Arabic language

Will arabic have a bigger role globally in the future? It has around 300-400 million speakers and is the main language for 1,5 billion muslims.

No.

>It has around 300-400 million speakers
>is the main language for 1,5 billion muslims.
what does that mean

Fuck off dumbass, Arabic Numerals are worldwide.

If the Middle east and north Africa become more developed you will have a region of hundreds of millions of Arab speakers actively taking part in international commerce
I can see Egypt being the flagship of the Arab world in following decades

The Indians came up with it, the Arabs just passed the idea around.

It already is.

Daily reminder if your language is one of the 6 languages of the UN, its a Lingua Franca.

Yes just like English the Germanics came up with it.

>Arabic
>Language(singular)

That's like saying that the Anglo-Saxons were speaking perfect English when they arrived in Britain.

Arabic numerals came from Hindus.
English came from the Germans.
German queen rules England.

English gradually evolved from a germanic language.
The hindus had modern numerals packed and ready to go, the Arabs had nothing to do with its development.

>If

>I can see Egypt being the flagship of the Arab world in following decades
You are the only one who can see that. Everybody else just sees 100 million Arabs cramped on way too few arable land with next to no natural resources, not enough jobs, a shitty educational system, a deeply corrupt military junta and society and no future whatsoever.

>Nile river
>not a natural resource

its an important language
but all of the vernaculars are different
I don't know how different, because I'm not that interested in them, but it is enough so that they're not mutually intelligable iirc
So sort of think of it as if like we called all of the Romance languages "Latin", and then asked "Will Latin have a bigger role globally in the future?"

I would say it already has a pretty big role. Many governments, NGOs, military/defence analysis etc all use Arabic speakers. If the Middle East remains as fucked up as it is (which it will in the foreseeable future), there will always be a substantial role for Arabic in these areas.

The dialects can vary a lot, but the main ones (Egyptian, Levantine and Gulf) aren't so different to be mutually unintelligible. There are some differences in grammar/pronunciation/vocabulary, but on the whole if you have a decent grasp of one dialect, or even Modern Standard Arabic, it's not difficult to understand another.

not enough for 100 million people, Egypt is already importing most of its food, and the nile valley is one of the most densly populated places on earth. And the population is still growing at 3rd world rates. Keep on dreaming, but all bets are against Egypt.

So accountants speak Arabic,
good to know for tax returns.

NORTH AFRICA FOR BERBERS. ARABS GET OUT. ISLAM GET OUT. WE'RE WORKING TO DEVELOP OUR STUFF. WE JUST NEED FRANCE TO STOP SPONSORING SELF CLAIMED ARABS.

What is Berber religion then???

berber nationalists are mostly atheist, before Islam there was Judaism, some christianism and some paganism

no. quite the opposite, once the oil runs out or if the west stops relying on oil, they will devolve into even further barbarism

Close the fucking borders and let them kill each other, then we dont have to care

Arabic is not really utilized to it's full potential. The muslims outside the Arab world can only "read it" for the Quran, but they don't even know what it means. Modern Standard Arabic hasn't been implemented successfully and people usually hear it only in Cartoons and news. It's a shame since many other countries (Italy, French, China) also have different dialects that is unintelligible but the education and implementation is what made them successful.

Nevermind the fact that Arab countries are constantly failing and not making any relevant contribution to their local universities, books, world or in politics. The amount of people reading books is abysmal and how everyone is memed to go to STEM and not pursue any humanities because it does not make money.

If Arabic goes on like this, it would have no place in the future anymore.

Arabic is not comparable to Latin. The only huge difference is the Maghrabi dialects as they have French and Berber loan words incorporated in there but it's still understandable enough once you spend a week or two conversing with them.

not just that, the Arab world is filled with different dialects that are not formalized. The language is too diverse for it to grow in any capable form without native Arab speakers or converts outside of the Arab world. Additionally, while the region is always on the spotlight, no superpower exists there which would facilitate the spread of the language or act as a magnet for it. Most people learning it (myself included) do it for work or academic reasons. Also doesn't help that it's one of the hardest (in that it takes a long time to master) languages to learn.

Aren't most dialects of Arabic mutually unintelligible?

depends on the proximity. Egyptian is easy if you learn Syrian, Iraqi dialects. But say jumping from Saudi to Morrocan or Tunisian (which use a lot of French) is hard.

Kinda, sorta. North-African arabic has many berber, french, sometimes spanish loanwords, but most Arabic speakers in those countries revert to standard Arabic rather than colloquial speech to communicate with Egyptians, Gulfs, Levantines, etc, etc. . .

I dunno but I started learning it. You never know

FPBP

Nah. Even if you take into account the rise of Islam worldwide, the fact is that in terms of pure numbers, most muslims don't write in arabic.