ChainLink, the new face of crypto

Most of Veeky Forums has already bought in, and are a part of the early adopters and visionaries to the proper introduction of Oracles in the world of crypto.

Why aren't you in yet, user? Genuinely curious, still on the fence? It's stabilized at 47c and showing signs of rising to 50 by tonight. This will be $5 by January.

The fact of LINK's potential and usecases are no longer a debate. It's been established that this will change the face of crypto as a whole...Make sure you invest accordingly rather than post pink wojaks for years.

>Championed by Swift
>Cube of Saturn is the Logo
>Mentioned in one of ((their)) magazines years ago
>The theme of the conference is blockchains
>A lot of information suggests that banks and other financial institutes are planning on integrating ((something)) in Q1 2018
>Swift needs something to kill Ripple

The writing is on the wall.

>only $5 by January
this will be $35 by January guaranteed

Jesus guys, its either you're exagerating or just really that dumb. It will NOT be $5 or more. Too big

Why can't it get to 3-4 bil market cap? It just has to convince ripple investors that it's better (it is.)

Stop chilling this so much, it Will be 10$ by end of 2018 and that is still a super price so be happy with that

Any exchange where i can actually buy it? Or any tip how to acquire for fellow normie please? Been seeing link here for quite a while guess i can give it a shot with some spare pocket money

You're right, ChainLink is too big for a pea size amount of $5, it'll be $50 EOTY instead.

>the current year
>thinking anything makes sense anymore
the world is nothing but memes and bullshit anymore, would make perfect sense for this thing to explode

This

or at the very least 30 dollars

I'd bust a nut so big it'd put all the New Years fireworks to shame

No it will be $70, buy! buy! buy!

INB4 $9000

After reading the white paper and watching Sergey talk, I invested my life savings into this.

coinbase -> buy ethereum with a card -> deposit it to binance -> buy LINK -> retire

thanks for help. I am not sure if i should wait for a dip here as the market seems it might get into correction? Any news from the interested parties which could help convince me to buy now or wait for dip?

If the whole SWIFT thing is confirmed to be a proper implementation of the tech, we'll see an unprecedented amount of FOMO which could easily catapult LINK to $5.

>tfw you managed to daytrade your stack down from 68k to 60k
>tfw you just made a big sell at 10940 to buy back in at 10700

how fucked am i boys

i know this is going to hit at least $1 and am all in and have no other coins on my radar but i miss the thrill of crypto i can't just sit around and hold one coin for a couple weeks while it moons, i literally have to be making a trade at all times

Confirmed SWIFT implementation would easily blast LINK above $20 (i.e. above Ripple's market cap).

im not in because I don't know how to use ether delta and no one will explain it to me

It's on binance too.
And you can use google.

Do you really get this much satisfaction from scamming neets?

Seriously?

guess you don't want my business then

Stop dancing round 110k plz
go up

Absolutely. Bye bye.

Waiting for a dip is risky because it could moon at any moment.

Binance needs a fucking stop loss

dumb, salty link fudder

nigga i started 2 weeks ago and already up 100 bucks from mainly buying more link yesterday. Ive spent 500 bucks only and I smoke pot everyday. If i could do it then anyone can do it, you just gotta read.

I started with coinbase. Now go and start deciding what color lambo you getting

stop losses are for newfags

Stop losses are for weak-handed faggots e.g. redditors.

>scamming
It's got the ONLY peer reviewed white paper in crypto

I hope you realize the only one getting hurt by you not joining in is you.
But since I know a lot of newfags are here and are wanting to get in:
>Trade money for Ethereum on coinbase
>Either get a myetherwallet address or use binance
>Send the Ether there
>Trade for LINK

enjoy losing money faggot

Thanks just sold 100k

FUCK I JUST FOMO BOUGHT BACK IN AT 10990

REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE FUCK THIS SHIT THIS IS HELL

I NEED THE RUSH OF TRADING BUT EVERY TIME I DO I LOSE MONEY

JUST GO TO $2 OVERNIGHT SO I CAN START PUMPING SOME SHITCOINS

>early adopters
KEK
more like early bagholders. Did you even read the Oct palm beach report? let me guess. You're a poor fag and can't afford 6000 USD a month for it? let me break it down for you.

"Today’s pick is Stellar Lumens (XLM). Jed McCaleb founded it in 2014. He also founded Ripple in 2011.
Stellar is a banking and payments platform. It’s similar to Ripple.
Stellar is building a global network to facilitate cross-border payments. Its goal is to reduce the transaction costs and times of traditional payment systems.
But that’s not all…
Stellar is also making advancements in the initial coin offering (ICO) space. Right now, when it comes to ICOs, the focus is on Ethereum. But you can perform ICOs on Stellar as well.
The Stellar team has been increasingly writing about regulatory-compliant ICOs. And behind the scenes, Stellar has created a SaaS (software-as-a-service) platform for easy token launches.
Here’s why we’re buying it…
Stellar is actively engaged with potential partners in Japan, Southeast Asia, and the Middle East. We expect Stellar to make major new partnership announcements later this year.
We think these partnerships will ignite massive buying in Stellar Lumens tokens. We’re looking for at least a double before the end of the year.
Action to Take: Buy Stellar Lumens (XLM) Buy-up-to Price: $0.04. ...

ChainLink is significantly overbought and we are predicting a correction back to .32 by Oct 22nd 2017"

TL;DR stella is the new ether

what is the reason this could skyrocket so fast and not just take small steps? any specific news coming in? I would like to avoid getting into overpriced market like eBTC

Sibos and memes

> 10999,99999999 sat/LINK
Fuck, Im getting nervous

You don't even know how many brackets to use. Fuck off fudder.

Still holding that bag m8?

This is a FUD but XLM is cheap right now so why not, also:
>paying $3000 for a report just to get 13% annual returns, or what a LINK holder gets in a day
Are stock holders the biggest cucks in the world of finance?

man what are you doing. i am a 3500 linklet who managed to scalp my way up to 4500. you just burned around 10k LINKs if my math is right, wtf man

He's shilling, not fudding, you fucking idiot. Learn to read.

I honestly wonder what percentage of Veeky Forums has money in crypto but is not holding this coin. You really have to be stupid not to be.

>implying stop losses don't make you lose money
>implying prices wont rise again after your stop loss triggered
>implying

from my observations the only people who don't own it or are strongly against it are all in on Elix and Obsidian, so in other words the 10% retards

No, we absolutely dont.if clueless retards left this board it might have some quality.

get ready for pump tonight

agreed IMO for the dumbest people in biz this is the safest investment they can jump into. id understand if more experienced traders arent buying yet tho because of opportunity costs. 9 days is still a long-ass time in crypto

Can anyone who bought in actually name one use-case for this thing. Or explain why you would use Chainlink as an Oracle when it requires you to invest in it for you to use it while Oracles created without a cryptocurrency token can be used by anyone. It seems like Chainlink is a great way for the founders to raise money, but a very poor manner of building an Oracle. Someone please explain.

lmao get a load of this nolink fudder kill yourself my man nice try why don't you take that arguement over to r/crypto i'm sure they would like to dicuss it with you lmao

It can only reach a small percentage price of Ethereum. By definition of it being an Oracle it will always be much smaller than Ethereum. So it can only go as high as Ethereum.

I just broke $400. I lost $100 from $400 when I just learned how to margin.
Thank you based Linkies for helping me.

lol, its for hyperledger as well. GET REKT NOLINKER

Why do I need to provide a link to say that only people who own Chainlink can use it as an Oracle. That's on their homepage. Other Oracles can be used by anyone. So by definition Chainlink has given itself a smaller market than its competitors. Please give me an argument other than you just invested and want to dump it on some sorry idiot who doesn't understand crypto.

its the first decentralized oracle you idiot. im done lol one search in plebbit or old Veeky Forums threads gets you an answer on how important that is

chainlink will definitely have more digits than your IQ

Ya so it is limited to a tiny fraction of the networks for which it applies. I'm just saying it can't really go all that high by definition of what it is.

>only 55 shares
>have 10btc
I regret not joining in on the presale, but I really don't like the idea of buying in at .48c/per.

I have more money than you

First Decentralized Oracle and it also limits its market base. You can build Oracles that don't limit their market base dumbass. Its easier to use a library of Oracles that doesn't require you to invest in an outside product first. You obviously don't know how Oracles work. All they do is transfer information from outside sources to the blockchain. It doesn't matter if one has a crypto-currency trading token or not. It matters whether or not they have the largest library of Oracle programs to link the blockchain to outside information. How does having a crypto-currency token enhance the Oracle function? Oracles are very important, but the fact that this has crypto-currency token adds nothing to its use as an Oracle.

The token is incentive for people to run nodes. They are paid in it and staking more increases the weight of the node.

Other oracle solutions don't require tokens but you still have to pay them. Decentralization is a meme yadda yadda but it's really why it works like this.

It's an ecosystem that rewards node operators and can function without any oversight. Any other option is going to be centralized because you have to have someone to run everything.

This, we're living in the best timeline

If you're going to use a centralized oracle it isnt trustless. dont use a smart contract at all. just use a regular server client app.

thats the entire point of smart contracts being as trustless "as possible".

it needs its own token to incentivize nodes

why LINK instead of using ether as the incentive? its to detach the LINK token's price from ETH as much as possible

if hyperledger takes off and wrecks ETH smart contract usage the node operators would get wrecked financially even though the LINK ecosystem is well used

phaggot

>Recently get into crypto, around Oct 1st
>Go on biz, get memed into wanting to buy chainlink
>Fuck it, I'm gonna buy 3k
>Go on coinbase
>Set up bank account, withdraw money and buy bitcoin to transfer
>"Arriving in 8 days"

JUST

WTF Coinbase takes 5 mins for me.
What country you in?

OMG plummeting. Sell sell sell.

US
Credit/Debit cards are instant for me, but I failed to see the fine print that a direct transfer from the bank would take over a week.

IT'S FALLING!
AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

Happened to me too, hang in there user we're gonna make it.

Aah fuck, thanks for the heads up.

No problem, I've learned since to use GDAX as well; It's owned by coinbase and has much lower transaction fees.

10990 is like about the highest atm, couldnt you wait till at least 10k, free 10%

this lol its like margin trading cfds why the fuck use em

GDAX has been a total nuissance for me. Only took a few hours to get verified on Kraken/Coinbase/CEX.io , but GDAX just doesn't want to happen. Fuckit.

It is over 9,000

>bank transfer
>bitcoin
It's like you're trying to miss the moon mission.

Moon mission's taking a breather. I get the feeling it's gonna bounce back and forth off those buy and sell walls for a few days yet.

what moon mission? it's gonna fall in the next few days, it'll rise 2 days from sibos

I didn't see the buy wall in time to sell, so I guess I'll hold.

I have a feeling it will go up before Sibos.

why would it crash if everyone is trying to get in at the dip?

>Sell wall's been holding the price at 10something for a long time now.
>There's a tense period where nobody knows what to do
>eventually a few cash out
>runaway train
>more price drops, more people fomo out
>choochoo
>whale buys cheap
>dead cat bounces on the way down as people try to get back in and minimise losses.

yeah why is it crashing, faggot?

I said the same about 100 eth

impatient tards who see it's stopped climbing and panic that it's going to drop before they sell their own magic beans. race to cash out first. it's that straightforward. it's not a bad product, it will climb back. hold the fuck on.. sell now buy lower. either way, it's all good.

that happens on shitcoins though.
there's actual value driving demand here so every time it drops someone else is quick to buy it. with the sell wall not so much. no one is gonna sell their bags this low and whales are indeed fucking around

Well you get the price you paid for at the time you bought it on Coinbase, so if there's a bitcoin moon mission I'm still good.

I'm actually having trouble getting verified there too. Even with the last 4 digits of my SSN they can't find me in public records ffs.

Thanks user

fuck meant for

Worked fine for me. I registered 2 days ago and got verified.
Was difficult to do the ID bullshit through webcam.
But worth it for me.

I'd imagine a pretty big chunk of people invested in this one are on the bandwagon or saw some pretty sweet gains without actually knowing what it's all about. (See any thread) So I'm not sure it actually matters that this is an awesome product.

Plus there's plenty of people swing trading it, this shit's easy mode compared to most things last month. If it hits a ceiling, stops moving for a half hour, I've made a decent profit and the sell wall isn't moving. I'm selling... others will follow suit soon. I buy back. Rinse repeat.

Why do most of you even bother?

You'll probably sell too early on a promising coin to only post pink wojaks months in advance like you did with NEO/OMG/Eth/and link next.

Most of this board is broke as fuck and you're all trading with like $500 bucks. It's quite laughable.

You forgot to mention gdax has a daily 10k withdraw limit. I wanted to put everything into this at .35, but FUCKING GDAX MOTHER FUCKERS (at least eth has risen in value)

There was some kinda issue whenever I confirmed my name/address (in any known variation, e.g. of address, post code layout, etc). There'd just be a red message saying it can't be verified (this is after sending photo verification, so some fields were locked in). Customer support was pretty useless.

Same here. It appears I can still use my card ($500 daily), bank transfer, etc., but it still says I'm not verified even though I gave them my driver's license.

mmhmm. and the people who buy promising coins for long term gains are called "hodl cucks" or whatever. sad stuff.

>crashing

>daytrading your stack

You fucking fool

Take out 50 bucks worth and throw it in another coin and daytrade that and if you're good enough to make profits put them back in your link stack

Keeps your risk low, your stack safe, and the fun of day trading

can somebody give me baby steps on how to buy link with BTC?

i am not very familiar with alt coin markets etc

Lol high quality FUD

1.buy BTC from Coinbase/any seller.
2.send btc from coinbase to Binance/ any exchange that sells link.
3. buy Link with btc on exchange of choice
4. (optional) withdraw link from exchange to wallet