I have been living in a new state for 1 year now

I have been living in a new state for 1 year now.

I have not been able to find a job outside of temp. agencies, I am currently finishing my master's and panicking because out of the hundreds of place I have applied, I have only been called in for 6 interviews.

Yesterday I went to an interview for an entry-level position that was perfectly suited to my education and experience.
I believe I did extremely well.
Today they emailed me and said they were not going to hire me. I don't know why.

The PhD teacher helping me find a job doesn't know why I can't get hired either.

My mother told me it is because I have a Native American sounding name and looking kind of dark, and that my father experienced this once (I am actually white though).

I emailed the company that didn't hire me and asked for constructive criticism, they have not responded back.

How likely is it that my mother is right and I can't get a job because people in Utah are cunts and think I'm Indian?

Also wtf can't I get a job?

Nice

Holy shit you're in UT and can't get a job?? You're clearly an autistic sperg who doesn't even realize they're a retard. The economy here is booming and everyone is looking to hire.

Yes I know jobs are falling from the sky right now, which makes it even harder to understand why I can't get one. And when I say I can't get a job, I mean I don't even get interviews.

I don't understand what I am doing wrong, and even though your first response was to drop to insults and not consider my side, I have begun to believe that people here just don't like me. I am thinking of finding someone to give me a fake interview to tell me what I am doing wrong.

Other than that I am going to start saving to move out of this state, this shit isn't normal.

You probably should tell us what you studied if you want help. A masters degree in bullshit won't help you get a job and might actually hurt. Yes, a mock interview and someone to review your resume would be useful ideas. If your adviser hasn't been actively in industry in the past 10+ years, they're probably giving you terrible advice considering how much has changed since then.

And you better be looking for something in SLC or you're just fucked for obvious reasons. No one wants to live in Payson or Clearfield.

Post your resume bruv

figured it out

So this is a very simple resume, my teacher made it because I started to believe my regular resume was too flashy.
My teacher has a PhD in Healthcare Administration, and lots of professional experience in it. I am going to a Master's in Healthcare Admin.

This is my 2nd career as I had to leave my 1st due to medical reasons.

My BS in Psy. helps me alot as I have been applying to many mental healthcare facilities etc. infact the job I interviewed for yesterday was for a large mental healthcare franchise.

I have temporary job experience that is related to the field...and also that temp. work is all I've been able to get in the field.

I feel like it should all get me into an entry level job atleast...but I can't even get an interview...and of the 6 I've had they've all either said they went with someone with more experience (these were all entry-level), or the just turn me down and never say why.

I also find it very suspicious that a professional business will not even respond to an email asking for constructive criticism.

Also ignore the "Texas Healthcare Experience" error in that first page...it's only an error in this dumby example...not the ones I actually turn in.

dude, condense that all down to one page, you can keep all the info, just tighten all that shit up massively. The details on your last two jobs shouldn't mention temp position, and should have more detail about what you did. Take the jewelry tech experience off, isn't relevant.

No one will give real feedback from interviews, they don't gain anything from it and only open themselves to lawsuits if they say the wrong thing. You'll never get any real advice after an interview. Don't expect any. It's surprising that you think this is possible. Your best bet is to ask a business leader you know personally (maybe a boss of your mom or dad's) that will do a mock interview and won't hold back with real feedback. The bigger the asshole the better.

If your teacher isn't actively introducing you to people who are in the business right now, then you need to network yourself. If you have some cash, try to go to a conference related to the business.

Dude please tell me these resumes are just a LARP. I am fucking DYING right now holy shit

>2018
you from the future or what?

I have actually done that, but with another resume.

I think for this one.

Also, about the mom and dad thing, as I have mentioned this is my 2nd career due to a medical condition that stopped me from continuing my jewelry career: I am 30.

I wonder how much of a factor my age is in all of this...but I feel that it shouldn't be too much of an issue if I try applying for entry-level jobs for the purpose of long-term employment at a company--but so far this has not been the case.

being 30 and applying for entry level jobs just shows you fucked up earlier in life and are trying to restart, and may fuck your life up again and bail out on them. really you should be leveraging some of the experience you have and applying to mid-level jobs. drop off anything not relevant to healthcare off your resume.

Go reeeeddit-post somewhere else

I have 1 year left until I finish my master's

How do you think I should explain that to them when I apply though?

I was actually very successful and talented at my first career, but I had to leave it or I would suffer brain-death from a genetic disorder. I am lucking I'm not a vegetable right now.

Don't explain it unless you have to. Tell the sob story after you get the job (or better yet never at all), it just makes you sound delicate and like you will need coddling. If they ask why you're just getting into this business, just say you wanted to get into the healthcare industry after some experience in another business and decided to go back to school.

This resume is really fucked up. 0/10 cannot even imagine. Sorry don't mean to be rude. One thing some people don't know is you are allowed to tailor your resume to your role.

Lets say you are trying to get a job in social work, your insurance underwriter job looks confusing so leave it off there and explain away that you were trying to focus hard on school. You could take off your entire Jewelry side too.

Then you could probably fit all that on a single page.

Obviously, if you would rather work in insurance, make a business version.

You aren't an idiot don't put yourself down just split your resume in half and it'd be great. Grats I love GCU too, don't go there I went to UofA but only have met nice people from there so far.

If I was going to give career advice I might ask you to try Masters your Psychology but give working a try.

Get a europass template for your CV. Yours looks like shit.

I guess so...Though why someone would think that a person who over-came a fatal illness and still kept his shit together would need coddling is beyond me, but I do definitely see how that is too personal...I just don't know how to patch my history together in a way for people to understand without giving them a /quick rundown/ on why I am where I am.

What do you think about me not using any of my temp. experience at all, and just saying that I am looking for my first job in the field?

This is my original template, come at me bro.

Though I see now how to better arrange my experience etc. on this

>person who over-came a fatal illness and still kept his shit together
see you're being dramatic...so yes, way too personal. Think of it like this, is what you're conveying trying to get sympathy from them or explain why you're an inferior candidate? Cause no one wants to give sympathy or spend energy understanding why you're a unique individual, they want to give you money for spending 8+ hours there doing things. Everything you should be conveying should be selling them on how well you will do the job. What can you say that tells them you understand the job and will be able to do it independently without too much training? How can you come off as a mature individual who can show up on time and communicate effectively.

Leave the temp healthcare experience on, delete the 'business experience'. Call any temp experience a short term contract, or say you were 'contracting' and are now looking for something stable that you can be at for a long time.

These are all excellent points, thank you guys.

Though successfully interviewing for mid-level positions is going to be very hard I think, I have never had to interview at a high level. When I was a jeweler I got hired by my portfolio and skill set, not my interviewing skills.