agency report from Nov. 30, 2001: "The Viking god Odin may have been a real king who lived in what is now southern Russia 2,000 years ago, Norwegian explorer Thor Heyerdahl said in a controversial new book on Thursday. In The Hunt for Odin , Heyerdahl says his archaeological digs by the Sea of Azov in Russia backed evidence in 13th century sagas written by Snorre Sturlason that Odin was more than a myth.
"Heyerdahl, who won worldwide acclaim with his 1947 voyage across the Pacific on the Kon-Tiki balsa raft, said Odin was a king who lived around Azov before being driven out by the Romans and taking his followers to Sweden. Ancient metal belt holders, rings and armbands dating from 100-200 AD found in excavations around the mouth of the Don River were almost identical to Viking equivalents found in Gotland, Sweden, some 800 years later, he said. ‘Snorre didn’t sit down and dream this all up,’ Heyerdahl told a news conference to launch his latest book with co-author Per Lillestrom. ‘In ancient times, people treated Gods and Kings as one and the same thing.’ Snorre’s stories about Odin, viewed as the king of the gods in Norse mythology, portrayed him as fighting battles. By contrast, Snorre treated Thor, the god of thunder, as a mythical hammer-wielding figure riding through the air. And he said that many of the place names in Snorre’s sagas matched the ancient Greek names for places around the Sea of Azov, such as Tanais."

Original thread:

Other urls found in this thread:

turktoresi.com/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=12325
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Galatians_(people)
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Crimean_Goths
telegraph.co.uk/news/science/science-news/8582150/Kon-Tiki-explorer-was-partly-right-Polynesians-had-South-American-roots.html
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Odin was a proto-Polish Nordic warrior that came from the steppe to plumb proto-Scandinavian women.

Take that g*rms, odin was an Asiatic snownigger just like me

turktoresi.com/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=12325

I guarantee this is going to cause wewuzzing of outrageous proportions

It's not, it's an old theory. It's how Snorri managed to not be murdered for recording the Prose Edda. It's a cute theory but completely incorrect.

we wuz vikangz is a shit meme that makes no sense

whatever happened on africa with egyptians and whatnot many north europeans are of viking descent and scandinavians definitely were (and possibly others, considering how they got around)

People from the Black Sea region and Anatolia back then weren't Turks you know? There were Celtic peoples living in Anatolia (Galatians) and Goths living in Crimea.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Galatians_(people)
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Crimean_Goths

Heyerdahl was a contrarian retard who devoted his life to inane theories, all of which were wrong.

>all of which were wrong.

Not at all. Some of his theories were proven to be true by actual research years after he died.

Such as?

I wonder what Varg thinks about him?
Such as? I've never heard about him.

Odin was a pure Indo-European from Anatolia.
>snorri would have been murdered
>a priest would have been murdered by other people who agree with him in both areas
Iceland wasn't hardline Catholic or hardline Pagan.

telegraph.co.uk/news/science/science-news/8582150/Kon-Tiki-explorer-was-partly-right-Polynesians-had-South-American-roots.html

>Indo-European from Anatolia.

They were from Ukraine.

t. Igor

But he was still wrong. Polynesians don't originate in South America. They just sailed there, picked up some women and left.

The oldest M417 is from Ukraine. Deal with it.

The eastern border of it specifically.
Most of Ukraine was I2/R1b-V88 country.
PIE homeland is really at the Volga.

>Odin was a degenerate transvestite who sucked off dead men to drink their cum.
>Thor turned himself into a woman and gagged on giant's cock to get his hammer back.
>Freyr and Freyja indulged in degenerate brother-sister incest and made mutant babies
>Loki cucked the whole of Asgard and then got fucked by a big black horse

As you can see, being degenerates are not a new thing for the scandies

Ukraine viking larping, who would have thought....

Ukraine is Polish

Nice try, (((Greenberg))).

>Implying anything I wrote was wrong.

You haven't read the Edda mate?
Remember to suck off your vikingbros to get them magical powers.

>huns didn’t completely fuck over the Crimean kingdoms
>huns aren’t Turkic

The horse thing sounds about right, but Loki is basically the closest thing to the devil within Norse mythology. The rest is exaggerated or outright bullshit, but don't let me keep you from your projecting.

Loki only got that role when christianity came into the picture.

Loki the trickster god became a metaphor for Judas/Satan/Lucifer, while Baldr, the god of day/light, became a metaphor for Jesus.
Originally, Ragnarok was the end of all things where the whole world died, but this was changed into the world being reborn with Baldr coming back from the dead, just like Jesus. And then a human male and female appear, just like Adam and Eve. And then "someone much greater" appear, I'm sure you can guess who this is.

It was normal for a viking to worship both Thor and Jesus at the same time. Pagans often let foreign gods into their pantheon and began to worship them, thus their own gods would often changed characteristics, be replaced or simply melt together with a similar foreign god.