Thoughts?

Thoughts?

THIRD ROME, BITCH!

who was the last person to claim the title of roman emperor (regardless of the legitimacy of the claim)?

was it abdülmecid ii.?
was the last caliph also the last claimant to the legacy of rome?

Fugg, his end was so sad.

I, just a couple of days ago, looked through who has the LEGAL rights to be roman emperor, and there are people living to this day with those LEGAL rights. Obviously it's just HRE because they're not roman, nor emperors.

>Before the beginning of the siege, Mehmed II made an offer to Constantine XI. In exchange for the surrender of Constantinople, the emperor's life would be spared and he would continue to rule in Mistra. As preserved by G. Sphrantzes, Constantine replied:

To surrender the city to you is beyond my authority or anyone else's who lives in it, for all of us, after taking the mutual decision, shall die of our own free will without trying to save our lives.

>Constantine died the day the city fell, 29 May 1453. There were no known surviving eyewitnesses to the death of the Emperor and none of his entourage survived to offer any credible account of his death.[27] According to Michael Critobulus (writing later in Mehmed's service), he remarked, "The city is fallen and I am still alive."[28] Then he tore off his imperial ornaments so as to let nothing distinguish him from any other soldier and led his remaining soldiers into a last charge where he was killed.

J U S T
U
S
T

I like to imagine he took like 20 turks with him.

>implying the HRE was Roman or an empire

that's exactly what he said
learn to read

The stories of last monarchs of nations are almost always sad

>implying it was Holy either.

the last roman emperor was heraclius

Just think. All of Anatolia would have been Christian had it not been for Byzantine incompetence and Venetian bantz.

>Not all of MENA

Fucking Yarmouk REEEEEEE

Source.

More like 20 turkish cock, he died with a peasant womans clothes while trying to fled the city according to the venetian sources, the turks didnt even realize they had killed him

Gibbons

>Herbert Adams Gibbons (1880–1934), who denounced the Palaiologoi as ‘the most iniquitous family that has ever disgraced the kingly office’ and declared that the death of Constantine XI was ‘a striking illustration of the wrath of God upon the fourth generation of those who had hated and despised him’'

Totally not biased. Most sources I've read say that his body was never found as he wasn't wearing the imperial regalia.

>he wasn't wearing the imperial regalia.

Makes you think doesnt it

Every time.

Byzaboos are spinning the whole dying with peasant clothes as that he want to die along with his soldier(not getting captured) as the city is falling, some even said that he wasnt actually dead and that someday he will reclaim Constantinople

But really i think the most logical explanation here is him trying to flee the city and rebuild his power base as some island in the aegean is still isnt captured by the ottoman, just like when the crusader sacked constantinople and the emperor fled to nicaea

Another Greek empire in shambles, sad.

He was a Gr*ek

Thought?

Kingdom of Trebizond were the last vestiges of the Roman Empire

roach detected

i am greek

>vestiges
the renaissance has a better claim

He was given the chance to flee by boat before.

maybe he thought the walls would hold on and rome would send reinforcement soon enough but changed mind once the walls breached

Both are technically correct.

Fitting end for the b*zantine empire desu

Yes. The Turks and Germans are larpers

>venetian sources
Opinion discarded

Nah he just didn't want the roaches to take his head as a trophy

It really shows how you roaches cannot understand things like honour or patriotism and love for the motherland that is not tied to your desert death cult.

>Mehmed sent soldiers to search amongst the dead for his body. The first body that was believed to be the emperor's, a body that had silk stockings with an eagle embroidered in it, was decapitated and marched around the ruined capital. However, it failed to gather any recognition from the citizens of Constantinople
lamao what a pathetic roach