Belarus

Why does Belarus even exist?

They have a separate language/culture and have wanted to become independent since WWI times.

>Why does Belarus even exist?
Cultural boundaries were created, when Belarussian principalities were aquired by Lithuania, Ukrainian ones by Poland, and Russian ones by the Golden Horde.

There were also different East Slavic Tribes, but it Hardly impacts it as most of them were split 50/50 between modern borders of Russia and others, or stayed in Russia completely.

it's an artificial nation created by G*rmany and perpetuated by the Bolsheviks to divide Russia. Like Ukraine

Funnily Lexxy L is trying real hard to become another Russian Republic but his country is so shit even Putin is lelno'ing him.

Citation needed

I really hope Father knows Russian history enough to prepare a nice heir in advance.

Belarus is a buffer nation where one is needed. they are doing gods work and separate Russians from Europe.

B

Stalin gave to Zhmudzin Wilno and gave them name "Lithuania" so true Lithuania had to get new name

Quite opposite.
He is pretty good work keeping country safe and stable and at the same time balancing between west and east.
He is doing thing similar that Tito was doing or what Poles were trying to do in between great wars.

I love how Lukasenko goes completely under the western radar despite being a bona fide dictator right under their nose here in Europe.

>what Poles were trying to do
Except they didn't even try and were complete morons diplomatically back then and for the most of their history.

They were trying to keep both USSR and Germans at bay.
Beck just continue Pilsudski line. Sadly he was no match for Stalin and Adolf.

>separate language/culture
>LITERALLY CALLED "White Russia"

It's people like you that have allowed the Netherlands to exist past the formation of the German Empire.

Polish-Lithuanian-Russian fusion.

Why exactly should a colonial powerhouse like the Netherlands be part of the German "Empire"?

B

>"White Russia"
I know it's a bait but for fucks sake, "Russia" and "Rus" are two different terms.

>language
less than 10% speaks Belarusian

"Russia" named itself that way for political reasons as a sign that they consider themselves real heirs to the Kievan Rus.

>wasted get by a triggered white boi

I asked cause it's that one country people tend to forget about, the only reason we are reminded of it's existence is when we look at a map and discover there is no Polish - Russian border.

That and it's the only place in modern Europe that still has a dictator.

He is not dictator but a beloved leader of the people, savior of white(rus) race and ruler of the biggest potato field.

Russia are turbo cunts and thier nation needs to be split up as much as possible.

Cause he doesn't go full on aspie against western interests like so many dictators in the past have, and his country is landlocked and irrelevant.

>"Russia" named itself that way for political reasons as a sign that they consider themselves real heirs to the Kievan Rus.
Russia was the only sucessor state to the Kievan Rus. It was obviously the heir, because there were no others, apart from Grand Principality of Novgorod and all the principalities spitted out of the Golden Horde.

>Assumed office 20 July 1994

amazing what happens when you just keep to yourself

So what about Ukraine?

That's for another thread, here we go Belarus.

A shithole.
A fucking shithole.
Can expand topic but we are talking about glorious potato land.

THE ONES WHO DON'T JUMP ARE MOSCALS

>Can expand topic but we are talking about glorious potato land.

No, no expansion.
Belarus only.

B

E

L

A

R

U

S

E

Roughly two years ago for the first time I heard about a country named "Belarus". I wondered I could have been ignorant of an European country that long, being European myself. Turns out I knew about the country, but as "White Russia" as we call it in our country which is what Belarus literally means. But it's still remarkable that I have no recollection of anyone mentioning the country in English language websites, considering that the English part of Internet is where I've practically lived for the last ~15 years. Just tells how little people pay attention to Belarus.

That is not really true.
Lukaszenko is typical old guard commie from local nomenclature. He is a peasant first. I would say he honestly care about his country like peasant would care about his land.
He was trying to get cozy with West(to balance Russian influence) but on his own terms and that EU did not like.
There is some sponsored EU and USA NGO opposition. Poles( under German orders) were trying also stir some trouble.
Still Luka keep things under control.

D

Its because westerners do not care and western media are used mostly as tool for politics or for profit and not for informing population.

nice

Zhive

All me

nice

Does belarus even exist?

Every Belorussian I've met was a really nice person so I have no problems with them existing.

Ukraine needs to be nuked though.

this

Part of Russia that not even Russia wants

Because they can

Belarus even exist?

What's the difference? Because form my experience their the same.

Ukraine has salo and Belarus has potato.

They are not.
Not even close.

Is Belarus an interesting place to visit? It seems like it has a culture that's a nice mix of Polish and Russian and a lot of history.

I've been and found it pretty dull, the nature is fairly untouched though so it can be beautiful but it doesn't seem like it's progressed much from its communist days but there are some cool castles.

*I wondered how I could have been

I kind of like that post Soviet aesthetic. I'm interested in Russian and Polish history.

>"Russia" and "Rus" are two different terms
This must be bait. No way you are that retarded. I bet you think that France and Franks are two different terms too.